Oh look, it only took six years for this obnoxious meme to make it's way into normie culture

Oh look, it only took six years for this obnoxious meme to make it's way into normie culture.

>Crusader Kings 2
>Normie

What Veeky Forums memes will follow its path 6 years from now? Serious question.

>look how mature i am, i sure hate this thing called "fun"

>Sir Bearington
>Fun

>Oh look, a new expansion pack for CK2
>I wonder what they'll do this time
>Will they flesh out the actual crusades, the mechanic the game is named after but still doesn't function beyond the bare bones?
>Will they make religious leaders playable and enhance/overhaul the mechanics related to the papacy, debatably the most powerful institution of the time?
>Will they flesh out the Byzantine Empire so it becomes anything other than a pseudo-Feudalistic system
>Of course not, it's going to be about China
>Except China won't even be on the fucking map
>Also XDDD YOU CAN PLAY AS A BEAR LOL XDDDDD

Not him, but Paradox is certainly going after normies, or at least attempting to reach out to normies. Their games have been horribly dumbed down recently, with HoI3 vs HoI4 being the best example. Three DLC later, and if you can get over the steep learning curve HoI3 still does everything better.

Sorry OP, normies don't play Incest Quest.

>look how mature and jaded i am!

>people are having fun with it
>or so they think

>Normies playing that game.
>Bearington a meme
>You caring this much.
Bearington is a story, not a meme.

Or they could make the game less snowbally, add feasible mechanics for realms to break apart instead of just swapping owners or having their edges nibbled off by other superblobs.

>You can now send eunuchs to the emperor!

Or that.

and cat too

>Or they could make the game less snowbally
If anything, they made the game MORE snowbally with a thousand new casus bellis.

Can't wait until the CK2+ mod gets updated for 2.8.0 and the game become playable and fun again.

>Or they could make the game less snowbally, add feasible mechanics for realms to break apart
Yeah, some sort of mechanic that -in the absence of proper institutions- has the integrity of the realm entirely dependent on the personal force/charisma of the ruler. So you can have the entire empire collapse into a pile of miserable infighting when a really awesome ruler dies and a mediocre one takes over.

The bear doesn’t have a -alot fertility modifier like glitterhoof has... Makes me wonder...

Kind of has that with the Strong/Crowned/Weak Belisarius traits if you play the East Roman Empire.

Numerous times my heir has been a total spazmatroid who couldn't get a decent coronation and you spend the next 40 years trying to bring the treacherous cunts back in line hoping that your next Emperor isn't also a useless mongoloid or you're doing it all over again.

>Add the black death and lots of cool events to deal with plague
wow this is pretty neat
>Add demon worshippers and the chance to become immortal
wow this is pretty stupid

Then turn it off at the game setup options.

Wow! That was fucking hard to figure out.

>The devs add and sell some dumb fantasy shit instead of making crusades not terrible

>I've spent 2000+ hours on this game.
>Unironically want to support a monarchist revolt in my nation.
>Want to elect an antipope even though I'm not catholic.
>What has my life become?

I do turn off Monks and Mystics but im still annoyed one of the last 3 dlcs made for ck2 was adding fucking magic to the game instead improving heresies so they are actually different to christianity. Or the crusades

All this pleb in one post.
>I've spent 2000+ hours on this game.
Acceptable. CK2 is probably the least shit of the modern Paradox titles.
>Unironically want to support a monarchist revolt in my nation.
You're not only a prole, you're the kind of prole who gleefully shoves shit in his face and thanks his master for all the shit. Allow me to quickly educate you:
Imperialism/Authoritarian Republicanism > Patriotic Republicanism >>>>>> Enlightened Despotism >>>>> Social-democratic republicanism >>>[POWER GAP]>>> Fascism >>> [POWER GAP] Monarchism > Communism.
Good job, you're only slightly better than a commie.
>Want to elect an antipope
With the current pope, that's underst-
>even though I'm not catholic
SHIT NIGGER WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

So like CK1, then.

How would it sound in French? 'Merde absolue' or something?

