Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1884: Cultivation Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1510/84/1510843981587.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=uDHVWf-o6C4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So the afterlife from kubera, does it have any size limits on it?

He's quite the handsome fella there, they really tone down his haggardness in the manga it seems. He's not super ugly in the VN, not outside of a few CGs where he gets angry, but he's definitely plain at best there.

>All this talk about Dies Irae
Can you share some methods to Atziluth? Can one hijack Reinhard's ritual (going by vsbattles) or copy it to get Atziluth?

Wait til he gets it then trade forit with a crabby patty wrapper and dealmaker perks

Jumpers who are also good people, how do you plan to improve the world once you return?

Well, the manga is before Mercurius and Reinhard got their hands on him.

Everyone gets a magic primer, nanobot healing, and a custom space ship with all the trimmings.

Christ, how do you make something as awesome as pic related (In a fight against all three of the Commanders at once), look that shit.

Dungeon Crawler has the MacGuffin. The power of a Hadou it's not a bad use for it, and you could use it even outside the setting so no risk of having to fight any of the other current gods.

What the fuck is that thing? Someone kill it! Kill it! Kill the spider!

What got changed in the avatar jumps and where did the new demonbane jump go?

And that was just episode 6. We might even see KKK animated at this rate.
That was only the beginning.

Would healing spells heal a robot jumper? What about a more synthetic instead of pure metal jumper? What about a magictech robot jumper? Would the Cyborg perk from Fallout just straight double all the abilities of a robot jumper that were based on their body? Would mental control immunity stop a robot jumper from being hacked? Would possession immunity? Would you need both for the mental and physical aspects of those versions of control against something like technomancy?

Skeletons don't freak me out as much as spiders do. I hate spiders.

Um, /jc/? I'm a little confused right now.

Currently doing an Ar Tonelico build and the wording of the Companion Import section is a little strange. Could someone work me through it?
================
> Import
For 50CP you may import one companion, for 200 CP you may import up to 8 companions. They get your choice of background – but not Origin. Other than Drop-In this comes with memories and experience, and the free abilities for each background. You may give them access to the abilities of one of the choices below by paying its listed cost – each purchase unlocks it for all.
Drop In and Grathmelder: Either 200 points of Companions or an extra 200 Equipment-only CP
Faction Agent: Up to two Reyvateil for free. Discount on [Reyvateil] and imports with a Reyvateil background.
Reyvateil: One free Elite Guardian or Monster. Discount on [Guardian] and imports with a Faction Agent background.
Teru: One free Monster - their familiar. If they pay the discount cost instead, their familiar may be any Monster type. Discount on [Monsters] and imports with a Teru background.
================
Now, while I think I get that the companion in question can take on the Backgrounds of the following Companion Options, it's the background bonuses above that have me stumped. Do those apply to the Jumper? If so, for Drop Ins or Grathmelder's, does that mean my companion gets 200cp to spend however they'd want?

Its their Studio DEEN moment

Speaking of D.Y.N Freaks, would Mugen be easily companionable if I took the Azathoth scenario?

Val can't into uploading jumps img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1510/84/1510843981587.pdf

If it works on a golem it should work for a robit

Look at how many limbs it has. It's clearly an ancient spider's skeleton.

Thanks!

Yes but eight arms alone aren't going to register as spiderlike enough to me to cause panic. I do find it unsettling by association but not quite as freakish as an an actual spider thing.

Having an early morning sleep schedule and very little to do kinda blows. So here's a writing question: Has your Jumper obtained skill or power they weren't mentally prepared for? How did they react or adjust to it? Bonus points if they didn't just go mad with it, or if it was a long term problem.

What Rank of NP can Enchant produce at EX Rank?

How does this make you feel?

Spiderman is a friend.

There's a perk for that in Chrono Trigger.

It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit.

Set up a matrix style virtual reality. Secretly upload everyone at once using injected nanobots. Resurrect and upload the dead people. Shift everybody to a post-scarcity economy. Spread my computer systems throughout the universe. Set up automated restrictions to prevent PvP outside of specific zones.

