Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1882: Palomino Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GkHVrv_KEwk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw the real reason my Chains don't get anywhere after starting in Pokemon is because I can't share the experience with future Companions

Still trying to decide on whether to go God Nya or Yog. Anyone mind helping me decide?

What

Yog has more power, but Nya has more powers. Way more variety there. Also, one of the forms you'll have is that image right there.

Don't you want to be Titcow Librarian Nyarlathotep?

Nya.

Be the big titty librarian.

Alternatively: go Asylum and buy the Clockwerk Phantom. Best mech.

I assume it's because Pokemon is a delightfully whimsical place unless you use Pokedex or Manga canons and the user regrets the idea of being unable to ever share such an experience with their future friends, family and other companions picked up as time goes on.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Bretonnia

I've been reading the Barony of the Damned thing splat for WHFRP recently and decided to do a Bretonnia build. It's pretty damn long to be honest so sorry about that (I'm not sorry!)

>Mousillon
Got the free choice of anywhere in Bretonnia as a starting location. As I took Duke but didn't want to overwrite one of the existing dukes I (unwisely) went with Mousillon. With The Dark Horde drawback I'd pretty much be fighting a lot of monsters anyway so might as well fight even more and try to purify/beautify my deathswamp and kill the skaven, undead, ghouls, demons, chaos worshippers, vampires, swamp monsters, and beastmen with daring deeds and in a manner most chivalrous. Calling myself Malderich de Mousillon as a lot of the names of historical figures from Mousillon start with 'Mal' because it's a very edgy place. Also there's a pretty insane amount of hidden, untouched treasure in Mousillon due to everyone with a brain avoiding it due to all the monsters so that's one positive point.

>Knight
Wasn't sure whether to be a man-damsel with a fem-knight companion or a knight (male) with a damsel companion. Went with the latter as the build already gets fairly silly and I wanted two of the swords.

>14 years old
Due to the errant drawback I'm as young as a knight could feasibly be. Also already a Grail Knight and a Duke which is extremely silly. Going to use that perk from the Evil Dead that lets me make a prophecy about myself to justify it. Something about a noble kid from Mousillon being named duke and sorting the curse out.

>Born to Ride
Makes me a prodigal horseman which is fortunate as I'm 14 and otherwise I'd have had some issues.

>Lady Knight
Is an interesting perk and the main freebie I wanted locked down. Basically it amounts to getting a fair amount of credit and reward for completing tasks that you shouldn't have been doing anyway/did in disguise.

(1/5 I think)

The life of a Pokemon Trainer is pretty great, and I want my new friends to get to live that life, but I'm not going to break the Pokemon First rule.

In this jump it'll smooth some stuff over when it comes to being from Mousillon as my heroic deeds will presumably serve to reduce the stigma.

>The Good Lord 100
Is great for the price. Makes peasants and other plebs like you and gives you a good idea of what their issues are. I imagine after being granted Mousillon I would be bombarded with strong feelings of peasants being victimized or attacked in nearly every direction. The peasant popularity thing is fairly important as well as I'm immediately locked into a power struggle with the more established Mallobaude and peasants from Mousillon are as suspicious of outsiders as they are dirty and mutated. Plus it means I can better help the peasants, find villages and set up magic wells to cleanse the area and demutate the populace.

>Trusty Steed 300
Is an interesting perk. Basically confers any abilities and buffs you have to any steed you're riding. Convenient with that horse from Generic Western that is always a bit faster than you are to make him equally durable. Has some undoubtedly weird utility that I haven't thought of yet but is cool for some of the more basic stuff I imagine you could do with this (using fire elemental powers to make an always-on-fire-but-loving-it doomhorse).

>Grail Knight 600
Well I'm 14 due to the drawback but I asked Val and this means I'm already a Grail Knight. Mostly taking this for thematic reasons and also as I didn't fancy the Green Knight scenario so I figured this'd give a good base of knightly powers. Due to me being really young I'm also saying that after deciding to be a Knight Errant (and leaving Mousillon for a bit) it took about a week and a half to become a Grail Knight which I did by rescuing a Prophetess (who later turned out to be a companion import) from a band of greenskins in Lyonesse.

The timeline has to be fairly tight due to the whole being 14 thing but I mostly decided on becoming a Grail Knight within a week and a half as it'd be funny to see the expressions of various knights and dukes who have spent decades trying to become grail knights after being told how easy it was for me.

>Horse Care Kit 650
Horse shoes, brushes and horse treats. Not totally sure what horse treats are.

>Bretonnian Warhorse
Probably would have been good to get a pegasus or something as Mousillon is crazy swampy but eh, if I can fly due to Trusty Steed presumably my horse can now fly as well.

