>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/13/coming-soon-beastman-underhive/

>Duncan
Making Mortarion video ATM

>FAQs and Errata, GW up to 1.3, FW up to 1.2:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads#warhammer40k

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Templars

Second for the fists

Finished batch painting 13 Plague Marines today.

A hell on Earth.

What should I paint next as a reward? Bloat Drone? Plaguecrawler?

Bloat Drone.

You hype for the Blight Hauler?

Can someone explain to me how the void shields work on the GI Joe Primaris Playset?
Why does it say you have to roll a 7+? Is there a limited number? Does it work anything like the old void shields?

b8

First bright green I've seen since GW released the new death guard, with that shitty default paint scheme (sorry French guy, models are decent).

Hype as fuck. Gonna get 2 I think. Don't wanna run them as a squad, will spread out and buff stuff.

I'm genuinely sorry if it's bait. I'm tired and a little sloshed, I want to know what the hell is going on with that heretic Cawl

Basically means 7+ is when it stops working

BIG

WET

DIAPER

Which edition did gw decide "giant siege shields should be the same as dozer blades" before squatting the shields entirely in 8th?

Hard mode: Why?

Nightmare mode: How do you unfuck the vindicator?

"Blight Hauler" should have been the name of a transport.

How nasty would it be to see this huge, rotting, putrid beast of a catapiller-tank come rolling up to a defence line and puke its guts out? Only the guts are moving, and then you realize they're MARINES who themselves have guts oozing out of them?

>Which edition did gw decide "giant siege shields should be the same as dozer blades"
4th edition?

>How do you unfuck the vindicator?
D3 shots per five models to a minimum of 1.
>1 model, d3 shots
>5 models, d3 shots
>9 models, d3 shots
>10 models, 2d3 shots
>30 boy horde of orks, 6d3 s10 ap-3 damage d6 shots

So why not mark it off the same as the way they mark weapons with no AP? Is there any circumstance where a roll of 7+ is possible?
Is it literally just an invulnerable save that can deal with mortal wounds?
Is this how the pre-existing void-shield equipped vehicles work in the indexes or wherever they are? I don't play titans I'm a poorfag

Sometimes you've got modifiers.
Yes it is an anti-mortal wound invul
Yeah void shields all work the same.

Why are Templars so awesome? This edition would be perfect if they had their Vows back.

What chapter would most fittingly ally with pic related?

Okay thanks.
How have Titan users responded to the change to void shields? I quite liked the concept of a "regenerating vehicle on top of a vehicle".
Wasn't there a relic for some obscure army that had a void shield on a character? Inquisition? That's gone is it? Or am I thinking of 30k?

Not really enough Titan owners to have a consensus. I bet they like having the insurance against Smite.

That was a 30k relic.

That one that's a tool for the high lords.

>tfw Nids are my favourite faction
>tfw can't afford to play them
>tfw playing primaris marines instead

Painted version, user, come on.

Elaborate

Why can't you afford to play them?

I don't play them, but Titans were considerably cooler before, and Void Shields worked better as extra health rather than just a pissy 5++ that doesn't even stack on a normal VSG. 3++ is pretty badass on the Warlord, though.

That relic was 30k, and because relics were the equivalent of "narrative games only" nobody ever really used them. Was pretty cool to have an Archmagos striding through the battlefield shrugging off missiles and even occasional lascannons. With T6 3++ 5+++ W4 IWND they could do that already, but this way you could bring your Myrmidon buddies with you in the party bubble.

Not sure if it's the space sharks or the ones with the red and white paint scheme. Greek larpers?

Any chapter that disregards civilians and mortals, so IH/BT/MM/Sharks.

It still actually looks like a full diaper.

>t. literally has a 2 year old running in a diaper in front of me

Ironically, because they're way more efficient for their points now. Two carnifexes are less than 200pts, despite being £55 from GW.

Oh not arguing that. Just think it's better to post the painted version.

Minotaurs?

Minotaurs probably.

True.

>bt
Oh baby an excuse to start a bt army
Or minotaurs:^)

It's coming out? i was told they fucked the moulds up somehow.

Do your own troops block line of sight and if so, what's the point of screening? You're just letting your own shit get shot up with no chance of retaliation.

You shouldn't really give much credence to internet rumors.

But its a EZ push fit kit coming out.

but its garbage, don't take it

Wish its eyes were more human. it looks like a literal goat, not a human that's turned all weird over 20000 years

They only block line of sight if they completely block line of sight.

Its really useful to charge a unit while out of LoS, They won't be able to overwatch you.

