/swg/ Cute droids edition

Last Thread: →

Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>Someone reported the Mega, it's gone now, RIP.

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4
Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Do you plan on getting into Legion? Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GuUopTPgjOI
youtube.com/watch?v=mR65v4fDqOc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's a big guy.

Anyone here still playing Decipher's old CCG? The hidden humor tidbits in the card lore still surprises me to this day.

Name a more aesthetic battlecruiser design, ill wait

Hard to do when you can't even really tell what that one looks like.

>check out nucanon
>"wow this shit sucks time to go back to when star wars was actually good"
>check out eucanon again
>95% of it sucks shit too
>

Am I just a cynical asshole, or were things outside the OT really never good to begin with?

The EU has the benefit of volume. With so much content, you're bound to have some great stuff amongst the garbage, and it's easy to ignore the bad stuff.

Nucanon hasn't hit that critical mass yet; none of it is as bad as the worst of the EU, and none of it is as good as the best.

Alright, /swg/. My PCs have picked up a heavily damaged holocron and are trying to reactivate it. I figured that I'd show its damage by making the internal Jedi Master hologram completely off its rocker. Anyone got some nonsensical, faux-zen bullshit koans to offer?

People forget that for every Thrawn Trilogy there were 5 Courtship of Princess Leias.

The good thing with the old EU is that you could tape together a coherent narrative with just the good stuff (at least, up to a certain chronological point) because the essential establishing bits (and WEG was a HUGE help here) were fundamentally solid. The issue with the newcanon books is that a lot of the really bad stuff is ALSO the bedrock establishing material for the newcanon setting

youtube.com/watch?v=GuUopTPgjOI

>you have to be lost to find a place as can't be found
> A man with one watch knows the time. A man with two is never sure.
> Have you ever seen a bee on vacation?
>Man is just an animal trying to figure out how to kill time through his days.
> Fate and destiny are but two sides of a worthless coin
>you have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.
>Remember, the living are just the dead on holiday,
>Chocolate Coated Truth Tastes Better
>When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the line of darkness
>To walk the path of peace, we must be prepared to climb the mountain of conflict
>How do you think the unthinkable?
>Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
>Time and tide melts the snowman
>Good news wears no clothes
>When the road before you splits in two, take the third path.
>tomorrow, today will be yesterday
>It is not love, but the will to love that counts.
>How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
>Pants are an illusion, and so is death.
>Sometimes clouds have two sides, a dark and light, and a silver lining in between.
>it takes two to lie: one to lie, and one to listen
>you can observe a lot just by watching.
>Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

>old force sensitive has had the light side and dark side playing tug of war with his brain for decades
>snaps and goes batshit crazy
>becomes a morally ambiguous metaphysical seeker with an angel complex who sets out in the galaxy to ask the question "What doth the Force?"

The force is three pounds of flax

>every statement he makes is accompanied by a windflute motif

youtube.com/watch?v=mR65v4fDqOc

Less than 40% of old EU is shit. And even then it's subjective. Pretty sure everyone can agree from Empireboos to muh dehmocracay people that NuCanon is absolute bullshit.

>lmao an evil dictator took over because we didnt have a military to he preyed on that
>let's not have a military again xD

Oh look, it's this guy again.

>an evil dictator took over because he had a galactic-spanning military answering to him and him alone
>let's diversify our military around our member worlds so nobody can do that so easily again

I'd go full Clippy mode, offering the best advice for the wrong things at the most inappropriate times.
>You appear to be fighting Imperial Stormtroopers, would you like some help with that? By taking the hyperdrive route off the Daragon trail, you can cut at least 20% off your time to Coruscant

I'm pretty sure he took over because he had overwhelmingly popular and senatorial support and was voted democratically into an elevated level of power.

And because he had the Grand Army of the Republic kill everyone who could have opposed him in one fell swoop, replacing their entire command structure with him.

You mean they killed the Jedi Order, his sworn ideological enemies who tried to assassinate Palpatine, deceptive circumstances notwithstanding, while the galaxy at large sided with him willingly.

heh. qt kt.

