Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1883: Sword Boy Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

You wouldn't bring settings with you.

Would Beast of Possibility allow you to acquire/improve things with A Really Wild Adventure without spending Skill Points?

Touken Ranbu Update!

0.5 - Jumpable. Also nerfed the Kebiishii after doing more research and learning it only scales to the strongest person in the party--it no longer scales to you and the people you gang up on it with, only to the strongest person fighting it at a time. So feel free to gang up on them for an advantage now.

Why does everything need to be anthropomorphized? Is there nothing you won't fuck?

You know, maybe the reason the Kebiishii scale to your party is that they send their strongest members after the strongest targets, while letting the weaker members handle the weaker threats, and once you start fighting the strongest Kebiishii that exists they can't scale up any further than that.

Probably, yeah.

Nice NikaMoth! Looks interesting.

Yes, things that aren't anthropomorphized.

Looking good nika.

Truth be told it doesn't need anthropomorphizing.

Would lacking a human brain or brain-equivalent make you immune to memetic kill agents in SCP?

If only you knew how bad things really are.

About how long does boosted ABNORMAL GROWTHS take to have any noticeable effect?

For instance, if you have super strength that can smash concrete, how long would it take before you can punch a hole in steel or something like that?

For the boosted version, let's say you have a branch of sin from Deadman Wonderland, assuming you don't have any other powers to regenerate blood, how long would it take before you don't even need to use up any blood to manifest your weapon?

Other than Eberron, which is stalled due to the jumpmaker's real life issues, and Adventure Zone that was just revealed are there any D&D jumps in the making?

Is the Shining Trapezahedron capstone the merged version that Demonbane possessed? What even is the difference between the merged and unmerged? Are the Gods inside of it Outer God level, and are we supposed to wank their powers or is there a list somewhere?

You're asking how long it would take for your ability to turn your blood into a weapon to not use blood in the process? You don't see a problem with that idea?

Well, if it's anthropomorphized like in your pic (besides being a loli), there's barely any difference between fucking it and fucking a human. I'd honestly say it's weirder if you had problems with it.

Person from /a/ here. Once again I find myself in this place, I was hoping they wouldnt get mentioned here again.

I just have to make sure, this isnt more than just, crazy silly fanfiction yes?

What are these perks from? The names sound familiar.

Depends on whether the specific agent depends on the target having a human brain or not.

>implying it needs to be anthro for some jumpers to fuck it
Oh, you innocent summer child...

I don't know the series, but I'd guess that it depends on the agent in question. Some may need a brain, some may attack your soul/lifeforce/whatever.

FIRST WITH BOOKS

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE GOTTA TEACH THIS LESSION

I mean, a lot of people also use it for min/maxing, like that guy at the D&D table who figured out how to do over four thousand damage at level two.

But yeah, that's basically all this is. It's just self-insert fanfiction.

>my Touken Ranbu pal
You mean Regina, right?

Can confirm. Stuck dick in a boat.

The boosted version of the perk explicitly states that you can eventually grow past the weaknesses and material costs for using an ability, it just takes a hell of a lot of time to do something like that.

No, we're actually multidimensional travelers using Veeky Forums to communicate. Congratulations, you've found our secret! Please head out to your lawn and we'll be there to pick you up in short order to take you on a magical adventure. For best results, remove your pants and start yelling at the sky, that way we'll know it's you.

Looking forward to its completion Nika, thanks and good luck.

ANYTHING IS A DILDO IF YOU'RE BRAVE ENOUGH

It's actually just a figment of your imagination.

Please wake up.

Having so many notes about an unrelated jump in this jump seems a bit over reaching

In that case I guess its fine. As long as they dont do anything too weird, or if they do keep it to themselves, I can live with that.

No thank you.

Hey Val, can a Fourth Tier Briah have conceptual powers? If so, how many non-conceptual powers would each count as for comparison with the canon example?

