/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread: Hail Santa edition

Preview of an upcoming project

the box

Reminds me of hella funtime friends.

This reminds me of broquest

Cute. I wanna see the other companions available to you.

This is actually a Bro Quest expansion, Schwig(?) did a bunch of art of companions that never got descriptions so I'm doing that and putting it all together, and possibly some from misc art they did

Post the first cyoa you were exposed to that led you here. This is the first one i saw and it's still my favorite.

I don’t have it on me, but Spheres of the Aether was mine

Weird School
Normal Hair
Brooding
Lone Wolf
Great Teacher
(No Gang)
(No Right Hand Man)

Fight 3
Int 3
Guts 3
Rep 1
Appeal 2 (+1 Brooding)

All Rivals Defeated
Could date anyone and switching to chick magnet for all of the top 3 is tempting, but Great Teacher is a must. Gonna go with Ryouko

Will it have mechanics beyond
>pick X companions from a list of a hundred companions?

I'm debating on that, I might have a basic character creation page w/ some classes & advantages/drawbacks but nothing quite to the level of like, a solo RPG like some CYOAs here are

>Tough School
>Pompadour
>Great Teacher, Brooding, Lone Wolf
>Ryouko
>Stats
Fight 3
Int 2
Guts 3
Rep 2
Appeal 2

Gonna be honest, hard to hold onto a gang in my school when everyone's got aspirations to be the big man on campus. Pfft, I don't need to prove shit to no one anyway.

My sensei though seems to get me, real cool dude, we live in the same apartment building and sometimes he'll share a beer with me even though I'm a student.

The real trouble in my life is Ryouko. She seems to think just because I'm buds with the sensei and I'm spending more time fighting off other jackasses that I'm gonna be a boyscout. But, what the hell, she is cute, and the dates we go on are always pretty fun. (We trashed a whole fucking gang in the park last Friday, shit was so cash when we used their leader as our picnic table.)

nice, but you're gonna have trouble pulling me away from the Nameless Faceless Rank and File soldier as at least one of my picks.

>Ryouko
I wish for a season 2 so bad.

I really want a party of Brock, Cassandra, and Lily. I know it says Cassandra won’t work with her sister, but is it out of line to Sartre it? My excuse is they didn’t choose to be in the dungeon together, I find Lily, we partner up, then I run into Brock/Cassandra, and he talks her down into begrudgingly working together. Since it’s canon that Brock and Cassandra marrry when not romanced, I think it’s a cute direction for the story to take

Can't say I care for companion-based CYOA's. I'm interested in Your Own Adventure, not another's adventure.

>"Whoa! Weird we both have an awesome teachers, are the best fighters in our school, and dating a tough chicks named Ryuoko. You my alternate dimensional twin or sumethin'?"

That's reasonable. There's the boss page too that has a list of bosses you're off to fight, and I might see if there's a few good images to make some side adventures out of.

Fight 0
Appeal 1
Guts 0
Int 2
Rep 0
>Tough School
>Bleached
>sweet ride
>brooding
>love triangle
Fight 1
Int 3
Appeal 2
Guts 0
Rep 0
>small time
>lackey
>yoshidayama
>fujimoto
>maeda
>takenochi
>yamaguchi
>mechazawa
Waifu
>ranmaru

I'm a fucking terrifying motherfucker, I'm made almost all the rival cunts shit their pants when I looked at them. Even the guy with the weird voice, Mechazawa. Though he made some kinda THUNK noise. I guess people who leave a shirt button open are kinda weird. I'm so terrifying, when I ride on my bike, people fucking swerve their cars to avoid me.
Maybe that's why this "I'm totally not a chick, I'm a bad dude" Ranmaru chick's after me wanting a fight. One time I just said, sure, just hop on my bike and we'll find some place quiet to fight and she just turns red and runs away. Chicks are weird, man.

Call me edgy, but I'd take all five, all I need is to make a checklist on my phone and make sure I do like, 3 things a day at least to keep myself in good standing with the prince of hell
>kill some rando, like it even fucking matters just pick some starving shit in africa
>buy some shit
>get laid

Then of the two powers left, one doesn't operate based on intervals, and I can just force the guy to be my butler and do everything for me to keep him busy

Now I just gotta do enough evil shit on erf to make sure I get a good seat in hell and I'm golden

Quick question for someone who's never made a cyoa
What's the best image editing program, paint.net or photoshop or gimp?

Photoshop hands down.

The one you know best.

>anything but photoshop
I came here to smug at you.

