40k after humanity

Sorry for lack of more related pic

But let's say it happenes, a true worst case senario for human kind, chaos predictions reach a climax and the gods consume humanity just as slaanesh consumed nearly all eldar. Only we don't have a Web way to hide in. Human kind is extinct, or functionally such. Other races left mostly unscathed, at least by comparison, how does the galaxy carry on in the absence of the imperium or human chaos worshippers

It wouldn't. If the Tyranids don't consume the galaxy, Chaos will. Game over.

The galaxy is bigger then the imperium man.

But the Imperium is the last block keeping the two galaxy ending powers from curbstomping everything else. Remove that, and it's all over.

Honestly I think the imperium is worse then both, chaos and nids are at least acting in their nature, humankind are just killing because some asshole said other people existing is bad

Doesn't stop the fact that in the sudden void of the Imperium and Eldar, the galaxy is doomed.

It is my understanding that Chaos isn't strong enough to destroy humanity, even in the absence of the Imperium.

There are examples in GW sources of confrontations between Chaos humans and Daemons, and the latter often end up looking like jobbers.
Abaddon and other Archaon-like figures, "more than humans because they are empowered by demonic energy" (but still ultimately human) would survive celebrating Khorne and his brothers or even opposing them occasionally.

If you still consider the Sons of Malal human for example, the fall of the Imperium wouldn't mean their fall or their death.

Same goes for humans under the Tau and rogue traders.

But the narrative could be so much better without humanity getting in the way and stealing the spotlight, don't give me that "NPC" crap either

No the narrative would be over. Nods eat everything, Chaos corrupts the rest.

Oh thano god actual discussion, needed more then these 2 anons here. I suppose post imperium stands to have much the same effect. But yeah, you raise a good point, the galaxy is so big and humans so spread out that even climaxing chaos would miss big chunks, and prominent human followers would likely still have place

That's the boring answere because you want to pretend humans are the center of the fucking universe

No, it's because you want to remove the two biggest players from the game without considering the consequences. I'm telling you what will happen when you have no major force to stand against a thteat that is rape incarnate or has 12 galaxies of biomass behind it

If the nids and chaos were really that powerfule one of them should have already won the setting

Given how Cadia has fallen they just might

OP is just salty his premise has no legs to stand on and his special snowflake "after humans" idea is outed for the crap it is.

This is what happens when you invest in NPC factions

Nids havnt even arrived yet mate, what we've seen is the tip of the scout forces.

As for chaos, I think it's just biased writing towards Imperium for narrative reasons and the fact that the true power of chaos isn't in the material realm

Also I'm actually an Ork player which reminds me of the 3rd possible outcome: Ghazgkull unites the Orks in a galaxy wide WAAAGH! that goes on an orgy of war, genocide, and enslavement until the only thing in the galaxy are Greenskins, fighting a perpetual war with themselves.

Think the additional hive fleets is a sign that the main force is close.

The Imperium, upon destroying what's outside of itself, could collapse and reform into something better. Opportunities.

There are no opportunities with Chaos or Tyranids. Everything is either dead, about to be dead, or mutilated into something that doesn't resemble itself anymore.

I mean, this novel is from Age of Skubmar, but:

"In his head, Rakh kept chanting the same thing, over and over, Blood for the Blood God, Blood for the Blood God, hoping he would be overlooked and the terror would pass. Even death would be preferable to enduring that lord’s attention – his heart already felt like it was fit to burst, and the sweat running down his neck chilled him.

With a grinding inevitability, though, the warlord’s deathly gaze came to rest on him.

‘Do you know my name?’ the warlord asked, and just listening to those words felt like his bones were being pulled from his body.

Rakh managed to shake his head.

‘I am named Korghos Khul,’ the warlord told him, working his black tongue sinuously over the syllables. ‘Seven warlords of seven keeps offer me tribute in living flesh lest I return to tear their lungs from their unworthy chests. Even now my army marches, and this is but a tithe of those who follow me.’