Yeah, I know, but it doesn't make sense with that particular example. You're not consuming your blood as a cost for the power, the power is just moving your blood around as a weapon. Stop using blood to do it, and nothing happens.

Fuck off, I like being in a coma.

Hey, buddy: Fuck off. No one cares about your opinion.

Don't make me call Marche.

>Storing Scroll
>If you have no knowlege of souls.
Hmm?

I use it as a story prompt. Which nobody shall ever read.

Hm, good point, I guess it was just a bad example to begin with. I only mentioned it because it was the only ability with an integrated weakness that I could think of off the top of my head. No use being all stubborn about it now.

>You get only one Omamori per realm visit, and you may give it to another person for them to use.
Please don't use 'realm' when you mean 'jump', unless you do in fact mean that you get one every time you travel to another planet/alternate reality/etc.

I've imagined it as generally being a few months for any significant improvements to feature, since the stuff in series generally upgraded across the 1-2 year timeline of the story.

The branch of sin stuff probably wouldn't work. While the perk can work down material costs, if the power is about manipulating your own blood, you're still going to need to use your own blood in it. On the other hand, that probably means the other aspects of it get boosted faster.

It's just the singular version. The difference is that the merged version is two of them combined, making it a lot stronger. I believe the gods inside are but on the lower end of it. I imagine they're just generic powers for that sort of being.

A fourth tier one can, the third tiers do. It depends on what you're getting.

You can fuck a sword if you're brave enough and you have regen.

Sword fucking has been a time honored jumpchain tradition ever since Hero BBS came out, except in Touken Ranbu the swords are men.

Besides I've been fucking a sword for a while now in one of my chains. I will never stop sword fucking.

Nope! Someone who isn't part of jumpchain!

That is a good point, I should say jump instead.

who?

>The branch of sin stuff probably wouldn't work.

Yeah, that was probably the worst example I could have come up with. I just wanted a baseline for how the decreasing costs part of the equation took.

I kinda wanted to avoid bringing the big one up right away, but what about the language weakness of Legendary Hero?

I'd also like to ask about the bad luck effect from Imagine Breaker, but that might be a similar case to Branch of sin, where it's so integral to the abilities function.

How do you raise children Jumpers?

>the language weakness of Legendary Hero
That's already been asked and answered. The answer was yes. But "eventually", so who knows how long it'd take.

Would probably take quite a long time for Legendary Hero's weakness to go away, at least a few jumps of time, but it would eventually leave.

Imagine Breaker? Kinda is just a side effect of it as an ability. I guess it might eventually grow to you being able to selectively choose what it effects but that might take some time.

>Mook Summons
>All Into One
What counts as a "minion" for this? Is it just allies, or what?

Ok, thanks, that should work just fine as a baseline for other abilities of that nature.

Dirge

Like any parent would, of course! I feed them, clothe them, show them love and affection, teach them to laugh maniacally, give them advice when they need it, give them evil scheming lessons, do such things as freeze an entire world and end galactic empires if anyone threatens them...

Standard stuff.

Lovingly giving them the full experience of media, spending time with them at the expense of training and raising them with help from waifus. I give them a firm backing in education and then when they are of age I would offer a harder course that lets them learn faster but involves getting hurt (but I do comfort them afterwords and reward them for putting up with the trial). I also do my best to give them an unbiased positive morality (basically it's complicated)

Now that's the attitude of a winner.

For Mook Summons, something you'd find in a faceless army. The perk itself is talking about any mook making in general, by default you make zombies with the perk alone.

For All Into One "minion" refers to people under your command. You could merge companions with it if you're their leader but the companion limit remains. You just can't merge with them.

Why do you talk about Fate Grand Order so much in your notes?

What if one of my companions gets the All Into One perk? Would it work on me then?

I think that it could work with the Branch of Sin stuff, it would just make the ability more efficient with the blood use rather than completely erasing the blood use requirement.
To make the ability lossless, you would need a more general hemokinesis on top to collect blood lost to the environment.

