How do human/demon couples fare in your setting, Veeky Forums? Are they impossible? Subjected to intense hostility...

How do human/demon couples fare in your setting, Veeky Forums? Are they impossible? Subjected to intense hostility? Accepted? Outcasts? Are they both happy?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/tg/search/text/"in your setting" couples|relationships|marriage|interspecies/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/54777590/#54777590
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They fare poorly. A demon always has ulterior motives. Even if they love a mortal, their love is conditional, and a demon does not like to lose what they love. A demon may love a witch with which they bear a tiefling child. He may love the witch and the child, but the child may also one day provide to be the key to opening last seal to the seven-backed beast that will eat the world. Also the witch's soul is his on death, which he will take to Hell.

Female demons with male harems
Captcha: Porking Franklin

> the witch's soul is his on death, which he will take to Hell
I mean, that doesn't seem like an awful thing to be on the receiving end of. You'd still be loved by the demon and they would take care of you, just gotta get used to hearing human beings being tortured regularly while you snuggle with your demon husbando somewhere for an eternity.

Impossible, yes, because demons are congealed shadows becoming completely inhuman and utterly malevolent creatures who desire nothing more than dragging as many souls as they can back with them to the Tyrant Godhead's dominion.

Well, if the spirit is called a demon, that implies it has at least some enemies, probably many. (Chances are good it's earned them, but it's not a foregone conclusion.) Also, some societies may frown upon humans and spirits marrying in general, which could be a problem. Overall, the happiness of human/demon couples depends on a lot of factors, not least whether or not the demon secretly just wants to eat the human's liver right out of their body or something.

They don’t exist as my demons are the canon DOOM demons.

Hell is a terrible place, even for it's occupants.

I'd like to imagine that a paladin righteous enough could redeem a succubus by feeding her with love rather than lust. **Bonus points for her being confused by why holding hands and kissing is suddenly sustaining her better than the thousand of rapes she's committed over the years**

What I saw

The demon is going to torture the soul

S&M play?

Serpents, thorns, chains, firebrands. No safewords.

Don't exist because demons don't.

Not really. You know the cenobites from Hellraiser? The ones with the snaking chains with blades on them?

Demons predate humanity and have interbred with them throughout history. At the present time every human has some demon ancestry. Because of their demon blood humans have no interest in things like racial purity or pride in being human, and only care about power. They still have the social characteristics of pure humans but most of their societies are loose associations that crumble frequently. The humans in mixed couples are looked upon with jealousy because humans covet demons' power and status. The demon is viewed as a manipulator, and other demons may mock them for taking mortal lovers(even though they all do the same). Despite the jealousy, most humans will refuse any long term relationships out of fear of being too deeply involved in a demon's whims. Lifelong human/demon relationships and marriages are rare and only occur between the nicest demons and the evilest humans because otherwise the disparity in moral views would drive a wedge between them. A nice demon will treat humans as valued employees or loved pets, a normal demon will treat humans as livestock. Even so, in most of these marriages, only the demon is happy and the human is subjected to spousal abuse.

>How do human/demon couples fare in your setting
Badly. Oh so very badly.

>Even if they love a mortal, their love is conditional
There's no such thing as unconditional love in the first place.

>Human demon couple.
This idea is retarded. They wouldn't be a "couple", almost physically couldn't be.
At best a succubus would pretend to for an ultimate evil goal. I'm certain most demons wouldn't have a problem having sex with a human, but it would probably end in death.

Demons are physically evil, and can't not be harmful to humans. Dumbass.

>OP specifies to use your own setting
>Autist still upset because he thinks his 'rules' for demons are universal

I have to say, I dig the way you've turned the power dynamic into a 2 way street.

So S&M play turned up to 11

I wonder if she could start a new fad diet about love being more nutritious and cruelty free.

That is standard and common ruling. The idea being that they are creatures who live in hell and seek to do harm to the human realm.

The literal definition of Demon is,
>an evil spirit of devil.
Meaning they have to by definition be evil.

In any DnD or DnD related setting, they are defined and only allowed to be evil. And in most other settings that have demons, they are going to be evil.

