MtG Unstable Spoilers: Crossbreed Labs Edition

Reposting from I wish they print Transform card where both sides Flip

Couldn't you theoretically play this card on yourself for a delayed +2/+2?

Xth for Augment/Host most interesting mechanic ever

I may have to build an Unstable Cube. This set looks too much fun.

I wish there was at least one phyrexian in there so I could make phyrexian hybrids of all kind

Seconded

>bro gives you his creature
>long ass turn because blue players are being stalling fags
>finally can swing for lethal
>he comes back and takes the creature just as i am about to swing

It's an impossibly parasitic 2-for-1-yourself mechanic, augment cards are dead in your hand without host creatures and none of them do anything worth two cards and the mana cost

The best we've got so far is and , which requires two cards and 6GU to make a 5/5 with "Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, you may draw a card." You've got to realize how garbage that is.

>Better mechanics than we've seen in the past 5+ years
>Silly cards aren't as ridiculous and game breaking as previous sets while still being fun
I'm probably gonna get a box to make a cube with.

The most important part of your post is
>We've seen so far
Still a week before full reveal

Also, I didn't say good, I said interesting

And Shahrazad hasn't been unbanned yet. That doesn't mean there's reason to hold out hope for it.

I don't care getting great Augment/Host cards, I just want interesting ones

Sliver hybrid when?

3 legends for League of Doom, how about spreading the legends out of fucking Rakdos

don't even joke about it

but muh flavor
it really pisses me off the order doesn't get a legendary creature

MaRo has explicitly stated the doom group is run by a cabal and got more legionaries because of it.
Which is fucking stupid given the UW faction doesnt even get a legendary creature, and the GW faction legendary is parasitic and completely relies on the cards from unstable

Cute.

I understand how casual Selesnyian edh players might feel but at least your wait is over. Sneak is going to wait until next Thursday to let me down with a parasitic idiot legend.

>Play The Cheese Stands Alone
>Play this
>Give your teammate everything except cheese
>Win

>Rakdos gets Ludevic, Phage-shenanigans, and Destroy-Target-Player commanders that would work in EDH with minimal silver cards
>Gruul will get something that cares about set symbols
>Dimir will get dice rolling.

It felt like Maro implied there were even more Rakdos legends. His exact words were we "haven't seen them all" in reference to leaders that make up the League. I got the impression he meant we haven't seen all the cards, but maybe he just meant we haven't seen all the characters, which seems like a weird thing to say because it implies there's a finite number to show, and I don't know why they'd clarify exactly how many there are if there wasn't an amount set by how many cards there were.

how much do you guys think foil basics will go for? Non foil? Foil island and mountain in specific?

Seen some people say $20 off the bat which is ridiculous but luckily I only need 1 island and 1 mountain

They are around 2€ a piece on Magiccardmarket right now
Most expensive cards of Unstable, the Island being the most expensive of all five
The foil version prices start at 15€

PRetty sure it'll be less than 3. Snow-Covered Mountains are less than, and they're part of actual competitive decks composed entirely of them so.

there were only two when he said that, so rakdos might just have 3

I'm considering this card for cube

Die rolling is fine it’s better than god damn Mill, which shouldn’t be printed any more

That strat is way too cheesey

For as long as you can buy unstable for MSRP, I'm guessing the lands will average $2. Foil tokens play into the price too, and I suspect those'll be worth under a dollar or so depending on what they are.

That said, it's hard to judge since we don't know how big the print run is and we haven't had an Unset for a while and everything. Nobody knows how big the demand from cube and Unmannder will be.

>Just wait for the mill card based on dice rolls

>Burn trample
How haven't we seen this in black border by now?

Commander, we need to take action if we want to stop ADVENT

Liquid Fire exists.

>TFW no "Sexy" augment
>You will never get to attack with "Sexy Man".

>XUB
>Roll X dice, target opponent mills equal to total sum
Make it XXUB as an activated ability on a legend? Or tap XUB?

It does, we just call it "distributed."

>just mind grind with dice
I would be furious

>Sssssssuperman...

>"Sexy" is a scantily-clad female elf torso
>Sexy Man
MtG would confirm that traps aren't gay

world-class flavor text

>Sexy Engine
>Sexy Stegosaurus
>Sexy Beaver
>Sexy Pony

>Robophiles
>Scalies
>Furries
>Furries

Damn sexy Freddy Krueger.

THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM

Too far

Never ever

Not the same

Can one host have more than one augment?

?
Why is this rivals card?

Augmented host is not a host anymore.
Though the host combined with something by Grusilda can be augmented.

It's from a fan made joke set with objectively better flavor and humor

Yesterday the Wizards instagram account had some kind of selfie contest, after which they previewed this (meh)
Now they're doing a cosplay competition on tumblr, so there'll probably be a cosplay related unstable card in the next couple of hours. Any ideas?

They're pretty much all going to be awful, cut the mechanic is so cool, I don't fucking care.

Why do you guys are eve mad about the legendary artifact?
If a group would allow fucking silver bordered commanders, they'd allow that one as well.

>Cast Phage
>Cast Side Quest targeting phage
>Target player in another silver-bordered game loses the game.

Because it's indicative of a larger problem with set design, where even though all colours are always supposed to be balanced exactly equally, some colours sometimes just get more stuff or better stuff than others, for seemingly no reason. Like rakdos getting 3+ legendaries this set for no mechanical reason, while Azorius doesn't get one.

Not only that but I doubt Dr. Jumblemorph is the only way to avoid paying the costs of one half or the other.

Ehh... Almost every single one of them are just Dinosaur based puns on other cards, it doesn't take a lot of brain power to add "-saur" to the end of a name.

