Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

RIP Soul Grinder user. Gone too soon.

Ynnari pretty much squatted sub-edition.

>Beastman model thing coming soon
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>latest Peach/Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=s7NEPsYNZTI

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/edgeblend/status/931203516319793154
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Infantry-Platoon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Ork

ELDAR NEO NAZIS

Isn't it weird how you can take Soul Grinders in Age of Sigmar? And Fantasy before that.

Looks like I'm in the market for a Deathwatch Storm Shield.

What happened to Soul Grinders?

OwO what will this be?!
twitter.com/edgeblend/status/931203516319793154

No. They come from the forge of souls, in the realm of chaos.

He could be excessively brutal, but compared to other legions its really no big deal. Pert got the job done efficiently.

my dudes > your dudes

I'm gonna fucking scream if it's another god damn Chaos kit.

Curious, but how do the Khorne aligned Warpsmiths make Daemon Engines if Sorcerers are frowned upon in Khorne's service?

As a relation to that, can a Daemon Prince be the go between for drawing forth his kin from the warp and binding them to a new Daemonic engine of war?

I've read of that being a thing so now I'm curious.

And when they say a Daemon goes into a Daemon Engine, does that include Furies?

And would they really rail against being in the machine to venture back into the warp? I've heard their life in the Warp isn't all that great, so they're eager for a chance to reick havoc in the materium.

Any good ideas for Cawl replacement? Is he even mandatory? I just hate his original model

I would imagine that summoning isn't frowned upon. And isn't making a daemon engine basically just summoning a daemon to possess it?

For fixing Magnus, he and the Changeling both need modest price bumps. Beyond that, the issue is more with how easy it is to make soup lists and how there's pretty much zero downside to them. I think the easiest fix to add a few more generic stratagems to Chapter Approved and then limit faction stratagems to pure armies (Inquisition would get their own Stratagems that come into effect if the army is one other faction plus inquisition).

I know this hurts you, Xenos.

Better not be primaris shit

Dunno what stuff he usually works on. Hopefully it won't be something like Blighthaulers. That'd be a piss off

Massively overcosted. They'll probably get at least a 25% reduction in cost based on what happened with the Defiler (and the Defiler is still garbage).

It'll be some flavor of Space Marine.

It'd be a real pisser because we've already seen them.

Thoughts on running a Malcador Infernus with 2x heavy flamers and yolorush for sicc flame and blow up damage?

Did Perturabo and Ferrus have any kinship at all?

They seem a lot alike in that they are both mechanically minded and loath weakness.

In fact, their legions are a lot a like in that they are extremely vehicle heavy and they make heavy use of cybernetics.

I believe it's so close post Heresy that an Imperial Fists doctrine on disabling Iron Warriors tanks was protested by the Iron Hands, who feared the same tactics could be use to devastating affect on their own tank forces.

hmmm what could it be?

Yes, but summoning amounts to Sorcery most of the time.

>restrict stratagems
This. The ability to get access to stratagems from any army that you have a detachment of is too generous.

my best guess is a lord of contagion with a manreaper and 3 blightlord terminator squad like the 3 man plague brethren set

Lord Felthius and the Tainted Cohort

Who was more autstic, Morty or Angron?

If it another fucking marine kit. I’m going to GW and throw dog puke at their door.

>Curious, but how do the Khorne aligned Warpsmiths make Daemon Engines if Sorcerers are frowned upon in Khorne's service?
Generally, Khorne's stance on psykers is less that psykers are always bad and more that using psykery to kill is bad. Khorne fleets still need Navigators and (presumably) Astrotelepaths. Further, the lore is very vague on what the exact boundaries are between psykery and just general chaos ritual shit (there probably isn't an exact boundary). Shit, the lore has had a big question mark about what exactly sorcery is for ages.

Not as of 8th edition, any character can do it. They don't have to be psychers anymore.

Dorn/Perturabo

Angron was lobotomized so he actually has an excuse for the way he acts. Pert was just actually fucking autistic.

Am I a dick for thinking I can play space wolves with imperial guard units aswell, Im new so I have no idea about the traditional game rules. Not just playing with friends you know. like competition tier rules. Can you use both armies in concert? Love you all.

also if your bothered tell me which of the two is the meme army space wolves or imperial guard im stuck on decided what I should put my money towards in either.

Will FW regiments ever get Stratagems? Was there any GW post stating they could use IG Stratagems?

Mortarion got bamboozled by Horus, but Angron went full 47 chromosome level when the emperor told him to stop doing nail implants.

Could be a xenos kit.
GW reveals things a little bit earlier nowadays, so I could see them reveal at the Open something coming out like February.

