warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>latest Peach/Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata#40k-errata
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Tyranid Codex (Expires 18/Nov)
>epub
sendit.cloud/ef5u0qlpuyvz
>pdf
sendit.cloud/v7x4wn6b7lfx

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/DmR1MGf
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's a new thread

Blood Angels Dex when?

Are Wraithblades any good? I kinda want to do a wraithstar with two squads and the Iyanden relic

What's the timestamp?

>Fulgrim leaked

Why must you lie user?

>He doesn't know
m.imgur.com/DmR1MGf

Dat wombo combo they pointed out in the faction focus was pretty dank.

3:41:30

wow thats one heck of an oversight, thanks for pointing that out

So what are these guys?

> Fire Raptors lost in the warp?
> Ghosts of d-e-d dead spess mehreens?
> Time Traveling spess mehreens from the even grimmer, darker future?

Also how are they on the table in 8th? I read their entry in the Index and it looks like they're just normal Tactical Squads only they cost twice as much, can deepstrike, and ignore cover. Are they worth taking? How the hell am I even supposed to fit them into a battle forged army of Space Marines without losing command points since they have no HQs? I guess I could use an Inquisitor or something and have them be a separate detachment.

Please /40kg/, help me decide whether I want to spend almost $200 and countless hours of my life buying, assembling, and painting a shitload of resin models

>like a damn fiddle
son of a bitch

Oh wow, I think that's legitimately the coolest looking model in the game now. Jesus Christ...

The hive tendril that invaded Baal instead imvades the current tau empire. Could they outadapt it again or would they lose?

Bonus round: if it eats the tau empire, it moves on to ultramar. In both cases, kabantza isn’t showing up to bail them out

warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/c

forgot the link

found some old metal guard models that i ruined as a kid. is 1 week too long to soak in paint thinner or does it even matter? there are no bases or plastic bits

Hive Fleet Power Rankings

High Tier
Kraken, Jormungandr

Mid Tier
Kronos, Behemoth

Low Tier
Gorgon, Hydra

Shit Tier
Leviathan

Either space marine ghosts or Emperor daemons or both. They are confirmed warp creatures after fall of Cadia, when they vanished after the pylons went off. Retcons a retarded novel that claimed they were just regular marines who got trapped in the warp

How many stormshields is too many stormshields?

I'm running Minotaurs and want to put one on every unit that can take one (Vanguard Vets, Assault Termis, Company Vets, etc). I'm sure that have 1/10th of the list's points consisting of stormshield purchases is probably too much, but still.

Huh, that's actually a lot less contentious than it was made out to be. The Tyranid guy is 100% correct RaW, and I don't think the RaI are all that clear here. Reece sounds absolutely pathetic "I'm telling you that's 100% not how it's played...it's on the Facebook page or something...believe me, GW lets me pretend to play-test for them...ITC is dead"

Metal is immortal. Soak it in 91% isopropyl alcohol or simple green or catpiss or whatever is the "in" liquid for stripping now, you can basically leave it in there indefinitely with no problems.

Make sure to have a lid on whatever container you're using to soak the models, and wear gloves/glasses if you're a retard and are using paint thinner.

Make sure and post pictures of them in /wip/ after you're done repainting them though, I really like the old metal models.

They are generally good to have on elite units, just watch out for mortal wound stuff like smite.

Generally, just enough to weather high ap fire is the most efficient option. (3 or 4 in a VVet or termie squad for example)

I forgot about some old metal incubi I picked up in a bath of super clean for about 2 months and I swear it was like looking into a fucking mirror when I took them out.

See my only issues was that he didn't wait till Reece finished his charges to do his heroic intervention. He just immediately did it after the first one.

They both sounded like complete faggots.

I read about a house rule that some dudes were doing where Smite is a 5+ the first time you cast it on a turn, then a 6+ the second time, 7+ the third, etc.

This is supposed to combat smite spam, and they said it works fairly well. What do you think the response would be if GW made that an actual rule?

>he failed that charge, your first roll was a five
>he can re-roll charges, he's the avatar
>okay, I know that
Man, what a cucky display of passive aggressive sniping.

Fluff or crunch? If we’re talking fluff:

BASED tier
Kronos, Tiamet, court of the Nephilim king

Great tier
Gorgon, leviathan

Okay tier
Kraken, ourbourous

Meh tier
Hydra, behemoth

Shit tier
All those scrub hive fleets that got wiped out in the blood crusade, Scitalus, Lotan

Ignoring the many small issues with Deldar, How do we make Shredders not suck? Blasters are cool and all, but some variety would be nice.

>Soak it in 91% isopropyl alcohol or simple green or catpiss
No need to bother with that week shit. You can use acetone (aka nail polish remover) because the metal won't melt like plastic would.

How pants on head retarded am I for not running any troops at all in 2000pts?

I would rather they just do the 3-per-turn limit that's practically guaranteed in CA. I'd rather just have a cumulative casting penalty replace Psychic Focus entirely.

What is this shit everybody talks about and where i can find batrep?

