Tyranids vs. Pokémon

A single, small Tyranid Hive ship of Leviathan, badly wounded after an explosive clash against the Imperium, manages to fire spores containing a few tens of thousands of Nids onto the world of Pokémon before expiring. What happens, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/izhmOma_3dc
youtube.com/watch?v=J0ldO87Pprc
reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/691y5c/respect_the_lawnmower_pokemon_anime_pikachus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone is killed and consumed by the nids

God I love threads where people confuse Pokemon's being oriented towards kids to mean that Pokemon are weak.

Nids get shrek'd

Some glorious bastard manages to capture a hive tyrant or something.

What type would they be though? Bug/psychic?

>Bug/Psychic
Spot on.

Also, Arceus, the god pokemon swoops down and obliterates the nids.

Or they take a step too close to a magmar

The Tyranids go missing, and are presumed eaten (or worse) by the locals.

I'd try and catch me a maleceptor.

nids would be a local problem for a dew months untill a few proper trainers swung around and either started catching them or if they cant, then making them Former Tyranids
or what said about one of the dozen legendaries just farting at them

ghost type nids made after they get wiped out would be cool tho

You know what? Let's make an evolution like for Tyranids.
Starting with Rippers, they either become a termagant or termagant depending on if attack or special attack is higher.

Pokemon powerlevels aren't well defined.

An Ember might be a moment of heat, or it might be a short flamethrower blast in it's own right.

Pokemon battles might be light spars with health indicating safe damage tolerance, or they might be desperate fights with health indicating the upper limit of a pokemon's ability to function.

Legendaries may just be strong, or they might be planet busters in their own right.

>Damn it Jimmy, I wanted to catch that Carnifex!

People seem to forget that there are Pokemon that literal incarnations of time, space and antimatter.

>what happens
You gotta catch 'em all, that's what happens.

Nids are actually very useless without their massive hiveships, since most of the Tyranid units can't really do anything besides fight. Basic tyranid warriors and shit don't even eat, they literally just kill and kill and then get reabsorbed into the hivefleet to be reused later.

So genestealers probably go absolutely crazy on the human population who have no way of knowing how to deal with it until one of the hive splinters show up and fucks everything.

>What happens, Veeky Forums?

See, this is quite an interesting question because while I don't know "too" much about the 'Nids I DO know quite a lot about the Pokemon 'verse and what fp says: couldn't be further from the truth.

The least interesting response is the most obvious one: Arceus gallops down from heaven, summons forth the various administrative creatures it has created (namely: Dialga of time, Palkia of space, and and Giratina of antimatter) to come rectify any problem or disturbance within it's creation. Arceus is not a vacant or absent God: Arceus has proven to be invested and interested in the grand scheme of it's dimension right down to the personal lives and safety of it's creatures.
Arceus might even be so enclined as to EXPERIMENT with the Tyranids: pull their genetics apart, see what makes them tick, reverse engineer, and make it's own creation that more grandeur- Arceus isn't above plagiarizing other dimensions creatures for it's own use.

On a more personal level though, I think conflict between Tyranids and Pokemon would be quite interesting as while Tyranids adapt, evolve, consume, etc, in real time: Pokemon as well become personally stronger, evolve, and adapt on an individual basis. While Pokemon 'do' come with species-designated weaknesses, archetypes, and abilities; they grow and develop as individuals in real time to the trauma that's exposed to them and then this information can be directly pass down to future generations.... The other interesting factor is that some species of Pokemon are capable of paranormal abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, some being actual fucking ghosts, with all psychic Pokemon possessing sapience on par or even occasionally greater than Humans.... Not even mentioning the weirdness that is Pokemon-verse Humans.

>what is the amphelion project
>what is Ghorala
Tyranids can build up their numbers without hive ships, and even create hive tyrants and bew bioships with just the resources found on planets

According to older fluff, termagaunts evolved into warriors, and warriors are the basis for pretty much every other specialized Tyranid creature

Y’know, this might actually be one of the fairer fights. Nids curbstomp everything, but there are ten year olds walking around with literal gods in their back pockets.

With it being a weakened force, I’d give it to the pokemon. You’d probably need more than a few biotitans to take down some of the more powerful box legends.

