/l5rg/ - Legend of the 5 Rings General

L5R / Legend of the Five Rings General

"Are you happy that we have a proper subject line now?" Edition

Black bagging edition
>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
ME GA[New Zeland]/#F!EuB3yRRI!FjYeEU2FdqzIZ6cM1dKoHA

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

Latest Beta Update:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/99/6e/996e894d-b3d4-44e8-810e-d1824b82fd18/l5r00_beta_updates_v20.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - jigoku.online/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

>Veeky Forums L5R Discord
discord.gg/CJfVQ7B

>Clan Allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/14339259

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Please remove subject line

Thread Question; Who is your favourite character/personality of nu5R and/or O5R?

Pic Related.

Op ignore the one shit starter

Kamoko's speech about Unicorn's place in the empire in the Unicorn's core set fiction is what swayed me to support Unicorn.

". . . which shall we follow: spirit or duty?” said Kamoko. “Our ancestors left the Empire seeking the answer to that question. We returned with the only answer that makes sense: freedom. The freedom to choose between the two.”"

Who's that? I thought she was just some rando

Min-Hee's advisor.

The one who called Phoenix out on their bullshit.

so what's all this pax drama ?

Sadly, they prob won't use that art, since Meishido isn't death magic anymore.

Moto Death Priest magic isn't Meishodo.

Iuchiban. It’s because ause he was completely justified.

Nah, that's not Meishodo. More importantly though, the Moto death gods, and therefore their priests, don't become relevant to Rokugan for at least another decade in-universe.

Apparently the Pax judge has been making wrong calls. And I think the entry fee is higher than it's been other time.

Is L5R LCG a good game? Is it worth it as a game to have some casual fun with friends? How many core sets I need to actually build playable decks - not just demo decks? Are there many lewd waifus?

>Is it worth it as a game to have some casual fun with friends?
Of course. Online Players Spike out and think that the game is the next MTG, but if you play in person, the attitude is actually pretty relaxed. That being said, some online attitudes make their way into the physical game and deserve a baseball bat to the mouth.

>How many core sets I need to actually build playable decks - not just demo decks?
At least 2, and slowly work your way up to a third.
Seeing as though expansions are being released now, you'll want to invest in those first, then get the third.

>Are there many lewd waifus?
As of now, Kachiko and is the Lewdest, but that's to be expected.
Everyone else is pretty tame. Crab's got strong Mumma arms, and Unicorn's got delicious thicc thighs.

Kachiko and Niece*

Do they post the short stories from the packs online anywhere?

Kaze no shiro

Haven't played since 2e and man, Rokugan has gotten a lot sluttier.

Kachiko was always slutty as fuck, that was kind of her thing (and being Wick's waifu).

>Strong crabs and thicc unicorns

But Phoenix has best girl

I mean, if you want someone who is more interested in reading books than talking to you, then yeah.

From a previous thread;

Unicorn waifus will probably be experimental as fuck, but then settle down when they get bored and have kids until they get bored of having kids. Pretty loyal though. Good waifus.

Crab will be the perfect mothers, a balance between nurture and nature, but will probably be an okay wife and want to run the house if they're Hida. They'll either be the textbook THICC waifu or beat the shit out of you for literally no reason Waifu.Good waifus.

Rare Scorpion waifus will probably be closest thing to "the perfect wife" but you'd have to go through literal hell and back to earn it. The other run of the mill will put on an act, it will be extremely shallow love and they're probably plotting to kill you anyway. The rare are Good waifus. The other are well, pretty okay waifus.

Dragon waifus would be too busy for you, but if they make some time for you - it'll just be about having kids to carry on the line. Otherwise, Okay Waifus.

Phoenix waifus don't understand what fun or sex is. Those that do are probably well into their 50's. Those that aren't in their 50's probably defected to a better clan because they realise how shit Phoenix is. Boring Waifus.

Lion waifus probably don't care about you, because you're not honorable and proper baka. Those that do care about you, will soon not care about you because they'll care about their children more. Boring Waifus.

Crane is literally jealously, toxic pride and high standards incarnate. These aren't waifus, these are pompous cunts. Not even Waifus.

What about spider, mantis (great clan era), and minor clan, and ronin?

He's kinda right though. Even when she was slutting it up, Kachiko didn't actually dress slutty. This image matches her description from 1e. Her lewdity was always in her actions, but more recent art has also put it in her dress.

Ah, a complete and unbiased perception, surely unspoiled by clan loyalties or or personal views.

Could you elaborate?

In the original thread that it was from, it was actually about a disagreement/agreement about marriages.

A couple of people that played 4th edition agreed with the guy. I just took it assuming that it was the general consensus.

He's pulling shit out of his ass. Iuchiban was the youngest son of the Emperor and then became corrupted. His whole beef was that he wasn't the firstborn and couldn't keep the Hantei name. Just like literally everyone related to the Emperor. There have been untold hundreds of people in the same situation who didn't turn to maho and foster a cult in their own name.