>Duke 950
Being a duke really causes more problems than it should. This one will be pleasant in other settings, I'm sure, but here due to me choosing Mousillon it mostly amounts to spending a lot of time cleaning house and slapping shit.

>Infinite Bret Wine
Mostly use this as gifts to win people over. Not a huge wine fan to be honest.

>Conqueror's Tapestry
Gets longer with every victory. Might just hang it in the warehouse afterwards but for this jump I'll probably let someone else hold it in battle.

>Sword of the Quest 1250
Cuts through any non-magical defenses easily so that's neat. I figure this was probably a sword that I had already found in a swamp before leaving Mousillon and made my rescue of the Prophetess a lot easier.

>Sword of the Lady's Champion 1550
Is presumably the sword I got immediately before or after drinking from the Grail. Increases my strength should I find an enemy that is too tough to cut through, not sure how well it'll work against magical enemies but at least this means I've got one sword for chopping through armour and another for chopping through dragons. Will end up combining them anyway.

>Import 1600 - Ramona: Damsel, Magic, O Fair Maiden, Moving Through The Ranks, Raised By The Faeries 100, The Fey Must Be Fairies 300, Prophetess 600, Lady's Favour, Pretty Dress

Yes, see .

Honestly not entirely sure how powerful Prophetess' are as wizards but I figured it'd be worth giving her some Warhammer magic and these perks seemed a little better than the peasants one. The freebies amount to basic magic, a hotness perk and a perk for being disguised as other races effectively. Raised By Fairies is a cool magical teaching which is more effective the more wild the area you're in is. The Fey Must Be Fairies allows her to subvert factions or states depending on how magically powerful she is which is pretty great. Prophetess is a magical power boost with a side of “get out of my way, I can do what I want”. She became kind of central in the backstory as really only the support and involvement of someone like a Prophetess would allow a teenager to grail up and then get named a duke.

>Errant 1500
As mentioned, makes me young and not taken all that seriously but this is largely circumvented by being given a Duchy and becoming a grail knight. It does make the whole thing turn into a fairly stupid shonen premise though.

>Knightly Honour 1300
Makes you wicked chivalrous and unable to retreat from a fight. Going into this jump pretty late or wouldn't have gone for this one. Initially my build had The Dark Horde and Mousillon, Born and Bred as the two drawbacks but I figured I could fluff myself as from Mousillon without it and the latter was just way too inconvenient (as it makes you both extremely unlucky and very easily corruptible which is both dangerous and not fun).

We have that Magical Pokemon jump. Why not go there? Alternatively, purchase Return and go back there after acquiring your companions.

>Nya has more powers
Is that even relevant when the bulk of their power comes from being cosmic reality wapers? It's like saying a level 100 sorceror-wizard has more powers than a level 110 Wizard. Technically true, but hardly relevant all things considered.

>The Dark Horde 1000
Beastmen/Orc hordes are attacking and there's some evil source in the forests causing them all to multiply. Probably a greater demon or a shitload of warpstone or something (possibly a greater demon with a shitload of warpstone) but at least this seems to be resolvable. Really it just adds to the work I already intended to do in Mousillon and means I'll probably have to hold up on that for a bit at some point to deal with the things in the woods.

I think beating the Dark Horde and clearing up Mousillon is probably more suited to a team of heroes rather than a full army (and I'd struggle to get an army immediately anyway without using out of setting heretical-looking summoning powers) so I'd make heavy use of the various perks I've got for finding a team of powerful weirdos/allies (think I've got quite a few but can only remember the one from Hero BBS). Currently (and not all that fleshed out) my party is me, the Prophetess, a somewhat mutated and unorthodox Priest of Morr, a surprisingly upbeat Dwarf Slayer, an unsurprisingly dour Wood Elf Waystalker, a Treeman and the Grand Sow of the Grismerie herself (giant portentous pig with magical abilities).

Together, the Mousillon Seven are destined to fight any number of epic battles, destroy corruption, dispel curses and hopefully not leave Bretonnia in a much worse state than it started in. For the Lady!

>Magical Pokemon Journey
>Return
It's not the same, but you have a point.

Isn't there some option in warehouse or something?

Yeah, user mentioned Return. Maybe I could use that to act as their "Professor."

Simple solution, just make a pocket dimension of perfect VR recreation of the Pokemon world for your future companions to experience then accelerate the timescale in that world.

Or just go to Assassin's Creed and pick up the Animus so they can relive your memories of that place.

Can you point out a time when Demonbane Yog-Sothoth meaningfully warps reality except by just existing?

