Your latest party is now being hunted by pic related...

Your latest party is now being hunted by pic related, who has crossed over into their setting in order to find and utterly destroy them. How does your party fare, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_the_Super_Wizard#Resume_summary
youtube.com/watch?v=urG1mhnFBjM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What can he do?

You'll probably wish you never asked, user.

Stardust is a good person, user. He wouldn't harm good people.

>Implying.
Do you dare think that Stardust is even remotely capable of processing the thought of harming innocents? That must mean that you yourself are a villain and a servant of Evil! And for that alone, you are now in the power of STARDUST!

>Abilities:
>Superhuman strength, speed, durability and endurance
>Vast knowledge of interplanetary science
>Master of space and planetary forces
>Skilled detective
>Formidable brawler
>Accelerate perception
>Extrasensory perception
>Augmented respiration
>Interplanetary flight
>Indestructibility
>Telepathy
>Teleportation
>Metamorphosis
>Transmogrification
>Telekinesis
>Selective omniscience
>Luminous skywriting
>Other powers as required by the story

He's basically silver age superman with no sense of restraint

You know Dr Manhattan? Imagine that but with a raging hateboner for criminals and a very dark sense of humour.

>Stardust vs. Donald Trump
Public domain was a mistake.

Some of these are disturbing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stardust_the_Super_Wizard#Resume_summary

The sheer level of information recorded here is terrifying.

It's okay, we have an ace up our sleeve.

flash did that to someone once, then put him in a museum about his rogues gallery

Inertia, after the little bastard killed Kid Flash (the Bart Allen one).

sauce me?

Seanbaby did the edit, for a man comics I think.

didn't the author of this comic die in a really tragic way? i think he became homeless and froze to death on a bench or something

yea wikipedia confirms he died alone and penniless.

but goddamn some of the other work by him is pretty rad

It was more of an inevitability, given that he was a violent drunk who abandoned his family even before writing the Stardust strips

So only magic people can deal with him.

no, because he's a super-wizard so regular wizards can't do shit against him

Stardust is a LN level 20 Wizard. I'm not sure if anybody would dare to fuck with him.

Things'd get real spooky

Who would win?

Nobody. Because the multiverse imploded as a result of their fight, killing everyone in the process.

Super God-Man

In the collected anthology my college roommate had, the last chapter was about the editor tracking down this guy's son, only to be told that he had no idea his dad was a comic artist, but that he (the author) sort of looked like the villains Stardust was always BTFOing.

So these comics are even more fucked up than they appear. It's just one guy trying to profit off of his own guilt for being a horrible father by inventing a superhero who would beat him up.

Self-loathing is the basis of many creative works, it seems.

Nothing. We are in the power of Stardust.

No, it wasn't the villains; Fletcher drew himself as a G-Man.

Holy shit, did this predict smartphones?

You mean God-God-Man?

Seriously though, Stardust is a horrifying monster because once he says his catchphrase, you know no amount of begging or temptation will sway him. He will submit you to endess, inescapable torment without any hesitation or doubt.

We are fucked. So very very fucked.

In some ways, the author was a visionary.

He's the hero we deserve, not the hero we need.

That explains why he's after us, since we've been consorting with a CN level 20 Wizard. Maybe we can convince him we were ignorant, point him at the other wizard, then hole up in a far away demiplane where we can witness the destruction of multiple planes in the ensuing battle?

>How does your party fare, Veeky Forums?
they beat him because only dm fiat can beat a dm fiat character and i'm the dm.

they beat him down HARD, kill him and eat the corpse to gain a portion of his power.

party doesn't have a paladin or other LG aligned character, so it's not a point of contention to cannibalize the magic man.

>Actual cannibals in party.
Stardust doesn't have to hold back then. Prepare yourself.

I roll to seduce.

wizard conjures antimagic field, complete nullification with no saving throw

monk uses dim mak, permanent death with no saving throw

barbarian builds a large fire

ranger butchers the meat

party cooks and eats the super wizard, instantly ascending to 21st level.

FOOL! STARDUST IS MASTER OF INTERPLANETARY SCIENCE! YOUR WIZARD'S ANTIMAGICAL FIELD WILL NOT SAVE THEM! FOR THEIR IMPERTINENCE SMALL VERSIONs OF THEMSELVES SHALL EMERGE FROM THEIR BODIES AND BRUTALIZE THEM FOREVER!

ah HA! that's where you're wrong, Stardork! it was an ANTI-INTERPLANETARY-SCIENCE FIELD the whole time!