Evil beings can still be in relationships. DnD doesn't dictate the rules, OP says to use your own setting.

If a being that is literally pure evil is trying to be in a relationship, I mean it just doesn't work. Either the human is a puppet or he is dead. A romantic relationship wouldn't work because demons have pure intent to cause harm.

This isn't a how society views it problem, this is a the whole idea of the thing even working problem.

It's possible but would go poorly. It could only happen in the first place that a demon is allowed to physically manifest in the mortal world. Cruel and exploitative in nature, the chance of summoning one which wouldn't betray you in some way is even smaller. And of course no one in their right mind would accept a demon living near them, and anyone with the power to do so would try and hunt it down and banish it, and kill you as well.

But just say you summoned one up, one that was less-evil as to not horribly treat you, and that you could retreat to live in seclusion? Then sure, you could live a life with your demon spouse and even have a family together. But once you die that demon has your soul to do with as they please, not to mention that your soul is condemned anyway for parenting a demonic lineage in the mortal realm, and basically gifting that demon a foothold in the world to do whatever it wants. Obviously, chances are in time things would just take their course as eventually holy individuals or orders simply find and purge the menace. Because even if you live in total isolation, there's just no way a demon and an increasing number of half-demon children clustered together, won't taint the area worse and worse till holy folks would end up being drawn to it out of necessity to stop the evil spread.

So very hard to do, very rare, but possible. If the idea of maybe just a lifetime of somewhat happiness with a demon and demonic kids, is worth it to you for an eternity of damnation. Perhaps literally the only exception is that you're such a devout adherent to the faith, that you redeem the demon to at least a neutral state, but you'd have to be like a living saint to accomplish that.

Conditional may have been the wrong word. Possessive is better. A demon in love will do all they can for their lover, they are fond of giving gifts. They're extremely possessive and if you betray them or try to leave them, they will devise a clever way to kill you and take your soul to hell.

in my setting "demon" is a very broad term. Some demons are so unlike humans that even if they are friendly any interpersonal relationship is impossible. Others tend not to care a lot about the affairs of the mortal world. Realistically the demons most likely to be in a relationship are the demons that were once human, though most of them are either servants on a short leash or insane.

That's the Christian definition, breh. Someone could be drawing inspiration from elsewhere.

Depends on the demon and depends on the mortal.

A high level spellcaster entering a relationship with a fiend or devil would hardly be unusual, when you're strong enough to topple kingdoms, level armies and challenge gods you're not exactly afraid of what a CR7 succubus is gonna pull on you. Similarly a high ranking demon goddess or queen of the abyss will interact with them as equals more or less with their particular templates irrelevant in the face of so many class levels. A big cosmic player is a big cosmic player, doesn't really matter where they get their juice from.

Then of course there's pact or contract based relationships with Lawful devils where the power imbalance can be mitigated. I've always liked the idea of a grumpy, brooding, typical edgy vengeance driven warlock being Pacted with an aloof, carefree whimsical demon that doesn't really give a shit about his goals and instead constantly tempts him with pride, sloth, and lust to try and make him lighten up and potentially forget why he sold his soul in the first place

Since demons are basically just another race of people with fae-like intrinsict lawful restrictions as a counter to humanity's chaos, it's possible. It'd be like a klansman marrying a black panther but it's not impossible.

Succubi aren't even sex demons, they're just shapeshifting spies/assassins and it turns out it's super easy to kill someone mid-sex so the misconception that they kill through sex spread

they are encouraged, but only demon male/human female pairings hehe. the human males are too weak

How do humans become demons in the setting?

>"Hey guys, demons are just like humans from my shitty animus!"
Succubi are just horned (and horny) women, guys! "Familiars" are cute girls that you can fuck! Imps are short girls! Also, there are half-human half-spider girls, and you can fuck them too! And all those have cute bubbly personalities as well! And there are couples just like in the real world in the year of our Lord 2017! And harems too!

The absolute state of this place. I'm not mad, just disappointed.

Doesn't seem so bad to me.

>"You solved the box, and we came! Now you must come with us, taste our pleasures!"