I guess "tellement merde" or something.
French is like my 3rd language, don't quote me on this

kek

You gave me a good chuckle user, have this (You).

Merde absolue, yes.

>Paradox adding bear easter eggs to all their games ever since Victoria 1 in 2003
>HURRRR NORMIES DURRRRRR
Sup, newfag. Nice knowing you are too young to even remember the origins one of the longest running easter eggs still running in vidya.

Also, back to

Thanks

Meant for

Are you at least aware there is at least single bear-related joke in all Paradox games dating since work on Vicky started?
Because you are complaining about something that is pretty much a tradition at this point, while acting as if it was something new.

Also
>Le normie maymay
Oh look how mature and hardcore you are to not even know about a joke older than yourself

There's a difference between
>an easter egg once in a while
>Memeridden updates that don't improve the game at all
Jade Dragon is the latter. It only adds Ebin Memes xDDDD and some bullshit mechanic about China, a country that hasn't even been fucking added to the game. And it's not exactly like the game is entirely mechanically "complete" either, there's more than enough they could've fixed.

But at least they're not doing the same shit as HoI4, where they create a game strictly inferior to HoI3 and sell it piecemeal because the entire national focus system has been designed exclusively to sell DLC (even though modders have already shown that they can make more complete and more balanced focus trees for free, especially the Kaiserreich team).

>Then turn it off at the game setup options.

How about they actually develop the fucking game, fix broken gameplay that's been there for years, and actually add to the historical aspects, so there's something to do instead of blobbing, instead of just adding lulsorandom memeshit and stat inflation that you can turn off if you are actually dumb enough to spend money on the shit?

China would be fine if it was actually implemented, but another separate window that you can ignore 99% of the time except for some stat boost? It's like they have one guy that gets decent ideas started a company to make good complex strategy games, and then they have the people actually developing them. Oh, wait...

>China would be fine if it was actually implemented
No, it wouldn't. Because it would've been implemented as yet another feudal monarchy rather than having its own fucking mechanics. They didn't add unique mechanics for Byzantium, they didn't add unique mechanics for India, what makes you think they'd do it for China?

>Memeridden updates that don't improve the game at all
I'm sorry, are you genuinely waiting for any sort of meaningful update on CK2 SIX YEARS AFTER PREMIERE?
The game was finished somewhere around they've released the update for nomads. That was what? 2 years ago? 3?

Seriously, what the fuck? Because you sound like you are assblasted for no real reason at all, aside, you know, getting angry for the sake of it.

Why can't I find a girl this good in RL?

>The game was finished somewhere around they've released the update for nomads. That was what? 2 years ago? 3?
Not him but seem to have hard time reading
>And it's not exactly like the game is entirely mechanically "complete" either, there's more than enough they could've fixed.

>CK2+
>not HIP
VIET has been dead for months, so you can't complain about it any more.

First, Second
>sell it piecemeal because the entire national focus system has been designed exclusively to sell DLC
The game was designed, scripted and is updated by a team of 6. Two of which are graphic designers who don't participate in scripting and game design other than adding pictures and drawing maps.
What the fuck you were expecting from a team of 4 active code monkeys?

Seriously, pick your retarded strawman and go back to /v/, where you belong. At least fucking educate yourself how stretched thin Paradox's manpower is due to CK2 and EU4 requiring just absurd amount of people for playtesting due to the way how DLC-based model makes it impossible to easily check each itteration of the game, instead crying about le ebin crafty merchant meme.
How fucking new are you to Paradox to not know most basic stuff about the studio?!

>REEEEEEEEEEE
Also, China has no place in game about feudalism.

Yeah, sure, but I could finally get my proper three kingdoms mod, instead of the half-implemented or abandoned ones that are available currently.

>Not working on your own mod
>Waiting for others to do the job

>>REEEEEEEEEEE

Definitely. I loved the game, and they destroyed it. Still love the mods, though.

