IXL draft simulation

What's your pick Veeky Forums?

Scoundrels, though Pious or Firecannon are also good choices.

fiery cannonade

firecannon blast. its in a good color and the ability is good against every deck, unlike cannonade

Scoundrel or Pious. Taking any of these cuts the color for the next person. I'm leaning on Scoundrel.

That's 2 for scoundrel, 2 for blast. Final vote breaks the tie.

Or I'm a shithead who can't read. Scoundrels was the pick.

skittering heartstopper

Bloodletter

bloodletter seems fine here.

Bloodletter was picked. Now where do you want to take this?

queen's commission

I think Talons beats Commission.

My money still in my wallet is my pick C=

I kinda like Looter here. There are no black cards at all here and I think it's enough better than something like Commission to be worth speculating on and we're about as likely to end up as BR or UB pirates as WB vampires from where we are now and if we end up as one of those pirates decks we can probably splash the Looter with out treasures. Heck, there's even an argument to be made for taking Boon here and speculate on Merfolks as we're by no means locked into black at this point either.

Still, Marauding Looter I say.

Just because you didn't title this thread draft quest doesn't mean it's ok to run your quest here.

Commission

Queen's Commission was taken. Now what do you want?

Legion's Judgement

Grab another bloodletter

Deacon or bloodletter.

Bloodletter number 2 taken. Now what?

Get the Bishop, we are locked into vampiers now.

slam bishop

100% Bishop, my dude.

One Bishop down. Given what we already had I feel like that was definitely the correct pick. Now then?

Don't see any good pick here... Bright reprisal always feels a bit too expensive, but since we haven't picked up any removal yet lets go with that?

raptor for aggro? Dead pack overall largely.

Reprisal. Either we splash it or at the very lease we don't play against it.

I mean, we are going heavy into vamps and already have queens comission so White seems a good color to get into.

Reprisal taken. Personally I would probably have taken Companion or speculated on Plunderers, but I'm not in the driver's seat, so.

What card do you want out of this pack, Veeky Forums?

Blight keeper has been surprisingly decent the few times I've seen it play, take it.

Keeper - one drop with evasion is a go

Keeper is ok, but I lean toward the hoarder.

Keeper was picked. Don't really think it's better than Hoarder, but sure.

Now then, do you want a combat trick or try to get Conquistadors?

Conquistadors are fun and it's a pretty mediocre combat trick.

I think you need either treasure or pirate synergies for hoarder to be properly worthwhile, but it's not bad on it's own I guess.

As for this pick, its tough. The safe choise would be Vampire's Zeal.

Zeal. Tricks are good in this format.

Zeal was taken. Not much of a choice here. You want the white card or something else?

We're reaching the point of the pack where there's nothing but jank left. I'm thinking of letting you pick maybe one or two cards more out of this pack and then just speed through the last four or so picks myself so we can get onto the second pack faster.

Heartstopper is good. Why not heartstopper?

I wouldn't play the conquistador or the heartstopper, but I'm tempted to take the cannonade off the table.

Because I failed to notice it. Heartstopper is also an option.

And that's a really late Cannonade.

Guess no-ones going pirates. Or the Bots are not very clever.

OP, when we're done with the first pack, can you post our picks so far?

I will.

A different format

I decided to break the stalemate and pick the Heartstopper.

Here's the next pick.

Costly plunder, though I highly doubt we will play it.

Costly Plunder picked. Here's the last few packs that went around.

Or you know, here they are.

And here's all your picks so far.

And finally, here's P2P1.

It's tempting to veer into blue here, our White is't that strong. But on the other hand, Pious Interdiction is good removal so go with that.

Legions Judgement - we're already one foot in white, might as well

>inb4: there's gonna be somebody with Revel & 3+ Deadeye Plunderers attempting Treasure victory

Pious Interdiction.

Interdiction taken. What do you want out of this pack?

Lotsa good stuff here. How good is Aegisaur? I never had a chanse to play with it, is it good enough to ignore premium vampires and removal?

Contract Killing is thoroughly meh, but it is removal. Inspiring Cleric and/or Skyblade will probably come round again, so go for the Killing.

Wake ez

Inspiring Cleric, all day.