Is it lonely at the top for your BBEG?

Is it lonely at the top for your BBEG?

Yup

He fucked up and he knows he fucked up, he alienated all his trusted allies who now follow his commands with complete insincerity and utter dispassion. Most of them are broken shells of what they were, and he hates that it's his fault. He's gone way too far to ever back down now, he doesn't know any other way to live, he lost everything that actually mattered to him, and he's burned all the bridges behind him. He's basically just waiting to either win or die and not particularly wishing for either one.

The party are expecting a megalomaniac tyrant, but they'll be dissapointed, because what they're gonna get is a bitter, sarcastic misanthrope who drinks himself to sleep every night and breaks down in tears if pressed about his overarching motivations.

Maybe a dick move, but if my players really expected for me not to give them a downer ending then they haven't been paying attention.

No, he's married, at least a politically convenient one, and has a circle of friends and associates that he relies upon implicitly. The campaign seems to be more or less permanently dead due to real life issues, but ultimately, they were probably going to have to dismantle his network of allies and friends to have a chance against him.

I don't think that a sentient Tree-Devil with its own dimension can even feel loneliness.

Now that I think about it though, why else would it kidnap people from the regular world to toy with?

>big match john
>BBEG

lose weight & have sex

>unironically calling him "big match john"
>implying he's not transparently evil

Go away /asp/ie

why would he be lonely?

when he wins he can hang out with people all he wants.

>implying cena is responsible for your flavor of the month indie darling not getting over or getting buried

get a clue & gain height

Is it getting lonely in your autistic playground, Carter?
Are you branching out your retarded memes to other boards?

Not at all. My BBEG objective is basically to re-absorb reality since his demiurgic playground proved to be too rebellious. If anything he wants to be more alone and more at the top.

>guy has say something i don't like
>"he must be this guy i hate"

ya running out of options m8

take a shower & pursue a career

Fuck off back to /asp/ where you can argue with yourself and delete posts you don't like, you fat larping mexican bitch.
Thanks for killing the board with your autism and driving the people there to fucking reddit.
Hiro must be proud of your performance as a mod.

Yes

At this point, he's TN. Just wants to wrestle and act in movies, regardless of the outcome.

>implying/asp/ was ever good

ya need to go back soyboy

>soyboy
Oh that's right, you like to larp as a fitizen despite being a neet lardass

He's a lich, what do you fucking think?

>implying that I'm larping
>>>/reddit/

>bbeg

Bleh.

Oh that's right, you like to larp as lady killer despite being a virgin well into your mid30s

He's not lonely because he's got lots of followers and they're all mentally connected, and he's not at the top because he lives at the bottom of the dungeon.

I bet Cena and Bryan watches Puro tapes

I bet they bully their wives' brother

My setting has a few, only 2 don't have friends. So most the time, it's not lonely at all.

Is this another carter fights himself episode?
I stop going to /asp/ to avoid this shit

As a highly illegal AI construct of sorts, it is usually too busy upgrading or working to reflect on its social status or needs, if it has any. If it had to stop and consider things, it would realize that the hundreds of coders and corporate suits that guard it dont care for it as an individual, and the only other thing that could empathize with it - a previous version - is actively working to destroy it.

Once it realizes how vulnerable it is, it starts to do truly heinous shit in order to better defend itself.

He's an elder vampire specialized in strength and brawling who just woke up after centuries of sleep into a world filled with technology.
So he's pretty damn lonely considering all the other people his age are manipulators and hermits while he just wants to have a fun fight again and the younglings are too weak to even play with.