>sphere after sphere passes by
>Earth is far below, now its out of sight
>pearlygate.jpg
>St. Peter flags you down and waves you thru
>the angels lay you down before the Awesome Judgement seat of God
>"hello my child, It is I, your Heavenly Father"
>"Welcome to the All"
>you stutter, speechless
>God smiles comfortingly, "dont worry Child, you are here in my kingdom for ever. You may ask me anything you like"
>your head spins, going over the thousands and thousands of questions youd like to ask. finally you manage to speak
>"how did you do it? How did you create all this beautiful world?"
>God replies "I used GURPS"

I don't care about gurps but definitely want to talk about comfy angel hands

Nah man. You don't get into heaven when you die. You get in on judgement day when your body resurrects (assuming it's all in one place. If it's not, and you aren't a saint, you're shit out of luck). Even then, only the top 144,000 humans are getting in. The Book of Revelations is pretty weird.

>Nah man. You don't get into heaven when you die. You get in on judgement day when your body resurrects (assuming it's all in one place. If it's not, and you aren't a saint, you're shit out of luck). Even then, only the top 144,000 humans are getting in. The Book of Revelations is pretty weird.

Those 144,000 spots were already taken up by Mormons.

JW, please go away

Seconded. JWs are like guys that badly edit their own core rulebooks in pencil, then argue that theirs is the true version.

Not even weird Mormon shit. Straight up Christianity.

Hmmm...

>The BBEG was once a heroic adventurer. Not a saint like the woman he loved, but a hero nonetheless.
>She died a tragic death, having given her life to save thousands. He was beside himself with grief.
>The gates of heaven will only open to a select few when the world ends, the grieving hero hopes her soul will be among those permitted.
>He slowly grows pessimistic and fears that over a long enough period of time there will be enough good people to put his loves chances of salvation in jeopardy.
>He will end the world now, so that she has the best chance of getting in.

thats cool

not gonna lie, looks comfy as fuck.

>Though the party slays the BBEG, his plans have already been put into motion. The world ends.
>Some of the party members find themselves standing before the gates. Around them are saints and those who lived the best lives. All those who shall recieve salvation.
>All but one of the saved souls moves forward. The party members recognize the face of the armored woman staying behind, having seen it in a locket hidden within the dark lords armor.
>She weeps. Without a word she turns back and walks into the darkness of the dead world.

>Even then, only the top 144,000 humans are getting in.
Not just any humans, but strictly jews, the most harcore religious jews who have lived near perfect lives as outlined in the Priest Rules of the Torah.

>Mormons getting into heaven
I'm sorry, but fan fiction of the bible is strictly heretical and blasphemous, as outlined in the Bible.

no..

>Revelations. S. PLURAL.

Theological opinion discarded.

So you're saying the Bible is a complete waste of time by its own admission for any non-Jewish person and we're all going to hell?

user, JWs and Mormons are not the same thing, like, at all.

>Those 144,000 spots were already taken up by Mormons.
But wouldn't that make the Mormons wrong, thus not going into Heaven, since their religion doesn't believe is a strict Heaven/Hell Dichotomy, but rather has 3 different heavens with the hell analogue reserved exclusively for Satan, his devils, and Cain?

Nah, not hell, heaven on earth. Basically everyone who isnt an Uber Jew gets resurrected and stuck on earth when Jesus returns, its been awhile but I think eventually everyone who isnt sent to hell and destroyed gets into actual heaven, but that's like thousands of years after the Return.

And until the Return, everyone who is basically a corpse does not exist till they get resurrected. So death is basically just like it is for atheists, nonexistence, but no one likes to learn this so everyone has settled on eth much more soothing "go straight to heaven" thing despite it being biblically inaccurate and blasphemous.

Time to start crusadin' huh

But if you don't exist you don't perceive time, so you perceive the first moment of being resurrected straight after dying, i.e. you go straight to heaven

>being biblically inaccurate and blasphemous.
according to which one? the """NWT"""?

Oh, I'm fine with this.

>tfw the bible was well aware of space-time relativity

Well, a copy of you goes to heaven. God keeps a backup copy on stand by which he recreates of you, puts it into a new body, and then this copy gets to experience Heaven. Or at least that's how it reads and was explained to me from pastor.

Im relying on my biblical studies from about a decade ago, and I may be muddling some of the different sects interpretations on this together. Hopefully someone can correct me if I've got it wrong.

I read through some of Gurps, and I wasn't very impressed. Why is it so well loved?

>GURPS
>Well loved

It isn't?

>144,000
That specific number is used frequently in old, old writing of the sort to signify "A really really big number" Which makes more sense in the original Greek. Retards just forget how to read a book with respect for the time and place it was written in.

Go back to making better guns please.
The Talmud and other books say so, but those are Invalid.

Not Uber-Jewish, holy shit are you retarded.
The Jews are still clinging to the belief that they are the chosen of god, when that title has long since been stripped and given wholesale to those who accept Christ as their Savior.

Are you baptist by any chance?

It seems like everyone groans whenever someone says "just use GURPS"

>Those 144,000 spots were already taken up by Mormons.
Those are JWs, not Mormons. Mormons believe everyone gets into heaven

ENDLESS

Because people use it as a joke in that case, not seriously.

When people genuinely recommend GURPS with a couple of supplements, people are fine with it.

All the gods in my D&D setting created the world using GURPS

Because it’s basically a joke. A forced joke even.
“GURPS can do anything!”
Is a notoriously unhelpful answer because it’s very general in its use. It needs direction. Naming a more specialized system is a better answer than just saying GURPS without any additional context or suggestion.

Dude, come on

>implying there's anything waiting for me
>implying I might even get to remain sensate in Hell, rather than reduced to nothing in the void

>implying there's anything waiting for me
There is, dont worry...I mean you should worry.
Well, hell is basically, when you are immortal and want to kill yourself, to describe it simply.

>That specific number is used frequently in old, old writing of the sort to signify "A really really big number" Which makes more sense in the original Greek. Retards just forget how to read a book with respect for the time and place it was written in.
This is the correct answer, thank you user. It's like when Chinese literature says "ten thousand" and Western people think it literally means precisely ten thousand things, instead of "innumerable".

YES!

>Why is it so well loved?
It's not. The premise of the OP is that it is a "shitpost". Specifically, it achieves this end by taking something already stupid and inflating it with the most ridiculous bombast that the original poster (a.k.a. "the faggot") could come up with on the spot.

>Though the party slays the BBEG, his plans have already been put into motion. The world ends.
>slay the Dark Lord
>he's immediately resurrected
>"God DAMMIT!"
>HEY, I'M RIGHT HERE, YOU KNOW. I CAN HEAR YOU.

>figured out how to be immune to everything; final form immortality
>didn't think of a way to die *just in case* on the way here

retard

You know, that would actually explain why the world is so fucked up.

At least in Hell I'd still be able to desire to die. Sure, I'd immediately regret my continued existence, but from the point of view of my currently existent self, oblivion is more terrifying. It's the same reason people are more afraid of death than they are of torture.

You're joking but there are politician in Washington today who think this way and would like for the world to end.

Jokes on Satan, the only thing I fear is oblivion

>And the Dark Lord and the Saint are together again. For what could be heaven if the other was not there?

Are you kidding? Hell sounds great. I get to hang around with the majority of historical geniuses at the minor cost of petty physical pain.

They always told me you wouldn't be able to enjoy it through the pain of having your soul burned and all forms of happiness being completely impossible.

But theology is weird.

That's what they told me about masturbating more than once in a row, but I sure showed them.