Do you think a mixture of the half life and metal gear universes would work as a good tabletop setting?

do you think a mixture of the half life and metal gear universes would work as a good tabletop setting?

Depends on the execution

They're perfectly fine settings as they are, what would you combine (no pun intended)?

>”science”
>shadowy government dealings
>alt history
>high tech mixed with ultrahigh tech
>good sense of humor
>stupidly overacted personalities

Seems like a good fit

no

>one badly "written" universe
>and one well written universe with stupid spinoffs, which, judging from your image, you intead to use as inspiration
No it would not.

>not liking half life
>not liking metal gear rising

How’s depression user?

you really don't like metal gear rising? how do you like any of the other games then?

GURPS

High-tech, ultra tech, martial arts.

500p starting characters no limit.
Character point Progression by flavour and expanding the story.

My mgs campaign is 9 months deep. 1 session weekly. Currently peace walker style "top down" scenarios with rare face to face encounters with BBEGs

No, not at all.

Terrible taste

Half Life world is EXTREME trash: constant cliches keep it running, the whole "military is evil" theme throughout, it started the "zomg science" movement as far as I am concerned, that and the fucking Mythbusters. Gordon Freeman is a fucking nu male bugman with plot armor out the ass, revered by fat IT workers in their mid 40s and the obese virgins who troll little kids on GMod roleplay servers (like my cousin). Alyx is your standard pixie girl slut, the world is basically 1984 minus the things that made that book at all intelligent, and the combine are simple and uninspired, people wanking over the Dyson Sphere need to kill themselves, there's a reason it's called the Dyson sphere and that's cause Freeman Dyson invented it! Wait, OMG! Gordon Freeman = Freeman Dyson! HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!!! So sick of this shit universe and its shit fanbase. As if it even needs another nail in the coffin, Portal takes place in the same universe, and it stands proudly alongside Friday Nights at Freddies and Minecraft as the game(s) with the most autistic Holocaust-candidate fanbases in history. Seriously, if I could go back in time and save jews from the holocaust and replace them with Portal and Half-Life fans at a 1 to 1 ratio, I would do it and have my balls cut off as payment. Fucking cancer setting, only matched by the autism of its fans. Fuck Half Life.

>memes memes memes le memes!!!! xDDDD

Confirmed for not actually engaging with the texts you're railing against.

You sound like one of those guys who requires things to be serious all the time and hates things because of their fanbases.

Half life and portal are both really well written, well acted games. They are also very fun games. Really good games attract more people, more people = more crappy people.

Metal Gear Rising is a platinum game. They build really fun to play video games, and make fun and overacted characters.

Sorry to here about your crippling depression, your crippling seriousness, and your inability to like popular things. Hope you find joy someday.

What a brilliant, well thought out response. I imagine Metal Gear Rising was beyond your intellect.

Good thread everyone

Who hurt you?

What would you want to take from each franchise?

Rotate your image you fuck

>Cold War conspiracy theories and espionage
>katana cyborgs and nuclear mecha
>post-World War NWOs

vs.

>interdimensional alien empire
>super science out the wazoo
>Alex Jones NWO

Sign me the fuck up.

>Gordon Freeman and Solid Snake are the same person
>Black Mesa is testing Metal Gear Rex when the resonance cascade hits
>Have to fight through HECU to hijack Rex and use it to nuke open a portal to the Nihilanth and fight it using robo-dinosaur CQC
>G-Man is tied to some Earth-based interdimensional illuminati
>Combine is xeno interdimensional illuminati
>Both sides are infiltrating each other under a guise of peace and teamwork in a sprawling cosmic Cold War
>Solid Freeman is at the center of it all

Metal Gear exists beyond Rising, you stupid fuck.

>Gordon Freeman is a fucking nu male bugman with plot armor out the ass
that's giving too much credit to his "character"