Something like that, yeah

Can't raise what you don't have.

>implying I have children

No.

Why are you ignoring the Fate questions?

Because it's a weird thing to get weird about.

Why is it weird? You talk a bunch about an unrelated jump in your jump. That's never been seen as polite.

That doesn't really answer why you're putting it in there.

>penalize toes

What can the Necronomicon/Demonbane we buy eventually grow to? Like apparently EGD would be something we'd have to figure out on our own, but what about Mars Demonbane?

>teasel ponies

Does Twilight Gold give you awareness proportional to your control?

To be a bit less coy about it, if Twilight Gold makes you nigh-omnipotent, does it also make you nigh-omniscient to keep up?

For some reason, that felt really gross to type out.

>eolian steeps

I can't remember what made it grow into Mars, so maybe? A lot of it just depends on how you come to use it or what you add to it and so on.

>isolate penes

You tell me

It does, yeah.

It grew into Mars Demonbane because of the giant summoning circle on Mars. Thus the name. So I guess if you built up a bunch of infrastructure to strengthen it, that could work?

Sounds good to me.

I've gone off a "If Precia did it, don't" method since Nanoha.

Why do you think I put that shit in the notes instead of talking about it in the actual jump?

Are there any more Legend of Zelda jumps in the works?

What are the best jumps to find spirits, demons and strange creatures from other planes?

Does that mean Demonbane have some sort of adaptive ability? Like if you use it with the Shining Trapezahedron will it power up in response?

The notes are part of the actual jump. You make rulings and clarifications and important things in them.

Uh...kinda? I mean like, it totally does get stronger with the Shining gem. It doing so with two of them is how the first game ends.

>Diablo Jews

Yes, and?

Seems like a weird thing to have a problem with. I guess I won't do it anymore in future jumps, I guess, if you find it so weird.

So what was the deal with Elder God Demonbane? If I recall, Demonbane's power ups come from using different Grimoires on it, or evidently works too, so how did it end up as something that seems to have literally infinite power on hand?

I personally don't mind and I rather like it. It adds personality that isn't really offensive. I think he is just giving you a hard time

What are some good perks for Jumpers who spend most of their existence wearing a blank expression brought about by the inanity of their surroundings?

I'm quite fond of the elemental spirits in Exalted. To tell the truth, I always found the example demons in the books to be kind of boring, but the elementals are really creative. They embody symbolism or abstract concepts of the elements rather than just being roughly-humanoid blobs of literal elemental structure like in a lot of settings. So you've got things like the doldrums, spirits of becalmed winds that appear as gleaming outlines of empty space and who search for meaning and purpose. You've got the quicksilver ants, embodiments of toxic metals found beneath the earth that are masters of chemistry. You've got the stick people, tiny wood elementals fascinated by the ideas of heroism and chivalry like children play fighting with sticks. There's a lot of cool stuff.

Silent protagonist from Disgea, you won't even need to respond to people to cooperate with them.

It's not literally infinite, given it eventually was defeated. From what I can gather, the pilots got turned into Elder Gods, which then powered up Demonbane as well.

Adding personality from other jumps isn't a good thing. Including notes about other jumps in your jumps has never been looked fondly on. People are almost always criticised for using examples from other jumps in their work.

So would being a 600 cp God also power up Demonbane? Also, does Clockwerk Phantom have the ability to power up through summoning circles and magic stuff?

Having just read the notes, I don't see anything wrong with the mentions. There's nods, sure, but it's in the notes so it's not like it's messing up the feeling of the Jump itself. I think the other guy is throwing a fit over nothing. You do you NikaMoth.

Where are the pilots in DYN?

Does the scenario Demonbane have infinite power?
Also, are Elder Gods just more powerful or evolved versions of Outer Gods, or are they different things?

Where can I get and/or build Mazingolfer Z?