Positivity Thread

Hey Veeky Forums, we have too many rage/cringe/gripe threads. Let's have some stuff that makes you feel happy or generally pleased about.

>DM puts lots of time and effort into his sessions
>makes it fun and enjoyable
>personalises plot lines and hooks for each of our characters

>Not enjoying your anger
Do you think we complain so much for no reason? We like to be angry

How do I put this...

i've been finding a couple good RPG shows and enjoyed the production values

Anger can be fun, but having fun with it too much breeds a toxic mindset.

>My recently gathered group of randoms are almost at the end of our first campaign
>”Hey what do you guys wanna play next?”
>They actually want to stick around
>Someone else offers to DM depending on who comes up with the most fun sounding campaign so no forever DM
>Dunno what I did to deserve these cool new friends

Care to share?

Frozen Frontier

I got into a campaign for a system I really wanted to play!

>make a silly character
>don't try to ridicule the the group or DM
>don't try to break the tone of the campaign
>just a character that sounded fun

>somehow he ends up the least crazy charcter
>do some convincing role-playing
>make other players laugh
>leave the GM speechless at one point
And now I want to play more.

># tertiary-erp

That's a lot of ERP going on, user

>Ran session yesterday
>New character established as reckless, splits the party by running into the deathtrap gauntlet alone while everyone else goes around
>worried both sides will be bored when it's not their turn
>reckless ranged adored the trap gauntlet, and monk/sorc/fighterlock enjoyed their battle with animated armors in a thin hallway.
>Everyone tells me they loved the session when ti was over and stays for an hour afterward to chat

Feels fucking great man.

I started working on a homebrew derivative system for BattleTech in order to run One-Year War Zaku campaigns with, and it turned out to be both rewarding and correct-feeling.

One day, when all the problems are ground down, I'll refine it into a dueling system using gunpla as tabletop figs. It'll be fancy.

PLEASE POST IT SOMEDAY i really want to see how others handle something like that

>bring the same npc into every campaign if there's different players
>he always makes them laugh
>genuinely lighthearted and quirky without being too dumb
>laughs shared by all and funny memories made

I will! And thanks for the supportiveness, it goes ways to making the job run faster. I am a sucker for cheers.

>one our players committed suicide
>the game was better off without him

Just kidding.

What system is it?

I had a player who threatened to commit suicide because of ingame stuff. I feel a lot better now that he's been out of my life for nearly a year now.

>played a game today
>had fun
Come at me.

>high level campaign
>DM just handed out some cool homebrew magic items that he let us help design
>new splatbook just came out with a bunch of cool shit I can partially access next level
>next level I get the perfect spell to bully an NPC that talked shit
Life is good.

...in the butt

Generally, when person short-circuits after traumatic life event and attempt spontaneously, they deserve support, because it's one time fuck-up they will learn from.
If somebody goes all drama queen about it, don't enable them, any effort spent on them would be wasted.

Pathfinder group was fighting a demon with plate armor with 28 AC last night, they couldn't hit it and it was immune to the energy damage they threw at it and they had no battlefield control spells. The thing cut them up pretty bad but the slayer who had an adamantine longsword and Improved Sunder actually used it to great effect (his CMD was lower and easier to hit). I houseruled that since armor hp was 5x its bonus, every 5 damage he did would reduce its AC by 1, and of course adamantine ignores hardness, so he brought the thing's AC down to 20 so the other party members could hit it. At last they finished it off. It was the first Pathfinder combat in a long time that I actually liked, and enjoyed running.

I play healers all the time and I love it. I enjoy feeling as if I'm helping.

Also, my group have been cozy real-life friends for years. It's been fabulous learning more about them and watching each other develop IRL

>No phones.
>No laptops
>Game chat only
>Final Destination

My players man.
They taught me the system we are playing on and even did practice sessions and combat tests with me.
They all put work into their character concepts.
We all talked to work out what kind of game this was going to be, and then they told me what what to look out for to avoid overpowered PCs or NPCs and helped me work out hard and soft bans. Ontop of that they worked out homebrew add ons for aspects of the game that the base system didn't really cover, or warned me about deficiencies in the core game.