The other thing I'd like to mention about Pokemon is (much like the Tyranids in a way) they evolve, grow, develop, and become more fierce and 'militarized' in response to conflict. Pokemon in the wild simply do not get as strong or develop the unique mutations and overwhelmingly powerful abilities of their captured counterparts who've been caught, trained, and introduced to a life of constant battle. The Tyranids would make landfall and would have to deal with an entire environment of creatures capable of adapting, physically maturing, and dramatically mutating in response to their level antagonization; where in the longer the conflict went on the more specialized the Pokemon around them would become.

That's not even getting into the Humans themselves, it's incredibly important to remember that while Humans aren't as powerful, diverse, or as adaptable as Pokemon are; we're clearly not dealing with ordinary Humans. Pokemon-verse Humans can be psychic, can physically develop to be as powerful as some fighting-types, and are capable of learning a number of different Pokemon moves ranging from normal, dark, poison, and psychic types just to name a few. Humans have fought, killed, eaten, made war with, made societies with, created, and even married Pokemon through out the history of their civilization.
I would compare the physical prowess and abilities of Pokemon Humans with that of Orks: Humans were fighting these monsters with fucking swords and spears in ye olde times after all and they even have access to Weird Boyz/Psykers.

The legendary power levels at least have some definition.
Reshiram/Zekrom are described as able to destroy the entire region with their flames/electricity in BW.

Also, the Pokemon world isn't new to alien threats. There are multiple cases of pokemon and humans working together to fight the dangers from the void. The most infamous one being the destruction of the meteorite by Mega Rayquaza. And I doubt the nids can fight in space as well as Mega Rayquaza, specially if it is aided by a human trainer and other space-faring pokemon like Deoxys or Jirachi.

The Nids are already running from the POKEMON... that is why their invading the galaxy.

Mewtwo exerts his power to take command of the hive mind. This is taking place during the first movie instead of the clones. How do things go from there?

*unsheathes kartana*
*teleports behind your bio-titan*
Pssh... Nothin personel... Kid.

*breathes slightly warm air on you*

Who would be the hungriest one, Guzzlord or the Tyranid Swarm?

There are Pokémon that are hotter than the sun just by standing around and even Magikarp can shatter all your bones and splat you like an insect just by jumping at you. That fucker can jump over a fucking mountain.
I think it's safe to say that, outside of complete Shitmon like Sunflora, many mons can just completely wreck Nids. And even those often can learn stuff like Solar Beam or Hyper Beam.
It's a shonen setting, those tend to fuck everything up the ass by complete accident.

Would people mistake the nids at first with Golisopods? They do look very alike.

>Pokémon that are hotter than the sun
Do you understand, the implications, of what would happen if there was even a single thing on the planet that was not just equal to BUT ALMOST TWICE AS HOT AS THE SURFACE OF THE FUCKING SUN?

Pokemon is a hell of a drug.

>pokemon vs nids
Fuck, I love Veeky Forums

I do. Gamefreak doesn't. And Pokémon is a Shonen World, so everything is fine.
I mean, it's not like Tyranids have the high ground when it comes to realism either.

You do realize that we already have living creatures RIGHT THIS second that can create those kinds of temperatures?

Yes, that mantis Shrimp packs quite a punch. GW should have made a tyranid bioform inspired on that.

The pokedex should be taken with several thousand tons of salt and only for very rough indications. For fuck's sake it can't even get basic things like height right. Compare Latias ingame and in the Dex below, at about 13:33. Same game, even.

youtu.be/izhmOma_3dc

The body temperature of, and a pinpoint for a moment are two vastly different things, and the pokemon is still allegedly much hotter regardless.

The ingame sizes aren't great measures considering gen 6 was the gen that used all the short chibi models.

It still remains that according to the events of the game two people comfortably rode a pokemon smaller than the shorter of the two.

What would their defence against FEAR (Focus sash, Endeavor, quick Attack, Rattata) mons and their variations be?

10 000 kelvins really isn't all THAT hot.

*lights a cigarette* you look a little... heated. **Flicks cigarette at your general direction.**

FEAR is a gimmic that only works once on a person. The next time they see a level one mon, they're going to try and set up or toxic it.

Depends, are the pokemon like they are in the anime and manga where they are mostly just animals with weird abilities? Can they not kill like in the anime? If so nids stomp with ease

If we go off what their descriptions say (but we never really see) then the nids are in for a real fight, however once they start digesting and extracting pokemon dna, nids win.