While that's nice it's hardly the same thing.
The point is to experience it together with your companions.
Showing them after you're already done with the place just doesn't have that, no matter how sophisticated you get with your presentation.

Jump 013 - Fate/Zero

Insertion Date: November 1993
Origin: Fool

Drawbacks:
+ Return of the Kings (+300)

Perks:
+ Command Seals (Free)
+ Magic Circuits x5 (400, 900)
+ Basic Training (Free)
+ Magical Legacy (Denied)
+ Initial Irisviel (Free)
+ Rise from my Ashes (100, 800)
+ One Extra Line (300, 500)
+ My Home is my Castle (400, 100)

Companions:
= Servant (Free)
+ Anne Bonny and Mary Read (1000 SP) [Build in Document]
= Companion Import (100, 0)
+ Bea - Magus in Training - Magic Circuits x4, Basic Training, Magical Legacy (Counter Magic), Keep Your Chin Held High, Magic Crest, Magic Tracking Gear
+ Katia - Fool - Magic Circuits x4, Basic Training, Magical Legacy (Golemancy), One Extra Line

Story:
33 pages this time, though I really hit my limit of what I can write for this franchise a little earlier than that. I really, really need to practice writing out action scenes as they're clearly my weak point at the moment. Still, I think the front half turns out really nice.

I just hope that my spotty Fate knowledge doesn't show through too hard. I tried to make it an entertaining read at least. Comments are always appreciated.

Next up:
Gem and Giants Steven Universe + Sword and Sorcery, though that is likely going to take a back seat to my work on the Breath of Fire 3 and Etrian Odyssey 5 Jumps.

Yog Sothoth is the only Outer God besides Azathoth who EGD can't beat and helped Demonbane ascend in the first place. He really doesn't need any feats. Nya may or may not have more powers, but both of them are wtf tier reality warpers that can fuck with concepts, so those extra powers aren't really significant.

So you think Yog-Sothoth is a reality warper, but can't name any time he has ever warped reality? How did he help Demonbane ascend?

...Really? Are you seriously implying that Demonbane Yog Sothoth isn't a reality warper? I'm sorry, but that's just sad.

And why does his passive existence not count? You're just discarding it... because you want to? Nah. He does that without any effort at all, and for some reason you're saying that he can't do anything besides that?

>Yog Sothoth isn't a reality warper
Kek.

Anyway, to answer your question: For one thing, Nyarlathotep creates the Klein Bottle and reverts time on a universal scale. This isn't ever said to be anything specific to the form she was in, and there's no reason it shouldn't scale, as it's just general power. And in DYN Freaks, a mere fragment of his makes ghost stories into reality and manipulates causality (without physically traveling back in time) to retroactively make someone her childhood friend. But fucking seriously? You've got to be trolling.

Hey NuBee, how do you think Tier 3 Permeation would be different from the one seen in canon? Do you think you could use your senses and breathe while using it, or would it be able to act passively to prevent damage?

Man, that fragment sounds like a dick.

I like her already!

>But fucking seriously? You've got to be trolling.
No I just couldn't find any feats for them that weren't just some guy putting their physical descriptions from the game then declaring that they're omnipotent. This gives a much better feel of how strong they are, thank you.

He's right, Yog-Sothoth isn't a reality warper, he's just shapeshifting.

>Starting new chain
>Fuck it, lets do a roll chain
>Jump 1 = 40K nids
>Eh alright
>Jump 2 = Pokemon

Should I be happy about this or ecstatic?

>'Nid Jumper winds up in Pokemon
>everyone just thinks he's a really hungry, new type of Bug Pokemon
>meanwhile, Palkia is freaking the fuck out
>"FUCKING SPACE LOCUSTS, I SWEAR TO ARCEUS."

That poor universe.

Mmm, yeah, I think a kind of "selective permeation" would become possible, catching the stuff you want (air, light, etc) to preserve the ability to breath or preserve senses while still being able to phase through stuff.

The whole environment glitching stuff might find use in forcing other things away instead of making yourself warp out too. Like, holding a rock, temporarily causing it to phase through your hand just long enough to sink inside, then resolidifying and having it shoot out.

This. Yog-Sothoth doesn't warp reality. He is reality, all of it. He has control over every single aspect of it. It's not so much warping reality as it is simply shuffling around parts of himself.

Man, that sounds awesome. Thanks for the quick response and the jump.

>someone tries warping reality
>Yog-Sothoth suddenly feels something trying to alter him in someway
>Suddenly, all of the stars in the area of the reality warper come together to form a giant eye
>"ALRIGHT, WHICH ONE OF YOU CHUCKLEFUCKS IS IT THIS TIME."