4-U

Oh look, it's Story Group shill #12435.

They haven't diversified anything. They literally don't have a fleet to draw upon. The NR died with a single shot of Starkiller Base, and in Episode 5-... I mean 8, there'll only be a Resistance. NR fell as quickly as the Empire did in a contrived move.

>5 Jedi tried to arrest me because I'm a fucking Sith
>this means that every single one of them around the galaxy, even the ones that are currently in the middle of combat fighting for the republic, needs to die

If the Republic had an existing Army, there would be no need for the Clone Army which was programmed with absolute loyalty to Sheev and nobody else. There wouldn't be an Order 66 without specifically the Clone Army because it was one of their many programmed orders.

We'll see in a month, now won't we?

>inb4 "lol abandoning the argument!"

Literally nothing I can say can convince you otherwise, and it's hard to bring up backing evidence when it hasn't been fucking released yet.

Agreed, we'll see in a month.

I'm actually fucking hoping I'm wrong though, I don't want the NR to just disappear as stupidly as the Empire did.

>In the EU you could look at Courtship or Crystal Star and say "yeah no" and ignore it, because ultimately it had no real connection to anything else. The EU had lots and lots and lots of horrid horrid shit, but so much of was so disconnected and detached from everything else that you could ignore it ever existed and lose literally nothing in your understanding of the universe.

The Sunkiller. Admiral Daala. I fucking wish I could ignore those two.

It's even made clear that's the case because EAFront2 is directly tied in with those horrible Aftermath books.

>Pretty sure everyone can agree that NuCanon is absolute bullshit.

To reiterate what an user said a few threads back, I think the one thing that's hard for fans to disagree on is that nucanon is shit, pretty objectively in many ways.

The EU is filled with tons of really really horridly shitty stories, but when it comes to things like Crystal Star or Courtship, you can look at it and say "yeah no" and ignore it, because they're so detached and disconnected from the universe at large. So many EU stories were so self-contained that they can be ignored and literally nothing is lost from your understanding of the universe as a whole.

With NuCanon, you can't do that, because Disney is so heavily reliant on external authors this time around and each story is interwoven into the fabric of the universe as as a whole, and the books are connected to one another in the continuity. This was Disney's established goal after all, and while on paper it sounds good as opposed to the clusterfuck we got with the EU, it can fuck things up just as bad if there isn't a high quality standard, and in this case, there's not. The best books are just average, and the worst books are about as shitty as the shittiest of EU stories, and you can't ignore them, because all of it makes up the foundation of nucanon. The bedrock as an above user said.

The morality argument is a good example of common ground in this manner. The Empire in nucanon is stupidly evil, and this should piss off people who think it's evil because the writing is so cartoonish and inane that it's comical. If you think the Empire isn't evil and/or is good, it should piss you off because now there's not even a debate or argument to be had, as its explicit purpose is to cause suffering and be evil, which itself is horridly shitty writing.

If there's two things argumentative and highly opinionated fans can agree on, it's that Jar Jar sucks and Nu-Canon blows.

Reworded my post some.

>implying Papa Palpatine wouldn't burn down Naboo just on general principles

Sheev burning shit down isn't what I find so unreasonable, it's that a bunch of respected Admirals would follow the word of a droid. A droid that could've been hacked, compromised, especially with the Rebels' noted Bothan spies that got the DS2 plans. It's also that a bunch of Imperials didn't go off on their own and be warlords, especially now that the chain of command is gone.

>shit i gotta kill these guys because they're sworn to kill me based on religious views because if they find out about me taking power they'll kill me because of religious views
>they do

I mean, Palpatine wasn't exactly wrong in this regard. Do you really think every other Jedi would've been fine and dandy with a Sith lord being in a major galactic position? In an alternate universe with Sith being the majority and a Jedi taking power, the same thing would've happened.

>Palpatine's home planet which he treated very well in canon and greatly expanded cultural monuments and built palaces for himself and Vader
>he just burns it down for no reason in nucanon because we have to have a contrived reason for the first order exisitng

Fuck the fucking First Order.