Probably in the A+s. A++ maybe?

Pat was not prepared to be aware of the fourth wall to the extreme degrees as Capstone Boosted Window In The Wall did. She was vaguely aware of the fourth wall before but ignored it.

Now she can't go to grimdark settings without wanting to throttle the authors who wrote it.

Looks like a heavily discounted Kaneki

>Has your Jumper obtained skill or power they weren't mentally prepared for?

Supreme baking, dunno what to do with all the flour and yeast. All of these eggs are taking storage space inside the warehouse and the oven is too small for the dough.

WHYYYYYYY

High-end divine magic. You know how fucked up is knowing that you can heal anyone in the world and even bring them back from the dead after a murder or an accident and not doing so?

He looks like a fucking toddler crawling to his daddy.

Yes. I got a companion. Now I do everything in a way to make sure I dont alienate her. Also after making her high powered I made her a solar dawn caste fighter with thr boosted capstone. Im pretty sure she could kick my ass now.

You can always come back after the chain ends to resurrect everyone when it is easier.

Whether healing spells heal robots depends on where you got them- D&D healing spells will not heal you, but any healing spells that function by repairing material will.

It doesn't say that the background bonuses are exclusive to either jumpers or to companions, so they should apply to both. However, companions in general cannot buy their own companions, so Drop In and Grathmelder companions get 200CP exclusively for Equipment and companions with other backgrounds can't use their bonuses.

If the mental protection perk protects you from a concussion or other stuff that is caused by direct manipulation of the brain then it would affect hacking. Otherwise no.

Hey val, would it solve any of the problems in dyn freaks if I just healed azathoth and started a bunch of other universes? I have benn working on a project of magitech universe seeds and this looks like a good place for it.

Probably not. Vortex Blaster is still out there and would just attack Azathoth and kill them again, before heading onto every new universe.

Your friend wants a hug.

>Has your Jumper obtained skill or power they weren't mentally prepared for?

Yeah bro, For me it was resurrection perks, Knowing you have to power to save countless lives but choose not too weighs heavily on your mind.

Damn ok thanks.

Why does the hero in Demonbane even want to kill Azathoth in the first place? It sounds like a really bad idea.

Why? I mean I dont get it. A world without death is a nightmare if people can be injured.

Lovecraft is a shitty multiverse. He is doing everyone a favor by erasing them.

Resurrections would be pretty useless if they didn't cure the injury that caused the death in the first place.

How is he even destroying the universes?

He doesn't. The original goal was just to make sure the Outer Gods didn't run rampant and destroy everything, while making sure Azathoth is still trapped within the Shining Trapezohedron. It wasn't until EGD became the Vortex Blaster that it wanted to, and did, kill Azathoth.

How would you Rank the following NPs?

The ability to skip through the actual crafting process for an item at a cost of the item's quality, a critical flaw in its design, a greater material or energy investment, or a sacrifice of a finished item made by the user which this NP was not used on.

A NP that strengthens an/any item the user makes when they themselves aren't using them/when the user gives the item to someone else.

An NP that takes the form of a workshop which improves in a lesser capacity, the equivalent of 2 Ranks or +s at most, over time as its owner adds 'prototype' items to it, these cannot be used once they're placed into the workshop and at least dozens are needed for full effect, and items made using the workshop take less resources/time to make or are of higher quality.

>Why? I mean I dont get it. A world without death is a nightmare if people can be injured.

I know that, But try explaining that to the people when it their life on the line and suddenly you are a tyrant and worse than Stalin,Mao,Kim-il-sun,pol pot and every other commie combined. I just keep my head down and keep powers like that hidden, also because I find the idea of reviving the dead distasteful

Even then, a handful of D&D healing spells will still do the trick. For example, 5E's Regenerate spell directly rebuilds you without channeling positive or negative energy, having no restriction on what creatures it can affect.

Reminder that you're not using that perk right unless you no-sell a Style at least once by doing pic related.

