Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Tell me about your party.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ecjZADKN
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5731092/opened-slot
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94678/from-gallows-to-gridlock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will the Shaman ever get a good archetype?

Humans are the best race, fur races and lizards go jump off a cliff and die.

Half-humans are okay too.

IC a bunch of good people who just want to make their way in the world.
OOC a bunch of edgelords who want to be Commie Nazis.

Totem Shaman :^)

Nope, and base shaman a shit.

No, becasue PAizo still doesn't know what it wants the shaman to be.
A Wis Caster? A Wis/Cha MAD Caster? A Hex Gimmicker? The shaman has no properly defined mechanical identity, so it suffers as a result

Nothing wrong with base shaman though, aside from being MAD between WIS and CHA. If you can deal with that, you're all good.

Now the spellist is wonky as fuck, and there's way too few spirits, but that's solvable. Humans/halfbloods get Cleric spells to add to the list, and Grippli get Druid spells, as FCB.

Is there any easy way to get spiked chain proficiency? Interested in using one for a URogue.

Did I hear someone say Shaman spirits?
pastebin.com/ecjZADKN

I think the Half-orc can get it as an alternate racial. Also there may be a few archetypes dedicated to Zon Kuthon that give spiked chain proficiency for different classes

Has anyone tried to make a Shaman/Monk build around Hex Strike before? I like the concept, but don't know how to go about it. I've thought about snagging Guided Hand for it to help prioritize WIS, but then I'm stuck with taking the Life Spirit for Channel Energy. I could go Sensei for the Monk side of things, but then I'm losing Flurry.

Moon Elf from Silverymoon. Kensai (Magus) | Admixture Evoker with a rapier. LE, worships Azuth, and is a member of the cult of Velsharoon (not deified yet). Owns a shop and a library.
Gold Dwarf from the Smoking Mountains. Ordained Defender | Forgemaster (Cleric) of Dumathoin. NG, uses an axe and shield, and focuses on Primal Fury. Building a temple in Soorenar.

They've recently made it to level 5, and are about to celebrate Highharvestide in Chessenta. The next session I run will be a slice of life game. The elf player also volunteered to run a game for me and the dwarf. My PC is:

Human from Chessenta. Vigilante (Stalker) | Spell Sage with a longsword. LN, worships the Red Knight, and focuses on item creation. Since it's for a one shot, he owns no property.

fuck off already, shill somewhere else instead of here

Just gonna ask this again, since it's a brave new thread- why the hell are there no high adventure games? Grimdark bullshit is done to death as are 'comfy' games. Can't we return to the classics anytime soon?

Honestly, what I want is a game about a traveling team of problem solvers making their way across the various countries in search of things to fight, gold to gain, and loot to win.

Add in some CSI: Narnia shit (as one reviewer put it) like from Witcher 3 and that'd be my dream game.

You realize DHB is a massive weeb who gave anime recommendation in /pfg/ in the past, right?

Play with different DMs I guess. I don't think anybody is going to conform to how you want a game run. Then again I don't play with /pfg/, so I might be wrong.

My game is about to be one. The PCs just left Rusty Dagger Shanktown, so they'll be participating in the Twelfth Seros War pretty soon.

>Sorceress from Dragon Crown
>The Angst Knight
>Young MacDonald
>Reverse Madoka
>Nerull with tits
>Nebelwerfer

When it comes to preferred spell and spell perfection and metamagic rods can you decide the order of things?

So first applying that quicken to that level 5 spell, then a your dazing rod and finally some heighten spell to blow it up to a lvl 9 spell?

North High looks pretty CSI:Narnia to me though, considering the whole conspiracy angle.

I want to do a Glaive wielding Unchained Rogue with Bladed Brush, but honestly I don't know what feats to take past 3. Any recommendations?

People who like the classics moved play 5e.

Do we have an imgur album of that GUN book?

Don't play Unchained Rogue. Play Fighter or Paladin.

A Slayer would also probably work.

>Spring Rage
What can you do with this?

