Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1886: CPs For Nothing And Waifus For Free Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/new-job
scp-wiki.net/sarkicism-hub
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could the shining trapezohedron from dyn freaks kill scp 682?

yes

Almost certainly not.

No. SCP >>>>>>>>>>>> Lovecraft >>> every other verse.

Jumpers, who's your good boy?

Temporarily, but then you'd have a few seconds to realize it's ressurected and all you've done is made it literally omnipotent.

Would anybody be interested in a Crysis jump?

I need a radiation immunity/resistance perk, help?

Sounds nice, but it might be too much for the drive to handle.

Yes, I know I would. They were all good fun, plus the idea of having a nice power armor/skin tight suit is cool.

Not him but why not? It has been killed in setting a lot of times but it has just not died in the main scp universe.

Even if it doesnt kill him it should work really well to imprison him.

Captain Planet and In Nomine both have that.

Is it weird how I am taking Yog-Sothoth just to mess with people?

>a lot of times
Non-canonical times.

In O death it is dead, locked in its cell.

I don't think jumpchain can run Crysis.

Killed by a being/force far beyond mere Outer Gods.

I don't know ether of those settings and want to avoid jumps like that.
I guess I'll read up on In Nomine if I don't find something else.

Generic Post Apocalypse and the OG DC jump both have things for cheap.

My knowledge of superhero comic books is limited to other people shitposting about them, Generic Post Apocalypse on the other hand whould be great.
Thanks.

>implying this wasn't what the drive was created for
>to run the crysis jump

Im not sure you can even say that, all it seems to be from thw scp description is a force that kills stuff. Nonliving matter doesnt die, most of the stars that are normal stars dont die, its just like a conceptual infection with is stupidly easy to make in jumpchain.

Seems fine to me.

SCPs are like Saitama: However strong you are, they're much, much stronger. Nothing in jumpchain could even come close to beating one, because they're not supposed to.

That is what happens when you buy Arthur Weasley a lawn mower.

Yes, but that'd be the overkill of the century. You don't need the Shining Trapezohedron to kill it.

Im not sure you understand how jumpchain works.

In SCP everything is canon. There is no true privileged canon, SCP entries contradict each other and the setting is a massive multiverse.

Eh I like to be sure.

Most notably this is also canon.

scp-wiki.net/new-job

Speaking of SCP, has anyone used the Six Archons to elevate themselves for extra cosmic bullshit?

So:
>Gamer
>G. Isekai
>Overlord
>World Seed
>Weakness of Beatrice
>Konosuba
>Minecraft
What other jumps gives you videogame-like interfaces and abilities?

Got a number?

Alterworld should have one.

I think most of the info is here: scp-wiki.net/sarkicism-hub

Ark Survival Evolved

I dont think it actually does, but then again that kinda makes sense because the interface becomes nonexistant after a while and just becomes reflexive use of powers in the story. May be a good idea to put something like it in as a free perk though. I will make a note. Any more idea for things you would like to see added? I think the jump could use some cleaning up and prettifying anyway.

A saber-toothed hexapanther mount from Sword and Sorcery.
He's like a big black van with claws that eats pigs. Or deer. Or chocobo. Or thieves. He isn't picky.
And then he spends 18 hours a day lazing around.

I believe Human Revolution has a perk that gives you the DX:HR inventory system.

They are really cute

Does anyone know some settings where I can get some power quickly?

I wanted to start in DYN Freaks but the crazy and sadistic Mugen scares me off from starting there as a Wizard with how she bullied the MC constantly.

Just be the true Yog and stop her shit. As long as Azathoth doesn't awake during that time, she can't really do much. Just put her inside a pocket dimension or something.
To better answer your question, how much power are we talking about?

She very likely IS the true Yog

She is called a fragment multiple times during the series and she doesn't denies it.

He is a GOOD DOG. BEST FRIEND.

Oil baths and high speed target practice are his favorites.

Enough to not have to worry about her ripping out Al Azifs soul from her body and hold her hostage over me like she does the mc.

Maybe a gauntlet?
But yeah Crysis would be cool.
Thanks.

He's great at following commands, always shows up when I call him, and is a robot dragon that destroys evil.
It's very hard to find a better boy than this.

You know, I wonder if She Who Lives in Her Name would fall for a Yog-Sothoth jumper? She's a collection of 10,000 many-colored spheres, you're a collection of infinite many-colored spheres. You'd have a lot in common. Or maybe she'd be jealous of how many balls you have.

I mean yeah, it's a possibility. Maybe as an optional challenge?

I'm not too sure what benefit it would actually bring in terms of design, is the thing.

Not thinking of going for the Worm? They both exist in many points in time.

Odd question involving Soul Eater and Bleach (I'm sorry):

If a Demon Weapon became a shinigami, would they, after the Jump be able to transform into their Zanpakutou and use its powers alongside their own?