Through use of demonic magic, which is mostly contractual in nature. You do something for the demon, the demon does something for you. Since most demons don't care too much about the mortal world, the things they ask of mortals are sometimes pretty demanding, but if either side doesn't hold up to their end of the bargain the consequences are severe. Most demon-servants are those that failed to live up to their end of the deal, though a few actually wanted to become immortal demons, only to discover that the human mind can't really handle demonic power (and hell politics make /pol/ look tame).

There are certain demons which can't be reasoned with however and don't care about contracts. Do not make a deal with these demons since they will twist your wishes. These demons enjoy the pain and suffering of mortals. Usually people turn to them out of desperation, and it never ends well for the people involved.

Do you feel better now that you've got that off your chest?

(Not that user.)
>Demons are physically evil
In the Abrahamic religion. Some of the Demons are Fallen Angels who fell down because they wanted to shack up with Humans when God told them not to. You also had some of the Demons that worked for Solomon who weren't evil to Humans and could be asked questions to help you out.

Just putting it out there.

YOU ALREADY KNOW BECAUSE YOU KEEP ASKING THIS QUESTION OVER AND OVER.
boards.fireden.net/tg/search/text/"in your setting" couples|relationships|marriage|interspecies/type/op/
boards.fireden.net/tg/thread/54777590/#54777590

No, because I know for a fact that OP will not stop making the same exact thread over and over again.

Like any magical being, a demon is subject to its nature - and the nature of a demon is hatred. It can overcome this nature for some time, but will slowly wither away until it gives in. They also spread that hate to everything around them; even the ground becomes blackened and dead in time.

It's very unlikely a human would choose that kind of abusive life. If they did, they would be outcasts because no one wants the village to be ruined.

>The Succubus inspired by your example becomes a devout nun and swears a vow of chastity.

>both of you are this autistic

You don't know that.
Maybe your disapproval is just the thing OP needs to see the error of his ways.

it's complicated, but not as rare as you think.
You know how girls always see bad boys and are like "I can change him!" and get into relationships with them, only to not actually succeed at changing them?

It's like that, but with crusaders instead of bad boys.

I for one would be happy if he made the same thread over and over again, as this is more in line with what Veeky Forums was like before all of our memes were replaced with foreign ones, and will assist in providing native competition to help muscle them out.

They don't fare at all, because there are no such couples. Demons are twisted, hungry chaos personified, and only way to interact with them besides getting attacked and getting your soul devoured in case of losing is to bind them into a set form, which is basically the most horrible thing possible for them.
A demon would only be happy if it devoured all that is and isn't, all the other demons, and in the end cannibalized itself. Only in it's very last moment would it know happiness.

>the story of a paladin turning succubus good was fabricated by succubi themselves to lure paladin novices to their doom

>Implying this is a bad end

Cambions become self-aware in the womb and panic at the realization they're inside a suffocating darkness, going into a frenzy that often kills the mother on the way out unless she is given immediate medical attention.

Problem is you never know when it will do this

It successfully happened only once, and only because both parties were utterly fucking stubborn.

Late response and nobody cares but technically the word Demon was originally just a catch all term for spirits and supernatural entities, to the point that some early texts even refer to Angels as a type of demon. However over time the word changed to have a much more negative connotation as Christianity spread and any spirit that wasn't god or an angel was considered malevolent.

Also this distinction doesn't exist even in some modern cultures where all spirits, good and bad fall under a single catch-all term.

So there is historical and cultural precedent for "Good" demons.Or at least demons who have more motivation than complete evil.

>It successfully happened only once, and only because both parties were utterly fucking stubborn.
Details?

demons in this setting are mostly aliens looking to use earth as a staging ground for expansion into this plane of reality, or refugees and stranded animals from the same place.

One demon stole a child's body. if the demon lives long enough for it's stolen body to reach appropriate age it might end up happily married to a human.

Assuming civilization or the entire human species doesn't get it's shit wrecked first. Or the PC who was body jacked way back when doesn't find the demon and take their body back.

Isn't that committing to death by starvation?

Usually, one or the other gets eaten. Rarely, they live happily ever after.