I'm not Good, just sentimental. Which is why I'm evacuating the universe until I can find a way to make its continued viability permanent.

Breaking them.

The first one...probably TOO variable for me to really know.

Depends on how much it strengthens the items.

I don't really understand what you mean with the last time. Is it improving the workshop? Is it improving the items you take into it?

Meant to link with

I, as a normal person, have no earthy idea how to guide our world forwards without suddenly slapping a bunch of technology and magic on the table in ways that would surely have consequences I can't foresee. I can only hope that at the end of my Chain I will have learned enough to be able to improve the world without dramatically shocking it with new technologies.

Or maybe go exactly that route by dropping "alien" probes around the world that offer up the secrets of clean, free energy and an end to diseases. With cryptic messages telling the world to come find them when they are truly ready. But I'm absolutely certain that will go wrong somehow.

Not my Jumper, but Katia in Ragnarok Online had a little too much power and knowledge forced into her mind all at once and she went a little nutty with it right at first. See, in RO there's a class called a Geneticist, which specializes in making monsters that do most of the battling for them. In the game, you're limited to two of these at a time, but as a world you can visit... that limitation is kind of taken off. And these monsters are able to go one-on-on with some of the mid-tier MVPs (Boss Monsters) with the worlds and come out on top.

Add to this some lingering tension about her wanting to be considered a full partner and not an apprentice, which was a valid complaint and something Jumper /really/ should have handled a little better, she decided to just show Jumper how powerful she had become by creating one of these monsters while he was out. And then it proceeded to punch him across the room.

It all worked out in the end, but the long term problem of it isn't going to become apparent for a little while yet. Katia has begun mixing additional magic systems into her creation process of these monsters, such as Golemancy from Fate, which is going to begin causing some to develop rudimentary personalities, even intelligence. Ethics will need to be considered soon.

To take them one by one

1.) Assuming I reduced it down to a greater material or energy investment, how would you rank it then?

2.) Just one Rank or +. Only for items below A Rank, and they have to be given personally, and they can't be returned either.

3.) It's a RM-escue summonable workshop which improves the Rank of things made inside it depending on how many items have been 'feed' to it as Prototypes. Prototypes are basically decoration at that point, and the Items made with the Workshop would at their absolute most be 2 Ranks or +s higher, or alternatively, be made at a much lower time/material investment.

Could we make Demonbane (or any other mecha) our Third Tier Ahnenerbe?

So great god transformation fron dyn freaks + wizard to be from dyn freaks + job offer from dresden would let you steal power from a god in each setting you go to if Im reading the perks right?

Well, on further thinking, I think the first one just doesn't work with so few limits. No limit on how much it skips for crafting, no info on how much greater the investment/costs must be.

Er...probably not very high then honestly. Probably C rank, since it could apply to a fair few things at once.

Well, if these prototypes are powerful magical items themselves, that could work at B rank.

If you're importing it, yes. Long as it's not bigger than an airship carrier.

Mhm.

Lil cuties from the dyn jump if Im reading it right and if my math is right can net you 524,288 freely summonable little girl followers who cannot die.

Thats pretty damn awesome. And thats before you get to drawbacks.

They're very cute. ia ia!

1.) Then, how about and example cost of 10 times the basic cost to skip half the steps, and 100 times to skip all of them?

Can you buy more than one fragment?

It's probably just not workable. There's too much of a problem of variance with it. Skipping the steps to make a normal sword is different to skipping the steps to make the death star is different to skipping the steps to make a universe busting mecha etc etc. Making the costs more might work for some but then you get into ones where it's just years and years of time that makes it hard or where you need specific knowledge/skill/abilities to do it etc etc

Yes.

Next Ar Tonelico question:
- Does the Tower that grows from the Tower Seed come with its own Orgel of Origins?

Also, I need tips on how to have a full-sized tower stored inside a ring gemstone...