So, ideas on how to customize a Scarab Occult Terminator to count-as an Exalted Sorcerer? going to buy a pair of legs to use the extra bits in the kit. I would use him as an actual termie sorc but they suck in comparison. Shittier gun, slower, no aura, shittier stats and you pay a solid 20 points extra.

Screening is there to absorb charges, not shooting.

What faction would be the most appreciative of the blues music?

stormtroopers

it's more like a manbeast than a beastman

>unit of 9 terminators
>vindicator can kill at most 3
fuck that

>but its garbage, don't take it

How is a fairly cheap tough as fuck melta/missle caddy no one is going to waste bullets trying to kill that gives every marine/possessed nearby a 2+ save garbage?

Also since when was Death guard the tourneyfaggot army? i'm playing for fun nigga

Double-tap when moving at half speed.

There was a leak this week that showed an Easy To Build Blight Hauler kit. Also Aggressors and a Redemptor

>Nightmare mode: How do you unfuck the vindicator?
Make its wounds spread. Give it a gun that does D3 damage, but unused wounds transfer to other models like mortal wounds do.

>How do you unfuck the vindicator?
bring back templates. yes, all of them

I wish he had a darker skin tone and fur. Would probably look better that way.

1K Sons?
They are gloomy, intelligent, and do their own thing, their knowledge laid the foundation for other Astartes styles (psyker abilities before the full development of Librarius).
[Spoiler]Also they are Blue[/spoiler]

I just saw the Trygon for the first time in person.
It's a very beautiful model.

That is all.

No fuck off. Templates were shit.

Good thing it doesn't come pre-painted

Looking for some help with my 1500 SM list. General opinions and suggested tweaks would be appreciated.

HQ - 242 Points

Captain in Gravis Armor - 137pts
- Captain - 102pts
-Boltstorm Gauntlet - 25pts
-Master Crafted Power Sword - 10pts

Primaris Librarian - 105pts
- Primaris Librarian - 93pts
- Force Sword - 12pts
- Bolt Pistol 0pts

Elites - 724 Points

Aggressor Squad - 129pts
-Aggressor x 3 -75pts
- Boltstorm Gauntlets x3 (14 points) - 42pts
- Fragstorm Launchers x3 (4 points) - 12pts

Terminator Assault Squad - 260pts
- Terminators x 5 (31pts) - 155pts
- Thunder Hammers x5 (16pts) 80pts
- Storm Shields x5 (5pts) 25pts

Vanguard Veteran Squad - 150pts
- Veterans with Jump packs x5 (18pts) 90pts
- Lightning Claw Pairs x5 (12pts) 60pts

Primaris Apothecary -68 Pts
-Primaris Apothecary 68pts
- Absolver Pistol - 0pts
- Reductor Pistol - 0pts

Company Veterans - 130 pts
- Company Veterans x4 (16pts) 58pts
- Stormshields x4 (5pts) 20pts
- CombiFlamer x2 (11pts) 22pts
- CombiPlasma x2 (15pts) 30pts

Heavy Suppport - 191 Points

Predator - 191 Pts
Predator Chasis - 90pts
-Predator Autocannon - 49pts
- 2x Lascannon (25pts) - 50pts
- Stormbolter - 2pts

Dedicated Transport - 285 Points

Repulsor - 285pts
- Repulsor Chasis - 210pts
- Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon - 36pts
- Twin Heavy Bolter - 17pts
- Ironhail Heavy Stubber - 6pts
- Fragstorm Grenade Launcher - 4pts
- 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launcher (4pts) - 8pts
- 2x Storm Bolters (2pts) - 4pts

So, is a Trygon different than a Trygon Prime model wise? Or is it just a Trygon you're putting more points into?

The prime have some extra spikey bits but for anyone not a nid player the difference is literally nothing

Why? Why not just use the template to determine number of shots? Why are blast weapons designed to kill mobs of infantry most effective at killing single tough models.

Gotcha, but it's not like a brand new model right? I'm looking to get into 40k with Nids starting out, and the start collecting box I'm looking at has a Trygon.

I think it had a special carapace on it's head and maybe a few extra spines

In game it's just 30 more pts for 6 more shots and inches on the shooting attack and Synapse. I'm sad it lost the ability the take relics but oh well.

slows down the game a lot

Just make it 2d3 all the time.

>counting models takes too long in a game that lasts at leasts an hour
Enjoying those Primaris Space Marines™?

The Trygon that comes in the box can be built as a Prime, a regular or a Mawloc. All the pieces to build either is included in the set.
They are all the same model, just different flairs.

