Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Index to Codex rules clarified edition.

Ynnari pretty much squatted sub-edition.

>Beastman model thing coming soon
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>latest Peach/Duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Promethium Refinery - Rusty White Panels. (embed)

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7NEPsYNZTI
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for a bloodless transition

First for codex index transition has been retarded so far

Oops forgot to put in the link to the latest Peach/Duncan thing.

Its here for those interested:

youtube.com/watch?v=s7NEPsYNZTI

haha! epic! well memed le bro! xD

>So Blood Angels, Blood Ravens and Dark Angels are the same chapter some sort?

1st for GW having to restate things for autists

Any way to improve this list cheaply?
inb4 buy 120 painted boyz on ebay - plz no

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (57 PL, 999pts)

HQ
Warboss: Attack Squig, Big Choppa, Kombi-Rokkit

Troops
Boyz
- Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Kombi-Skorcha
- 2x Ork Boy W/ 'Eavy Weapon: Big Shoota
- 17x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Elites
Nobz
- Boss Nob: Ammo Runt, Power Klaw, Slugga
- Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
- 3x Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
Nobz: Cybork Body
- Nob: Power Klaw, Slugga
- 3x Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
Painboy: Power Klaw

Heavy Support
Deff Dread: 4x Dread Klaw
Killa Kans
- 3x Killa Kan: Skorcha

8th for Genestealer Cults

Much like the transition from Kirby to Rountree, many things will get better, but they are still spending a fortune on the little things.

Whats the biggest possible axe i could feasibly convert for my WE chaos lord? I want him to have an outrageously large Axe he can swing at people.

Guys!

hear me out guys

You ready for this shit?

aight

okay, so

harlequins

with polka dots instead of diamond patterns

And they killed RFK

Anons help

I thought I had my list finalized but then I started looking at Flesh Hooks and thought they might be a good idea. Should I replace Barbed Stranglers with Flesh Hooks on my Warriors or keep the Barbed Stranglers?

Polkageists?

So Blood Angels, Blood Ravens and Dark Angels are the same chapter some sort? The Blood Angels are not Chaos, the blood ravens are a split group and the Dark Angels are the Chaos version of the blood angles

Solid clarification. I'm kind of surprised by how straight forward it is

Preach it brother

Buy an actual axe

>I'm kind of surprised by how straight forward it is

It clearly wasn't if we had the TSons issue in the previous thread.

>Ynnari pretty much squatted

>Dark Angels are the Chaos version of the blood angles
Fucking confirmed.

One of the three from the plastic Bloodthirster kit.

see

Explain

grimgor's model had a fun one

Wow your models are great!

Mind if I have a look?

But blood ravens actually exists in the 40k universe beside from the dawn of war series? So i don’t want to play a green army, but maybe another traitor legion maybe?

>warhammer-community.com/faqs/
Page 76 – Strength from Death
Add the following paragraph:
‘Matched Play: If you are playing a matched play game, a unit
from your army cannot make a Soulburst action if a friendly
unit has already made the same Soulburst action during your
turn. In addition, units from your army cannot perform any
Soulburst actions during your opponent’s turn.’

>the bait is evolving

Yes, you may LOOK.

Oh god i would do this if it wouldnt take for ever for me to convert the fucking Bloodthirster hands off the greataxe

youtube.com/watch?v=B_obeR1OIm8

Spoonfeed me. I dont play ynarri whats that mean.

Has anyone here had success running a wraith heavy army? Like 2 squads of wraithguard and 2 squads of blades with a lord kitted out as long range support.

Sorry man, I'm taking the piss out of you. All the chapters you listed are loyalist chapters, there's just an on-running joke that the Dark Angels are heretical because like half their dudes did defect and they kept it a secret. There's plenty of not-green Chaos Marines.
>Word Bearers
>World Eaters
>Iron Warriors
>Thousand Sons
>Night Lords
>Emperor's Children

To name a few.

It bugs me more than it probably should how they said Space Wolves magic is from some power of Fenris.

I liked the way they mirrored Thousand Sons, ignorant of the source of their power, but thinking themselves masters of it, and they got rid of it for nothing.

it means Ynarri have taken the nerf crowbar to the teeth

It upset furries that they were as bad as the people they forced into becoming traitors.

>8th is great its so balanced and the bestest!
>oh shit they nerfed my faction fuck this game sux

Just remove those parts of the haft and enjoy your Dark Souls hueg greataxe.

>It bugs me more than it probably should how they said Space Wolves magic is from some power of Fenris
Is that what happened? I thought it was just Fenrisian beliefs affecting the Warp around Fenris.

I'm reposting this themed Tyranid list I came up with. What do you guys think?
It's not meant to be competitive but I think it would be a blast to play,
especially against another fluffy low model count army.