FB URL /ArchitectGaming/videos/10210181475240883/

People Banzai'd at PAX. All kicked out of the event.

He was also pulling shit out of his ass.

I'll make the same point here I made there. The emperor could marry anyone he wants, no one's going to gainsay him. Traditionally they always marry a Doji. They can't be that bad as wifes.

Uhhhh, what?

I think you have me confused for a different user. I'm into Mantis dudes.

But, as you said with >The emperor could marry anyone he wants, no one's going to gainsay him.

I'm not saying he can't marry who he wants, he can marry the driest and most naive cunt out there, and I'd be cool with it. They're the fucking emperor.

BUT, as a person who is not the Emperor, I think that's a pretty good summary of the clans as partners.

Right, but if you were the emperor would why would you marry second best?

Crane train to be the perfect waifu. The whole Doji courtier school is about winning friends by giving them the perfect gift, and a blissful betrothal to a perfect waifu is one of the best gifts you can give to win loyalty (and it doesn't hurt that the wife will still be loyal to the Crane).

Anyone who tries to tell you that all clans aren't perfect waifus or shit waifus is just stirring shit.

>The whole Doji courtier school is about winning friends by giving them the perfect gift, and a blissful betrothal to a perfect waifu is one of the best gifts you can give to win loyalty (and it doesn't hurt that the wife will still be loyal to the Crane).

>An entire school dedicated to teaching how to love and care
>Where the Crane's main shtick is to be the most illustrious, beautiful and perfect people
>In a feudal Japanese setting where marriages are more often for political reason

I'm sorry, but I'd be second guessing Crane intentions from day one. More so than Scorpion. Vanity mixed with loyalty doesn't mean a healthy marriage.

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now"

You got a better source on that? I can't even see an Architect Gaming page (just ArchitectGamingStore, but that doesn't seem to have any videos).

>Spider
Riddled with incurable STDs and ridden harder than the town bike. Only bug chasers waifu them.

>Minor Clan
Hipster waifu because you waifu'd them even though no one ever heard about them.

>Ronin
Homeless, dirty, will steal from you, and probably has sold herself for a meal. Bad Waifu.

It's pretty sad actually, all the dudes doing Banzai are pretty much textbook "That Guy" and some even straight up booed after the FFG chant was called.

I get that going PC is fucking dumb, but don't make it worse.

Looks like they took it down. People reported it for Banzai being racist.

>>In a feudal Japanese setting where marriages are more often for political reason

As was mentioned last time this came up, though the marriages are for political reasons, it's considered a sign of a skilled Nakado to ensure a union were love can actually blossom.

Arguably Dragonfly are 'perfect waifu' since marrying for true love is their whole schtick

Is there any source or evidence for this which hasn't conviniently dissapeared into the ether?

Try this: FB groups/L5RLCG/permalink/1546026145462698/

>it's considered a sign of a skilled Nakado to ensure a union were love can actually blossom.
>Relying simply on chance

Scorpion and Unicorn take the top spot because they can learn about their partner before their marriage.

Unicorn has the excuse that they don't understand traditions cause "lol, Gaijin." Not to mention they have a great sense of family, so they'd probably make a good decision for a spouse before committing.

Scorpion love being naughty; seeing a person they like, befriending them, and then attempting to twist situations to where they end up getting married seems like a very Scorpion thing to do.

Crab is definitely 50/50, either you hit it off and fucking great together, or it's just to contribute more bodies as numbers on the walls.

Again, this is opinion so you don't need to go full sperg like some of the guys did last thread after someone said Unicorn players are liars.

How about something that is set public so we can see it without jumping through hoops.

The real issue with a Crab waifu, is they'd expect you to stand on a cold wall and get stabbbed to death by goblins.

I want a waifu who's prepared to put a sack-cloth over my head and drag me off to a tropical island filled with delicious food.

Her art has never been consistent with her fiction descriptions.

>Scorpion apologists

I thought you guys went extinct when Nu5R hit.

Can you put fate on a card that comes into play with Charge?

No

Only via other card effects (Good Omen, For Greater Glory, Vanguard Warrior, etc.)

Can confirm. In a loveless marriage with both my Phoenix 5 drops that keep failing me.

"Heh, nice cards, kid. Too bad they're not in their original Japanese language like mine. Only plebs run gaijin cards."

>Are you happy that we have a proper subject line now?

not sure what guidelines by which you are assessing propper, but I do find this subject line very effective.

>sideways deck and discard

Fucking disgusting

Why do people insist on wearing hats that are too small for face.
It would look far better if he wore a large brimmed hat.

or not hat at all!

Agreed, especially indoors you take off you dang hat.

It's not the hat, the head and jowel just expanded beyond hat capacity

Are people not taught that wearing hats indoors is rude?

Even in period it actually depends on where you have gone indoors. In general, you can leave it on in public venues unless there's a reason to take it off, like for visibility at a concert.

What are the chances that /l5rg/ will be doing beta tests of the FF RPG?

