Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1881: Palindrome Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gW513E8_6I
jumpchain.wordpress.com/2017/11/13/world-61-the-light-of-terra-part-10/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=-gW513E8_6I

What?

user asked. I responded.

So how powerful they where? Why did you fight? How did you meet?

Posting Wip for feedback. Scenarios are done, I just didn't put them here.

But why? Are these alternate supervillain versions? What would that even be like? How are they a threat?

Weren't you making Daggerfall?

If English doesn't have weird time shit, she's a disgrace to the name and deserves to be killed.
Also, how does this look?
>More Competent than Anyone would have thought: -200
>A dwarf with an “interest” in plant life whose holy symbol is an extreme teen bible. A rather stupid elf named Taako who used to run a cooking show. A human carpenter who’s afraid of spiders. You wouldn’t think that these people would be the ones to save the world, yet they manage it regardless. You share the same kind of air of disregardability, making it easy for people, particularly your enemies, to underestimate you. While the effect will quickly go away once you demonstrate your skill, until then they’ll likely view you as a non threat.

What has changed?

>Daggerfall

I don't even know what's that.

No, I was doing this, DAL and Arifureta too, but I haven't seen Fuanon and Satan these days.

Almost everything. Some of the items and the Loveary perk are mostly the same.

what are some street level jumps that make you bullet proof

>But why?

Hunger Games, Jump 2.
I'm not gonna let some assholes get ahead of me in the jumping line.
So I did what I had to.

So what do ya'll think of doubling down on certain drawbacks that bring unwanted attention. Such as if you have one big bad hunting you, why not double down and take the same drawback twice fro extra points and fun? A yandere drawback? Why not take it twice for the love triangle? Is this something anyone else does or is it frowned upon?

How are any of those people supposed to exist in that universe?

Jumpers, what did you call yourselves during Sidereals? What were the names of your Sidereal Companions?

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone do it and it seems like the sort of thing you could abuse.

Eh.
If the drawback says it can be taken multiple times, sure. Otherwise, I'd leave that to the realm of houserules and fanwank. And besides the fact, in the first instance where there's only one big bad in the setting ever - why would taking it twice give you anything? There's only one BBEG.

I sometimes do the opposite, cut down the points it gives you by half and make it so its not that bad

You would still cap out your drawback limit. That could limit abuse.

In Wheel of Time there is a drawback that makes you a target of the Forsaken. They are the devil's generals. If I took it twice would have two ancient evil bastards after me instead of just one.

...It is generally noted when a drawback can be taken more than once. Sometimes what you're talking about works out just fine, but in some jumps the extra points from having just one more powerful person wanting your head on a platter easily makes up for the danger.

Sidereals was InNomine, not Wakfu.

and InNomine's gone anyway so it doesn't matter, and Sidereals can be replaced.

Really? Is InNomine still around?

He left because of rampant shitposting at the time

This is pretty smart, and I'm going to add it to the alt-chain builder.

>InNomine's gone anyway
Dammit.
>Sidereals can be replaced.
I don't believe you. Besides, would rather see an update to the current jump than a new one.

Seems like it'd just let people get the max points by doubling up on drawbacks they can handle.

Go to a jump with a bunch of drawbacks and no cp cap, where some of the lower cost ones just give static in series enemies and the higher ones scale to you. Why would you bother taking the higher priced ones when you can get as much cp as you want by taking the lower cost ones, which you can easily handle because it's just making more enemies that you can easily kill?

>I don't believe you. Besides, would rather see an update to the current jump than a new one.
I thought it wasnt true but look at this

>so much butthurt

Cake. All of my cake.

It doesn't really limit abuse to cap it at the drawback cap. You can still abuse it easily to get to that drawback cap without nearly the downsides it normally takes.

>pic

Poor dude. I feel bad for him.

That's. . . really sad.

Well, I only use this on drawbacks that target me with a foe that is a genuine threat. Such as in Overlord. instead of having one rival player I could have two very deadly players after me.

Even then, there's always the chance that you can then play these foes off against each other to make it easier to handle.

The point is that this idea might work but only if you constantly adjust it to suit the jump AND jumper in question and is ripe for endless abuse, in some places more than others, and beyond all that, it's just pretty boring. It's just you doing more of the same for more points instead of needing to vary your drawbacks. You might be taking things that are still hard but you're not needing to dip into drawbacks you find personally disgusting or anything.

I agree with your assessment. I did not think of the variety of it. I was only thinking of increasing the challenge of being hunted. Thank you for this point of view.

You realize nobody is going to actually do that when he only gave that 'permission' in response to harassment.

InNomine's gone anyway so it doesn't matter,

You don't matter, which is why you feel the need to harass people here. Your own insignificance and worthlessness eats away at you.