Dim mak?

>Dim mak?

DEAF TACH

youtube.com/watch?v=urG1mhnFBjM

SeeThere is no escape for the wicked.

Oh, huh. I never heard of Dim mak in any RPG, though.

d&d called it 'quivering palm', which was a 17th level monk ability if i'm not mistaken.

this dm fiat variation has no saving throw, kills every instance of the target across all possible planes and realities, shatters the target's soul and removes the target's thread from the tapestry of fate.

See, the problem here is that he just uses his boomerang ray or whateverthefuck it's called to reflect those abilities back on their users and then beats them up using his superior science. (Not magic, note: just alien super-science. All his special abilities are technobabble science gadgets, IIRC.)

Because Stardust is some hella weird Golden Age wish fulfilment stuff where he never ever fails (although millions upon millions might die before he stops the bad men) and subjects his enemies (who are evil and ugly) to ridiculously horrific punishments.

That guy who burned Mars and killed all the civilizations living there in ? He was sentenced to living on the lifeless planet alongside the charred corpses of those he killed, IIRC. And then in a later story Mars still has living inhabitants because there's almost zero continuity there and Fletcher Hanks wasn't really interested in making an actual story out of his revenge fantasies.

He's bullshit in the way many old-school superheroes were, except he's also (written by) a sociopath and alright with, say, combining thousands of villains into a single person who is then subject to additional hellish punishment because why not. (Although that might have been Fantomah. They kind of blend together, to be honest.)

you're ignoring the part where he appears in my setting and is subject to my whim.

the only way to beat bullshit is to be more bullshit.

Here's the problem, though: if he's not a bullshit nigh-omnipotent wish fulfillment character written by an abusive drunkard, he's not really Stardust.

You're dodging the question, basically: your players could defeat "Stardust" because you'd strip him of everything that makes him, well, him.

Much like your party would clearly lose in a fight against a hamster with a moderately sized vibrator, since I'd be DMing that fight and your Wizard's anus would be very inviting. Except they wouldn't, not really, because that wouldn't really be your party would it? It would just be a twisted facsimile of them that some bastard of a DM created to wank his hamster.

Who is this fool who does not appreciate justice

yeah and no TRUE scotsman takes sugar in his porridge.

Not him, but it looks like 99% of Stardust's abilities are Shaping Effects. Any decent Exalted party should be ready to deal with those, and have PDs for everything else scary under his belt(Even in 3e, where PDs are much less readily availabile)

>You're dodging the question, basically: your players could defeat "Stardust" because you'd strip him of everything that makes him, well, him.
Then here's the problem with the question in the OP, though: Stardust can defeat anyone's "players" because otherwise you'd have to strip him of everything that makes him, well, a bullshit nigh-omnipotent wish fulfillment character. Therefore, it was a stupid question in the first place, so stupid answers are sort of what it deserves.
This isn't a situation where an autist is going "it doesn't matter what I'd bring to a desert island. I would just swim home," because the question isn't really that relevant or interesting in the first place. Sorry, I guess.

Stardust is Donald Trump.

The Stardust of my reality slays him for being an imposter.

Perfect defenses always have catches or flaws though. For any given specific perfect defense Stardust might be able to find a workaround.

>Seriously though, Stardust is a horrifying monster because once he says his catchphrase, you know no amount of begging or temptation will sway him

this is actually what i was thinking about a lot and im glad you said it. its the catchphrase. i cant even imagine the feeling of being a red commie and then hears that fucking catchphrase...

I'm currently in a one Year Year War Gundam RPG.

I'm getting five 18 meter tall robots with bombs and laser beams don't have a chance.

Would a party consisting of Stardust, Popeye, Goku, Kirby, and The Emperor of Mankin survive the Night Land?

Kirby could do it by himself, since he canonically has infinite power.

They'd all shine like fucking galaxies to the Powers Of Night, who would swarm and devour them all. Only Popeye , Kirby, and the Emperor stand a chance. And I don't know about Kirby, since he *literally* has a star for a soul, and the Dark Powers enjoy eating stars when they aren't Destroying mortals.

please tell me why popeye is gonna outlast stardust.

goku i can understand dying. hes a moron who would let everyone around him die so he could get a better fight or would try to talk these things into fighting him one on one or something stupid.

stardust would kill all the beings himself but then turn himself into one and attack the survivors as an ironic punishment for living an unpure life

>please tell me why popeye is gonna outlast stardust.
Toonforce, my dear friend. And also because Stardust's Rays can be blocked or even no-selled entirely by other beings, they are not completely* unstoppable. And once those Rays are of no use, Stardust just becomes a big guy who has to fight like anybody else. He's still really, really, really strong, but physical strength doesn't matter against the Powers Of Night. I do agree that Goku would get himself killed horribly though. Dude's probably them most utterly retarded "hero" in fiction.