>Are they impossible?
no, tieflings and witches consorting with demons isnt uncommon- but actual couples are very rare, and require either an exceptional mortal/ demon, to either distinguish oneself as something more that a soul battery and convince an alien being to accept you, or for a defective demon that isnt very "demony"

>accepted
no

>outcasts
yes

>are they both happy
depends on the couple, but they could be

why would you have a tongue piercing set up like that? that looks like it would be very uncomfortable in your mouth, and potentially get hooked or bent up by getting caught between your teeth or between your upper and lower sets of teeth.

She's a demon. She probably loves the discomfort.

Extremely likely to the point where 90% of the Earth has some Fallen blood in them. Of course, since in this setting a Fallen is anyone who has been affected by SIN energy, basically anyone who uses magic, is around people who use magic, or use enchanted items, it's a lot more common of a condition.

>She's a demon. She probably loves the discomfort.
Alternatively, the discomfort might give her something to focus on as a means of self-control.

>I saw in his hands a long golden spear […] This, he plunged into my heart several times into my heart, that it penetrated to my entrails. […] The pain was so severe that it made me utter several moans, and yet such pain was so exceedingly sweet that one cannot possibly desire it to cease. (St Teresa of Avila, 1515-1582)

See now this is a cool way to do a succubus nun. Renouncing her nature and practicing mortification to derive her pleasures, an important figure in the christian-expy church.

Demons are literally creatures of raw Evil, created without free will. They don't really have opinions on the matter, and exist solely to sere their masters whims.

This isn't common knowledge, or even fully accepted by those who know it, and several demon summoners and dark lords have had outwardly mutually fulfilling relationships with demons created by themselves or an appropriate entity that they genuinely believed was mutually consensual and loving, arguably the greatest farce involved.

While mostly theoretical, half-demon children are fully volitional and outside of the problems of their upbringing are not actually morally affected by their parentage. They're profiled and treated like shit by most on account of being demonspawn, though.

bullshit, maybe incarnate the witch waifu into a form as a subordinate and mutually face down opposition in hell together... even broker power and favors, like prison but without guards?

Damn you, I saved that...

The spelling in English is usually what makes the distinction. Daemon from the Greek meaning "replete with knowledge" was a catchall for spirits as the go betweens for mortals and gods. It is viewed as neutral in most cases. The Christianized "demon" spelling is near-universally associated to cacodaemonia or supremely evil spirits in the west.

>Daemon from the Greek meaning "replete with knowledge" was a catchall for spirits as the go betweens for mortals and gods. It is viewed as neutral in most cases.
Warhammer is an exception, for some reason. I don't know why they don't just use "demon."

Pretty much this, it went a lot better than expected and she had her "soft side" so she wouldn't stand out so much, it was fun watching the party trying as hard as possible to convince her that humanity was worth saving.
Her husband was a absolute madman, he actually passed four charm checks with her in different weeks, all with natural 20.

>In specific part of a specific religion in a specific part of the world.
I mean that's a decent argument. But I'm from a white Christian country.
Also. Fallen angle isn't something I'd support. Because then it makes the human evil for dropping her/his angle alignment. But then again people in the middle East tend to be prone to doing evil shit.

Can you at least spell angel right if you are going to pretend you actually hold these positions and aren't just making discussion?

>This man has auto-correct!!! His opinion is now wrong in all accounts!!
>Haha got you user! You didn't exspect me to pull the "unbased shit talk attacking your spelling"! Now what will you do! Ahaha!

KYS.

You really shouldn't attack my spelling just because I'm a nigga. You racist.

Okay but seriously what the fuck are you getting at with the bit about fallen angels? I don't feel like humans would necessarily be personally involved in the falling of angels. I mean, not that it can't be ultimately humanity's fault.

>Fell down because they shacked up with humans.
>Not the humans fault in anyway.
If you as a human knows that shacking up with an Angel will make said Angel fall, then you would know your actions will have a negative effect on the Angle. Meaning youd be a bad guy, doing harm with intent.

well excuse me for breaking kayfabe for a second to get you to do your goddamn script right.

Oh, sorry, I lost the thread of the conversation. I missed that you were specifically discussing the whole Nephilim scenario. Carry on.