Rakh wanted to scream. He would have done anything – anything – to escape those glowing eyes."

Rakh is a Bloodletter. The human warlord is about to gouge his eye and enslave him, after slaughtering his fellow demons.
All of this happens INSIDE a realm entirely under Chaos's control. So even in a situation where "Chaos corrupts everything" the good old pink skins are still kicking ass.
The whole premise of Age of Sigmar is that the Chaos Gods themselves CANNOT KILL ARCHAON their champion, and although he is too cool to be considered human anymore, he still has five fingers in each hand and was born from a human vagina.

I'm just so sick of human wank

>If you still consider the Sons of Malal human for example, the fall of the Imperium wouldn't mean their fall or their death.
Without others to fight, the Sons of Malal would destroy themselves, due to Malal's insurrectionistic influence.

The last Perpetual kills the Chaos Gods and absorbs there great souls to become the new Emperor.

>could collapse and reform into something better. Opportunities
No humanity needs warp travel to survive. Without the Imperium, no new players to feed the Emperor. No Emperor, no astronomican, no warp travel, humanity eats itself alive.

"Running out of others to fight" means they get to destroy all Chaos Gods first?

You know what... I'd fucking Play that

Nah blood.
Humanity collapses, everyone becomes a feudal/feral worlder again, dies, or sticks with whatever technology they've got. Even if it takes a few thousand years and there's never gonna be FTL travel again, mankind is too far spread across the stars to die.

I wish I could find that drawing that one user did of Guts as a Champion of Malal.

Nope, the new codex outright states this is still the vanguard. They have to deal with these new hive fleets on top of leviathan being even more powerful than before

That happened last time by sheer luck. The Necrons weren't waking up, the Tyranids didn't arrive, Chaos didn't have legions of superhuman followers dedicated to spreading its taint into realspace and the Orks were far from uniting under a single warboss.

The galaxy is a much more crowded place since then. Another collapse will not end so lucky for humanity

Last time humanity didn't have an interstellar empire united by warp routes, countless worlds succumbed to alien invasions and psykers caused daemonic incursions all over the galaxy. It is one of the major points of 40k lore - without the Imperium, and the Emperor on Terra, humanity is doomed. And the entire galaxy becomes Hell.

If the imperium dies, chaos almost immediately turns into a small summer rain rather than a hurricane.

If you remove all humans in an instant - yes. If this happens, everyone and everything is fucked beyond comprehention.

Orks or tyranids will dominate/eat everythint

They can't help it.
Nobody would really want a tyranids or ork wanking. There's no decent lore behind them

But wiping out humanity isn't goal of Chaos at all user. Chaos NEEDS and EMBRACES humanity, because it is source of it, major at least. Necrons want to wipe us out. Nids want to wipe us out. Orks want to fite us. But for Chaos to exist we are necessary. They don't want us to extinct. They want us to succumb to our nature, from which Chaos origins.

orks

Nope. Chaos's goal is to annihilate all life and material concepts from existence.

Chaos is eternal and self sustaining. It needs nothing.

Which wank do you want?

>inb4 no wank
Then let go of 40k already

Found the liberal. You people are diseased.

Do you libtards even know the lore of 40k?

It is not self substaining by any means, unless new "lore" (bullshit) changed that without my knowledge.

Chaos is a thing because of emotions created by living organisms. The bigger, more emotionally/psychically advanced soul, the better source of "mana" for Chaos. Not only chaos doesn't exist without that food, but Warp itself gets weaker/ceases to exist in areas without lifeforms in any proximity (which BTW is the reason for which travelling via warp outside of the galaxy is not really a thing: There aren't enough lifeforms in the void to let Warp exist there in shape enabling warptravel). No lifeforms means Chaos starving to death. Which is supported by last 30 years' lore.

Chaos has grown to the size it is in today, thanks to Humanity and Eldars, because those were two biggest, vastests empires of most "emotional" races. Chaos just wants all life succumbing to emotions that make them prosper.