>No john, you are the daemons
Makes sense if they were warp entities like Celestine

Make them handheld Dizzy cannons. Range 24, Rapid Fire 1, s5 Ap-3 2D.
Alternitavely, make them like Warp Spider's Monofilament guns, because that's what they basically are.

Depends on the army, friendo.

Post your list so that we may judge you harshly, casually tossing insults your way, laughing all the while.

Question:

You are shooting at Saint Celestine, and both her Gemini are cleared.

You begin with 10 shots, and remove her last wound on the 5th shot. Your opponent rolls a 2+, and chooses to set up Saint Celestine on literally the other side of the map.

Do you resolve the 5 other shots you have?

That shit will melt glue and Greenstuff, btw. Also, idk that I want to strip and repaint my old models. I totally could, but it's nice seeing progress.

You actually get to shoot the remaining rounds into your opponent with whatever you're carrying for using Celestine.

Jesus being a sister fag must be suffering.

You already know who I am, and what my list is. I lurk this board and make minute changes to my lists as I go, due to still buying and assembling as I trudge onwards. I'm almost done, I think. I can still post the list if you want though.

Are they the same gun? Because you should have rolled all 10 at once.

If not then you can target something else with the other guns.

Been at it for over 10 years. I'm too stubborn to back off but too jaded to believe in hope.

Over under on Aggressors?

The tau got fucked up by a small hive fleet Gorgon and had to get bailed out by the Imperium, the cryptus tendril would annihalte them in short order and then plow through ultramar without pause

>Do you resolve the 5 other shots you have?
Yep. You only check range and LoS when selecting a target, and attacks are resolved one a time.

i am all for limiting the amounts of casts of smite a turn but i would rather keep psychic focus or we are going to get stupidly high number fearless conscript squads again.

God speed user. I demand pictures of all 45 of them together once your done.
>I'm too stubborn to back off but too jaded to believe in hope
I think that is the best way to describe the whole of the warhammer community. Well done.

> Not wanting to repaint your first models

My first Warhammer 40k purchase was pic related, and it's the reason why even though I have roughly 5,000 points worth of Iron Hands I will always have three random Ultramarines hanging out on my shelf looking lost as fuck.

>3 per turn
RIP Grey Knights even more in matched play.

About shorts level for undergarments on your head retarded. Even at 2000pts you need the basic guys to hold objectives and be just numerous enough that you won't be tabled by your opponent and automatically lose the game. So just remember that while your troops aren't going to be the hammer of your army, they are the anvil that keeps things in place.

How the hell do you run these guys without an HQ

zomg are you DUNCAN

>Because you should have rolled all 10 at once.
Incorrect. Attacks are resolved one a time. Rolling them together is just done to speed up the game, but it can be handy to do them one at a time in situations like this just to keep your opponent from trying to make a specious argument about timing.
>If not then you can target something else with the other guns.
Also incorrect. You select all your targets before you start rolling.

"Haha, I was only pretending to die" style abilities are tricky, since most of them don't protect from getting immediately pasted from the rest of the units fire. Had an Eldar opponent get super salty when a Forgefiend drilled his Phoenix Gem Far Seer with several hits at once.

They either need an AP or a higher rate of fire because as it is they're not doing their job of mulching infantry. Also a range increase. I'd do them like this.

18" range, D3 Shots S6 AP -2 D 1 reroll wounds 8 points each.

Masters of dishing out S4
Space Marines' best answer to hordes of poorly-armoured T3

I'd assume baby smite like what Greyknights, Tsons, and Warlocks have will be unaffected by the nerf. At least that makes sense but well fucking see.

People assume that there will be some exceptions for non-standard Smites (Grey Knights, Tzeentch, Warlocks, etc).

The only thing I can think of is run them in a separate detachment with an Inquisitor or something, this way they have an HQ and you don't have to worry about losing Chapter Tactics anyway.

Or whatever is the cheapest imperial HQ unit that would still be useful on the board.

Exactly how powerful is a pulse rifle? Fluff wise, relative to other common infantry guns

is 3 enough? do they NEED support or a transport?

S5

You can't? The only detachment that lets you take one of a thing also hits you with a negative of -1 CP which are pretty useful. Otherwise just make a patrol detachment with a cheap Captain or Librarian (maybe Chaplain to keep the skull and flame motif consistent) and just compromise that way.

it's a step down from a plasma gun so take it as that.

>GW
>Making sense

I like making up fixes in my head but I know how futile and pointless it ultimately is because GW will do their own thing. The GW FB team did note my issues and potential chanhes so that's something.

It sucks its gotta be that way.Oh yeah these ethereal spirits of burning fire and skeleton times appear out of the warp..... And then theres this asshole in a hat.....

Same deal with Custodes

They're essentially tamer plasma weapons, which is why they're stronger than boltguns

Any Imperium HQ will work, it just won't get it might get if it's in a non-Legion of the Damned detachment.

>Gladiator combatant can dodge Genestealer attacks
>cant guardsman with a las pistol

Every post you call me out in just breaks my spirit that much more.