>templates were shit
If they don't bring back templates then there's no way to get blast weapons to clear out large squads that doesn't break the wound allocation mechanics. They'd have to just start letting wounds from a vindicator be allocated as though they were mortal wounds.

>enemy has a knight

Templates slowed the game down (both in resolving and by making everyone super anal about spreading out) and led to arguments due to how much was left up to players to interpret.

>Why not just use the template to determine number of shots?

Faggots drop the template and fuck up my models.

It's pretty much all of them, except maybe the Salamanders.

People keep forgetting that the Space Marines are all supposed to be single-minded dicks. They are made to kill the enemy, and civilians are usually just in the way.

The trygon kit in the box has bits to make trygon, trygon prime and mawloc.

The only difference between them is the head bit anyway.

Gotcha, thanks. That's what I had thought, and I knew you could make Mawloc, I just didn't see anything specifically mentioning a prime. Not even sure if that's the route I want to go, but it's nice to have the option.

>dude fun lmao, who cares about winning
>shitty lore that doesn't fit the setting

Why do people like Orks so much?

For its points its damage output and durablitly is garbage. It doesn't do enough for its points

If you want to be a casualfag about it, sure take whatever you want.

Makes sense, thanks.

Agreed.

Mawlocs also have smaller arms and weird tremorsense hair things.

So what do you all think of the Primaris superheavies? To me the cost is just WAY too high. ~650 points minimum.

This might be a stupid question but can you move into range to embark in a transport and then move the transport after models have embarked?

bait

That's part of why I'd never run a Court of the Archon.
4 sslyth are 176 points and come to $104 dollarydoos. They'd need to be much better than they are for that price, especially if I can't be fucked dealing with resin.

>Implying Orks don't shitstomp

You must be one of them 7th ed queers. Quit living in the past bro

Overcosted, shitty-cast resin blocks that won't see use.

It can take relics, it's a character.
It just can't take any good ones.

I would suggest you magnetize the tail weapons and the chest area for the adrenal glands (but chances are you will always run them anyway) and then just build it as you want. Slap whatever you want onto it and run it as either the Trygon or the Prime, nobody knows the visual difference between the two.

few people care about superheavies other than knights

Are hellstrike missiles 1 shot? I don't see anything in the profile to say so, in which case are they just low AP lascannons?

>shitty lore that doesn't fit the setting

40k is basically 'Kitchen Sink - The Setting'
If you haven't just gotten into it the last few years you'd know that. New 40k is taking itself way too serious. Early 40k was basically punk and satire.

Orks were the scratchbuilder's army. A lot of the vehicles in the codex didn't have models. Since GW is more anal about protecting their IP now than ever, after the Chapter House lawsuit they either make models for everything or remove the units from the army lists that don't have models.

Orks were also able to use looted Vehicles and Weapons from other armies. So again, loads of conversion potential.

In the early days they were less insular. They were more like pirates and/or mercenaries.

Is magnatizing stuff much harder? It honestly seems like the way to go for most weapons and such and not too much harder.

Do you want the autists arguing about how many models are under it, or exactly where it was again?

So how do we make Blue and Pink horrors more appealing to use over Brimes, or at least make them on par with one another?

>roll the die closer to the target unit please

Give them a better shooting attack rather than relying on smite.

>It can take relics, it's a character.
>It just can't take any good ones.
Oh shiit i didn't notice

I used to run the Miasma cannon all the time, shame he can't take that anymore, but...Ymgarl factor wouldn't be terrible on him, Kraken's relic would be quite funny too if i played them

Here's a new topic: I've never understood how do you pronounce "Ymgarl"?

>you have a Falchion

Small models (I did wyches for Shadow War) it kinda sucks. Anything bigger and it's not an issue.
Plastic it's soft enough you can just turn the drill bit by hand, so don't even need to worry about an actual drill, either.

Trygon Prime has a slightly different head. That's literally the only difference.

Mawlocs have a different head and smaller scything talons. I don't think anyone would care if you used the bigger talons and just magnetized the heads.

>You have to have at least 1 blue or pink horror per brimstone
>Units of all brimstones don't count as a troop choice
>Make brimstones unable to be purchased separately, only a result of Split
Take your pick

I don't play with autists. Autistic tryhards will always make the game unfun, regardless of ruleset. Trying to create a ruleset that enforces good sportsmanship and behavior, at the detriment of play, is idiotic.

The autists will aways WAAC, lawyer, and cheat. It's not worth playing against them. As soon as 8th came out we saw all the riptide wings replaced with endless conscripts. You cannot have a fun games with these people. If you couldn't even play tic tac toe with them.