>China has no place in game about feudalism.
True, but

This thread belongs to /v/.
Report, hide, ignore

This

Make your own mod?
Pick the old mod and restart work on it?
Or you are just classic case of Idea Guy, who will just bitch around and wait for others to do the work for them, while bitching non-stop on forum/Veeky Forums/reddit to the people working on a mod how much of a disappointment it is?
Make your own or shut the fuck up.

t. AGCEEP historian

>The game was finished somewhere around they've released the update for nomads.
Let's assume for the sake of argument that you're correct: explain to me what the hell Paradox is doing adding completely meaningless DLC to a game that "was finished"?

>What the fuck you were expecting from a team of 4 active code monkeys?
What I'm expecting is a game that is at the very least a match for its predecessor, if not superior. Perhaps if they don't have enough manpower to dedicate to the game, they have no business releasing it?

>At least fucking educate yourself how stretched thin Paradox's manpower is due to CK2 and EU4 requiring just absurd amount of people for playtesting due to the way how DLC-based model makes it impossible to easily check each itteration of the game, instead crying about le ebin crafty merchant meme.
Let me repeat myself once again: if they're going to release a very, very expensive product I expect something better than the cheaper, outdated product from some years ago. If they cannot deliver, they have no business releasing the game in the first place. But then again I can't really blame paradox: after all, loyal paradrones eat filth and shit money. Their new method is just that: on the one hand dumbing mechanics down to expand the audience, and on the other hand using a DLC policy that keeps them paying for the same game with only marginal improvements over time (or in rare instances even detrimental mechanics). If Paradox were any bigger, it'd get as much shit as EA for their DLC policies.

>B-BUT THEY KEEP RELEASING NEW DLC TO UPDATE THE GAME! YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL!
This model is precisely why every single DLC deserves to be scrutinized. If this is the model they're going for, I can at the very least expect every individual DLC to meaningfully enhance the game.

Here's the fun bit about heresies: They were never that much different from Catholicism. It was always some rather minor point of disagreement, such as "God is actually just one instead of one-as-three" or different positions on the sliding scale of Jesus' divine/human nature.

But the vast majority would be indistuinguishable in terms of morals, behaviour or culture. Still had to be stamped out for the sake of the church's unquestionable authority.

>Implying this fucking hard
>Making shit up that wasn't even in the post
I never said you should be grateful about anything at all. Instead, I flat-out send you back to /v/ and to learn at least a tiny bit how things run in Paradox since 2011.
Fucking newfags

>while bitching non-stop on forum/Veeky Forums/reddit to the people working on a mod how much of a disappointment it is?

>Still love the mods, though.

Cause noone makes mods except for other people who makes mods? I have nothing but respect and positive feedback for people who actually make them.

I play games, if that means I can't play your mod, or have an opinion on it, just let me know and I will avoid it.

Nobody cares, kid. People just learned to ignore Paradox bullshit somewhere around 2014.
And you are not only still salty about it, but on a fucking wrong board

>Talks about Paradox games
>Doesn't even know what AGCEEP is
Different user, but holy shit, you are new.

I know how Paradox works, the difference is that an explanation is not the same thing as a justification. Like I said, nobody forces them to dedicate resource they don't have to a product that isn't an improvement over its predecessor.

>Nobody cares, kid
I explicitly replied to the post of someone who does care. The fact that paradrones don't care and even defend these practices is widely known.

There needs to be a mechanic for reabsorbing heresies into the main-branch church. The difference represented as an opinion modifier trait. Ever absorbed heresy permanently reducing Moral Authority by 5% but allowing you to freely switch between the amalgamated branches via intrigue menu option.

Also an option to go the other way and champion the cause of getting your heresy recognized as it's own church in another great Schism.

Same for the other religions.

Also Reformed pagan heresies.

also playable theocracies.

I know what it is, to spell it out to you - if you don't want people to actually play your games, read your novel, watch your film, and have an have an opinion on them, maybe you should just not publish them. Is that clear enough, even for you?

>Play Paradox games
>Complains about paradrones
Do you by chance suffer from bipolar disorder or have some sort of identity crisis?
The only person that would buy Paradox game is a paradrone. Everyone either doesn't care or just pirate them, avoiding the whole "REEEEEEE 20 BUCKS FOR BULLSHIT DLC!" non-problem.