Technically it was given in response to someone else's harassment. It was something that he came out of nowhere and said. It's not like people were asking him to allow permission to update his jumps or anything: It was a separate decision.

You're missing the point. I don't think it's out of malice, just out of some kind of autism as far as particularity goes.

Speaking of Sidreals could anyone who knows exalted better than I do answer this?
>Things made from Quintessence will be wondrous but temporary, food that will disappear if not eaten or clothes that will fade to nothing after a month.
Is what it says in the jump but I don't see anything about things made from Quintessence disappearing, since it is used to make money it seems odd that it would.

>I don't think it's out of malice

user literally bullied him until he yield and went away.

Yes, but I'm talking about the guy in this comment, not the shitpostier harassing InNomine in the first place.

No, that was Wakfu/OAA.

Damn I said that poorly.
I mean I looked in the Sidereals book and saw nothing about things made from Quintessence disappearing. Is that really how that works?

Ricrod, how big is your folder of anime women?

A question about the Basilisk Jump, particularly the High Quality Weapon Set:
> A Ronin can only do so much with average weapons. These weapons are for warrior’s who intend to fight monsters, high enough quality to resist all but the harshest punishment like tossing them in lava. Otherwise they won’t dull nor break.

It doesn't state how many weapons one can take in a set, so my question is, what's a reasonable amount of weapons I can select considering I'm jumping into this as a Noble who may or may not have had ninja training.

A Daishou (Katana and Wakizashi) and a Tanto (a dagger) are a given, but anything else?

>autistic soyboy gets fucked by chad moderator

Seems nice, but there is one thing I can't disregard about the perk. Why are three of the title words capitalised, while the other four are left in a lower case?

I've got a Christmas job that clocks in at around 50 hours a week, I'll be on /jc/ more tomorrow.

Having a spear and a bow as well seems reasonable to me.

Because I have a bizarre tic where I capitalize words that seem important for literally no reason. Fixed in the doc.

around 200mb, yesterday I erased a lot of them.

Yes, these would work. Thanks user!

Now time to survive the attentions of the Koga and Iga with my companions! Yay!

As someone who is listening to The Adventure Zone at this moment, it sounds great.

>Adventure Zone Jump
Yes please.

Is that really all that strange?
I do it too and usually need to go over and remove a lot of capital letters from everything I type.

So I now have a legless, asshole scientist dragon and a halfbreed dragon-goddess-child who's been adopted by two of my companions.

What's a good opening jump for introducing Seath and Priscilla to the multiverse at large?

Add a thing to the all dere drawback that makes everyone yandere.

A futuristic/sci-fi setting. If you really want to show characters from a low tech, fantasy setting just how different and crazy the multiverse can be, take them to a sci-fi setting. I recommend something like Firefly though, where the tech level is just low enough that they won't be completely lost or slaughtered by the locals and their technology.

>200mb
>Not 200gb
You are weak before me.

Did you remember to turn Seath into your waifu yet?

>Not a 3 Tb

I have no girlification guns or monster-girl-ification potions yet, user. Gimme a bit.

So Firefly, Cowboy Bebop, or Riddick you'd suggest?

>You are weak before me.

Anyway, going to sleep now. Will try to finish TWGOK tomorrow.

Yep, something like that. Classic Megaman might also work, being more advanced then those settings in some ways and less advanced in others. Besides, it's fairly lighthearted, so all that might make it safe enough to visit as well.

Where can Exalted jumpers get Hearthstones for their artifacts, companions, and companion's artifacts? They seem important but that is a lot of manses to buy with a lot of CP.

Learn Thaumaturgy in one of the Exalted Jumps (because I think that's what you use to make Manses), get some Properties that you can Import from Jump-to-Jump that are innately Magical, and then grab one of the Perks that let you combine and/or modify magic systems. You could probably use that to adapt a Property that's infused with something other then Essence into a Manse, and then derive a Hearthstone from that Manse. You could also probably use this on Magically rich areas that don't follow you from Jump-to-Jump, but I'd wager the Hearthstones would lose power if they were separated from their Manse to that degree (Exaltedfags might express otherwise, I don't know Exalted THAT well).

Well, for one thing you should remember that hearthstones are only actually needed for complex gear with lots of moving parts. Which amounts to some but not all magitech devices. For everything else, hearthstones are like socketing gems to a weapon or armor in a video game. They have benefits, but aren't needed. Though if you really need hearthstones, you can just make more manses. I see no reason why you couldn't arrange geomantic energy to produce one in other worlds than Creation. Might have to adjust your techniques somewhat to deal with the local flows, but that's something that every geomancer has to do to some degree anyway so I don't expect problems. Or you could just build them in a property that follows you, a pocket dimension or Warehouse attachment. That way you'll never be cut off across jumps. Demesnes, the energy-concentration points that you can build manses on, can be formed pretty close together. Oadenol's Codex mentions that there's practically no one in Creation that can't get to a demesne within a week's travel on horseback, and many people live in areas of such high density that they can walk from one to another in a single day. You could fit a bunch in even a relatively small property.

