For several weeks I've been working non stop to finally put my long-time dream game into production...

For several weeks I've been working non stop to finally put my long-time dream game into production. Today I am so pumped to be able to say that the Print-n-Play version is ready!

If you'd be interested in trying it, you can download the entire print package here:

we [dot] tl/RQgYSiF1x3

If you just want to check out the rulebook:

we [dot] tl/1jrIgxhTxi

I'll post a TL;DR of the game below.

Other urls found in this thread:

We
we
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The game is called Gone Gnome! I like describing it as a rogue-like maze-building adventure game. Although it isn't an RPG exactly, it has a lot of RPG elements including equipment, magic spells, and useful items.

2-4 players take the roles of a group of Gnomes adventuring into the maze, attempting to navigate it to find their way home.

The main objective is to have the most points by the time someone reaches the Gnome Home

You gain points by harvesting Berry, finding treasure in chests, and of course reaching the Gnome Home first

There's 2 types of cards in the game.

Treasure cards are drawn from treasure chests, or found through other means. Treasure cards can be Equipment, Magic Scrolls, Potions, Tools, Keys, Treasure, and other exciting items.

Event cards are drawn anytime a gnome lands on a tile that isn't a berry or a treasure chest tile. Event cards trigger a huge variety of effects, both positive and negative and can effect all players

Players place a tile at the end of their turn. Players can also use magic spells and items to place new tiles.

The board is only a 4x4 grid so space is limited. Players will quickly need to start replacing tiles as the maze rapidly changes.

There's also 2 types of Tiles.

Regular Tiles contain most basic cards. Empty paths, berry bushes, and treasure chests

Enchanted Tiles are typically more powerful. They can only be drawn through special means like event cards and magic spells. The Gnome Home is only located on Enchanted Tiles along with bountiful berry bushes, double treasure chests, and useful gates.

Game play is fast and varied. With so much powerful equipment, how you play can change at any time.

Effectively synergizing equipment items and creatively navigating the maze is key to winning.

Some random features:

Boundless Map. When you are at an edge you can jump to the opposite edge of the board, if a path is available.

Roguelike Gameplay: How you play depends on your equipment. You mind find yourself with an ample supply of magical scrolls, or pump up your AP total to easily navigate the maze.

Puzzle logic and planning: It's important to be aware of the true shape of the maze. Because the paths wrap around the edges, you might find yourself with a long rewarding path ahead of you, or realize you're stuck in a dead area.

A Gnome Home!

Examples of the boundless map

Box art idea

I'm no expert but maybe you might stir up more interest if you ported it to something like tablet top simulator, the parts seem easy enough to move over. Maybe most people will find it easier to try to random strangers online.

it seems like a lot of solid black ink for straight printing

True, and I'm actually working in that.

I've had a few who have been more than happy to print it themselves desu, some people just enjoy it.

And really the only essentials are the rules and cards which would probably be around 25 total sheets

I suppose I could also alleviate that by filling things with a striped fill

Looks kinda neat. Be careful about TTS.
Sure people can "try" your game but they always won't buy it when they can play for free.

Just look at all the unemployed losers who play Kingdom Death on there.

I don't suppose it really matters in the long run, people will take a week tops to port it to TTS or OP can do it manually himself. The benefit of the latter is that he can score brownie points as "That cool dev who releases his game for free" while he loses sales whereas the former will just cause lost sales.

This was honestly my initial though. I am not super familiar with it but I've had many people ask if I was putting it up there soon. If I could really control who viewed it I wouldn't mind putting it up for a beta test

It might just be my autism speaking but maybe have a clearer crop mark for the more solid maze pieces. Never doubt people goofing their cuts.

It will be easier to cut from the backs of the cards :) the marks can be seen much better

Needs more waifus.

There's been some updates!

Latest Rulebook here:

We [dot] tl/TtYSZ2a7qU

Latest package here:

we [dot] tl/OS1hyMYIls

Follow your dreams, OP.

Thank you, user.

Art I made today

The more I read, the more I dig it.

If there was enough interest, would you consider creating a kickstarter and shipping full copies of the game as a reward?

I haven't even read anything, I just want to express how happy I am for you user. Keep getting shit done!

That's the goal. I have some good connections in industry to people who have ran successful campaigns, hopefully I can get it to come together!

Hey TYVM, user!

A gnome roguelike? This does sound like fun. I'm glad that you actually made something.

I'll give you a bump for a finished project.

I might give you another once I read through it.