While I agree that the pokemon universer is one of OP shit in it's own right, I doubt they'd have an answer to orbital bombardment. In a land war, they could put up a nice fight, and maybe even push back, but nids only starts land war when they know they already took the advantage by bombarding with spore mine the ever living shit of the planet.

Could a pokemon protect against that?

or maybe you could, you know, place 5000 woobuffet on a city and use counter before the mines touch the ground.

>in this thread: manchildren going "muh speciul snowflake"

Most legendaries, and specially Rayquaza, can move freely through the stratosphere. Even tyranids have problem moving at the speed legendaries move through the atmosphere and the void. Plus, they could always use that weapon from X/Y, or just have Hoopa open portals to throw the biospores into the surface of the Sun.

And if everything happens, they could have Celeby and Dialga travel back in time to prepare for the invasion.

They do have a higher ground, if you assume that they get 99 percent of their energy needs from photosynthesis performed by the hive ships, and need biomass mostly for just raw material from which to make more of themselves. Psychic shenanigans is just an aspect of the setting so that gets a pass.

>Could a pokemon protect against that?

There are at least several species of Pokemon that live in the upper atmosphere and or the orbit of the Pokemon world's main planet, including: Lunatone & Solrock, and Minior. Porygon2 was, in fact, specifically developed to survive and travel through space, though; this was only within the capacity for aiding humans in space maintenance, repairs, and exploration.
None of these Pokemon, though, are really quite aggressive or built for 'killing' things outright; they're all floating rocks or objects and aren't predators by nature (they eat minerals, substrate, and collect energy from the sun), so I'd imagine they'd be little more than nuisances; unless that is the Tyranids don't possess any weapons for small, anti-personal, or space-walking equipment to deal with such a threat then it could become a problem.
Colonies of Miniors could gravitate and pile up around their ships to nibble on the outside of it like termites or barnacles if they're not killed/chased off.

The main threat, though, would be Rayquaza as other Anons have already mentioned in detail. Rayquaza is a very serious threat.

How good are the Tyranid at discerning their own kind from imposters?
Ditto's can turn into any creature or inanimate object at will and then possess whatever physical qualities, shape, special abilities, etc, that creature had. I think the only flaw is that this transformation is a 'conscious' effort on the Ditto and they can falter: become scared, changing back into a ditto, or even just having their 'face' revert back to their stupid Ditto face (I think it's stated that most Ditto can't actually change their face and that in particular is more about their personal skill).

The majority of pods are intercepted and destroyed in transit. Pokemon has a lot of powerful elemental forces explicitly dedicated to upholding the natural order. I'm assuming Nids would be Bug/Dark due to the whole Shadow In The Warp thing.

But there are so many variants of the FEAR set. Level 1 Aron with Sturdy and Shell Bell lacks any form of priority, but it is immune to Toxic and Sandstorm and it's reusable. Tailow and Kangaskahn can hit even intangible ghostly nids.

Hell, even Funbro can just stall out infinitely.

Okay, so how would the nids be able to realistically take down Mega Rayquaza? It can fly through space, it can move extremely fast, it's extremely powerful, it has a lot of moves effective against bug and psychic, has enough power and authority co intimidate Groudon and Kyogre into stop fighting...

Genestealers and poke balls. They’ll also need to make some super sexy genestealer hybrids to get humans to breed with them instead of all the semen demons in Pokémon.

Without a Hive Ship, they can't. The play here would be to eat a lot of Jigglypuff, Clefairy, Snubbull and the like, gain Fairy type biomass, and start creating Fairy type bioforms to launch supereffective attacks on Mega Ray while being immune to his Dragon type moves. But they need a Hive Ship to do that, and they don't have one. Without the power to adapt, Tyrannids lose a lot of their threat.

Tyranids are lost and presumed eaten by local Magikarp.

How the hell are genestealers meant to get near him? He very, very rarely comes close to the ground.

Pokemon humans can survive being thrown hundreds of miles away at a velocity comparable to a fucking rocket. Poke human skin shouldn't be even vulnerable to bullets or Tyranid claws.

Nigga, Dragon Type is the least of Mega-Fugs Strengths.

Yeah, but can you think of a better type to wield against him? Ice brings a whole slew of weaknesses and isn't even 4x on him thanks to Delta Stream. Dragon introduces a weakness to one of his primary types to your own dudes. You could go Steel to resist his STABs, but for a race based around the logical conclusion of the Zerg Rush, trying to tank up your weenies is probably not going to work too well.