What should I eat first? A ditto or a Shuckle.

Don't Fuckle with the Shuckle.

No problem dude, glad you're having fun.

Eat a Wobbuffet first. Seriously. Their HP is off the charts and their counter abilities hit like trucks. Plus, they look really stupid and defenseless with would be great for drawing in other Pokemon to munch on.

He can almost certainly do both. Though I wonder what happens if jumper Yog Sothoth goes to a different setting. Do they just subsume everything into themselves a la Hadou Gods?

If you already are a God who picked Infinite Colour as their power, would it be a better CP investment to pick up the God capstone or Nyarl's Fragment?

The Marvel Multiverse must give him a migraine yo.

Probably God capstone as it procs off of you and your powerlevels.

Almost always forget about that pokemon. Probably cause it was too easy to beat in competitive during the games.

Eh, Demonbane Multiverse is already pretty crazy tho.

Probably the capstone. A lot of Nya's stuff are things that Yog could pull off anyways because of the whole 'All-in-One and One-in-All' bullshit. Whereas the capstone is by fiat going to give you new and more powerful stuff.

Does anyone have problems coming up with a suitable power on the level of the 600 CP Fragments? Like, when the two examples are literally becoming Yog-Sothoth and Nyarlathotep, it feels like a pretty daunting task. What power could possible keep up with the manipulation of all spacetime on a universal scale?

He probably just eats the source or subsumes the cosmic aspects. I mean Eternity and Infinity probably couldn't put up much of a fight.

How does anything still exist when Demonbane killed Azathoth, especially that last universe?

God capstone, definitely. Nya would increase your power and give you access to all of its' forms, but that would be all you get. With Transition you would gain more and more powerful forms, making you even stronger as you go on. Keep in mind, Yog-Sothoth is already stronger then Nya and even EGD couldn't defeat it at the start. So you'd become ridiculously powerful as time goes on.

The really weird thing about humans and humanity getting associated with dragons is that we KNOW humans didn't come from dragons; they're Pygmies that have been cursed by Gywn. So how can humans both turn into/associate with dragons yet also be the pygmies who slew them?

No, not really.

It doesn't.
Even our reality doesn't exist because Demonbane killed Azathoth.
We're all collectively living through the "life flashing before your eyes" segment of death.

>No, not really.
What an enlightening answer. Would you care to share your creations?

Just go with Omnipotence++ x2.

Either that or you'd simply merge with the local reality, becoming one and the same (and probably retroactively making it so that you were ALWAYS one and the same). Thought that makes me wonder what would happen if you went to Lovecraft. Would you and the local Yog-Sothoth do a fusion dance? Would you both be all of reality at the same time? It'd be interesting to just hang out with Lovecraft Yog-Sothoth and tell him about the other realities.

Yog Sothoth managed to preserve tiny fragments of the multiverse, then glued them all together to form a temporary universe through which he could act to hopefully eventually revive Azathoth and bring back everything else.

And Yog-Sothoth survived because while Yog is everything INSIDE the multiverse, he also exists outside of it.

Everyone in dark souls is a hollow. Gods are hollows with non-dark souls. Pygmies are hollows with the dark soul. Humans are hollows with some of both. Dragons are hollows who've grown stone scales of immortality. Primordial serpents are hollows who couldn't transform into dragons all the way. Most kinds of monsters are humans who have been mutated.

In Lovecraft, the only other entity on the level of Yog or near it is Shub Niggurath, who is basically the goddess of life.

Wonder what happens when you leave.

>Humans are hollows with some of both.
Play Ringed City. Humans don't have anything from the other Lord Souls in them naturally. The exception are the Four Kings who were gifted specifically by Gwyn.

Nodens and Hypnos are on the level of Outer God, and they're nowhere near Yog level, so you really don't need to think about balancing whatever power you get against the examples, because in the end what actually matters is the power level, which is roughly on the same tier no matter what your specific ability is, and which functionally homogenizes said abilities into palate swaps of reality warping.

Well, time immediately freezes, so nothing right away, and post-spark I'd just assume that all of the different realities you've consumed/merged with are just part of you like they would be if you were in that jump. So, every jump post-you becoming Yog-Sothoth would just become part of your post-spark, multiversal body. Or would it be multi-multiversal?

Hell if I know.

Humans don't exist "naturally". To be a human means that you're a pygmy that's gotten a non-dark soul stuck into you.

I'm not sure why you assume the curse Gwyn put on the pygmies involved part of his soul and not just spells.

What if an undead becomes a dragon but also makes sure to nurse and grow their dark soul after the dark sign fades away but then also decides to absorb what's left of the lord souls?