Was planning to Jump into Soul Calibur to fuck over Inferno and Elysium...well, not fuck them over precisely, but make sure that my demon weapon can chow on them. However, since Zanpakutou are basically Soul Symbiotes, could my demon weapon companion use that power in their weapon form?

As I said, wouldn't what is offered in the Jump suffice? As long as you don't let her manipulate Azathoth you should be fine. And if you take the scenario, you are the Azathoth fragment.
But if you want soul protection, Ghost Rider has little risk and offers a pretty good perk.

Can't fragments grow to full power eventually? I don't see how her being a fragment necessarily means she's weak enough for you to just bully.

Terraria

Well user, you don't need anything special to grab the Worm. She loves you regardless of any Outer God status. The Worm Loves You.

I haven't seen it so asking just to clarify, but there isn't a Pathfinder jump?

Fragments aren't limited to just the power they first gain and she's been one for the longest time. Potentially a very long time.

What's the best way to use Maker of Magic from Weakness of Beatrice?

Welp, I just finished D.Y.N Freaks, but I really didn't understand what the fuck was going on in the second half. Oh well.

Yes, as the people here chased off the jumpmaker.

The Exalted jumps are 2e, aren't they?

Yes. 3e is basically dead in the water anyway, senpai.

People are just meming about 682.

I mean in classic Lovecraft at least Nyarly is defined as the consciousness of the Outer Gods and his sole motivation is to mess with people.

I've had a look at Metaphysician's (the guy who "codified" the Sarkic mythos; technically there's two SCP before, one about the Flesh That Hates vs the CotBG and one about people heavily implied to have founded the Flesh under the influence of a thing that might be an Archon/Karcist, but it predates explicit Sarkic stuff) sandbox and it may not be a good idea.

Because in his 001 proposal in progress, a woman dreams of what seems to be Ion realising that surprise surprise, juicing yourself and your followers up on what is basically an Outer God's essence is actually really bad for you in the long term and there's no way out anymore

Which is extra sad because not only are there a few benevolent Sarkic SCPs out there, but other stuff he wrote there spells out the Nalka faith ("Sarkicism" is actually a perjorative applied by nonbelievers/rival sects/people generally freaked out by all the meat) started out as an altruistic slave rebellion against the Daevites who are the SCP's OG evil ancient civilisation.

...also, I'm pretty convinced by now that Grand Karcist Ion is literally a Jumper. He even has a waifu!

According to Compass: Malfeas, SWLIHN canonically spends a lot of time hanging around in Szoreny staring at her symmetrical self in his mirror-woods.

Make of that what you will.

Tfw shitty devs strangle the game in its crib and leave the corpse for the new guys to deal with after getting fired

At least Arms just came out and is topping the bestselling list
Hopeā„¢

>Arms
That Nintendo fighting game?

Give everyone the potential to use magic and put a hard limit on how strong people can get with magic, but let them devise their own spells/techniques. Give yourself a special place within the system that makes you much stronger then anyone and everyone else and that lets you use inherently better versions of all their abilities before even taking into account your vast strength difference.

Didn't Morke and Holden post on Veeky Forums back in the day? In hindsight, it seems like a warning flag. Also is Vance still attached to 3e? Don't always agree at the guy, but at least he seems more stable and coherent than those two-even if that's damning by faint praise.

Welcome to the club, user. Godammit Nyarlathotep, you can't just go HURR I WIN BECAUSE I'VE DECIDED I'M PART OF YOU NOW, MC-KUN

Mix elements of DxD magic into the Servant summoning system, specifically it's own summoning bits. Prepare for manifest breastiny.

Yeah Vance and Minton spearheading 3e now. Active in ask Devs thread on forums too.

Well both the meaties and the metalies are founded on what's basically altruistic or at least positive intent, it's just that, going by their lore, they cannot win as either way you turn you're basically running into the arms of a non-ideal state of being for a human and fiddling with shit will always end terrible since the human existence is a carefully weighed balancing act between the two deities. Trying to improve your situation at all or appeal to either one for help is ALWAYS going to ruin that balance and make things horrible for you and everyone else.

People need to pay you a monthly fee to keep their magic.

Basically, yeah. The chineses snekmen got the closest to an ideal state and even they eventually got ruined after one emperor got too addicted to Nuywa-Yaldabaoth-Vazjuma's tendies. There might still be hope, because of that one snekman descendant in the modern hero who figured out how to shed his human form and turn into a (seemingly non-feral) dragon, but the remaining snekman society rejected his research

Also I find it funny that in both their PoV tales Yaldabaoth and Mekhane perceive each other as female, and themselves as male

>People need to pay you a monthly fee to keep their magic.
... and thank you, user.

Don't suppose the WIP is anywhere?

No, she had just claimed it not long before.

yaaaasss queeen slaaay

you only need multiple 173's or a sentient star

Maybe I'll try that when I get home.
I can't possibly fuck it up more than I did the first Nasuverse jump.

I'm not convinced what he did was entirely positive, we can't really tell unless we ever get more information on what his thoughts were like in that state.