After all: God needs believers. Why would any God want deliberately not to have followers? This is contradictory to the general idea of God.

This is a very common missconception. It only goes both ways - if all the humanity suddenly dissapears now, the Gods are left without their followers and they do, indeed, wither. But if the Chaos Gods win, in a military kinda way, that is invade most worlds with demonic legions and destroying Terra and the Emperor, then what is written here happens and they win forever, turning the material universe into their Realm of Chaos. The gate is wide open and cannot be closed.

wouldn't chaos be reduced due to eating all humans?

>only goes both ways

only goes one way*, shit sorry

They doesn't really want to eat all of humans, they just want to enslave them.

Even today, there are normal people living and reproducing in the Eye of Terror

>It is not self substaining by any means

It is.
Time means nothing in the Warp so whatever happens in reality doesn't really affect the Chaos Gods.

>which BTW is the reason for which travelling via warp outside of the galaxy is not really a thing: There aren't enough lifeforms in the void to let Warp exist there in shape enabling warptravel). No lifeforms means Chaos starving to death. Which is supported by last 30 years' lore.

False. A craftworld that left the galaxy before the Fall was attacked by daemons numerous times. Even i the void between galaxies, the Fall and Great Rift birth hit them like a truck.

So stop being ignorant. The Chaos Gods do not want to preserve anything. Their goal is simple and all-consuming, they want to erase the material universe and everything in it.

As said: in Eye of terror being entrance to Realm of Chaos, there certainly are quite many human populations. they live their lives there, no matter how devolved, tribal and geranged.Some are followers of one Deity, other believe in Chaos Undivided. Death rate is quite potent, but they still exist and multiply in there. There's no reason why Chaos would want to eliminate humanity. The do want to rip Imperium apart, and finish off the Emp, but why would chaos want to decimate Humanity? They want to conquer us, that way or another.

Nope, the Chaos Gods want to break the walls of reality completely and dissolve reality into the Warp. This will end all life, space, and time.

The Eye of Terror is a place where reality and the Warp coexist in a shifting balance. The ultimate goal of Chaos is to remove reality totally from the equation submerging everything into the pure Warp.

>Eye of terror being entrance to Realm of Chaos

It's a Warpstorm, you dumbass. It's not an entrance to the Realm of Chaos.

>There's no reason why Chaos would want to eliminate humanity. The do want to rip Imperium apart, and finish off the Emp, but why would chaos want to decimate Humanity? They want to conquer us, that way or another.

Quit with the headcanon. The lore bits were already posted.

This is a bit of a galactocentric view on the outcome, isn't it? Surely not *all* of reality ceases just because of the fall of one galaxy?

Seriously now, I wonder where exactly warpspace's boundaries will end if that did happen. Does Chaos even exist in other galaxies?

the way I see it chaos is like an aggressive virus, doomed to destroy itself once it extinguishes its food/reproduction source

>Does Chaos even exist in other galaxies?

Yes, It does. It's the reason why Eldrad and the Ulthwe council dismissed leaving this doomed galaxy as an option. Chaos would simply follow them to other galaxies or be there waiting for them.

This actually happened to a craftworld that left the galaxy.

It's not a boring answer, it's THE answer. If Terra falls, the galaxy I'd ducked, literally, because a fucking warp hole the size of the entire galaxy will open up, swallowing the whole milky way galaxy into the warp. Terra falls, humanity falls, the galaxy falls. There is no after, except the remnants of the Necrons, Orks and Tyranids now fighting an unstoppable wave of Chaos forces that will never stop attacking, as well as having to face the god themselves in person.

Well as far as I know, the only things beyond the milky way are Orks and Tyranids, nothing to really stand in the way if Chaos for long, especially with the consumption of an entire galaxy backing their strength.

>This actually happened to a craftworld that left the galaxy.

more on that?

>I don't know fuck all about the lore: the post: the movie: the book: the game

The chaos gods want nothing. They're blind and idiot gods, they merely follow their nature.