Well, let me put it this way, I've had plans on building Lyrical Nanoha-style Devices for my companions, with a few...exotic additions to best integrate themselves with their bearer's magic style. For Io, I've been plotting out a Boost Device to help her out with her summoning stuff, then I remembered that she was going to sing fireballs into existence as well. So I figured an Ar Tonelico Tower and Reyvateil Origin would be the perfect upgrade.

Now how do I place an active Tower into a Device, but connect it to the item so that Io can connect to it through Song Magic? I'm going to be installing her DSP and Compendium into the thing and make it a more advanced Babel Tower...I should look around and see if I can add magnetite production to its passive ability as well...

Anyways, so yeah, any ideas? Kinda thinking self-contained spacial manipulation powered by the Tower itself.

I want to spit in the face of every obnoxiously wanked power level villains without getting biggatons and I want to do it by making complete jokes out of them in the process. Fuck powerlevels. Comedy will always be superior.

I have Power Levels Are Bullshit from DBZ, what other perks help with that?

What kind of Briah would be able to do that too?

Then how about making the amount of time saved linear? Like, doubling the cost to create the item would skip a weeks worth? Also, for this NP you can't ignore the actual crafting requirements. This is exclusively speeding up the creation process, it can't ignore the actual requirements of being something you can craft in the first place.

Solving the classic world problems would probably start first, "Hunger", "Poverty", "World Peace", etc, since I'm not all that creative. That probably gets done by world domination and sweeping governmental reforms since we already have all the resources for these things. That doesn't sound like a good guy thing, but people in power usually want to stay in power and Jumper would literally know better than all of humanity at that point.

Need to sweep through eliminating corruption wherever I can find it, likely with armies of angels or equivalent holy figures that can soothe people's minds as they work. I don't care if you're a war lord in Africa or a douchebag at the DMV, if you're fucking with people I'm gonna bust your ass. Normal foods get his with magic preservatives so they go bad slower, less food ends up wasted and surpluses start getting sent wherever looks like it's needed. Prisons start getting reforms to turn them into places of rehabilitation and justice. Infrastructure constructed coast to coast for housing the homeless. You guys see where I'm going.

I need the world set up nice and pleasant-like before I start bringing in a new age of technology and wonder. Robots servicing the shitty jobs no one wants, magic and superpowers built right into humanity, free programs and schools for those who want to learn whatever they damn well please for free, the ability to download cars, angelic moral paragons coming in to advise communities and encourage people to follow their passions or develop natural abilities and potential.

The world is pretty okay, except when it's shitty. I'll take care of the burdens or put them on my shoulders and I'm going to take out the shitty stuff first before dropping cool stuff onto it. Once everything is smooth and nice and awesome then we're probably gonna go to the stars with this shit. The chain might be a personal journey of fun and games, but afterwords I'm going full Uncle Ben.

Aschente from No Game No Life is always an awesome leveling field, especially if you can somehow get everyone to learn the Ten Commandments that make it work on the down low.

Because then, just as shit's about to go down, you can invoke the Commandments and challenge the opponent to whatever game you want, again, bonus points for leading them to the moment without escape.

So now you have a universe-destroyer being forced into say a Hopscotch Competition, and if they lose, they'll HAVE to follow one command you give them.

Good luck~!

DB Multiverse has a Gag Character origin, and the capstone basically lets you weaponize that.

Worm has toon physics as a power.

For a Briah, maybe something like the target being weakened in proportion to how much people laugh at them, how seriously they take themselves, or how much they hate you? Maybe you can't be harmed by someone unless they play along with your games and/or stop taking things so seriously?

youtube.com/watch?v=uDHVWf-o6C4

How do you Jumpers treat powerlets that think they are hot shit?

Well, if it's just skipping time for more cost, you can probably go half time for doubling cost and such. I'm...not sure how to price something like that? I think it'd default to C rank as a middling one unless you have a counter point.

That's fine. I'm actually going to take it at A rank though, so I can make my NP's A, B, and C Rank respectively.

Do Reinhard or Mercurius take things seriously by default? I like these ideas and suggestions.