The list for anyone who cares:

>Films
Bakemono no Ko
Cencoroll
Eve no Jinkan
Garden of Words
Ghost in the Shell
Genius Party + Beyond
Interstella 5555
Mind Game
Kara no Kyoukai
Kaze Tachinu
Memories
Letter to Momo
Paprika
Perfect Blue
Redline
Steam Boy
Saint Oniisan
Summer wars
Tokyo Godfathers
Mardock Scramble
Millennium Actress

>Series
Another
Ao no 6-gou
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Barakamon
Black lagoon
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Boku no Pico
Clannad
Clannad After Story
Dagashi Kashi
Daily Lives of Highschool Boys
Dennou Coil
Denpa Onna
Denpa-teki no Kanojo
Erog Proxy
FLCL
Gankutsuou
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Genshiken (first season only)
Gin no Saji
Kaiji
Haibane Ranmei
Hoozuki no Reitetsu
Hyouge Mono
Joshiraku
Katanagatari
Kekkai Sensen
Kino no Tabi
Kokoro Connect
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon
Manwaru penguindrum
Mob Psycho 100
Mouryou no Hako
Mousou Dairinin
Moyashimon
Mushishi
Nagi no Asukara
NHK ni Youkoso
Non non Biyori
One Outs
Osomatsu-san
Pale Cocoon
Planetes
Psycho-Pass (skip season 2, watch the film)
Robotic;Notes
Sakamichi no Apollon
Sakamoto desu ga?
Samurai Flamenco
Saraiya Goyou
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Shinsekai Yori
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Space Dandy
Steins;Gate
Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
Texhnolyze
Top wo Nerae! GUNBUSTER
Tsuritama
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Yuu Yuu Hakusho

Okay, thanks, but no. I feel like playing an Unchained Rogue since I can get Dex to damage with it at 3 thanks to Bladed Brush. I suppose I could go Slayer after that, but I'm more concerned about what feats to take.

Which one? I got five I can describe.

Talkative ex-merc punchgirl who joined to help a friend. Street rat turned hero with ungodly speed. Dropout smartass skald with a secret soft spot. Meathead noble warrior who just wanted to be a heroine. Pothead wizard with 2 degrees who wants to live the easy life once this is all over.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5731092/opened-slot
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94678/from-gallows-to-gridlock

I'd suggest Spear Dancing Style, but that seems redundant with Bladed Brush. Perhaps invest in Combat Reflexes and Cobat PAtrol to take advantage of reach? I'm honestly not quite sure.

become Cohen the Barbarian

>no Berserk
laaaame!

Last thread someone suggested playing a geriatric Barbarian whose back in his prime upon raging.

Take it as a Primalist Bloodrager to pump your charisma.

As a Spring Bloodraging Aasimar you’re looking at the following stats during bloodrage: 22/14/18/12/16/18

>I'd suggest Spear Dancing Style, but that seems redundant with Bladed Brush. Perhaps invest in Combat Reflexes and Cobat PAtrol to take advantage of reach? I'm honestly not quite sure.
That's basically been the position I'm in. I could snag Spear Dancing Style using Ninja Trick, and then I'd have a good alternative for when Reach isn't possible. I'd also thought about Combat Patrol, but I dunno, it's not really grabbing me I guess?

I posted this last thread, yet I'll post it here too. Ensoulment is like that, but there's philosophical issues to tackle as well.

Who are your favorite apps to any of these? Any fun parties we could make?

No need to suggest a manga/anime that EVERYONE has already seen.

What are you looking for? A game of saving the princess? Exploring new territory? Defeating the evil wizard?

has the right idea. Which apps stick out and which ones would make an interesting party?

>SDS
What 3pp stuff is available? If you can go for SDS->Quads, then that's a really good choice.

Saving the princess and destroying the wizard. Or just anything other than these 'comfy' games and the grimdark games.

Is nobody going to talk about how the Beast Talisman lets a Druid break the +5 cap and give their wild shape +8 natural weapons?

I should've mentioned, you're right. No 3pp sadly. Granted that's just how all the DMs I've played with roll.

What the hell does "grimdark" even mean to you?

That's too bad. Quads is a legitimately brutal option, and it takes almost nothing to get access to it if you're using Elephant and Legendary/SoM/PoW feats and such.

'The world is shit, you're shit, you can't do anything about it, even if you try to make a change everyone else is shit and so they'll fuck up any meaningful changes you somehow manage to make.'
So, basically, Game of Thrones.

So Journey to the West?