>at 1 honor
>opponent has watch commander in conflict
>play a card
Is this a good play?

I cant fuckibg stand the asperbergs of this community. Guy wearing fake tattoos, this guy wearing a fucking fedora and 9/10 hatamotos looking like basement dwellers. So cringey to look at all of them,.

The best play. That makes champions. The only winning move is to lose as fast as possible.

Welcome to L5R.

Crab i agree with wives are suppose zo be the rock.
Though I would say that the level of hida wives who beat people are way less then implied as O- was the son of kisada.
Dragon are said to most likely marry for love.
The rest is extremly biased fot example lions have a lot of romantic figures
Don't think Scorpion are so interested in their own happiness.
Their most important is duty and loyalty, a scorpion woulfn't try to gain personal happiness from arranging somethinh which could have benefit your clan

>From a previous thread;
It wasn't a great assessment then, why repeat it?

Does anyone know what to play for crab? I can’t seem to get a decent deck together for them

Anyone remembers what's the supposed spoiled action of Mono no Aware?

3 assassinate 3 way of the crab. Kill everyone

Something like Reaction: At the beginning of the fate phase remove 1 fate from each personality in play.

Reaction: At the beginning of the Fate phase remove all fate from each character in play.

Hail to our new fedora'd champion.

If it makes you feel any better, almost all spikes are fucking cunts too. There's no monetary value in winning and they treat it as if it's a job. It's even better when they stand out so we can actively talk shit without having to confuse them with someone else.

Ehh, it got similar reception, some agreed, some hated it. I feel that it's more so for "actually playing the RPG" purposes than it is for strict-lore purposes.

I mean, marrying outside the clan to solidify allegiances and possible access to information they might not have had, may be a reason to marry the non-Scorpion. They'll find a way to make it so without making themselves look like a fool or betraying the Scorpion.

>I feel that it's more so for "actually playing the RPG" purposes than it is for strict-lore purposes.
Depends on whether you consider the lore useful or something that gets in the way.

I think it was "Reaction: At the beginning of the fate phase remove 1 fate from each personality in play. Draw a card."

>They'll find a way to make it so without making themselves look like a fool or betraying the Scorpion.
Or that won't be possible, and they'll probably just give up on it or maybe have an affair after they marry someone else. Like every other couple that hopes to marry for love. Most of the time it just doesn't work.

This wrong.

It's just a 3 cost event that removes 1 fate from all characters and draws you a card.

I just don't think one can be a better scorpion then all the scorpions.
A good affair on the other hand is very much possible.

My gift to you.

Crab and Dragon do it pretty often, and Dragonfly do it exclusively. It's notble it can't happen.

Bumpan'

>

Is that a beautiful Scorpion taking off his mask to show his "completely real" tears?

>mfw

Depending on what official material you're basing your perspective on, the answer can go either way.

That's lame. I wish Scorpion could just have a good honest moment.... although they did produce the fortune of honesty.

100%, they can have a good honest moment on an individual level and from the perspective of the scorp themselves, and others can see that and believe in the purity of their sincerity.

There's a story of a scorp and crab who had a bitchfit in court, with the crab certain he could last longer in court than the scorp could on the wall - and someone nearby had enough status to make it happen. The scorp decides to stay, eventually dying near the wall, asking only that they remove his mask before he dies.

So it's true.

Then there's another writer who decided to fuck that in the arse, making it so that scorps wear masks to remind others they're lying bitches, and that wearing the mask means they're telling the truth. Probably. Removing the mask then means that they're not reminding others clans of their weasely rep, and are lying. Probably.

So it's not true.

Maybe.

Reminder that L5R has always been about the story, and no one cares how hard you can net deck.

Lose all your games today?

Just people on Jigoku being Spike-shitters and just a little over competitive in a casual game.

Some spergs on the L5R discord don't know how to chill either.

We all know Mad Max: Fury Road is "The Unicorn Clan's Movie".

What are the other clans movies?

>Unicorn Clan
>Mediocre

Makes sense.

The Great Wall was pretty Crab. Wu Xia has some solid Kitsuki action and was even released as Dragon in the States.

Amen

What does Spike mean?

It's the Wizards of the Coast name for their profile of highly competitive players (i.e. tournament scene or wannabe.)

I wish the table setup in the rules were an actual rule. The game was designed that way for a reason

Watchmen is pretty Scorpion

This is just pathetic.

I spaced it out. You get more room for strongholds, which isn't that important but you lose room for your battlefield.

do you have the source for the story? that sounds interesting

You know what's also pathetic?

Grown men who complain about card games.
Grown men that complain about card games that they play online.
Grown men that complain about card games, that they play online, because they're too stingy to buy the physical version.

They need some serious grounding, if you want to be Spiky as fuck while you tip your fedora; Do that in MTG, there's no need for Spikes in L5R.

Crab won PAX

2nd place Lion apparently barely knew Crab cards (or was trolling)

judges didn't know rules

the Wall has been defended, but at what cost