They generally took it well when I rejected or made them build things on their character.

They almost always have explanations when they can't make a session and make an effort to warn me in advance.

When the first case of a PC needing to be shelved came up, the player in question was gracious about it. We even talked to get a better idea of what went wrong so that each of us is better equipped to prevent such a situation in the future.

One of my players had to drop because their life has gotten more busy. They told me so instead of just disappearing.
Awesome.

>made them build things on their character.

should be rebuild

I recently ran a game after not playing for a few years due to depression.

Despite having only half the thing planned we played for 8 hours, everyone had fun. Two people were new to Tabletop RPGs and they are now joining someone else's campaign because they had so much fun.

I'm glad I was able to get people into tabletop rpgs. They even thanked me after, that was new.

Hey guys! I haven't been on Veeky Forums for a bunch of years now, but seeing this thread while passing by... well, I think you's still kinda awesome.

Baking anything this Christmas?

Nah, we went downhill a lot over past couple years, this really is exceptional moment of quality.

>dm dumps all his effort into making a game
>the players like it
>the players are unaware of the crippling depression the DM is going through
>the players demand more game
>the DM manages to get another player to DM instead
>the players love new DM
>the old DM doesn't fit anywhere in the game of new DM
>the old DM backs off and decides to just lurk
>the new DM and players worry about old DM
>the old DM realizes maybe they want him to be a player too?
>no, the new DM and players are worried that the old DM is going to stop DMming and they just want to make sure there's a game after they are done with new DM's game.
>the old DM is dying
>the old DM is drinking
>the old DM is me.
Post ending in 71 decides how I kill myself.

Aw, I'm not scripty. It's been... five years, already...

Gee user, have you seen a doctor about all this? It's not like he'll wave his magic wang and make it all go away, but... you can get medicine to help with the symptoms of depression, you can get medicine - antabuse - to eliminate the alcohol problem, and you can get advice, counceling and actual hands-on-help in managing your everyday life that way.

Just, uh, just so you know, it's okay to ask for help.

>magic wang
is that a Freudian slip or are you memeing ;)

>asking for help like a pussy bitch
don't listen to this guy, user
just cut off your balls and go to where you belong

Go outside, start lifting, eat better, etc.
Or ignore that and fucking do a flip off skyscraper. I imagine it's like flying if you close your eyes.

>that feel when you're too much of a piece of shit to just kill yourself
>that feel when you can't do anything but distance yourself from people who want to help you
>that feel when youve tried to improve your life only to backslide or have something happen to you any time you start to make headway
>that feel when all you can do is imagine what it would be like to be one of those people you see on tv going off the wall and gunning a ton of people down
>that feel when you resist try to resist all these negative thoughts because you still think you can do good things for people
>that feel when you wear a facade in public
>that feel when you can't give up yet
>that feel when you'll let them all down if you fail
>that feel when you're never good enough
>that feel when you just hope they'll say it one day
that feel when even when you're alone in your bed in the dark at night, you're still here with me, reminding you of how fucking trash you really are
forever.

I am playing in my first ever campaign and I am having the best time. My DM is smart as fuck and lets us try whatever we like and manages to keep us on the same track. Our party has a great mix of good and evil, and our classes are varied too.

I am playing a Firbolg Ranger/Druid multiclass. I have a forest spirit wolf companion and a bunch of cool weapons and armor. It's the best.

I fucking love DnD.

Also sleep. Not getting proper sleep fucks you over massively. If you can get a hold of it, Melatonin is a pretty safe way to help you stabilize your sleep schedule. Also maaaybe stay of this site for a bit,
if you have other stuff to occupy yourself with. This site breeds resentment and bitterness like few others.

>Melatonin is a pretty safe way to help you stabilize your sleep schedule.
In sufficient dose it can fix all your other problems too.

It's probably the least lethal alternative as far as sleeping pills go.

Tell them, talk to them, see a doctor.
I don't know what you're going through, man. But don't give up.

Shh, don't spoil the surprise.

