Weekend Elder Scrolls Thread

Hammerfell: Land of Crowns, Forebears, and Swords Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
[UESRPG new link] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except Vehk and Vehk
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Yokuda:

Sorry for the formatting at the end there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6ImsxgWxYA&ab_channel=RoshankRedemption
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_3rd_Edition/High_Rock
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Warp_in_the_West
imperial-library.info/content/many-headed-talos
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad
en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Akaviri_Commander_Mishaxhi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Question for the thread.

No doubt a great many anons who post here like the metaphysics of TES, whether you like MK or not, its a driving factor in discussion here.

However, in the past we've had good talk about the physical and the nature of the world in which most TES people live.

Which brings us to the question, how do you try and bridge the two, how much does some of the esoteric nature of TES come into your games when you try and make your group realize that things they are dealing with might be beyond Mundus itself?

As always, remain respectful, informative, and have a goddamn blast talking about shit? Colovia user and Linguistics user? Always ready to talk to you on my end here.

First for Orcs

Huh. I figured it'd be less green and more deserty. I see the two there, but they just don't seem expansive enough.

Remember, just because it is more arid doesn't mean desert. We could have seasonal growing times as well as dry heat all around.

What region do you want for ES:6?

My vote (coincidentally with the OP) is for Hammerfell.
>Cool name for the normies
>deserts
>forests
>pirate-themed coastline
>Potentially African animals
>Arabian with Imperial culture

leaks say valenwood though

I would prefer valenwood; i'm a bosmerfag and I love forests

Hol up. Leaks?

I'd like to see black marsh and elsweyr, but neither are likely to ever happen since throwing the idea to set the next installment in an alien province primarily populated by beast people is basically guaranteed to get shot down by bethesda execs immediately.
I don't have any faith that they're going to be setting the bar higher than just making skyrim 2, so a hammerfell game with reskinned sword singing instead of dragon shouts seems like a likely candidate. I'd like to see valenwood too but again I don't really trust them not to make the giant trees and forests completely lame.

youtube.com/watch?v=W6ImsxgWxYA&ab_channel=RoshankRedemption

this same leak predicted nuka world, and greenheart is the name of a city in valenwood

I want Elsweyr, but I think we're probably going to either get Valenwood or Hammerfell.

I feel like Valenwood is on the list because we haven't explored the Bosmer in much detail in the games. They're elven, which means there's going to me a human-looking main race while still having weird elven forest shit. The lore is going to be half gutted, no walking forests for sure. Any tree cities are going to be behind loading screens.

I would prefer Hammerfell though.

I'd rather Hammrfell...

I don't...hate the Bosmer, just never cared for them as much as I do other races.

High Rock

CHIMpill me on High Rock, user.

All I do is just hobby brainstorming (it might sound strange for someone posting on Veeky Forums but my closest encounter with any game the anons on this board play was looking through D&D rulebooks) and I'm interested in the more "mundane", so the metaphyics don't cross my mind very often.
Anyway, life's been busy so I haven't spent much time thinking about TES culture or linguistics. So here's something different; a map someone posted on the Alternate History forum that I thought someone would find interesting.

Now just wondering, is that "impassable" referring to all travel or just large groups? I can see how the Argonians would be able to get around in large bunches, but I can see Imperial scouts trying to go it alone.

Like the Amazon times a thousand. Said Imperial scouts would end up dying of thirst, hunger, succumbing to a disease (or a combination of several), end up as someone's dinner, disappear in quicksand... Stepping off a boat would be guaranteed death for a non-Argonian.

Friendly reminder.

>dying of thirst or hunger in the middle of a rainforest
Literally how?

Hey, I recognize this map style.

Don't drink the bog water

There's a newer version, actually.

Both seem wrong to me, like shouldn't Evermore and Farrun be separate entities. and I thought the Orsinium was just a city not an entire kingdom.

>shouldn't Evermore and Farrun be separate entities
>Orsinium was just a city not an entire kingdom.