>Play Paradox games
> buy Paradox game
Are you really that stupid to equate the two?
>Everyone either doesn't care or just pirate them
Yep, you were just strawmanning

Are you saying that DLC should only be for unfinished games?
Because honestly, the only actually ethical DLC method is to add to finished games.

>Still desperate
Why do you even keep posting?
Or better - why the hell you are angry? It's Paradox, mate. They are doing this shit for past 5 years. And you act like you woke up today and realise the company's business model. You are... 3? 4 years? late for people being angry about it too.
And learn what strawmanning means

>And learn what strawmanning means
That's cute. Are you going to post some stupid shit again and fuck up the third time?

Gracias

Isn't this essentially just Chicken Boo? Sir Bearington, too, just the Chicken Boo gag.

Yes, because Veeky Forums invented the idea of humans pretending to be animals, and any proliferation of that joke is clearly fa/tg/uys becoming NORMIES and leaking our memes into the real world.

Don't buy the game; download it.

Jesus christ, you are an unpleasant fellow.

If you are not buying Paradox games, why are you complaining then?

I love this game, but holy shit do I find it impossible to get to the end.

I always have an extremely brutal and devastating loss somewhere in the mid-game and I become too depressed to even continue working on my dynasty anymore and start a new game.

>Have a genius son as an heir
>Dad dies while he's 5, doesn't matter: Now I get to play as him
>Holy fuck are his stats shaping up good, damn!
>He turns 13
>Huntsman tells me he's going to teach me how to use a bow
>Oh...
>He assassinates me
>I am now playing as my geniu's mongoloid cousin with the inbred trait that had him assassinated

I can't fucking take it.

Cause every new DLC is still shit.

Why are you alone on the street at night, girl? Who are you?

Yes, but you don't pay for them, so what's the problem? It costs you nothing and you complain.
Hell, one could even say that you are complaining about the quality of something you've basically had stolen, rendering your complain a moot point even further.

>Every DLC is shit
Here, ftfy. CK2 is a failure of a game, doesn't matter if you apply 1 or 30 DLCs to it.

I pay for them, though, in the vain hope that they will actually go back to make something good, it's just the obvious answer.

If someone could make something great and they make shit, even if you steal their shit, you are in fact correct in stating that it is shit.

Oh, so you are just following sunk-cost fallacy? ...fine, I guess?

Not really, but here's your (You)

It's not me complaining about non-issue and fishing for attention, but whatever. At least I know why you are so angry about it all.

the devs have realized long ago that 90% of their customers bought ck2 to play it‘s mods, so they create the framework to enhance several things, including fantasy mechanics.
In case you haven‘t noticed, there aren‘t even naval battles.

Not him, but thanks a lot. I was looking a looooong time for this gif and all versions I could find were either blank, about likes or up/down-votes.

I am angry because I love the game and instead of making it better and deeper, the developers keep making thrashy meme DLCs. And it is the ONLY semi-intelligent, complex game of its kind. As people have already said.

Mods are great, the game and community is unique, but Paradox could do a lot better, even just as updates. And pointing it out, as others have done, just here, gets you called ungrateful or a freeloader or whatever.

Every time I think about the game, I love it, every time I play it, without mods, it's thrash. This is why I come of as angry.

And yes, this thread was supposedly about Veeky Forums-memes, but as long as it's here, can anybody give me some Veeky Forums /v/ alternatives?

Bear kingdom already existed in Vicky.

Bear jokes are a running gag in their games for more than a decade. If anyone is the """"normie"""" it's you.

I can't but if you don't find an alternative checkout Dungeon Keeper. It's $7 on GOG and about as Veeky Forums as it gets. Instead of playing as the hero raiding a dungeon you i stead are the guy who builds the dungeon.

>Dungeon Keeper

I know it, it's a classic, but thanks, I appreciate the suggestion.