They were a select number of officers that Palpatine knew were fanatically loyal, and the droids came with the kind of clearance codes you couldn't fake.

>implying
user, Naboo was unlike Palpatine in every way. They were horrified of him, and he enjoyed lording that over them. Even in the old canon they didn't like being the Emperor's homeworld, or did you try to blot from your mind the massive celebrations on Naboo when he died?

>They were a select number of officers that Palpatine knew were fanatically loyal, and the droids came with the kind of clearance codes you couldn't fake.
So we should see the others breaking off, some going off on their own as Imperial Remnants. Not fucking joining the New Republic because HEY GOOD GUYS ALL ON ONE SIDE BAD GUYS ALL ON THE OTHER

>user, Naboo was unlike Palpatine in every way.
>muh peaceful Naboo
>he fell for the Padme propaganda

Sheev embodied Naboo. All the politicking and backstabbing and corruption he used to take over the Republic he learned from not only from Plagueis but from living on Naboo as an aristocrat. That's how it's like in Legends anyway, in NuCanon we have generic good guy planets and generic bad guy planets.

>massive celebrations when the emperor died
I'm not sure anything in the special editions actually counts. If it did, we'd have to consider that Han, Jabba and Greedo are all complete morons for having the exact same conversation twice in a span of about 10 minutes.

>That's how it's like in Legends anyway, in NuCanon we have generic good guy planets and generic bad guy planets.
user, that's how it was in the fucking movies. You're letting your hatred of Disney blind you from how it really was.

>They were so fanatically loyal to Palpatine that when a random droid showed up and gave them orders they followed it and it couldn't have been faked because it couldn't have been faked!
mfw

>Even in the old canon they didn't like being the Emperor's homeworld
Most people ignore the celebrations that George added in as an afterthought because they're stupid, among the many stupid things he added. A galaxy cheering the death of its leader en masse hours after he died and somehow finding out about it made no sense then and it makes no sense now, and Naboo wasn't really unhappy with Palps in the first place. There were a lot of loyalists more than happy to be his crown jewel, and aside from the Gungans he treated Naboo quite nicely, and if the more miscellaneous notes in the EU are anything to go off of he admired its beauty and spent a good deal of his time relaxing there.

Again, no precedence anywhere that he'd try to blow it up for no reason. Even if you sincerely think Palpatine was the evillest motherfucker to ever live, there's still no possible justification to write him as blowing up the planet he actually loved.

I think you need to rewatch the movies.

They have some scene on a rich planet. Seems like there may be some republic remnants there.

>>They were so fanatically loyal to Palpatine that when a random droid showed up and gave them orders they followed it and it couldn't have been faked because it couldn't have been faked!

user, this is Star Wars. There are these things called "clearance codes" that identify you and your messages. You can even use more than one at the same time! The ones the Emperor would use presumably are the ones that can't be faked.

There aren't any bad guy planets pre-Disney, though. You have some shitholes like Tatooine, and several planets that could be considered "collaborator planets," but we never see an actual planet full of bad guys.

What are you even saying at this point?

Can't be faked despite the rebels having access to the Death Star itsellf?

That the codes being produced by a droid the Emperor would only dispatch in the event of his death are probably more heavily encrypted and secure than the ones the Imperial Navy uses to shunt progress reports to HQ with.

see Actually, he seems to have been fine with the Gungans too. Jar Jar was noted as being an Imperial ally. The extreme anti-alien campaigns being done as more than just political propaganda only happened in Outer Rim worlds where no one was looking. Of course in nucanon Jar Jar is just a street clown on Theed because LMAO F*CK GEORGE AND F*CK PREQUEL PEOPLE

Alderaan.

This.