>Toonforce
the bane of freeform rp

>anyone who uses the word toonforce

There's not a party in existence that would survive

Unleash an even more brutal monster upon reality.

The term "Toonforce" or Cartoon Physics, has been around for quite a while, my friend. Only relatively recently has it been associated with things like the utter atrocity in your pic.

Everett True and Stardust is already overkill, Marmaduke is just way overboard

So who would win in a contest of might?

How does your party survive a battle of unstoppable monsters going on in the background?

>Implying that only LG characters will object to canibalism
You can't fool me, upside-down Satan

So, as it happens, my current party are low PL M&M characters. But we all have access to PL X powers. There are consequences, but the access is there. So we definitely could. It might lead to creating some type of nega-stardust and reincarnating stardust while his alien super tech ravages the cosmos, but we could totally take him.

My character could take him one on one. The rest of the party is fucked.

The character is a literal god who can disrupt entire planes of existence by daydreaming, as his power is manifest will. So all he has to do is pretend stardust doesn't exist, then he won't.

seems balanced

Fool. Stardust would already know of this ability thanks to his future perception scanner, and then use one of his powerful mind domination rays to control what your character thinks and creates, and force them to mentally alter reality so that they don't have any powers and are doomed to some sort of eternal suffering.

A buddy of mine fucked shit up hard his first time as DM, so I joined the group and my character just kind of showed up midway through an encounter and saved their asses. None of them have seen my sheet, nor will they. It was never meant to be balanced, but more for my character to be a living railroad.

It's absurd, and experienced players would be pissed as fuck, but they're all new and think it's hilarious when something ridiculous happens. Ofcourse, if I'd known how easy going they were to begin with I would've just told the DM to suck it up and admit he fucked up, several times.

At this point we're just keeping up the charade to see how long it takes the other players to realize that my character is God.

He can't see into the future because I haven't imagined it yet, therefore it doesn't exist.

I thought I've seen that before.

>hands in panel six

jesus

Pray hard to the God Emperor and try to make transit to an alternate universe where superpowers don't work.

>How does your party survive a battle of unstoppable monsters going on in the background?
They don't. Hence abandoning ship post haste.

i know, right? they look cold. poor, poor balls

so he's basically OPM in the sense that his super power is that he always wins

Hey, look, it's the villain of my future supers campaign.

Nah, OPM's idea is that he always wins while Stardust's idea is that... I dunno, he punishes evildoers in various sadistic ways and the "always winning" thing is just incidental (and arguably lazy writing). It's kind of like early Superman and Batman always won, it's just that Stardust died off within a couple years before he could grow beyond that. He's an extremely early superhero.

You can actually see some signs of Hanks realizing the "always winning is boring" thing in one of the later strips, where a villain actually manages to use an anti-ray ray to disable Stardust!
But then Stardust just beats them up with superstrength anyway, and IIRC destroys the anti-ray ray gun via the other villain's gun ricocheting or something along those lines?

So Fletcher Hanks realized that he needed to spice up things a bit by introducing actual challenges, but still kept to the thing where he wasn't actually in danger of losing anyway. And then later he introduces a bunch of kid sidekicks because I guess that was becoming a thing, but they only last for two or so issues before Hanks stops writing Stardust.

His actual superpower is just being able to do whatever the plot demands, much like Golden Age Superman's super-photographic memory and super-shirt weaving and super-[INSERT THING HERE].

That's like asking what can God from the old testament can do

everything. he's essentially cartman-as-the-coon making up the rules as he goes along without dr. timmy to call 'no cheating'

seems uncharacteristicly mellow and forgiving of him to just kill everyone

Isn't there a background reference to him in another comic, I wanna say miracleman, defeated and frozen in suspended animation?

Would like to see this.

>Seanbaby
You have exquisite taste user.

As far as omnipotence goes he's somewhere above Franklin Richards and below Herbie Popnecker.

That's how Fletcher Hanks died. He froze to death on a park bench after alienating his entire family and becoming homeless.