They're nothing more than personified emotions

For fucks sake, what kind of shitpiss story is GW trying to push?

That'd actually be a pretty cool setting. Be nice cycle for the Necrons who killed and enslaved their own Gods struggling to do it again with the Chaos Gods

Get the Ynnari novel "Ghost Warrior".

Calling that a setting is like saying a bunch of ants swarming and devouring a grasshopper is a cool setting.

Necrons vs. Ork-Tyranid hybrids

Does anybody have a link for the shit meme?

Think you're just lacking imagination. Races struggling to fight against their universe suddenly gone mad and possibly overcoming it seems like a good plot

>possibly overcoming it
lol
I think you just dont know much about 40k

>Overcoming
If Chaos wins there is no overcoming it. It's like trying to fight a tidal wave, it's literally impossible. It would be fighting a force that is capable of drawing in nigh limitless amount of forces that cannot be put down permanently, and that's just considering the basic Daemons and not Princes or the chaos monstrosities, or the gods themselves. It wouldn't be a compelling story, it would just be pointless resistance till they eventually just get swallowed up.

Dude I ain't gonna read a whole novel for a single story.

Not that guy but I thought that was a pretty concise summary of the gist of the modern imperium?

"Purge the Xenos"
"Suffer not the psyker to live" blah, blah...

Yes, things were lovely and wonderful during the Emperors crusade (in the good old days) but the current state of the empire is undeniably a convoluted bureaucratic, xenophobic, shoots-first, tyrannical theological regime. Mankind is a colossal paranoia-machine where trillions of humans live and die in lawless squalor on grimey overpopulated hiveworlds without ever even seeing a space marine.
I mean, its really not like they're the good guys.

Yes but all that purge the xenos junk isn't for no reason. Mankind is alone and besieged at all sides.

With humanity gone, what will Chaos feed on? Tau are too disciplined and Necrons are disconnected from Warp. Orks are raiders, they aren't going to build up the population density required. Chaos is a parasite, and parasites which kill their hosts are doomed.

For that matter, what will the Tyranids feed on? The former area of the Imperium is now another Eye of Terror. Would Milky Way be worth visiting if the biggest concentration of biomass has become a wasteland?

Of course, that assumes normal logic rather than GRIMDARKKKK!!!, so I guess there would be an endless supply of forgotten outposts to suffer horrible and gory fates so the remaining Space Marines have something to angst over.

>Found the liberal. You people are diseased.
No, but I've been wondering for a while now how many 40k fans are literally crazy - unable to tell fiction from reality, and unable to comprehend 40k would not be a desirable future even if it was a possible one. Because comments like yours don't make much sense otherwise, and I remember that "God-Emperor Trump" meme from before the election, which judging by the context was apparently trying to _support_ the guy.

So am I just imagining, or has anyone else noticed a correlation between /pol/ and 40k fandoms?

It's not because Tau are disciplined, it's because their souls are shitty. Also, Orks are literally population density by definition, they populate an area faster than anything besides Tyranids

>Yes but all that purge the xenos junk isn't for no reason. Mankind is alone and besieged at all sides.

>try to purge all intelligent life forms in a galaxy
>they fight back
who could predict this outcome?

>Implying chaos is in a hurry.

They have till after the heat death of the galaxy to do so. And between their internal conflicts and the conflicts in the material realm chaos is right nor unwittingly, or knowingly fattening itself up for that end.

Also in B4 nid a nod fleet gets successfully chaos corrupted.
Also in B4 a orkz actually get their shit together and move against the nids to a perfect stalemate.

>Xenos
>Intelligent

Thee one "race" that "din-do nuffin" was the Tau empire so far. Eldar docked humanity over first. Big E after that fact threw his hands up stated "fuck em all up let Slaanesh sort it out. They did create it, proto Korne, Tzeench, and Nurgle after all."

>It's not because Tau are disciplined, it's because their souls are shitty.
Tasting bad is a time-tested survival strategy here on Earth.