Honestly the nids are better off not trying. Or pretending to be normal Pokemon. Everyone in the Pokeverse is stupidly trusting so I don't doubt they could survive if they just played it off as being friendly critters. Dunno if normal nids are smart enough to try a ploy like that, though.

I mean with Ultra-Beasts basically being beings existing between the alternate realities of each Pokemon universe, It means even "Non-pokemon" eventually follow the rules of the Pokemon Universe.

What type would Tyranids be? Poison?

General consensus seems to be Bug/Psychic because of the hivemind or Bug/Dark because of their anti-Psyker properties. It could vary by subspecies as well.

Melee carnifex would be bug/fight. Hormagants and termagants would be pure bug, gargoyles would be bug flying, hive tyrants would be bug psychic, etc.

I thought that Ultra-Beasts were *always* Pokemon though? Just very, very, very ,very fucked up ones.

Christ I don't even know where to begin with this
>or why I bothered to read this thread. Normally I skip the "who wud win a Jedi Master or a Space Marine Chapter XDDDD" threads that come up.

Considering the Pokephiles here are proclaiming the rapid adaptability of their monsters as being Oh so superior to that of Tyranids, I believe an apt comparison would be the Tyranid v Orks conflict in the Octaris sector.
>but chaos
Fuck off, its still undecided.

Things that haven't been mentioned but should;
Tyranid spores that fight on the Molecular level. In the Octaris conflict they were fighting the Ork spores, preventing either side from totally overwhelming the other in numbers. Does the pokeworld have an answer for an invasion not just in the macro, but on the molecular level?

While singular Legendary Pokémon seem to be the go to answer for major conflicts, what about on the smaller individual level. What would the basic battles look like? A Rattata vs a Hormagaunt? Onyx vs a Carnifex?

>just get fucked pokefags

And what do the Tyranids do when Access erases the lot of them from existence itself? Or when Jirachi wishes them out of being? Or when Rayquaza nukes the fuckers out of f the stratosphere? And what odd they do when they end up getting eaten by Ultra-Beasts because they have absolutely *nothing* to protect them from those atrocities?

*Meant Arceus, but the point still stands*.

I think he means to get humans to catch Rayquaza and have him under their command. But I doubt Rayquaza would be dumb enough to not vaporize infected humans, if they get close.

>Tyranid spores that fight on the Molecular level. In the Octaris conflict they were fighting the Ork spores, preventing either side from totally overwhelming the other in numbers. Does the pokeworld have an answer for an invasion not just in the macro, but on the molecular level?

Pokemon literally has machines that instaheal everything in less than ten seconds. With that kind of tech at their disposal, infection by spores would not be that problematic.

>While singular Legendary Pokémon seem to be the go to answer for major conflicts, what about on the smaller individual level. What would the basic battles look like? A Rattata vs a Hormagaunt? Onyx vs a Carnifex?

Considering there are precedents of war in the Pokeworld, there is no reason to assume all the trainers in the world, plus all wild mons smart enough to recognize the threat wouldn't just attack en masse to defend against the nids. Also, for every kind of bio-organism the nids have, there's like 40 different kinds of mon, so variety is on their side.

>There are Pokémon that are hotter than the sun
but what part of the sun?
youtube.com/watch?v=J0ldO87Pprc

Daily reminder that a single C'tan shard, which should be at the same level as Mewtwo or any of the legendary pokemon, laid waste to swarm after swarm of Tyranids. Nothing the Tyranids possessed could stop its rampage that spanned multiple planets. Heck, it demolished a biotitan with contemptuous ease. The titan scale weaponry of the Tyranid titans were useless against.

Ergo, Tyranids cannot beat the pokemon world which has multiple creatures and entities matching the power of the C'tan.

How would shadow of the warp interact with psychic type pokemon and pokemon in genreal?

Since psychic pokemon don't draw their power from the Warp, then there is no interaction.

I think it's reasonable to assume they might gain some sort of Psychic resistance granting ability in the Pokeverse. Biomatter Over Mind, maybe.

Like Orks, the Waaaaagh is psykic in nature as a force born from orks themselves. Psychic mons would work on a similar way.

some madman tries to breed a shiny swarmlord

I wonder how Galactus would react to these C’tan if he does at all.