-4 str
hopefully
wrong

"Absolument merdique" ou "Merde absolue"

>-4 str
>hopefully
Nah, probably not. It would trigger too many lefties, which is the crowd Paradox is now appealing to. Remember their "Women in history" bullshit for EU4? Or the fact that in CK2 the Cathars are for some fucking reason feminists? Or that you can have Sweden tier gender equality laws in medieval Europe?

have they even updated those ancient Eu2 mods during this decade? or maybe I can't remember which mod acronym was for which game

I started playing Pairofducks games around 2004 and stopped around 2014 when they started revealing just how much they are willing to dumb their games to get wider audiences of normies

t. almost ancient Eu2, HoI1, Ricky, Ck1 player...

CRAAAAWLING

Is it wrong that I like ck2 and its DLC?

I started a bit later, but I guess I'm the living evidence that it isn't just nostalgia. I played HoI 4 first, then HoI 3, then DH, then HoI 3 again. I weeped, because I clearly saw how these games developed.

DH was a very simple, basic and down to earth game and you could tell. The map was small and lacked detail, so due to stuff like terrain tanks were of limited use in Western Europe. Espionage and diplomacy were so meaningless they might as well not have existed. HoI3 was an all-round improvement but the steep learning curve combined with literally the worst tutorial I've ever seen in my life made me realize why it turned off so many people (and personally I played it for a year or two [on-and-off] before I fully understood the game). Nevertheless it felt like a "complete" WW2 experience, though one with severe flaws. But I saw the potential, I saw what HoI4 should've been: the simplicity and straightforwardness of DH combined with all the features of HoI3, some better diplomacy (especially in terms of peace conferences and the like) and a freshened up interface. Instead we got HoI4. Rather than having nostalgia to fall back on, playing everything backwards allowed me to pinpoint just where, why and how it all went wrong.

Nope. I'm enjoying the shit out of it.

fuck, Darkest Hour was always one of the "newer" games I never got myself really into. Now I feel even more ancient.
CK2 was an improvement over Ck1+DV, EU4 at launch felt weak compared to EU3 5.1. HoI4 I saw the writing on the wall and never even bothered, especially when you have developer diaries dedicated to showing soldier models doing pushups and other diaries explaining that realistic or challenging supply/logistics is too hard to develop and barely exists in the game, compared to HoI3 where half the campaign becomes about logistics management.

Jumping from HoI to HoI2 was amazing, the leap to HoI3 was huge... but HoI4, I don't want to touch it.

>especially when you have developer diaries dedicated to showing soldier models doing pushups
Yeah, that shit is dumb as hell. The way HoI3 handled training was perfectly fine: you select what training intensity you want, from basic to very advanced, and then just train your soldiers/construct their equipment. With basic training you could easily pump out a lot of troops quickly, with the highest level of training it took longer but you'd get more experienced troops. All experience past that would be gained through combat. In HoI4 they have dedicated fucking resources to an animation of soldiers doing push-ups after being deployed to the field. Because... why?

>challenging supply/logistics is too hard to develop and barely exists in the game, compared to HoI3 where half the campaign becomes about logistics management.
Tell me about it. Especially with resources this gets retarded. In HoI4 you can produce and send tanks to the field without ever having any access to oil. You get penalties to the production speed of your tanks, but not the actual fucking combat ability of these tanks. At least on release, not sure if this was changed. But yeah, this is suddenly "too hard to develop" even though the previous game did it. It didn't do it perfectly, but it did it well enough. I remember in my England campaign sending my tanks into Northern Italy to quickly capture some victory points and force them to capitulate. My tanks cut through the enemy like a hot knife through butter... until they cut off my supply lines. Needless to say, my tank crews had a very bad day.

Speaking of tanks, why are they fucking useless in HoI4? Why are infantry+artillery the only thing you need to spam to win any war? Is this a WW1 simulator disguised as a WW1 simulator or something?

>popular for years on reddit, tumblr, and facebook
>now it's normalfag only due to being referenced in a strategy game
Explain.

Please go back to the aforementioned sites.

this entire thread belongs on /v/, retards

Just a regular bear?

Ba Sing Se is weird.

I miss quest threads.

You might be happy to know that For the Glory is still being worked on, the developer is currently making the last update with features voted on by the community.