>Also, Orks are literally population density by definition, they populate an area faster than anything besides Tyranids
They can grow their population very fast, but how high can it go before death rate catches up? Do they maintain hiveworlds of their own?

Orla would fight back doesn't matter what. The eldar have often attacked imperial for apparent no reason(often chaos, but the eldar doesn't care about explaining it to humans). The Tau are the ones that decided to expand into Imperium territory.

Genociding xenos is a very smart idea if you live in a galaxy with intelligent life. Why allow competition to exist? Especially when we've seen that other xenos are a threat to mankind

>So am I just imagining, or has anyone else noticed a correlation between /pol/ and 40k fandoms?
Because the Imperium is a supremacist empire. If you change "humans" with "aryans", you have a NatSoc Germany on steroids

No, they don't taste bad, they are just shitty souls. It's like comparing a thick, juicy, hamburger with a small snack bag of crackers, which one would you wanna eat.

Also, the death rate of Orks is LITERALLY near going to catch up to the population, since for every one Ork death, a hundred new Orks will be born. They don't maintain hive cities, but there are massive sectors of the galaxy populated solely by Orks, as well as Orks all over the galaxy in various pockets, plus most, if not all space hulks you might find are full of Orks, and space fleets, possible space colonies, moons, and according to old lore, beyond the galaxy, ,Imperium probes pick up nothing but Ork sounds.

Orks are already more numerous than humans. Killing each other doesn't really change, as only fire can truly stop their reproduction.

Chaos just don't give a fuck about them because they already have Gork and Mork and they have a society with near zero stress

Diplomacy is not about shifting the blame of past shit.
It is more about realizing that, there is world ending threat, it is in all parties best interest to contain it, we cal purge ourselves as much as we want after we kill choas, so only non retard move is to ally with necrons, eldar, tau and antyhing else that can be allied.

Imperium is just grimretarded. While eldar retardness may be justified by their long life where one long lived retard leader is hard to remove, there is no justification for Imperium as it should made peace long ago.

Even at cost of concessions as total failure in fight against chaos is less preferable outcome to selling few trillions men for extra reinforcements and one less front to defend.

You don't defeat Chaos with raw power.

>TheAk'HairethorBone Drinkers, were a fungoidXenosspecies that was a bane to theImperiumduring theGreat Crusade. These parasitic sentient lifeforms who operated as psychically interwoven gestaltBlooms, and sustained themselves by slowly and agonizingly feeding on any animal life.Humanbone marrow in particular was a favorite target

>Genociding xenos is a very smart idea if you live in a galaxy with intelligent life. Why allow competition to exist?
>Because the Imperium is a supremacist empire. If you change "humans" with "aryans", you have a NatSoc Germany on steroids
So how did trying to purge all the "lesser races" end for the Nazis? That's why.

>Orks are already more numerous than humans.
Last I checked, Orks outnumbered pretty much EVERYONE else in the galaxy in terms of sheer population density. Paraphrasing the old lore, "wherever humanity goes, Orks are either already there or not far behind."

>Chaos just don't give a fuck about them
Well, Khorne pays attention to the greenskins, but that's more of a 'Khorne is Gork and Mork's estranged "brother"' type of deal than anything else.

You see to think the Imperium can just send a diplomat and be all buddy buddy. It's true that the Imperium has broken alliances with the Eldar before, but the Eldar do it just as much, because to an Eldar, human lives are worthless, to the point that Eldar will sacrifice millions of humans for a single Eldar, and are always looking down on them, there are very few time when Eldar and Imperium united against a threat and they both didn't immediately turn on the other after said threat was handled. And that's not just Eldar. The Tau see themselves as superior to other societies, and they will make peace, so long as you lay down your allegiances and swear fealty to the Tau empire, becoming part of it and serving the Greater Good. And the Necrons don't give a flying fuck about alliances or the safety of the galaxy as a whole, the times they have worked together with the Imperium are even fewer than the Tau and Eldar, and the Necrons really have no interest, or as far as I can tell, fear of Chaos, and likely it shit goes bad the Necrons can just peace out and go somewhere else, they do not give a fuck. Hate, mistrust and pride are too deeply ingrained in the various factions for there to be any sort of major united front, and it's only now that the galaxy is literally up a creek without a paddle that the Eldar and Imperium are starting to work together, and even that is begrudgingly and in a very, very tiny way.