>Wednesday group
Techy trap-setter tiefling girl
Punchy JUSTICE lizard
Slavic skaven Sucy
Local human gish guy
Not local human gish guy

>Saturday group
Ghost sovereign trap
Changeling that wants to be a bear-man, roar
Boastful wyvaran warrior
Genderfluid android Incanter focused on Alterations for the party

Hmm. I like the idea of high adventure. I'm running one game now, and I'd run another for /pfg/ if I weren't so convinced nobody would want to play, or it'd turn into a shitshow. Are you in the Discord? If somebody drops from my current game, I could add you.

Then how about some of the EquipmentTrick/Weapon Trick options? Those are always fun.

What is quads? Is it gains?

Let me tell you about quads.

>Take a 2-handed polearm or spear
>Put it in one hand
>Take another one
>Put it in your other hand
>Now make both your 2-handed weapons into double weapons
>Somewhere, Darth Maul is jealous of your gains

What's the cheapest way to get a permanent +1 to Str?

So what you're saying is, you think GMs are terrible people and at the first sign of any conflict that isn't Good vs Evil you flip the table and walk?

Gee, Startoad, I thought you left.

So I just go full Lancer?

I'm running one of those, they're carrying a magic seed to a mountain.

And then you get pounce and some weird way to count as a Centaur, and take a one-level dip in that Cavalier archetype.

And then, you're thinking with quads.

>Gathlains grow from the seeds of an enormous magical tree—seeds that often drift for hundreds of miles before developing into adolescent gathlains, with the tree’s mistletoe grown into their flesh to form their strange wings. Despite being born with a basic understanding of their world, gathlains are inquisitive to a fault. They are known to be invaluable guides and knowledgeable explorers, if one can put up with their numerous questions and strange japes.

Are these just Sylvari?

But I'll never be able to top those

There's a difference between 'There are a few neutral parties acting in their own interests, maybe you should check them out, but they might fuck you over if you're not careful' and 'All these guys do are bad things... but they ALSOO do GOOD things! See how MORALLY GREY they are?! Look at how deep and complex my characters and factions are!'

Nothing, because no games.

And I assume you've asked the GM about which one he intends to play?

Everyone was too busy bitching about ecelebs instead. Seriously that shit is completely busted, and even if it was errata'd into "only +5 max as numerical" it'd still be enough to get VORPAL NATURAL ATTACKS and have enchantment to spare. Definitely OP for druids, and on a slot without many contenders
The cloak is also good for action economy fuckery since it's basically a free limb with which hold shit, the swift action to get something out of a BoH is just the icing on the cake. The CMD bonus is trash tho since it takes a standard and persists one fucking round

startoad get ye gone

Get to level 4 8 12 16 or 20

Those are pretty good-looking quads, I'll have to admit

Have your character say "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu"
Then brace for impact to the ground after your GM defenestrates you

Haven't there been plenty of games like this that have recruited out of PFG? Basically an AP is ultimately about big heroes. Wizard Tower sounds like "Get to the top kill the evil wizard".

>What is quads?
>Let me tell you about quads.
>It's quads

Beautiful.

Pretty much every /pfg/ AP that hasn't been blatant fetish bait has been about big damn heroes.

Are you a brainlet or something? I don't really see what's wrong this. A faction has good points and bad points, and as long as those bad points aren't cartoonishly out of wack I don't see an issue.

So if a Herald Caller Cleric's channeling works like so:
> Whenever the herald caller uses channel energy to heal, she can include all of her summoned monsters, even if they are out of her normal channel energy radius or of a creature type that would not normally be affected.

and an Elder Mythos Cultist Cleric's channel does this:
> This is similar to channeling negative energy, but instead of healing undead, this blast of energy harms and devours living beings, corporeal non-skeletal undead, and constructs crafted from flesh (such as flesh golems). This is not negative energy damage; instead, the damage manifests in the form of wounds from supernatural deterioration and rot.

Would a Cleric that takes both archetypes be able to heal their summons with Channel The Void, or no?

And while RAW, you couldn't take both since they both restrict you to one domain, lets say the DM is okay with that overlap.