The Warrior King's Court - Hive Fleet Kraken - 2000pts - Battalion and Outrider Detachments.

The King - The Swarmlord (Catalyst, Onslaught) - 300

The King's Adviser - Malanthrope (Chameleonic Mutation) - 90

The King's Champion - Dimachaeron - 200

The Prince - Tyranid Prime (Adrenal Glands, Bone Swords, Death Spitter) - 108

The King's Vanguard - 6 Tyrant guard (Adrenal Glands, Crushing claws, Rending Claws, Toxin Sacs) - 306

The King's Banner-men - 4 x 6 Tyranid Warriors (Adrenal Glands, Flesh Hooks, Bone Swords, Death Spitters, 1 Venom Cannon) - 780

The King's Heralds - 2 x 3 Tyranid Shrikes (Adrenal Glands, Bone Swords, Death Spitter, Flesh Hooks) - 216

I was really looking forward to 8th edition being full of more durable things so you don't get shot off the table turn one, and things live long enough to fight in melee. Instead it's the same as it ever was and in some cases faster thanks to Smite and infantry guns being able to hurt high toughness targets. Melee still shit and even more shit since people can just walk away. Getting games past turn 3 against good opponents is hard.

It means "If my units can't activate during your phase then maybe I'll play Tyranids".

reee why can't I rape people in their own turns

Making each action only usable once per turn is something I can see as a reasonable balancing measure.
Making it during your turn only effectively removes the trait completely for any ranged unit, thanks to the 7" restriction.
I bet reecus is to blame for this

So soulburst is now 'SOB faith powers but worse'?

>shitty nu-(((Lore))) fluff
>WAACfag list based on strongest hive fleet
>boring named characters

Fuck off.

More like "Here's a big reason why I played an army, but now it's gone"

I like it. But I wouldn't run it myself since I love my gaunts
Also, post nids. I lost my folder

So if i buy Burning of Prospero and Betrayal at Calth, I can make a working 40K Space Marine OR traitor marine army out of the boxes?

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Fuck Ynnari. They were a shitty cash grab at the end of a shitty edition, anyway.

Maybe it's because I'm still learning, and I'm not even that guy, but why the fuck are you so butthurt?

>Q: Can Characters only perform a Heroic Intervention against enemy units that charged this turn, or can they do so against any enemy unit?
>A: They can do so against any enemy unit.

>Note that they can only do so if they end up closer to the nearest enemy model, whether it charged this turn or not.

This basically means any character has a 3"" free charge, thats fucking amazing! Now the BT relic is much better as you can get a free 6" charge as long as they have enemies in range.

>Court of the Nephilim King naming scheme
>Kraken
Oh you!

Wat

You can do whatever you put your mind to.

Fuck that, I'm happy just using the indices. I don't even plan to buy any new models for a while until I've made progress on plastic-mountain over here, so I don't even need new rules. Every edition should start this way.

Also, LOL@ "carry both the codex and the index around with you, because we left out some options in the later publication".

Say what you will about Mantic, but at least I only need one book to play the game, and me and my opponent can use the same one.

Only issue I have is the Chameleonic Mutation being on the Malanthrope which natively you can't shoot as it is a character under 10 wounds. Would put it on something else instead.

Fuck off with your gonard opinion. WAAFag lists for nids is spamming genestealers, learn what is bullshit and what isn't. You sound like someone who ate glue as a child and never stopped.

Are you even trying Carnac?

You need mobility and/or protection for your Nobz. Give the nobz perhaps a weirdboy with Da Jump, or a vehicle. Preferably a trukk or melee kitted battlewagon, because if your opponent has good deal of autocannon tier weapons with D2 your nobz will melt within seconds. The trukk or battlewagon will take the most beating before your nobz, which is vital considering you want them in melee where they actually do something other than die horribly.

I'd take a weirdboy or two and then just 'port the Nobz to enemy's face.

What about spamming gaunts?

LOOK WITH YOUR EYES, NOT WITH YOUR HANDS!

>tfw 3 shooting attacks each turn

It wold be a dream to fight your army user. I run Imperial Guard with tons of Bullgryn and Characters and random Inquisition and Ministorum melee units. It would be a mess of melee that would take like 4-5 hours to play.

How did you know?

Pretty much.

I think they maybe over did by taking out the out the soul burst in the opponents turn but we'll see. Vanilla Eldar are pretty powerful anyway so it might be a good balance

>Imperium and Chaos soup dominate the competitive meta with a hilarious lack of any downside or restrictions
>Better kneecap Ynnari!

Maybe the elves should've invested in pauldrons.

Does Intervention count as charge?