>Alderaan eventually became a safe haven for rebellious elements who wished to fight the growing oppression of the Empire, which helped bring on the planet's very downfall.
>When Bail Organa, Garm Bel Iblis, and Mon Mothma formally created the Rebel Alliance, many Alderaanians volunteered their resources and lives, despite the still fresh memories of the Clone Wars. Many of the early warriors of the Alliance, and subsequently, many of its leaders and officers, were Alderaanian.

>you have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.
Zuko's Iroh is the best

>By all known laws of aviation, a Toydarian should not be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground...

What's your opinion of Kylo's Tie?
Personally I don't like it.
>Uninspired interceptor and tie adv lovechild
>ugly square cockpit design that is exactly where the iconic part of the design SHOULDN'T differ in my personal opinion
>Doesn't stay in line with the white panels like their other new ties
Really dissapointing desu.

>never get involved in a land war in Felucia

Forgot pic

>uninspired
Boy, you got that right - but isn't that all of the 'new' designs?
I'm not mad at Disney.... I'm just disappointed.

To be perfectly honest family, the only real Disney era design I've loved so far is the Rebelized Raider.

I like a lot of the designs from Rogue One, but the new trilogy has very little in the way of 'original' designs.

In a strange way, it feels appropriate; more than anything else, it reminds me of 90s-early 2000s mustangs and cameros, like a cheap restricted first-party knock-off trying and failing to replicate the glory days, driven by a manchild obsessed with nostalgia for an era he's never seen

Not like the actual folks who designed it thought of that, but in a strange way it's fitting

The gungans were aboriginals who were hiding from the Naboo humans. When the jedi find them, they are initially hostile, but as soon as they are actually decent people and explain themselve, the gungans GIVE THEM A FUCKING VEHICLE in order to help them. The gungans are literally the only good group on Naboo. Padme herself was a literal sheltered princess, and didn't represent her people as a whole.

Yea, just like those clearance codes they use at Endor! Totally fool-proof!

>Check out the Han Solo mission in BFII
>You overhear that GNK Droids are out of production as of 5 ABY
Truly, this is the worst timeline.

This is the reason I don't play SW games.

U-wing looks great imo

So i'd like to try Comm Relay+Intensity TIE/SF's. I tried it out yesterday with a pair of Omegas and Inquisitor, and found it useful for soaking an alpha strike- one of them ended up dying quickly, but the other one was able to keep reloading that token and stay alive well. I'm thinking that the best place to put this combo is on a named TIE/SF- Either Backdraft because you don't want to chase him and he already flies like that, or Quickdraw because those shields are precious and it could help me survive alphas and in late-game.

I'm thinking of 2 lists- Thoughts on them.

Quickdraw (Intensity, Comms, FCS, LWF, Title)-38

And either (Backdraft with same gear, Omega Leader) for triple comm relay aces

Or (3x Omega Squadron TIE/fo with Weapons Guidance and Crack Shot) to put pressure on people who try to go after QD early.

Really hoping Legion is good. From the play videos I’ve seen should be easy enough to coach my girl friend and little brother through. Also I missed out on knight models boba fett and really want one for legion.

The codes that were explicitly noted as being old but still technically valid? The ones that are also noted to have been released specifically to entrap the Rebel forces?

And again, the clearance codes for the messenger droids were far beyond any known Imperial codes the Rebels had access to. And on top of that, it required a multi-stage authentication from the commanders receiving the message.

As we've gone over this several times over the past few threads, this isn't some simple thing where the droid walks onto the ship, announces the orders, and leaves. And it's not given to every single commander, either, only a small, specific number of them chosen directly to proceed with the operation.

does this mean Rebel Raider model for xwing?

Because damn my xmas list just got longer

The MC75 was pretty dope.

On a side note, the Raider in Battlefront carries TIEs, right? Is that a standard feature, or was it a special modification for that Raider in particular?

It's a mod. The standard Raider is just a gunship - though in Armada you can equip them with a hanger bay upgrade.

>Do you plan on getting into Legion?
Yep, although I'm struggling with how to paint my Stormtroopers.

Default white is basic but also annoying to do, but idk about red or whatever, and there's no way I'm good enough for painting camo.