Jesus fuck you sound like a fucking middle school emo kid. Either stop whining and do something about your shit life or fuck off. And I guarantee you that everyone you're close too already thinks that you're a failure, and the only reason they'd feel bad when you offed yourself is because they feel obligated to keep your sinking ass afloat. Just shut the fuck up and pick one of the millions of reasons to live that you've probably thought about and deemed "not good enough" for your special snowflake life. Not a damned soul in this world can do anything for you but yourself, so stop waiting around for it and just fucking do it.

i know.
i yo-yo a bunch.
probably going to go down to the lake and sit on the pier with a loaded gun for the fifteenth fucking time this year.
then im going to get home after dark and sit in my room in front of the monitor staring at the google home screen for like an hour before just sighing and laying down and returning to "normal" until I crack and this shit happens again.

its a fucking stupid cycle and i hate it.

>le edgy user "im cool im a tough guy"
Maybe I should just spend my life learning computers so I can come fucking murder you instead for being a useless cocksucking mongoloid bitch.

You can do it. I believe in you, and I want for things to improve for you.

>so I can come fucking murder you
If you could pull a trigger we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I triggered you apparently, nerd.

You're right, I'm the one having a mental breakdown and talking about offing myself because my feelings hurt. Oh wait.

No, you're lurking on a chinese cartoon forum looking to be as angsty and edgy as possible because you're waiting for your mom to finish making your tendies.

You do realize you have to be 18+ to use this site, right?

>I'm edgy and underage
>says the guy who typed up what might as well have been Linkin Park lyrics a few posts ago in a thread about positivity
Oh I'm laffin. Next time you go down to the lake, sell tickets.

>takes forever to reply
>asking his mom to put bandages on those holes where the fishooks were in his mouth
>literally crying at his keyboard for getting blown the fuck out

>"I- im l-l-laughin g-guys!"

Next up is "I was only pretending."

Followed by "No U"

Followed by more shitposting until the thread dies.

Could you two shut the fuck up and just have sex already?

My girlfriend is going to 1-on-1 RP with me through PbP (text is desu my favourite medium for RP). She seems rather excited for it and is making up an interesting backstory for her character.
And out of all the settings I gave her to pick, she chose cyberpunk, which I've been itching to play for ages.

>My girlfriend
You could have just stopped there, the rest is just rubbing it in

I am going to be running a Christmas game!

Santa Claus is a warforged and he has a malfunction causing him to put everyone on the naughty list. But a rumor that he has gone insane has spread from the North Pole, and the party must stop him before he finishes his preparation to fly from chimney to chimney and drop Cloudkill spells down them!

I want to give you shit for blatantly ripping off Futurama, but it sounds like too much fun

>running a LMoP game for newbs, they love it and are having a blast
>running Shadowrun game for friends, rules suck but we've been having zany cyberpunk fun by mostly improvising and letting rule of cool dictate
>playing in 2 other 5e games with same friend group, group is fun and likes to play different styles, different settings like FFXIV and a home-brew world with two new DMs who let us get away with just barely enough to be fun but not enough to feel overpowered
>about to start a starfinder game with said group to replace shadowrun, group is excited and wants to play a cheesy 80's space action flick and our new dm is down

in rpg terms at least my life is pretty fantastic right now. and to think we all came together because of an leg post and ended up forming a tight-knit group.

Didnt mean to rip it off. I know the show but ive only seen a few episodes. Imma have to watch it now tho so i can steal details.

>with a group that rarely gets to play
>3,5 game
>track down a potentially hostile group to their camp
>scout gets into flanking position
>the wizard and the muscle (me) approach the front
>wizard gets talking to their leader
>I have to surrender my sword
>they attempt to search me
>still have my dagger
>manage to vault over their soldier (because weaboo fightan magic), draw
>scout shoots at their feet, then knocks a few rocks loose so it seems there's more of us
>standoff!
>meanwhile, wizard and leader have tea, reach an agreement
>regroup
>mission accomplished, back to boss

I know it's nothing major, but damn, I like those situations where you manage to convey a lot with very little action or talk. This group is a good group.