>"Where once there were a hundred small squabbling kingdoms, today, just two decades after the Miracle, there are five."
>"Almost twenty years have passed, and the region, though transformed, has stabilized. There are no more disputed territories, and the kingdoms of Daggerfall, Wayrest, Sentinel, and Orsinium hold their new borders in relative peace."
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_3rd_Edition/High_Rock

>"Northpoint and Evermore were not directly affected by the Miracle of Peace, but took advantage of it, swallowing up their small neighbors in the chaos of its aftermath."
>"King Gortwog of Orsinium controls much of the Wrothgarian Mountains as well as the profitable rivercoast of the Bjoulsae. He persists in his demands that Orsinium be recognized as an Imperial province separate from High Rock. The Elder Council treats Gortwog as a recognized king, and collects taxes directly from Orsinium, but officially Orsinium remains a county of High Rock, though technically it spans both the provinces of High Rock and Hammerfell."
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Warp_in_the_West

>Arabian with Imperial culture
I think they're more similar to Berbers than arabs

>What region do you want for ES:6?
More like "Which region's lore do you want Bethesda to rape next?"
The answer is obviously none.

THeres a natural progression for TES Loremongers

>I just like the world, MK is an idiot its all a bunch of brain wanking, tell me more about the Akaviri!
>CHIM LOL! Everything is a dream dude lmao
>I am interrested in the deeper meanings of Aurbis, nobody cares about the Dwemer anymore, everyone knows the Golden Skin theory, Salmon leaping and the Magne Ge Pantheon are the only true frontiers of the lore
>Dude i just want to know more about what life is in a Nibenese Fishing village

Either Hammerfell or Elsweyr

Well if that's the actual question then Black Marsh or Elswyr

Is 1e of UESRPG better than 3e? I'm running 3e and it seems balanced, except maybe for Scroll of Oblivion, where even Scamps have Natural Toughness (5).

Also, how do you handle stuff that mages can potentially do, but have no spell
> warrior and mage join a gang
> have to smash up a shop that doesn't pay gold for "protection"
> NPCs go with them to confirm that job is done
> "hey, can I make an illusion of me burning all the merchandise and messing up the shop in general?"

> have to sign a mercenary contract
> basically "you do this job for us and we pay you"
> no small font bullshit, merely there to make sure PCs will do the job
> warrior signs without a doubt
> mage wants to make a signature that will fade in time or he wishes so

I allow this, since these situations are unexpected and mage is very happy with this, since he doesn't have to invest into something else plus the talent system encourages using magic for practically anything.

>"hey, can I make an illusion of me burning all the merchandise and messing up the shop in general?"
High level Illusion skill required.
>mage wants to make a signature that will fade in time or he wishes so
Alchemy or Illusion required.

Chim's cool and stuff but something we know nothing about is the most important organisation that runs much of northern Morrowind and Vvardenfell - the Street sweeping guild. Surely, someone has to keep the streets clean so the city people don't have to wade through knee-deep ash.

He rolled fairly well, plus he has Illusion at Adept.

I would say that the former would require the complete mastery of Illusion, but oh well.

Does the Tamriel calender have 365 days?

For Arena and Daggerfall, they went with a calendar where every month was 30 days long but after that changed it to fit the Gregorian calendar.

None. I don't want Bethesda to make any new games. Especially TES or Fallout.

Hot damn, user. Not sure I'm entirely on board, I think a slim chance of survival would be good for players.

If you bring friends, you can come out just severely malnourished instead of dead from hunger.

Hey, smug Bosmer.

You'd die too.

The holidays from Daggerfall still there?

Bosmer would probably have the best shot of any non-Argonian of making it through

If you are actually running a game, focus on mundane world building for lower levels, then bring in some of the metaphysics at higher levels as appropriate. Focus on telling a good story instead of trying to shoe-horn in your favorite bits of deep lore and headcanon. Unless you are GMing for a bunch of hardcore MK fans, then your game is destined to dissolve into endless arguments about differing interpretations of metaphysics anyways.

Is there actually a list of which cities are Crown and which are Forebear somewhere? An user on the previous thread posted one, though he probably made some assumptions. As far as I can tell, the official list is as follows:
Crown: Hegathe, Elinhir
Forebear: Sentinel, Taneth, Rihad

What if they were all powerful wizards? Alteration school spells for movement (levitation, shield, water walking and water breathing) and restoration to cure and resist ailments (blight, poison, disease, petrification, fatigue whatever else). Optionally Mysticism for detection spells and illusion for invisibility/chameleon.
If mages have reportedly been able to traverse completely unlivable daedric hellscapes I can't imagine some shithole swamp could be worse.