The Emperor who saw how the Xenos attacked humanity during the Age of Strife when waprstorms cut off warp travel. After living peacefully with Xenos for millennia, even having nonaggression pacts with xenos like Orks and Eldar, the various aliens turned on humanity when they were unable to reinforce each other. Dick move.

After that the Emperor was all 'Don't even give them a chance this time' and went on that alien killing Great Crusade. Any xenos that shows a hint of hostility gets purged. And frankly given the list of Xenos out there, it's easy to see why

>Orks that just fight for the sake of fighting
>Eldar that see humanity as an insect and won't think twice about killing a million of them to save one of their own
>Dark Eldar who can only get an erection by listening to the screams of a thousand tortured human children.
>Rak'gol who make the Dark Eldar look like pansies and loves to torture sentient life for fun
>Slaught, colonies of worms that seek only to devour unsuspecting victims and steal their shit for malicious purposes
>Kroot that will eat you simply for the genetic code
>Sslyth that are basically lizard Dark Eldar
>Tyranids, nuff said
>Necrons, who will enslave a population and subject them to a life that makes the squalor of an underhive look like a paradise world

Closest thing to amicable is the Tau and even they're iffy given how quickly they'll attack human border worlds when they know the Imperium is busy fighting off another threat. Not hard to see why humanity is so anti-xenos when it's surrounded by such friendly specimens of alien life. There is no good guy in 40k, only 'which side has shit I'm willing to put up with'

>Eldar dindu nuffin.

Every time they parlay with the IOM it's only long enough to give the IoM the slightest upper hand then retreat.

They aren't allies. They actively fuck humanity left right and center. I hope it happens again in the rising storm series.

>It's not because Tau are disciplined, it's because their souls are shitty.

It's both but more so the former. A Daemon Lord says so. The T'au suppressing their feelings is what makes them hard to see for Chaos.

>what will Chaos feed on?
The millions of human worshippers that continue to exist in the Warp.

>Honestly I think the imperium is worse then both
>Facist society is worse than literal demons and eternal suffering
>Facist society is worse the death of every lifeform in the galaxy down to the last bacteria

Im liberal and I think you are retarded

Bullshit. If discipline was all that was needed, then Space Marines should be fucking invisible to them.

>They have to deal with these new hive fleets on top of leviathan being even more powerful than before
Didn't like half of leviathan get sucked into the warp and spat out randomly all over the place/ killed

While the other half is still in octarius?

Space Marines are generally hard to corrupt. At least more so than humans. It's only after the break down of discipline that Chaos finds away inside.

What if I told you that the Imperium consists of different and diverse amounts of cultures, with different reactions to both foreign and internal threats? Do you really think that the entire Imperium is one giant group think?

The user is wrong. It's not more owerful as before but it's still the largest Hive Fleet and still it presents the greatest nid thread in the galaxy.

The largest concentration of it that smashed into Baal was swallowed up by the Warp. While most of that part of the fleetwas forever lost in the Warp, many splinter fleets survived and were spat out across thee galaxy.

This is funny because the Tyranids zeroed in on the Space Marines with overwhelming numbers that dwarfs any force they mustered so far. It's like it recognised that the Space Marines are more dangerous than the Orks.

To be fair, Space marines aren't controlled and indoctrinated by a whole caste of creepy old goats who pretty much decide their every action.

>giant bugs and literal demons eating entire planets
>chaos fags who probably think hitler is actually pretty chill (total war ideals)
>nah that's ok, i mean that guy over there thinks Hitler wasn't the worst thing in existence, and killed that demon worshiper summoning demons 'cause his sergeant gave him orders to do so

You are the cancer.