>Challenge someone to a gambling game
>Pick up that one perk that makes me win games of luck easily
>Become unstoppable

I want to become a Magic God, but apparently there are some heavy drawbacks on how their powers work. What perks would let me negate those downsides?

You can't become a Magic God in the first place because the ritual to achieve it requires you to kill yourself.

>What perks would let me negate those downsides?
Schrodinger from petals of reincarnation would cuck the 50/50 rule

I'd like to companion Wuya, how hard do you think it would be to get her into a pod for an early chain jumper?

That's what extra lives are for

One ups.

Why do people keep forgetting about this whenever 'rituals/plans that involve killing oneself/dying' get brought up?

There was also a perk somewhere that let you ignore pacts that you have made while the other party bust still abide by the pact. Can't remember the name name, though, but it would be useful if you lost.

Depending on how motivated you are, you could try making a gag jump like Bobobo, Excel Saga, or Puni Puni Poemy, where an ability to convert your power level into gag level would fit.

You're offering her a chance to gain even greater power and conquer many more worlds. She'd pounce on that real quick. Besides, if you also have Heylin Magic, she'd probably come along just to help you master it and see what you do with it. Remember how well she treated Raimundo after he helped revive her?

Hey, val. If you use a power copying perk like A Really Wild Adventure or Mind Reading to copy Migeika does it work in full like described in the jump doc, or would parts of it not work without fiat backing?
I realize the power copying portion would be redundant, but it's a cool power, so I still want it. But Nanami is way too cute to kill, so I'd rather not take the drawback and instead use ooc abilities to heal her.

Go to solars and be a dawn cast fighter with unconquered, you explicitly can keep up and equal anyone in a one on one fight now.

>tfw you like Mugen from DYN Freaks
>there's literally no porn of her
It's an abstract kind of feel. One more reason why Jumpchain needs to exist.

>Because then, just as shit's about to go down, you can invoke the Commandments and challenge the opponent to whatever game you want, again, bonus points for leading them to the moment without escape.

The person who is challenged gets to choose the game though

I believe it should work as in the jump.

The problem with obscure series.

I do also have Heylin magic and I was planning on helping her/being her apprentice during the jump.

Thanks user, sounds like she's coming with Me.

So if a person was to take the 600 cp outer god option what exactly could they do?

Because I am wantin to become Outer God of the Shining Sound and have my words change reality and I want to figure out how much I can get away with.

Like would it be basic mword magic like eragon or would I be able to get away with large scale permanent reality altering such as tonal architecture?

But why want to do anything to Azathoth? He's the blind idiot god, he doesn't do fucking anything to anyone. Is it just because Nyarlathotep likes to call itself Azathoth's herald, implying that all the shit Nyarlathotep pulls is Azathoth's fault?

Hey Jumpers. When you've went home at the end of your chain whether by death, choice or spark, what do you do? Personally I fix all the little things that I find annoying like putting bands back together, reviving/cloning dead celebrities, reversing changes I hate to sites I love and just generally fix all the regrettable things.

Still salty about Avi leaving Pentatonix, who leaves acapella dubstep to do folk songs? How do you make that jump?

I'm petty like that.

Now that you bring that up I wonder if, since fragments tend to corrupt their users in-universe, the Azoth fragment will turn its host into another blind idiot god the ,more power she uses.

>I want to spite obnoxiously-wanked power levels
>I will do this with stuff from fucking Dies Irae
Yeah, okay, boss. Whatever you say.

Maybe i'm just a selfish asshole but i don't have a problem with that one.
I don't owe anyone heals or resurrections. People die and need to learn to deal with it.
If i want to bring somebody back to life it's a gift, not a god-given right.
I still keep it secret though in settings that don't have it natively. It'd just be a hassle with people constantly badgering me for rezzes.

After a certain number of jumps i've generally gone to Innistrad and have the ability to grant people healing magic and rezzes in exchange for worship, then it becomes just another tool to expand my religion.
Basically i don't mind giving rezzes to everyone as long as i don't actually have to do any work for it. Because i'm lazy.

Give us some context, please, dear.