You just need some native guides

>Read guide.
>Play oblivion

Where are the jungles?

use the mod you mongoloid

also use the character overhaul

>"And after the throne of Alinor did finally break at the feet of Men, and news of it came to the Dragon Emperor in Cyrodiil, he gathered his captains and spoke to them, saying:

>"'You have suffered for me to win this throne, and I see how you hate jungle. Let me show you the power of Talos Stormcrown, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you.'"

imperial-library.info/content/many-headed-talos

What happens here?

Stuff.

>You hate this place which you willingly settled into and built the seat of your empire in so let me just terraform it for you lmao. Not going to touch all those ayleid ruins though, nobody's going to deny what we did here.
Might as well have just left it as "lol chim". Trying to justify that retcon like that just makes it seem even more lazy.

I mean, they settled there and all that thousands of years before this happened. It's the traditional home of the empire by that point, and the opinions of the land can change over time.

Not him, but High Rock is literally feudal Europe if everybody could cast minor quality-of-life spells.

Just a ton of mountains and forests.

for the most part, I really dig the character overhaul but I simply cannot get past those teddygrams khajiits.

Would seem mostly English, French and a little German in there too.

Still better than vanilla where they look like retarded gorillas with vomit smeared faces.
Alternatively, since this is Oblivion, there likely exists a mod that turns them all into catgirls somewhere on the nexus or on some obscure Chinese forum if you're willing to put in the effort.

Shouldn't the line from Bretons go to Nedes and Aldmer, not Altmer and Imperial.

Reminder that Heavy Armour Canonically is holding the Hammerfelians back from killing everything again

It does.

I'm GMing for people who can appreciate Morrowind's story, but like playing Skyrim

Which mod?.

Bretons are feudal, so they should have noble houses/clans/families right? So why aren't there any named ones?

This.

Rate my UESRPG plot (heavy lore warning)

>One of the people involved in the enantiomorph of Tiber Septim dupes the PCs into helping him find an artifact
>Artifact is used and fucks up the kalpic balance
>PCs pulled into portal linking standard kalpa to another one
>Kalpa they end up in is ruled by the dreugh
>Turns out the dreugh are trying to escape their kalpa and conquer others
>Unable to make a breach large enough for an invasion without having influence in the destination kalpa
>Manage to make a small breach and send the artifact through
>PCs just paved the way for a dreugh invasion of their home kalpa
>PCs now starting a rebellion of various other races who have been subjugated by the dreugh with the goal of destroying the dreugh portal and stopping the invasion

How familiar are your players with lore/how will you be presenting this?

It seems like it could easily overwhelm them.

Seems a bit on the nose if you ask me.

I think it works. I don't see why not.

From the Dregh kalpa'so point of view you'd have heros in strange armor and weapons being sent by the gods to liberate them like Pelinal, Morhous, and Alessa for the Nedes.

General lack of any reason to expand upon lore would be my guess. I also remember reading that the number of families is very large, and that they all keep each other in line.

Sinismer are the Maormer according to MK.
Pretty sure Orsimer also come form Aldmer not from Altmer, same with Chimer and Ayleids.

The Khajiit come from Proto Bosmer so you might wanna make a seperate tree for those

The Hist are unrelated to the et'Ada so the Argonian tree is bullshit.

The HIst come from the previous tree meaning the HIst are unrelated to ANYTHIGN within the Aurbis.

The Argonians are et'ada derived subgradiences (animals) changed around by the Hist.

The Magne Ge are not descendants of Magnus, the Magne ge are other Ada that fled like Magnus did, they are also not precursors to the ehlnofey, you are thinking of the Star Orphans here who worshipped the magne ge, we still dont know who they were but theres a good chance they were proto nedes.

The Nords are furthermore not descendant from the Nedes thats bullshit imperial propaganda. The nords are descendant from the Atmorans who are a seperate tree.

Hist come from the Previous Dream sorry

Google Oblivion jungle mod, theres 3 or 4, one of em is realy good.

Nords of Atmora, the Redguards of Yokuda and the Tsaesci of Akavir

>en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Annotated_Anuad

Tsaesci arent Humans, there are humans in the nation of Tsaesci tho.

Tsaesci are humans retard, The yare fucking Goa'uld

Fucking c0dafags

Stop passing off your retarded conjecture as lore.