Wut.
You downgraded your aurgement to "lol bad spelling" and that was it. That was your whole addition to the conversation. Meaning you have nothing else to add. Meaning your contribution was worthless and shouldn't have been added.

>Lost the thread of conversation
>Still aurgeing.
You literally don't even know what your talking about. Do you know you have medical autism?

>was worthless
No, the worth was to get you to spell angels correctly if we're going to pretend to give a shit about the topics at hand and have a conversation about it.

>Demons are literally creatures of raw Evil, created without free will.

Could you give me a Bible quote supporting this? Or something from the Vedas? D&D manuals don't really hold any theological weight and don't support your case anyway since there are official redeemed demons in D&D's settings.

Clearly the no free will is setting specific with that anons post.
And it makes since. Demons being spawns for bigger demons? Yea I could roll with that.
At least something like a bigger demon cast a spell to enslave them. Not like it matters. Demons at the core concept are evil and corrupting monsters.

not really?
The core concept of demons is just that they were angels that disagreed with god and went to a godless place.
Some of them literally had the job of testing mortals given to them by god.

Anything about hell being super awful and full of evul is fanfiction of the original books.

Are you talking with a Catholic perspective? Demons are literally evil. I've had priest teach me about demonology. They re evil by Christian standards. Being angels at one point in time isn't enough to make them not evil.

That being said, angels and demons exist before time, so a narrative spoken with he perspective of time is going to be miss leading or wrong. Meaning the fallen angels where always fallen and therefore always evil. The idea of Catholic fallen angles is that they hate humans so much good kicked them out. Going against God and against humanity is literally evil.

Stop making these threads.

No, I'm talking about before the catholics and fan fiction religions of today.

I figure if you're going to worship something, you worship the actual thing, not something some fan writer made 600 years later.

>Not Christian.
>Worship the first
So your a Jew? I don't actually know a whole lot about the Jewish thinking of demons.
Non the less. Don't attack my religion you biggot!

Before the jews too, user.

If you're going to be a literal heretic, be prepared for people bringing it up now and then.

It's threads like this that makes me miss quests

A pagan? I've studied some pagan religion and practiced Wicken for a short while (long story, did it for the experience) in concept they have 2 gods (difficult to practice it correctly or consistently, due to how wide spread it was it was while having no common communication and then having a lot of the text being destroyed) one god being the father, the other being the mother. You then ask them for a bless and do a "not sexual" ritual pray. I don't recall much about demons. But I'm sure they are considered evil even then.

That's the Kytons' thing. Since that's their territory, I'd imagine that from a narrative perspective, Devils would act differently.

Then again, I'm only looking at this from a PF perspective.

That is both inaccurate to what you are talking about, but also not a religious tradition from the cradle of humanity, instead being a european derivative.

Nigga stop shitposting. Your derailing your own shitpost.
This is my last (you) unless you stop "pretending" to be a retard.

The fuck are you on about now?
Arabic religious traditions are way older than islam, judaism, and christianity of almost all forms.

Is this the plot to Hellboy?

One google search, first find. It's a mix of Jewish and Christian and then some. It has over 360 God's. It was such a trash religion that Islam overtook it.
Kys. This might be worse than weeb shitposting. GG you got my last (you) spend it wisely.

You have found multiple religions, user.

>how do human/demon couples fair in my setting?
They rarely last. The demon often times ends up doing something it felt was totally reasonable to protect it's human, or keep them, and that act puts off the human so badly they become unwilling to return the demons love.

>Are they impossible?
No, they just don't last. The demon is too often willing to murder anyone of the same sex as their lovers preference in a fit of jealousy.

>Subjected to intense hostility?
Yes after the demon has murdered all their lovers family, friends, aquinatances, and drinking buddies, out of jealousy and starting in on the people who spend too long looking at them (in what their mind perceives as lust)

>Accepted?
The community and even the human lover might not even know they are a demon, so yes. Until the murders start.

>Outcasts?
After the murders start...yes.

>Are they both happy?
For a time yes...but could you be happy after you had to burry you mother, father, siblings, friends, the girl at the bar who serves you your beer, and your co-workers?