>one to another in a single day
user you can walk between two cities in one day if you walk all day. With few exceptions, such as Jumpveria, properties top out at city size and thus could only support one manse.

Yeah, it's about fifty miles. So? We've got plenty of properties more than fifty miles across.

>yfw you will never have a departed jumpmaker give you jump clues and hints in your wordpress blog comments

I wonder if he donated to her Patreon?

We do?Pretty sure city sized properties are fairly rare user and those larger than that are even more so.

>spoiler

Disgusting.

Not really. There are at least a dozen properties bigger then a planet.

>There are at least a dozen properties bigger then a planet.
Name 3.

Asgerd-class Planetoid (with upgrades), most of the properties in Desolate Era, Home System from Dragon Ball GT, etc., etc.

Terraria's Frequent Flyer Miles

I wonder what said "departed jumpmaker" would think of Val, you know, considering.

Nah. There's Jumpveria from Marvel Magic, Belzerg Jumper from KonoSuba, the Peninsula from How To Train Your Dragon, Nomisan Island from the Incredibles is probably that wide but I'm not sure, Frequent Flyer Miles from Terraria gives pocket universes, so do many things in Desolate Era, Dragonball GT has an entire solar system if you get capstone-boosted Home Planet...there's plenty of space, these are just the first that comes to mind.

Mystcraft Worlds from Minecraft, Hell Lord and Dimension Lord,

I dunno man. Considering he's on SJ's blog...

jumpchain.wordpress.com/2017/11/13/world-61-the-light-of-terra-part-10/

What an idiot.

I thought Babylon was dead

Dimension Lord is smaller by itself. Much smaller. The same goes for Hell Lord, but it can grow.
There is an item in Desolate Era that contains a populated real with a surface larger than two solar systems. There is also the boosted dyson sphere in GT.

So he's an "idiot" for reading fanfiction by an author you don't like? Heh. It should probably be noted, then, that Kanons is also an "idiot" by your standards.

>Dimension Lord is smaller by itself. Much smaller.
Wrong, idiot.

So, what does one need to ascend your Demonbane to EGD? From what I heard it was Yog-Sothoth who ascended it. Would a full fragment and the shining D20 be enough to ascend it and get Athleta Aeternum?

I mean our jumpmakers aren't known for their smarts, look at Many, Bancho, Cena or Aionon for instance.

>There is an item in Desolate Era that contains a populated real with a surface larger than two solar systems.
Two items, actually, and they're honestly more useful for their other aspects than the size they contain. Pretty much any cultivator worth their salt can make items massively bigger on the inside once they get good enough, just learn to do it on your own. Or just grab the Starseizing Manor, if you don't want to make your own, it's in the same general area of all the starting locations and could be attuned by any reasonably-strong jumper long before Ning discovers it. You'll have to get to Earth Immortal-rank to be able to carry it around with you, but that's not so high.

>It's another episode of user can't into reading comprehension

What items/imports are good for making a kill anything weapon?

To those who dislike Overhaul, good news, he got was was coming to him, to the point he can't even grasp the situation or anything really

We appear to be missing SMTanon's Metal Slug jump, even though it was in the Uploads folder before Brutus sorted them out.

>Eri mentioned last thread
>Hm, I wonder who she is...
>Read ability
>Direct Overhaul spoiler
fuck

Have my copy of it user. Don't know if it's the most recent one though.

I'm quite fond of the Silver Key from DYN Freaks. Cuts through anything, negates weird space and time warping so those aren't any better defenses, and injuries inflicted by it can't be healed. Then import it as the Seventh Holy Scripture in Tsukihime, so that it can kill souls. Throw in All-Black the Necrosword's import in Marvel Magic, so it grows stronger with every god it kills and can also shapeshift and enlarge and such so that being limited to a cutting edge doesn't limit the damage its infinite penetration does. Make it your Relic in Dies Irae, it now grows stronger with your own spiritual power, and if you took Fusion you can manifest Holy All-Black Keys from all over your body. I'm not sure where to take it from there, but I'm sure you can find some other miscellaneous imports that would enhance it.

Thank you. Going to try and get that uploaded - not sure what happened on Brute's end.

>tfw Val was saying she'd bar a lot of Demonbane content behind an End-jump scenario
>then she offers the full power of an Outer God, AND the Necronomicon with Demonbane, AND the Shining Trapezohedron for 1600 CP
Ah, I remember when Val used to have restraint.