Fuck, I'm retarded, Mortarion, not Pert, although they both kinda work. I'm just so used to the rampant "Pert is autistic" posting on here.

Space Wolves more like Gay Wolves

I hope its a Daemon kit with guns.

Take the Knot!

Yeah, you can. In the same detachment if you want. By doing that you lose the guard stratagems though, so I'd recommend separate detachments

You can use them together because they both have the imperium keyword.

aren't they in the eye of terror anyway? Just muder shit until some Khorne daemons show an interest and say
>Oi daemon get in that shit or I'll fite you
So then warpsmith then has to batter the shit out of the daemon and then shove it in the machine

>melee still sucks

So are tyranids still shit then even though they got buffed?

"Autistic" how?

New eldar unit :DDDDD

>$40 Wraithknight kit
Is it worth it these days, or should I go for another grav-tank?

They both have the Imperium keywork so you can take them in the same detachment, but you'll lose any Guard stratagems and tactics and eventually any Space Wolves ones once their codex is out. If the tactics and stratagems are important to you, try running them in separate detachments together, but that can be a bit of a bitch.

Grenade launchers > Plasma

For real though, is the DKoK big bundle a good place to start a army?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Infantry-Platoon

And on another note, is ebay the best way to sell old models you no longer want?

Its a nice model and bound to get buffed some edition. Why not right?

We can use general stratagems, as we are astra militarum.

>Lord Felthius
Who hired George Lucas to name characters?

Maybe the changeling, but to be honest Magnus is so fucking sad compared to what he does for 415 when you look at guilly for fucking 360, Mortarion is honestly the most balanced primarch in my opinion. He actually kinda takes skill to line up units to go in for the charge when mortarion does, so he's not a giant bloat drone.

So how's my updated list, yo. I had to drop the Land Raider, but it was kind of on its own as it was anyway. But I can swap it out for the other detachment without issue. I'm aware it has little ranged combat or anti tank, but it's mostly in your face from the ground up anyway.

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
>Kaldor Draigo
-- Gate of Infinity, Purge Soul
>Paladin Squad
-- Paragon with Daemonhammer
-- 3x with Falchions, Hammerhand
>Paladin Squad
-- 3x with Falchions, Sanctuary
>Paladin Squad
-- 3x with Falchions, Gate

Grey Knights - Vanguard Detachment
>Brotherhood Champion
-- Cuirass of Sacrifice, Hammerhand
>Paladin Ancient -WARLORD-
-- Banner of Refining Flame, First to the Fray, Purge Soul
>Apothecary
-- Daemonhammer , Sanctuary
>Doomglaive Dreadnought
-- Stormbolter, Heavy Psycannon, >Gate of Infinity
Doomglaive Dreadnought
-- Stormbolter, Heavy Psycannon, Astral Aim

Inquisition - Vanguard Detachment
>Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
-- Terminator Armor, Daemonhammer, Combi-Melta, Terrify
>Eversor Assassin
>Eversor Assassin
>Culexus Assassin

Yes god damn user.

>For real though, is the DKoK big bundle a good place to start a army?
That's close to a dollar per point. Unless you're rich, no.

Is that the Forgeworld plague Sorcerer that was in the Siege of Vraks stirring up trouble?

Well yea but he had Nails in his head at the time didnt he?

Darth Icky best Sith

Guilliman is ridiculous. Magnus definitely need a price bump, but it's a smaller one than a lot of whiners like to pretend. Magnus isn't that scary unless he's in good stuff soup lists. Most armies can pretty reliably knock him down a damage track or two per turn.

>rich
I'm military. Close enough.

>any character can summon
>[citation needed]

honestly with the thousand sons codex he should get a small one as he will probs get a sick warlord trait.

I always thought it looked like a Cyberdemon’s upper half on a Spider Mastermind’s lower half.

I dunno. They might try to port over the 7E WL traits, which were pretty garbage.

Ynnari should have kept the ability to Soul Burst on the enemy's turn but been limited to one of each type of action per round.

So I've chargenned a raptor-ish Loxatl mercenary for a Rogue Trader semi-homebrew, but I had to use baseline IG stats and backgrounds for chargen.

Are there any decent homebrews for loxatl and other non-standard xenos? I know about the Dark Heresy Abhuman and Xenos build, but I'm not too sure about their stats, desu, and we're using DH 2nd Ed. The same semi-homebrew has a rak'gol and a Vorax-class involved.

Here you go

So aside from the 2 "lost" primarch's that exist solely for people to mydude themselves a primarch

Are there any primarchs who'se body has not been recovered? Like what happened to Horus's body?

deepstriking magnus
please GW
please...

