Unspeakable goodness

>The eldritch horror is actually a nice guy
How does this affect your setting, Veeky Forums?

Then it's no longer an eldritch horror is it?

>What is Bloodborne

What if it's presence is so comforting and pleasant that people go into a state of catatonia upon witnessing it?

It least it's not the Ring of Bliss.

Literally none of the eldritch horrors were nice guys, least of all the good hunter

So, SCP-999?

Noice

>entire civilizations ruined by being lovingly spooned by the living embodiment of contentment and happy dreams that never end
where were you when Bob Ross became cthulhu?

>The eldritch horror is actually a nice guy
YHWH?

I don't know if I'd call him "nice."

Now obviously, anyone who believes in him at all believes he is Good. But Good and Nice are not the same thing.

Yeah, Job, the Plague and the Exodus were definitely not nice things.
Probably a ton other things, but I don't remember my bible perfectly.

a "nice" guy wouldn't dream up Revelations as an end of world scenario
so yeah
good is not always nice and evil is not always mean

Depends; you have to admit it's pretty metal.
>Hey my dudes! Want to have the RADDEST rapture? I got your backs.

Arguably Ebrietas. She pretty much just acts as a oracle to humans who ask her questions and is peaceful until your character goes and stabs her with some kind of large sharpened implement

The eldritch horror of my setting already is benign, just bored and tired of living among mortals that either go mad from eldritch radiation, or just die from old age. He still remembers his one-time companion five hundred years earlier

He looks like a big guy

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Mr.Rogers Neighborhood wgah'nagl fhtagn."

Once he has his fill of universe domination, he's pretty nice.

There's evidence to show she's incredibly mournful and sad as well. Her portrayal as the inverted Fool tarot card shows she's almost trapped by it, her pose in front of the Altar of Grief (Japanese name) is sullen, and her fight music, though largely untranslated, makes direct reference to tears and crying for the "beautiful girl," although it's unclear as to if it means "why do you cry for the beautiful girl?" or "why do you cry beautiful girl?"

My planned JoJo campaign had an eldritch abomination. Not really nice, but not really evil either. It going to earth is what kicks off the whole Stand thing, but other than that it's existence isn't too relevant.

During a period where I was very sleep deprived, I also followed a bizarre line of logic to come up with Primal Stands.

>The EA is going to earth. It gets blown up and it's fragments embedding themselves in people cause Stands.
>Ok, why is it going to earth in the first place?
>To eat people/spread darkness/kill things? Nah, that's boring.
>What's the most mundane thing a person could be going to a place for?
>Visiting family, that's mundane enough.
>Wait, what would a meteorite-shaped EA have for family?
>Oh wait, ANOTHER meteorite shaped EA of course.
>Now what well-known meteors hit earth?
>Oh, I know, the ones that wiped out the dinosaurs.
>Wait, since the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs is also an EA, wouldn't that mean it's fragments can cause Stands as well?
>Of course, so cavemen, dinosaurs, and other prehistoric creatures were/could have been Stand users.

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly a Primal Stand would be and how it differs from a normal Stand. Could be similar to a Requiem Stand I guess?

>EA is going to earth. It gets blown up and it's fragments embedding themselves in people cause Stands
That's basically how it works in Worm.

Admittedly not a thing I'm familiar with.,

Eldritch horrors travel the stars and search for developing sentient species. They infect these species with fragments of themselves. These fragments are superpowers.

While infected with superpowers, those close to the infected will develop similar powers (for example a man who controls darkness, his little sister develops the ability to be forgotten by anyone not looking at her).

Once the planet is at a breaking point and about to destroy itself, the eldritch horrors harvest all the fragments, both the ones that were part of themselves originally and the new ones. And because these eldritch horrors are multidimensional beings, it happens to every version of that planet at once.

Worm is when this happens to Earth. Every Earth. It ends with a teenage girl mindjacking every superhero in every parallel reality to force them to work together to kill the eldritch horror that has decided it is suicidal and is destroying humanity for the hell of it before itself dying.

Might have to look into that, sounds interesting.

None of them were really evil though. They're pretty willing to help humans, it's just that their idea of 'help' is incredibly alien.

Mother Kos was nice up until the dickheads at Byrgenwerth decided to fuck with the fishing hamlet's citizens.

>Incredibly petty, vengeful and jealous
>Makes stuff that's just part of human nature a crime worthy of infinite retribution
>nice

How about instead of the previous horror creating Stands, it created the whole stone mask/vampire/Pillar Man stuff? Just because the two horrors are related doesn't mean they work the exact same way, after all.

Jorge Joestar had the common ancestor of all Stands.

"its a beautiful day in this neighborhood, and it never won't be again"

Also a good plan. Never considered if/how my setting would include those things, but a very good possibility.

Could even have a prehistoric Vandal Savage-esque Pillar Man at some point.

Already have this.
>Eldritch Horror came to the planet to hide from another one.
>Created multiple archipelagos of volcano islands to sleep inside for some time.
>Island explorers find these islands, full of plants and animals due to mineral rich volcanic soil and vast reefs.
>They become aware of the entity deep in the volcanos and begin to worship, mistakingly thinking it the gods of the islands, they begin to worship it.
> It's slowly being empowered by all the worship so doesn't wake and get rid of them.
>Begins to talk to everyone in their dreams.
> Lends tiny portions of it's power to empower the priests.
>It's grown quite close to it's worshippers and helps guide them to make them ever more prosperous.

Ahhh!

we cant handle spooks of this magnitude

didn't brian lumley make one who was cthulhu's good brother who lived on a crystal planet?

Isn't the whole point of Eldritch Horror's that they're so vastly powerful that humanity isn't even worth their attention since it's so insignificant?

>For you.

Is he a big guy?

Isn't that one of the Futurama movies? The Beast With A Billion Backs?

That's kind of my setting?

All of the Gods are basically eldritch horrors. They created the world, are consistantly involved in its affairs, and all (to one degree or another) legitimately love all of their creations, including humans, but they're also, you know, eldritch horrors, which means that their ways of expressing said love aren't anything a sane human being would want.

People "worship" them essentially as a way of warding them off - if they're doing well enough to perform their yearly ceremonies and sacrifices, the Gods assume that they're doing fine and don't try to "help" at all. Their priesthoods tend to be less devout worshipers and more clever theurgists, figuring out how to get the good parts of their God's blessings without ending up with extra mouths or tentacles (or at least, keeping those in places they're easily hidden).

Perhaps...

I actually did something like this in a game. They were investigating a village with a bad case of Deep Ones, and were about to go full murderhobo on the villagers to root out the problem, when the Deep Ones showed up.

Turned out they were HUGE family people, and only stayed out of sight because they didn't want to make trouble for their still-human relatives.

Hey I remember you from a thread a while ago. Flying cows with mouth-bellies?