The MC-75 is wonderful. It looks great as a flagship, it shows its "civilian ship converted for war" roots in its design, and I really hope it isn't shit in Armada.

I like it, but I don't love it.

The U-Wing looks *right* flying with a bunch of X-Wings.

What's in do in X-Wing, speaking of? I'm assuming it'll come to Armada in Wave 8 or 9, but I've no clue what role they could give it that would make people use it as it's used on screen without justing making it a better X-Wing or YT-1300. Maybe some combination of Escort, decent dice, and Relay 1; or something?

In X-Wing mostly it does nothing, which is kind of the problem.

Well, it's a Rebel Lambda, and in that regard, it has white turns so it's infinitely superior. And it has this ability to pop a 180 on a stop, but that's very telegraphed. So basically it's a support ship which lacks the killer app to support. It really should have Coordinate, or some great crew.

Anyway, it looks like Armada has it's direct Lambda parallel on the Rebels (interesting they used the VCX there), so a U-Wing will probably be different. It's armed with torpedoes in X-Wing, so it might have a better anti-ship attack or Bomber. They're also pretty small, wing-span aside, it might not be Heavy like a VCX or Lambda.

>It's armed with torpedoes in X-Wing, so it might have a better anti-ship attack or Bomber. They're also pretty small, wing-span aside, it might not be Heavy like a VCX or Lambda.

I was thinking something like: 5 hull, 3 blue / 1 blue, speed 3, Escort, relay 1, 13 points.

But accounting for torpedoes would imply giving it a better anti-ship attack, which makes that statline tough to reconcile.

>5 hull, 3 blue / 1 blue, speed 3, Escort, relay 1, 13 points

Why escort? It's transport/gunship.

Because it would get it fielded alongside stands of X-Wings, and justify its cost (can't make relay too cheap).

My issue with escort is you are now adding a source of relay that can get damage mitigation off of Biggs, which snowballs with Jan.

I mean yeah, but outside of absurdly large biggs balls, the VCX's 8 hull + Jan would be more survivable anyways.

I don't have any droid pictures to post, just fighters droids go in.

Wave 7 has the Mandolorian Gauntlet Fighters, which have two ability icons on their base which could be anything, because they're not icons currently in the game. Lots of people are calling them boarding icons. U-Wings doing that would also make a lot of sense.

What are some good sources for in-universe music? My players are getting tired of hearing the same tracks at every Cantina they go to.

Beastie Boys.

Kinds slow in here today. What would liven the thread up?

People are always asking about squadron ideas, what if we did astromech quirk ideas?

I hate a lot of things about TFA.
Abrams bringing that fucking shit in ranks surprisingly high.
I don't even have anything against BB as a musical group it just feels. Fucking wrong. Like putting your tabletop-tier dumb joke nobody but the people in your group would laugh at or think is witty (which is fine in that context) into the fucking canon.

I feel the exact same way about his Trek movies - yeah, sure, the band is fine, but there's zero reason for you to reference them or have characters listen to them when there's been global nuclear war that literally reset humanity's tech levels in the centuries between BB's existence and the time the movie takes place.

Maybe triple Juke/Comms TIE/fo's and Inquisitor?

It's too action intensive to be more effective than PA+Crackshot.

>never ever getting a model
Why even live?

The Imperial Raider is also Top Tier design though.

>future history
>but people still listen to music from the early 21st century

I hate this meme

The cockpit is the part I like, since it actually improves the visibility the pilot has. you can look up and see shit.

If your PCs fly U-wings, Creedence Clearwater Revival is considered acceptable, if not outright mandatory.

The raider is pretty but the wedge makes little sense on a ship of that size, and I have never understood how the gun mountings are supposed to work.

Anachronistic music can still be acceptable every once in a blue moon.

The guns are retractable

Why are Duros so perfect?

Don't wanna veer this further into star trek general but even fucking playing BB during the climax of the last trekflick doesn't hold a candle to the complete lack of subtlety STD has and it's somehow the turd cherry on that entire shitpile