Thing is, I've never actually edited an image in my life. Also checked

I've never done one either and would like to ask /cyoag/s opinion on cyoastudio

paint.net was always easiest for me, though it makes text a real pain

If you're not familiar with any of them, and would just like to get something done, CYOA Studio (link in the pastebin) seems like a reasonably easy-to-use CYOA-making tool.
Granted, you might still want/need to use an actual image-editing application to make sure the pictures appear in the end product in a way you'd like them to.

Photoshop lets your do all sorts of fancy stuff and if you learn it, it will actually save you whole bunch of effort in long run. But don't think that you -have- to learn photoshop to be able to make cyoas.
SDA will unleash his autism chart at you tho if you don't.

Photoshop is best, but Gimp and Paint.Net work if you don't like it

Its pretty good in all honestly, its rather bland and you cant do anything too fancy with it- but it formats the stuff nicely and reliably

just be warned that its very limited, so its not suited for anything too strange/ambitious (but for most of the generic waifu pickers/power cyoa's its more than enough)

And here's a Boss

that sounds painful

His dick is in ashes, that's why he's so angry

>if you defeat him you can give him the monster hunter treatment
good. Its the right of the victor.

Hope there isn't a bitcoin miner or something in it

The only thing missing is that in MH you could shove his soul into a waifu and make him, now her, your bitch. Can't seem to do that here.

YOU COULD WHAT
SINCE WHEN

>beat someone
>turn them into a waifu
I'm listening

Look on the third page of WH, the waifu section. You can turn the souls of defeated monsters into monster girl servants.

I think you guys are talking about different things. He might mean the videogame, not the CYOA.

Oh, I see. Sadly MH only has Felyns.

And the guildmarm

Voting for Roy Mustang. Practical skills, excellent leadership background, and a better track record than Artoria.

>can't turn defeated hunters into your slave
bliss pls rates

>rates
How in the world did I write "rates" when I meant "fix"?

Can CYOAs be scary?

Psionics + Enchantment, bro.

yes

Funny Valentine 2020. I want my stando.

Yes and no. Cyoas are usually used to create a scenario you play out in your head. They won't be as effective as playing video game with spoopy soundtrack but they can make be kind of scary.

I can't see that monkey as threatening, she looks like she's just having a laugh.

someone post cyoa pls?

3d 2d girls look so fucking wrong

Comfy Dump

>which means that now are

Which means what?

Isn't turning monsters into waifus enough?
It's never enough with you people. And I love it.

I did originally intend something like that to be rewards of the culling.

Sure I made little changes.

>led you here
Fucking crossboarders. Your taste is shit too.

Any examples?

>little changes
Like what? You can’t just say that shit nigga

Curse this potato internet.

>isn't turning monsters into waifus enough
bliss pls

The intro graphics which bothered me the most and some excessive wording or cluttering of words.

Everything must be turned in to a waifu to prove your supremacy

Rolled 3 (1d3)

>can't decide between Mustang, Valentine, and Haruhi

DICE GODS GUIDE MY HAND

While you’re around, I’ve seen you comment in passing about people not saving tribute points after the spending section. Realistically, if you’ve given yourself access to all the amenities, what would you be spending these extra points on? Like, if you didn’t pick Hot Springs and decide you want to go one day, you’re just SOL?

Are you prepared for the cyoa of the real master race?

That's the old version, though.

It's 2am somewhere, I guess.

You can pay to use many amenities you didn't buy, but you have to pay significantly more per visit (or item, or...) and there's no guarantee it'd be available.

Also, you might need to trade directly with other Hunters or just pay fines for breaking rules rather than doing community service.

All my shit is old, if you got something newer feel free to chime in.

>what would you be spending these extra points on?
In case you screw up and not hit your quota, you won't be bend over backwards by the God. It's like how you save a little money each month, you don't spend everything.

Provisions spring to mind mostly. They are expensive and not all players want to completely invest in them. Specific items or services that are necessary for your survival.

But yes, everything can be bought with coins except for persona options, though they can be a lot more expensive.

And this too.

>Sefer Raziel
>Tefillin
>Citizenship in the Underworld
>Bonus boon triggers Revka + Ilbath
>Take the box

Box was worth it.

>Everything except fer Persona options
Wait, so you can rent a servant?

>Aryan

>Alignments still nonsensical
Switch Latino and Indian.
Switch Middle Eastern and African.

You should check the underground for all the poor master-less servants. Easy pickings.

...shit, now I want to buy servants in bulk and just sort of have a sex mansion.

Someone has to think it's comfy.

Kamina.
Would have said mustang but you did not say where said subhumans would be relocated.

Legitimately the best CYOA ever amde

Agreed