Whats the Golden Skin and salmon leaping?

you're still a c0dafag, even bethesda itself and ESO heaviily implied that the Tsaesci are fucking humans with Goa'uld snakes on them

>bethesda itself
The only reason Tsaesci are humans in Oblivion is because Bethesda is fucking lazy.
>and ESO
Just fuck off.

I know a ghost who would disagree

en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Akaviri_Commander_Mishaxhi

I also know that the whole armor style of Akavir is for humanoid, they wouldn't need greaves or boots if they are as snakelike as Townway describes them.

>I also know that the whole armor style of Akavir is for humanoid
Well yeah, it's Akavir-inspired armour for Cyrodils.

I kinda do, but Im very happy playing TES Online

Why does MK hate Bretons so much?

Any tips on RPing a breton priestess of Mara?

Or well, generally on how the priesthood and religion works

Become a Dibella practitioner, have authorized orgies.

There is a mention of House Gardner ruling Wayrest before Emeric in ESO, then there is a feud between two houses of Rivenspire over who will rule it.

But yeah, there is very little lore on High Rock in 3e

I'd say Dibella is a god of not just sex. She is a goddess of all beauty, art, poetry..

Kinda like good Slaanesh

Well that sounds like the perfect area for a video game desu treeko

>thirst
Water is polluted.You also can't clean it,because fire is impossible to make and maintain and sand is buried below layers of rotting muck
>hunger
Everything is toxic,stronger than you,riddled with parasites,very hard to reach or all four.

Add diseases taking your reserves and it's easy to see how.

Golden Skin theory is that the dwemer became the golden skin of the numidium instead of simply vanishing.

Salmon leaping is something related to the first time we learned that Anu was the first amranth, that took place on Memospore IIRC, cant tell you what salmon leaping is exactly but i think it is Ada leaping between Kalpas, i think Mehrunes dagon as the leaper devil king and Molag Bal with his dreugh kalpa were two examples.

ESO Absolutley does not imply that the Tsaesci are humans, ESO outright STATES that they are snake people, which you would know if you played the very first zone where a literal Veteran of the Akaviri war talks about fighting the snake people.

And oh gee i wonder why in Oblivion, the game so well known for keeping true to the lore they didnt make a model for a snake person for a single quest.

Boggles the mind doesnt it.

Hes wearing blades armor in case you cant tell. Because the model is a representation, you could have used a much better argument, which im now going to make for you because this annoys me, that the Akaviri Dragonguard in Skyrim were humans.

To which to say: yes the Tsaesci ate the humans, which means there are humans living in tsaesci society, that doesnt mean the tsaesci are humans.

This is all not very complicated.

Just to clear this up. The people of Tsaesci are Snakemen who are able to take on the forms of other races by vampirically "feeding" off their cultures.
The humans of Akavir had their civilization 'swallowed' by Tsaesci.

>where a literal Veteran of the Akaviri war talks about fighting the snake people
Except that invasion came from Kamal.

Clear this up...

Are Bosmer some sort of primordial beings that are given shape by Y'ffre as part of the Green Pact, or are they descendents of the Aldmer, and cousins to the Altmer? It can't be both.

Yes.

That's a redguard, ya dingus.

Sure thing.
They are Aldmeri.

It is ALL beings (save for Khajiit, who are bound to the Lattice, and possibly Argonians) that were given their forms by Y'ffre/Earthbones.
The Green Pact doesn't really have anything to do with it, its just the Bosmer's own special pact with Y'ffre.
The Wild Hunt likewise comes from the Bosmer's own special retained knowledge of how to bypass the laws of natural form set in place by Y'ffre, that affect all Ehlnofeic beings, which, being as blasphemous as it sounds, is one of the many reasons it is rarely practiced.

Highrock, if they can actually give it love and make it cool.

Valenwood if they can't since there's so much established lore that it's harder to mess up. Also, so I can bully merlets.

Wow, it's almost like this is Veeky Forums and there is a separate board for video games you should be posting this on.

Nothing.
As of Daggerfall, they're ruled by some unnamed Lady, their regional deity is Dibella, and the dominant Vampire clan is the Lyrezi.
The city of Koegria lacks a palace, they have no knightly order, and off the top off my head I think they fell under Wayrest's control following the Warp.

Go read "Interview With Three Writers", see what Carlovac Townway has to say on the matter.

Its not destroyed after the "miracle of peace"?

Fuck off newfag torchic

Not that we're aware of.