>Tries to breed a shiny carnifex
>Fails 259 times
>Releases each failed carnifex
>259 carnifexes running around
>Ecosystem fucked beyond recognition

I wonder how he'd fair against doom of malantai

Galactus is already subordinate to that most hideous of eldritch entities, Mykk E'maws, destroyer of both the Marvel and Star Wars universes, so it's nothing new to him.

GW should release a Pokemon army codex. A list of individual snowflakes, each with their own attacks, buffs and powers, alongside a range of cartoony, day-glow painted, overpriced models. This would be completely revolutionary for the 40k franchise.

>Since psychic pokemon don't draw their power from the Warp, then there is no interaction.

Different user, but lets just assume for the sake of the argument that it just nullifies or tampers with psychic abilities. If we're going to henpeck everything there won't be anything to discuss as Arceus could/can at any moment simply exterminate all the Tyranids.

>How would shadow of the warp interact with psychic type pokemon and pokemon in genreal?

It would outright kill the species of Pokemon who've become too specialized and dependent on their psychic abilities to survive without them. Pokemon such as The Musharna line, Reuniclus line, and Unown would all fall out of the sky and immediately die- they can't function without psychic powers. Some (Solrock, Lunatone, The Metagross line) wouldn't die instantly, but they would eventually from starvation or predation due to being made defenseless/immobilized. Many others, though, would simply be reduced to 'mundane' animals and while they wouldn't be completely defenseless: they would not pose a serious threat to Tyranid forces.

This would also severely hinder many of the Pokemons more supernatural abilities such as teleportation, telekinesis, interdimensional travel, telepathy, and precognition (future sight). Keep in mind that while this would immensely aid the Tyranid forces and tilt the conflict in their favor: they would still have to deal with the physical qualities and abilities of many Pokemon whom don't rely on psychic powers. Luigia's have psychic powers, but when deprived of them they can still regenerate, breath high pressure water, dragon flames, as well as localized tidal & weather control.

>Trying to fuck with the planet from space
They're gonna get fug'd

>GW makes a Pokemon army for 40K.
>Pokemon fans flocking to 40K bring umpecedented profits and becomes the best selling army for years.
>The game becomes fully focused onPokemon, with all factions adapted with some mons.
>YFW TPP becomes 40K canon.

Will their lawyers survive?

All psychic pokemon either die or go crazy from the Shadow in the Warp for one thing.

Pokéxeno

Licensing is one hell of a drug. Just imagine Nintendo, Pokemon Co. and GW manage to make a deal to make it happen. Money would rain from the sky.

Seeing at how profitable amiibos were, high quality easily available pokémon models would bring half the world to bankruptcy

Pokemon types aren't biological, especially not the most spiritual of them all.

>Pokemon types aren't biological, especially not the most spiritual of them all.

Y-yes they are though?
I'm confused why you would think otherwise, would you mind elaborating on why you think they aren't?

>That pic

Can´t the psychic might of the Hive mind produce like a fascimile of that spiritual natur, or create mutations and passively-on psychic powers that replicate their ablities?
If they´re stranded without a hive ship, I doubt they can put out that much psy power, though.

I meant to reply to

The legendarywank, while not entirely undeserved, is grossly ignoring how things usually play out, that is to say a kid has to go do it while the legends thumbs are up their asses.

Something that is being ignored though is that Grass types are immune to spore attacks, and Grass is one of the more frequent types.
>Finally a benefit to being Grass

This is super interesting, I think. I would consider both Psychic Pokemon to be some amount connected to the Warp if we're mashing the two settings together, and effects come out on a species by species basis, as well as relative to Special Defence stats, as that governs this kind of thing. Alakazam is up shit creek, for instance. Secondary types are also a relevant question, like what effect does Fairy have when injected into the Warp via a half Psychic typing? What about Ghost?

Also Dark types. Are they an even more literal Shadow in the Warp? What does this do to the Nids?

At the lowest level the Nids most likely overwhelm the Wild Pokemon and people, with areas faring better either due to the presence of specific species/types, high level Pokemon, or both. But the real fight comes from the Trainers and League representatives. How that goes depends on whether the Nids brought the tone of their setting with them or not.

Stat it, Veeky Forums

reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/691y5c/respect_the_lawnmower_pokemon_anime_pikachus/