New Commander Help

My friends and I are making EDH decks with the new Unstable legendaries as Commanders. And I was needing help building this one.

What cards would make this Commander competitive?

>competitive commander

>competitive commander
>Using unstable cards
Bait

I didn’t say tournament legal. Also, no ideas from you?

Buried Alive and Entomb are obvious places to start. Gravepact with some sac outlets like Ashnod's Alter and Phyrexian Alter. A couple of mill cards to fill your opponent's graveyards with creatures for you to do the Monster Mash with. This card not having any references to Boris Pickett is the tragedy of our time

>Unstable
>Competitive
>Commander
Pick one

Get some discard outlets going - simple stuff like faithless looting. Fleshbag marauder and merciless executioner can get things into graveyards.

You might want to run some of the exploit creatures for value - Sidisi would be an automatic include.

Maybe look at some zombie sub-theme too. You could consider including some dredge cards.

Sac outlets and cycling creatures might also be handy for you.

It's true that Unstable has lots of Commander Love, as Maro personally stated, but none of the Unstable cards will ever be legal in Competitive Commander, and i think you will be better off accepting that.
By referring to "Competitive", you're referring to a deck that can be played in a competitive setting, such as competitions and tournaments. Otherwise it's not competitive, it's just strong.

do you mean "play with competitive autists" or "play in a tournament"
because neither will let you use grusilda

>Implying I wouldn't let someone use a wonky fun commander whose whole schtick is bad reanimator

well you obviously aren't the kind of competitive autist i'm talking about

Since it has both of the combined creatures' name and text boxes, could you mash two halves of a Meld creature and then Meld it/them?

You definitely could.

there is no reason for this thread

this whole discussion could take place in the edh general

>
>
>

nah, this is one of the few EDH related threads that kinda needs its own thread to have any chance of advice. you post about a silver-bordered card in the EDH general, you are gonna get ignored entirely.

fuck off retard thread is fine

Thank you anons.

You do know the ‘g’ in Veeky Forums stands for ‘games’ and not ‘generals’ right?

Single topic threads are fine.

>ITT: OP asks how to make a Commander deck using an Un-Commander be viable and autists throw a shitfit about the definition of the word competitive

Anyway OP, I would say wait to see what else comes out in Unstable if you're going to use Grusilda anyway. There might be some cool shit in there. Sword of Dungeons & Dragons would be pretty sick with her ability.

Since you're going to be fueling the graveyard to combine monsters, maybe sacrifice engines? Black has plenty of those.

well there are many ways to have fun with her ability.
use scryfall to search for fun things. for example you could combine goblin sharpshooter with avatar of woe. there are many fun combination of "creature that taps to do shit + creature that untaps when something happen". some of them result in one sided wraths, other in lot of damage and land destruction.

unfortunately since the ability is basically an instant speed reanimation spell reanimating huge things, including eldrazi titans, and combining them with something that gives haste or hexproof or double strike or indestructible ( plenty of artifacts creatures that can gain protection from stuff, search for them) might be the best thing.
a good part of your deck should be about protecting your commander for one round, discarding cards from your hand and putting cards from your hand to the graveyard.

two strong card i recomend to play that often go unnoticed is vedalken orrery and Anger.