Though while you're here, what do you think is the best delivery method for eight squads of purifiers?
Is it hope?

Here's my WIP Paladinwing. It'd be Draigowing...if it had Draigo at all.

GK Vanguard
Grandmaster Voldus - Gate, Purge Soul, Vortex

Grey Knight Paladins - 3x with Falchions, Paragon with Hammer, Hammerhand

Grey Knight Paladins - 3x with Falchions, Paragon with Hammer, Gate

Grey Knight Paladins - 3x with Falchions, Paragon with Hammer, Sanctuary

GK Vanguard
Brotherhood Champion - Cuirass of Sacrifice, Hammerhand

Paladin Ancient - Warlord - Banner of Refining Flame, First to the Fray, Purge Soul

Apothecary - Daemonhammer, Sanctuary

Doomglaive Dread - Heavy Psycannon, Incinerator

Doomglaive Dread - Heavy Psycannon, Incinerator

Land Raider - 2x Twin Lascannons, Multimelta, Storm Bolter

Raider has the brochamp and a squad of Paladins in its belly, dreadnoughts to the side. First turn the Raider gets his ass gated forwards, slams Lascannons into things, burps out Paladins, and then everything fucking falls around me as I realize I have a 9" bubble to slap 10 terminators in.

Pretty much this. I'd run an Inquisitor instead of a captain or whatever because then it makes more sense for the non-LotD model to not be deep striking in with the rest of them.

Shouldn't that make engagements with them just terrifying for an Imperial, specifically IG perspective?
You're showing up to a shooting match and the enemy's weakest and most common gun is a mild plasma gun.

Doesn't Celestine's respawn happen on the next turn anyway?

Or was that last edition?

Kraken Bros. reporting in

That's fair. I fully intend to stick them on an excessive number of units but I'll probably just try to keep the number of units low since if I stick at least one in a unit, I want all models to have one (for that Greek hoplite aesthetic).

Thousand Sons here. we don't have a codex, no good weapons, and get our only upside nerfed. Don't you cry to me.

God, I understand that other factions need their codex too, but I'm drowning in tears in jealousy after Deathguard.

>What do you mean you can CHOOSE to not field your primarch?

I really hope there's a stratagem for Wyches that lets them dodge during Overwatch.

If guardsmen are close enough to be trading small arms fire with the Tau one side or the other has already fucked up.

No, Celestine pops up immediately, leaving her vulnerable to being murdered again (especially funny in CC). Bobby G goes down for a turn, so he's safe from that.

Not really for IG.

IG armor is so shit that it really doesn't matter if it's plasma or not.

The thing that IG are scared of are crisis suits
"Flying dreadnoughts, wtf" was Ciaphas Cain's reaction toward them.

See my question is how pants on my head retarded am i for bringing 3 full 10 man tac squads with Rhinos in my Blood Angels army. I have 2 squads with flamer and heavy flamer and the last with plasma and Heavy Flamer. The sergeants have H.Flamer Power sword, Bolt Pistol power sword and Combi-Flamer Powerfist respectively.

Bullshit, you're just a cultist nid wanna be.

You don't even have the tag, asshole.

I must admit I don't know much about IG vs Tau battles or much in the way of fluff

Call me when they take away all of your T-sons named HQ's and you need to run HQ's from basic CSM and Heretics.

> DE Fag still salty about losing named HQ's in 6th

Why the fuck would a thousand sons player want to field the Primarch? He completely clashes with the army's aesthetic.

boyz im excited for my codex

Wyches are -1 to hit during overwatch

I just watched some youtube vids and got interested into WH40k. But theres no one willingly to play at ny LGS so far because everyone has heard the game is extremely expensive.

Whats the closest thing to a digital WH40k experience so i can play around and hopefully get some frienda interested too?

PRIMARIS GET OUT OF MY ARMY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Looks really good user

>Every post you call me out in just breaks my spirit that much more.
I'm so sorry user. I'm not who you think I am, and I know nothing about GK outside of your holy mission

Looks nice.

I might switch my homebrew chapter from Iron Hands successor to BA successor once their codex hits depending on how their tactics/disciplines are. They get access to too many awesome vehicles.

Tabletop simulator where you can actually play 40k straight up if you can deal with the shitty controls.

>IG reacts to _____
Seems like it'd be a fun read. What makes Crisis more scary to Guard, guns or mobility?
If Crisis are flying dreads then would riptides be flying knights.

I'd like the limitations to stick to the cheap psykers. Just make it so that for exmple any

>Whats the closest thing to a digital WH40k experience so i can play around and hopefully get some frienda interested too

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

It's an oldie but a goldie.

Dude I felt that way at the start of 8th but something changed cant exactly figure out what

maybe it was the reivers being great for my charges

I hope the buff the Baal Pred right now its just an assback with a little extra in the tank

Because Magnus is the only thing propping up the army. Rubric's and the termies are very narrow in application and pays premium for that specialty while not being able to diversify into other specializations.

>Saber searchlight batteries
holy fuck those are good
what the shit