My god

I have 2 games right now

>Running Wrath of the Righteous
>Moderately experienced group
> Cavalier Suli who wants to prove his worth just like his human ancestors did during the crusades of the past.
>Tiefling Ranger/Brawler who lived in Worldwound and hates demons
> Human Paladin who doesn't know which God saved him from a demon attack as a teenager.
> Human Inquisitor who hates heretics the most
> Ganzi Sorcerer who hates evil outsiders due to his worship of the Black Butterfly. Wants to kill Great Old Ones but knew he would be useful in the crusade.
> Human alchemist who wants to do drugs, wrong time wrong place and is now stuck with the crusaders.

In my other game
>Homebrew open world game
>New players
>Two gnome fighter twins
>Half elf ranger
>Dwarf cleric of Torag

Since channel the void explicitely says it does not heal, and Herald Caller's channel specifically mentions activating only on healing channels, no.

the place three doors down closed up shop for pdf's. where the fuck I go to get U. Wilderness now?

you don't, it sucks, don't give Paizoni your money

So, here's a thought. Steal Appearance functions using a Dirty Trick, which means it's not limited by Steal's inability to affect objects worn by a target, provided you have an appropriate thing to swap to. At level 8, you can swap the locations of two objects, again ignoring the restrictions of Steal.

Can you Kazuma with this?

There was some good stuff.

I mean you can always go gonzo Phantom Thief

Yeah, that's what I suspected. Was thinking there might be wiggle room between "not normally affected" and Channel the Void being the "channel to heal" equivalent. But I suppose since it replaces how channel negative to heal outright and doesn't actually heal anything then it wouldn't work.

>A reprint with a minor buff
pass

Spunky skald girl with a track record for unwarranted redemptions

Insane bard with heavy alien obsessions, party's butt of all jokes

Anemic wizard who despite having about 30hp at level 10 still hasn't died once

Chainsaw wielding warpriest who accidentally bought the same chainsaw that was used to (temporarily) kill the aforementioned skald.

Android fighter who sulks because half of the buffs the party provides don't work on him.

>Party are told a few sessions ago that their help is needed in assaulting a fortress of 100 people
>One PC does what he can to prepare, but he doesn't have that much in the way of funds
>Other party members do have money
>They don't bother to prepare at all
>NPCs they're helping suggest stocking up
>They don't stock up on potions or wands or anything
>They begin their operation
>One guys is already at death's door just from a fight with some wildlife
>The one guy who prepared is out of healing potions already
>They go inside and set off a trap that gets them stuck inside, with only the way forward left
>One guy could lift the portcullis to let everyone else crawl under but he'd be left behind
>They decide to not do that
>They go deeper in
They're more than likely going to all die here.

Should I leave any items around they could use to possibly survive, or have they brought this on themselves?

Anyone have the Ultimate Wilderness pdf up for download yet? Or barring that, the Monk and Kineticist pages from it?

Want to get started into tabletop games, suggestions of how to get into them, please?

They brought it on themselves. But you should, as this is becoming apparent, give them a possible way to GTFO. If they at this point don't realize they're in too deep, truck-chan can have his toll.

Don't ask /pfg/ you sweet, innocent soul.

True, but without going into 3pp materials I think this would allow one to actually steal the clothes off of someone's back.

Well, then who?

I just wanna go on adventures and possibly muderhobo my way to my own death.

Maybe have them run into a supply storage room if you're feeling merciful.

Find friends interested or experienced and play with them. I can't speak on behalf of any of the games /pfg/ does but you're probably best not starting there anyhow.

For one: run away now. /Pfg/ is a cesspool of people who don't like fun or new people and who will viciously ruin any fun you would ever have with the system.

This sounds a lot like Blingmaker PC's, I'm calling it right now that's who they are.

Drop the name. Make a new thread asking how to get into it. DO NOT GO TO /PFG/

Have some items/consumables be carried by those defending the fort, and if they don't dispatch them quickly they'll use them against the party
Their fucking fault for relying on plot armor, even if i feel bad for the guy who tried
>tabletop games
Step 1: have friends
Step 2: buy monopoly
Step 3: play monopoly together with your friends
Step 4: get convicted for murder

Jokes aside, if you mean roleplaying games, start with something less rule-heavy than D&D/PF, then enact steps one to three with the game of your choice

Especially PoW shills.

Kineticist. It starts with the Wood element though.