I haven't looked at most of them yet but i really liked "Giant unuseable blue creature"

plus siege dino is a decent pun

Because it's just a step too far into freeform. Silver-bordered EDH is one thing. The core tennants of the game are still in place: legendary creature commander.

"Your commander can be any legendary" is something completely different that would allow for all sorts of lands, artefacts and enchantments that defeat the point. If it could become a creature (like the flip equipment ) I'd be more lenient but as it stands it's like asking "can my commander be the Bident of Thassa?'

Beautiful

Let me spoil something about legendaries: outside of edh, its actually a downside applied to the card.

Wouldn't that kill you as well when it returned to your game user?

Nah man, there's good shit in there. The jk post one got me.

Yes, but most host creatures will lose host when they are augmented. Youll only be able to augment more than once if the host has some ability that lets it keep the Host type, like a changling or dr. jumblemorph.

Not sure how the rules text modifications would interact though.

They can't go that direction, since they've added kitten.

It doesn't come back because they lost.

I understand this, but EDH is a very popular format, and for EDH a set with no legendary in a certain colour would be like if BFZ came out and they had expedition fetchlands for every colour combination except one, and when questioned MaRo said something stupid like "There really aren't too many scalding tarns on zendikar, so we left them out for flavour reasons"
It's just retarded and counter-productive to the goals of the game, with seemingly little reason. At least they made a whole joke about how the squirrel dude isn't legendary, but this is just the devs making the same mistake everyone gives out about every block.

cause people want to play commander but with silver border. Thats a different thing than commander but you can litrtslly anything so you can just play a silver border noncreature legendary artifact because lmao so random. Seriously, what is with you people who keep saying shit like this? Wanting to play silver border cards doesnt mean you want to throw all the rules out the window. It shouldnt have to mean that.

user, you're complaining about balance in a fucking un-set, balance is the least of their concerns. And they never want sets to be fully balanced, as you can see with Ixalan as well.

Well, most groups won't let either cards fly, specially Marry which is almost useless without changelings or more silver bordered cards. The point I'm making is, if you can convince players to allow un-set commanders, it doesn't take a lot of effort to convince them you want the computer as your commander because you have a good reason instead of just using the bident because. I've played commander with nephilim before and nobody cared, so you can instead discuss it with your group instead of complaining a set that was not made for commander doesn't cater to it.

A creature that can search your library for any equipment that can be worn on a body.

Anyone else think julius is a reference to fogey?

Here you go, official leak.

So where does that leave the card afterwards? Is it now in your sideboard, because that's the normal "outside the game?"

nice
might even make a fake for it and use it in the ub cube

>that trigger
Brilliant.

>instead of complaining a set that was not made for commander doesn't cater to it.
IT WAS LITERALLY MADE FOR COMMANDER (AND CUBE) YOU IDIOT.
What kind of slippery slope logic are trying to fucking pull? If your logic is "if youre gonna play silver border, you might as well play anything", that makes no fucking sense. That means you may as well play a deck of 30 black lotuses, 20 ancestral recalls, and 10 shocks or whatever shitty wincon. Who cares about the rules if youre playing silver border, right??? What universe is "you can play literally whatever you want as your commander" only one step removed from allowing silver border cards in casual constructed decks? What the fuck?

MaRo stated they wanted the UW legendary to be a commander, they just didnt have space on the card to include that rule

>IT WAS LITERALLY MADE FOR COMMANDER (AND CUBE) YOU IDIOT.
it was made to be a fun set with jokes and weird game-breaking mechanics
i'd much rather it be good at that then it be good for commander.

Maro himself said that he and the dev team encourage people to use Calcutron as your commander if you want. Stop getting so autistic over rules in the most casual format possible.

Fun fucking fact: that logic is *exactly* what happened the last time an Un-set rolled around you mongoloid moron. People are illogical and stupid as fuck and make those kinds of connections despite it being a slippery slope. That fallacy exists for a reason. People did it then, they're gonna do it now. You allow silver-bordered commanders and you'll be playing with Gleemax and Mox Lotus and Better Than One next and it will fucking suck. I'd know, I was there for the first two Un-sets, playing them outside of their own special area is a terrible decision.

>800.4a When a player leaves the game, all objects (see rule 109) owned by that player leave the game and any effects which give that player control of any objects or players end. Then, if that player controlled any objects on the stack not represented by cards, those objects cease to exist. Then, if there are any objects still controlled by that player, those objects are exiled. #
Side Quest is still an effect giving control. The only time someone has control of something without an effect to be canceled is if it's a permanent effect, or they did something like counter, then put into play under their control, or cast from your library, or whatever.
So first it would end the effect, bringing it back to you, then you'd lose as a state-based effect.

>then you'd lose as a state-based effect.
good thing we just got rules lawyer

Not how that works, dumbass. Phage doesn't come into play under their control, they just get it. It's like a Threaten effect, which doesn't kill you if you use it on Phage. They just get a Phage for a turn, then you get it back normally. No one dies (except if they hit someone with Phage, natch).

>made for commander
>not legal in commander

Explain better. The commander decks are made for your format, this one is made for drafting and kitchen table and casual games where the players decide what rules to allow and which not to. You can just tell your group that you'd like to use the computer as your commander because you think it'd make the games fun and ask whether they mind you doing that without using a Night of Soul's Betrayal deck or using cards to break the game apart.
Commander is a format where your group just decides what goes and doesn't so it's not wizard's fault if people are too autistic to roll with it.

You heard it here first, folks. Sex appeal is all about having tiny legs.

Nothing in this is funny