Die of old age after succesfull treatment&therapy.

>Post ending in 71 decides how I kill myself.

OD on hot pockets

This user is correct.

>1
>positivity thread

>Join a 4E game because I want to actually see how the system plays
>We start off in a fair
>A portal opens up after an hour or so of dicking around and going to a sideshow
>mfw we're literally just playing Chrono Trigger
I fucking love Chrono Trigger.

Kamigakari. A nip RPG I really took a liking to. There's a thread going around. Come check it out!

After wading through waves of shitshows, I finally found a solid group of 10, I was under probation to join and didn't even realize. Am now a regular, have AFMBE game coming up and currently in a Shadowrun.

Am very happy with my hobby now.

that sounds fucking cool user, post it when you're happy with it

Tee-Hee Macaroni?

I'm convinced that group don't actually think Tee-Hee Maraconi is funny, they just realized how much it upsets the user who posts that story and THAT'S what's so funny to them

By living a long and wholesome life

>Play D&D at the community college.
>About to finish and go to a 4 year school.
>Forever DM, players don't know what they're gonna do when I leave.
>Some think about GMing but they're all poorfags because college, I give them all PDFs but they still want physical books.
>I buy them all a copy of Basic Fantasy RPG.
Feels good man.

Being healthy?

Where the fuck do you think you are

Get new players, then die at the age of 98 from kidney failure.

I don't believe 90% of the stories on Veeky Forums.

Haven't we established that it's just a Tom Bobmadil joke?

Force Grey: Giant Hunters

There are stories on this shithole you believe?

Veeky Forums has always been filled with liars. The only difference between now and when I enjoyed it was that it used to be filled with liars saying interesting shit.

I'm close to finishing a modified DH system to make an XCOM game TTRPG.

>improvised a game with no prep
>players had more fun than with heavy-prep sessions
>doing it this way from now on
>feels good to know you have become an okay GM

If there was one story you could pick to be real, what would it be?

I think it's fine to whine. Though these thoughts may not be healthy, they are inevitable, and committing them to writing can be cathartic.

Literally any of the stories about happy people finding good groups with enjoyable games.

It's Veeky Forums. I fully expect all of you cunts to be just as miserable as me. Not like I wish that to be the case, but it is about what I believe.

Call me crazy, but I believe 90% of the stories I've read on Veeky Forums. To disbelieve the stories on the board would mean disbelieving much of my own gaming experience. Truth is stranger than fiction.

>move in with my brother three provinces over
>he hooks me up with a guy who works for him who plays tabletop
>join group chat to organize who is playing what
>four names plus mine: Jon, James, Chelsea, Sarah
>tfw nearly faint from joy and relief that it's not yet another sausagefest of socially awkward beta males stuttering their way through rape jokes

I get that women nerds can be their own unique brand of awful, but just give me this. It's been so long since I had a proper face-to-face game. I'm willing to take the good with the bad here.

f

I went from a no games, trolling Roll20 for something not completely cringe on a shitty middle of the week day off two years ago to being in two with my real life friends 2500 miles away. I'm also being offered a spot in a third game with new people I hardly know from my local game store.

I don't feel the same connection to these new guys as my old friends, they don't match up with the way my old friends used to hang out. But for the first time in three years I don't feel alone and unwanted, I now have hope again.

Old age.

user, life sucks, but it's worth it.

Stiff upper lip. You'll make it.

I like this

>there's three channels
Coincidence?

Nice bait.
You snagged autism

Become lich

>Start new game that I've wanted to run for ages last night
>Things are a very unpolished and messy
>Everyone seems to have fun, but I start worrying they won't be interested in doing more
>People tell me afterwards how excited they are for the next session
I've been doing it for years but it's still hard for my neurotic, self critical self to admit how forgiving players are. Fucking love being a GM

I got to have a resolution for my first D&D character that wasn't death. A proper retirement. Felt good.
Also felt good that within the first RP the other person and another person watching said they really liked my new character
:)

So...where's the fourth channel?

We tried.

Enjoy your life.