This little guy. He kind of adopted me while I was wandering around Japan by landing on my hat and promptly falling asleep. Which makes sense, Japanese Dwarf Flying Squirrels are mainly nocturnal. But he's still a good boy who watches over me at night. If anyone tries to sneak up on me he lets loose a sonic screech that is powerful enough to literally bowl people over.

Oh, and he has a whole small dimension tucked away inside his fur. It looks really weird when I shove my whole hand into the back of this tiny fluffball though, so I don't really use it. He likes to store nuts and other goodies inside.

I named him Momo because he reminds me of a fluffy dumpling.

Only if in the fluff Jumpchan keeps having to reboot the document because it crashes randomly on her.

Jumpers!

How do you reconcile buying companions with CP, and the concept of free will?

Does your waifu know you purchased her love?

Those eyes remind me of Jiren for some reason. A big, fluffy Jiren.

I didn't buy their love. I bought them a ticket from Jump-chan that says "Free universal tour with this fuck." It is by their own will that they follow me.

>How do you reconcile buying companions with CP, and the concept of free will?
I don't, because I stopped caring about questions like that a while ago.

I wonder if Jiren will have a transformation. Hit is the only guy since King Piccolo not to transform, so Jiren has good odds of getting one.

This .
Paying for a new companion just buys them a ticket to the jumpchain. You have to convince them to use it on your own.
At least that's how i fanwank it.

Not that free will means much with some of the charisma/persuasion perks around, but there's unbelievably charismatic people around in RL too. You're just leveling the playing field. And cheating like a motherfucker while you're at it, but that's jumpchain for you.

Well, certain settings canonically have destiny or fate or such governing the interation between sapients so for those I assume we're simply fated to be together and in a sense, there is no free will involved.

For the rest, I wank it's pretty much like the option described in a lot of Val jumps: We're guaranteed a meeting with mostly positive outcomes via causality shenanigans, and if things go swell enough we want to leave together, we can. Something similar applies to scenarios.

I'm pretty sure the red energy stuff he did when he stopped Goku's last hit is the prelude to his transformation. He always pulls it out when he realises he needs to take a fight somewhat seriously, so I assumed it's his ki.

Elves don't have free will, they serve their master unquestioningly. No elf of good-breeding would think to disobey her owner.

Are there any settings actually like this?

Only two of my companions had no choice in the matter: one because she never had free will to begin with, and the other because the gods of that setting literally begged me to take her away. Everyone else was either won through scenarios or "convinced" with charisma.

In my Chains, buying a Companion option doesn't mean they're guaranteed to come with the Jumper. It's buying the opportunity to meet them. The universe nudges things a little bit so they come into contact a few times, usually by setting them nearby each other or having them work in the same place, but after that it is up to Jumper. On this Chain alone I've probably spent a thousand CP on Companions who either left after a few Jumps or decided not to come along.

It also tends to help the Companion believe the Jumper when they start telling the truth about what they really are. That is to say, it helps them believe that the Jumper is serious and not pulling any kind of elaborate prank, but it still won't push them into accepting.

>I have no idea who this is.
>Google!
Oh, heh, I can totally see it.

A bumbling little bee.

Probably, depends on how hard 682 is being wanked.

Crysis would be fantastic.

Go for it. I loved the idea some guys had about going to Dresden Files, had a few minutes fun daydreaming about that.

Yeah, it's...pretty damn confusing.

oh my god I can finally answer these sort of things

Well, personally, I don't have my jumper get to make all her own choices. Sometimes the choices just get made for her, get locked into the build and she has to work around them. Often these aren't even made visible to her, just the point cost. So in my first jump I had my jumper get two new companions and I did design them as like, me in real life, but she had no idea who they are or when they'd meet them.

It was the only way I found that made me feel less awkward about it and avoid having to do a scene about essentially creating them.

Canon companions are basically the same. Pay the points, hide the purchase and just have it be a natural progression of me and them meeting and becoming friends in jump.

>Does your waifu know you purchased her love?

Are there any actual companion purchases that are like that?

>How do you reconcile buying companions with CP, and the concept of free will?
I mean it took me a while to convince them to come along, so it is out of their free will.

On a scale of Red to Valeria, how long does Digger usually take to finish a Jump?

>Are there any actual companion purchases that are like that?
The Scott Pilgrim jump has one. The Custom NPCs from Overlord also qualify since you're creating them from scratch and get fiat-backed loyalty.
The Sister companion from A Certain Scientific Railgun is also made to love you by fiat, so i guess she counts too.

Well I know the one from Skyrim specifically states that you can specify your relationship to any new Companions you make and that they're unfailingly loyal and willing to go along with basically anything you come up with. But that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Oh I must of missed that they left after claiming it. Shame I am in no position to pick that back up.

Log Horizon's a good one for that.

Card Captor Sakura and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon have options to purchase the love of a companion.

Well, no one seems to fully reach maturity before Vortex appears, so there is that