Let me put it this way.

Sure kids playing with washable crayons and scribbling all over the house is minor stuff in the long run, it will stay make you look up into the sky and silently ask "why?!".

That's what I was imagining the near monthly reality warping in Marvel would be like to Yog.

That depends what tier you bought into.

He didn't use his soul. There were plenty of other souls from the first flame besides the three lord souls. That's how the other gods got there's.

Don't think regular souls are treated as competing power sources/power limiters, dude. Not something that'd make pygmies weaker. The Dark Sign is said to be the binding on the Dark Soul in the Ringed City.

I think Yog-Sothoth actually consists of infinite multiverses. His true form is an infinite expanse of glowing orbs that are each infinitely vast and contain an infinite number of possibilities (i.e. universes). If you were to look at Yog-Sothoth you'd see what appears to be an endless expanse of stars that are actually infinite self-contained multiverses.

So why is there an end-jump option in Freaks when there's no conceivable reason to actually take it as it offers nothing that couldn't be purchased.

Having regular souls is what links them to the first fire, which burns up their humanity as fuel.

Paying lip service to the original idea.

In that case, you'd probably see those multiverses become orbs in your post-spark body. Either way, all the multiverses that became part of you will probably become a part of your post-spark body.

>it offers nothing that couldn't be purchased.
If you go into Freaks thinking you're invincible then you're going to be in for a surprise. You might be a hyperversal omnipotent if you become Yog-Sothoth but you're basically the equivalent of a surprisingly tough mook to the big people in that setting.

That's because Yog IS the infinite multiverse that is Azathoth's dream, and he IS every entity and thing inside that multiverse. Yet he also exists outside of it.

Holy fuck, I started watching the Angry Day anime.

Why? ...Just why?

The first flame only burns the people who cast themselves into it.

Has it been an angry day?

So we can get this.

youtube.com/watch?v=GkHVrv_KEwk

All of humanity is getting burned up, not just the tiny amounts held by the undead who link it. That's why humanity is plentiful in DS1 but by DS3 there's nothing but charred embers of it left to find.

Every day is angry day.

Your fanon is weird and I'm not sure if you have any textual support. In DS3 humanity just isn't treated as an item, it clearly still exists considering the goal of the Yuria plotline.

Yeah, but the end scenario doesn't actually lock anything off. In order to beat it, you /have/ to already be able to contend with Vortex Blaster Demonbane, and thus Azathoth Pre-Spark. You already have the level of power it rewards by default, otherwise you couldn't beat it. At worst, that level of power is tied to a mech or item or something, but making it a part of you is largely just a matter of convenience at that point. The only thing you're missing out on by not taking it, if it was even possible for you to beat it, is an epic challenge.

>the big people
You mean Demonbane and Azathoth? Who else is at/above that level?

In the Freaks manga only a fragment of Yog-Shothoth exists right? So if you pick God and take Infinite Color you are the canon Yog-Shothoth but where is he in the manga?

Noooot really. There's like two people who decidedly out power Yog-Sothoth and one of them is a retarded loli who doesn't know what she's doing and the other is insane and locked out of reality.

Except the end-jump still gives you absolutely nothing except a challenge and your Spark, at the cost of ending your Chain.

It offers literally nothing else.

So what happens if you switch to a different alt-form?

That is entirely too badass an ending song for any anime. What the hell Japan?

Going by Lovecraft, aren't the two pretty much equal? Nyar is from an earlier generation, the same as Yog's progenitors, but Yog seems to be more important for the dream.
After all, in Demonbane, EGD only manages to defeat (but not kill) Nya after receiving a boost from Yog.

Isn't literally every outer god and most great old ones 'outside the universe' as far as Lovecraftian power levels are concerned?

>You haven't given Jumper or his companions names
I can't be the only one right?

>most great old ones 'outside the universe'
Those are more "outside physics/dimensions". They hardly operate on anywhere near a universal scale.

Ending your chain is only a cost from a storytelling perspective.
IC there'll come a point when you're beyond the need for jump-chans protection.
You can't hide in the kiddie pool forever.

And an end jump doesn't have to offer anything but the Spark. That's the fucking point.
The notion that it's somehow not enough is ridiculous.

Anything else, any partially locked perks or items like Path to Victory or various multiversal travel options are icing on the cake, not a requirement to make sparking "worth it".

>semantics

>Except the end-jump still gives you absolutely nothing except a challenge and your Spark
That's what end jumps ultimately are.

The same could be said for the Outer Gods. Once you've transcended all concepts and infinite dimensions, universal scale is kind of massively lowballing it.