I assume you still need to pay the points for the summon right?

How hard are bloodthirsters to summon? And if you failed to summon something, could you keep trying with other character units?

I think the lost legions were originally a reference to Roman legions.

no fuck off

>Like what happened to Horus's body?
Sons of Horus took it back to the Eye, the Emperor's Children stole it, Abaddon destroyed it alongside the clones being made from it.

Dorn and Curze are MIA, presumed dead. Most of the remaining loyalist primarchs are just MIA, often with cryptic hints of future return.

Horus's body was recovered by the black legion to be "destroyed" by abaddon. All other bodies no one really knows about, but we have dorn's fist.

Wait are they removing the opponent thing?

The fuck

Agreed. Should have been for 'battle round' which is a turn including your turn and your opponents turn.

You imply we haven’t already discovered the lost primarchs.

His sons had it in a mausoleum and then the EC stole it when they ran out of slaves, Abby probably destroyed it when he wrecked Fabius' clone facility and the EC homeworld.

Why would they destroy it?

I prefer Darth Insaneous myself

With base summoning you have less than a 2% chance to summon a bloodthirster.

Where you been nigger?

He looks like he's just waving to say hi.

Abby is still butthurt.

It was recovered by the Sons of Horus.

Remember, Horus fell upon the Vengeful Spirit, which is still in Black Legion hands today.

However, his body was stolen in the immediate years after the Heresy by the Emperor's Children, where Fabius Bile attempted to craft a new Horus to lead the fractured legions.

Abbadon, finding this an affront to his new found power, reunited the Legion and went after the Emperor's Children, destroying not only Horus's body, but the clones of Horus that Bile created, ensuring that the Legion's old legacy of failure was destroyed with them.

They hated horus for being a dumbass

I'm curious what peoples opinions are when it comes to Vanguard Vets being superior to Termies when it comes to both tank-hunting and horde clearing. It seems to me the VanVets are superior since they have higher movement, same weapon loadouts, and high-AP, high D damage is super common this edition and Termies just cost too much.

What niche do Termies have this edition?

will see how it plays, I agree in principle but vanilla (A)eldar(I) are pretty powerful anyway. They can always update later if it's too much of a nerf

>can't even layer during your own tuen

Bruh
Guess it equalises to make battle focus more viable.

>Hey what's up guys! Uh all the other demons in hell are laughing at me for being called "cyberdemon" and keep asking if they can cyber with me,so can I like. Hang out with you all or something?

I believe Fabulous Bill tried to clone it, got down-syndrome Horuses instead, Abby found out and destroyed the clones and the body.

Magnus was locked into Lord of Flux. If they bring those back, I imagine that will remain the same.

>1. Arrogance of Aeons- Your Warlord adds 1 to any Deny the Witch tests they make. If he rolls an 11 or more when attempting to Deny the Witch, your Warlord may immediately attempt to manifest the Smite psychic power.
>2. Undying Form- Your Warlord halves all damage he receives, rounding up.
>3. Walker of the Webway- During deployment, you can set up your Warlord and up to one THOUSAND SONS INFANTRY unit in the Webway instead of placing them on the battlefield (this counts as one choice for deployment). At the end of any of your movement phases, they may emerge from the Webway onto the battlefield- set them up anywhere on the battlefield that is more than 9” away from any enemy models and with both units within 2” of each other.
>4. Lord of Flux- Enemy units that Advance or attempt to Charge within 12” of your warlord roll an additional D6 to see how far they move and must drop the highest. For units that Advance or Charge a set amount, instead reduce that amount by 2.”
>5. Lord of Forbidden Lore- Your Warlord may select one additional power from the Bedlam discipline.
>6. Aetherstride- Your Warlord and friendly THOUSAND SONS units within 6” may never have their moves, Advance rolls, or Charge rolls reduced.

God dammit, I can't trust my friend to get any of his rules right. He said there weren't any drawbacks to summoning. Granted at first we thought any unit with the Daemonic Ritual rule could summon more daemons so needless to say I did not last long when he started using Nurglings to summon hordes of Plaguebearers and a squad of plague rider w/es

I want all of the primarchs to return leading up to a horus and a emperor model release.

>What niche do Termies have this edition?
Deepstrike them deep into enemy territory so they have to focus fire on them rather than firing on other stuff of yours.

Best case scenario, get off a charge out of deepstrike and fuck something up.

But mainly just to threaten backfield objectives, and importan units.

Everything that isn't Imperial is garbage. That and maybe Tau and Eldar.

Symbolism plus it prevents more clones from being made.