Gaunts are okay but, stealers + broodlord is just face eatingly good. Gaunts just has the issue of they are weak, don't move as far, have worse saves, don't have a model that buffs their melee models passively, and don't have a 5+ inv save. So while Gaunts can choke up a board, for the same points in Stealers you can do more, throw in lictors or go jorm with some raveners and you can pop up anywhere for maximum coverage.

we've been doing this dance for how many months now? At this point you should get a tripcode

What did they do to ynnari?

Nerfing them will come soon enough. Time to play my mixed lists while I can before I can't take all my favorite models at once anymore.

>want to run a shooty/anti psyker Kronos fleet
>but also want gotta-go fast genestealers

>dimechaeron
>tyrant guard
>warriors
>shrikes
>tyranid prime
>WAAC
I fucking wish

I guess so yeah. Plenty of marine bodies for Tactical squads or Chaos marines. Maybe even Sternguard/Chosen. Ton of Missile launchers and Heavy Bolters for Dev/Havoc squads. Two different types of terminators, and you can mix and match for Chaos since there's no distinction between marks. Contemptor Dread that works for either. Plenty of stuff to make HQs out of, or just use one of the characters.

we don't know a (A)Eldar(i) soup is going to look like yet, but Ynnari definatly need the nerf. If they've gone too far they can always back peddle a little now that we're getting regular updates

>chaos soup and Imperium
Well not quite, it’s like 4 units from each army just spammed over and over again. Maggie, mort, Malefic lords and brims (with Knights and changeling of course!) versus guilly, Celestine, a bunch of ASSCAN razorbacks, culexus, and Stormravens.

Ynarri were doing really well though and it’s an easy fix, these on the other hand require a lot of effort and point fixes.

The struggle is real. All I could think of for it is using Lictors to deploy Genestealers in close to simulate the gotta-go fast and the rest of the army be purely shooty.

Can't activate during your opponent's turn or use the same ability more than once per turn.

No. Fuck them. It was always a shitty meme faction that was pure pay 2 win because you needed the HQs and could cherry pick the best of 3 factions.

Or maybe GW is realizing that soup was a mistake.

Their special rule, which lets them attack or move outside their normal phases, soulburst, was severely nerfed. They can't use soulburst more than once a turn, and can't use soulburst during the enemy's turn, now.

>MFW I have a Ciaphas-Cain-as-Creed imperial guard army

Why is this edition so fluffy

>Ciaphas Cain
You better be running half-female Valhallan army.

for user who wanted to know if Haines would do an AMA, the hive mind provides

Andy Chambers on Death Guard/Nurgle.

Agree?

>Yeah it's like they haven't locked onto a decent archetype to make them stick. Possibly I would enhance the 'jolly' side of Nurgle a bit more and route that through the Death Guard, get some Killer clown/Juggaloo imagery going on. Are you horrified yet?

If cheese was a big reason for playing an army you should reconsider you reasons.

Do Genestealer cults get access to everything in the Imperial Guard codex or is it just troops, chimeras and sentinels?

I do indeed have female models but I can't take Jurgen as an actual bodyguard unless Cain is using Creed's rules.

So they're cadians. Cain didn't serve with valhallans for his entire career, after all.

imperial soup and chaos soup recieved no changes, hell eldar soup is still more than possible.

it just means the ynnari are squatted until their codex comes out and gives them an actual army instead of just borrowing from three other armies.

I just thought it would be fluffy since an advisor wants NOTHING to do with a fight.
I actually came up with this list as a BS multi would model list, then put a theme to it.
Kraken is strongest? Huh, I thought Jormungandir looked the best.
Idk who carnac is but I aint him buddy.

Trukk looks great but it will be hard to fit it on this list. I have cut some stuff but still I'm 29pts over the limit. Any idea what should I drop next?

Vanguard Detachment +1CP (1029/1000)

HQ
Warboss: Attack Squig, Kombi-Rokkit, Power Klaw

Troops
Boyz
- Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
- 19x Ork Boy W/ Shoota

Elites
Nobz
- 4x Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
Nobz
- 4x Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
Painboy: Power Klaw

Heavy Support
Killa Kans
- 3x Killa Kan: Skorcha
Deff Dread: 4x Dread Klaw

Dedicated Transport
Trukk: Big Shoota

Read you guys wrong, thought you where calling me him, nvm

They can soulburst more than once per turn but they cannot use the same action more than once. So they can still potentially perform 5 additional actions

The have neophyte hybrids which can be armed with las guns, and form a weapon team. They use their own datasheet

Cult sentinels, cult chimera and cult leman russ. Are a unique datasheet tying them to the cult.

Be one overkill power axe. After how many victories with the thing do i give him till i turn him into a Daemon Prince with the axe?

Oh, I only mean model-wise. Rules can be adjusted no problem.