>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

>thread question
What card would you like to see in legacy/vintage brought into modern?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zpemKbWUqW0
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2-counters-1-delver/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/modern-prices-masters-sets-and-reprint-equity
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/br-tri-selectif/
channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-rb-turbo-discard-modern/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/12-power-on-turn-two-gr-vengevine-modern-stream-highlights
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>playing?
4c Saheeli Evolution. Super fun and Lotus Cobra + Renegade Rallier is nuts
>hating?
Control is a hard matchup for me, but tron is the most degenerate deck in the format
>Brewing?
I want to make a Evolution deck that uses the Theros gods since theyre indestructible and super hard to get rid of, but I haven't done anything quite yet.

>Playing?
Esper Control
>Hating?
I don't feel like I'm allowed to hate anything considering how I go to time every other time.
>Brewing?
Doran Assault Formation ft. Ensnaring Bridge
video related
youtube.com/watch?v=zpemKbWUqW0

>Playing
Eggs. Super fun deck and still very viable with Scrap Trawler
>Hating
Stony Silence. Yes, it's a perfectly fair card but since I'm playing Eggs it ruins me.
>Brewing
Nothing at the moment

I'd like to see Stoneforge Mystic in the format because it never got a chance to be played in Modern and an equipment deck could be fun.

>Playing?
Dredge and Living End
>Hating?
Graveyard hate because I'm a degenerate.
>Brewing?
Metalwork Colossus + Greater Good

>playing
Pic related!

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for my deck. It's been doing alright (I usually go 3-1) at my somewhat competetive fnm but I wanted to give it some more oomph.

Celestial Colonade, Geist of Saint traft.

Dump Doorkeeper, Colossus of Akros, and Banefire.
Add a Sylvan Caryatid, 3 Emrakuls, and 4
Wall of Mulch.
Manabase is garbage but you know that. If you can't afford Emrakul, use Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.

>Manabase is garbage but you know that. If you can't afford Emrakul, use Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger.
My manabase is actually fine, I used a mana calculator to get it and since I'm a slower deck I don't need the velocity that fetches and shocks bring.

>Dump Doorkeeper, Colossus of Akros, and Banefire.
Why? All of those cards have been working out for me and Colossus can win games out of nowhere. Banefire is good for removing stuff my walls can't block and can also end games pretty fast. Doorkeeper is a nice 1 mana wall to help against aggro and can also provide an atl wincon which is a lot for a 1 mana card.

>colonade
I'll look into this, it seems like it'll fit the slow nature of the deck nicely but geist seems counter intuitive to what I'm doing.

I meant to say two mana wall there lol. I don't know why I said 1 mana

If Doorkeeper was 1 mana I would agree. For 2 mana you're better off playing Wall of Mulch, since it works towards your main win con by letting you draw through your deck right away once you make infinite mana.
If you have the mana for Colossus you have the mana for an Eldrazi, you know, cards that are much much better at winning games out of nowhere and does it the same turn.
Banefire is the same logic. If you have enough mana to win a game with Banefire, you can just play an Eldrazi and win on the spot without needed to fix mana into it.
On that note, needing to combo off with Axebane Guardian since all your untaps are blue is shit. Just play Umbral Mantle and you can win with Overgrown Battlement and Axebane Guardian.

what has science done

>If Doorkeeper was 1 mana I would agree. For 2 mana you're better off playing Wall of Mulch, since it works towards your main win con by letting you draw through your deck right away once you make infinite mana.
that was a typo obviously and while wall of mulch lets me "combo off" by drawing my deck, doorkeeper can just win on the spot. Both Colossus and Banefire can serve as defensive cards as well, the eldrazi, for the most part really can't serve the same purpose since they are almost always used for offensive purposes and rightfully so. I might consider some number of umbral mantle but I can combo off earlier with freed from the real and crab umbra can protect my key pieces,

Imma try that stupid eldrazi ninjas deck that's been floating around.

>Bring back delver
play cat delver
it's good enough to beat other memes

I'm growing Tired of my EldraTron deck and i'm thinking of switching to GxTron, should i?

no, dont be a retard

>Playing?
this meme
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/2-counters-1-delver/
>Hating?
Eldrazi Tron
>Brewing?
R/w Moonbears

>SCG team constructed won by the best deck in all 3 formats
LUL

list?

sb is wack. there's supposed to be an engineered explosives. i also would like a boros charm in there somewhere and 1 snare over the 3rd shoal

// counter cat

// 60 Maindeck
// 15 Creature
4 Wild Nacatl
4 Delver of Secrets
4 Tarmogoyf
1 Snapcaster Mage
2 Hooting Mandrills

// 19 Instant
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Mana Leak
3 Path to Exile
2 Remand
2 Spell Pierce
1 Tarfire
1 Delay
3 Disrupting Shoal
1 Thought Scour

// 18 Land
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Flooded Strand
1 Temple Garden
1 Stomping Ground
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Steam Vents
1 Forest
1 Island
1 Arid Mesa
2 Scalding Tarn
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Breeding Pool

// 8 Sorcery
4 Serum Visions
3 Sleight of Hand
1 Chart a Course

// 15 Sideboard
// 1 Artifact
SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage

// 5 Creature
SB: 1 Huntmaster of the Fells
SB: 1 Izzet Staticaster
SB: 1 Geist of Saint Traft
SB: 1 Keranos, God of Storms
SB: 1 Gaddock Teeg

// 2 Enchantment
SB: 2 Spreading Seas

// 4 Instant
SB: 1 Ancient Grudge
SB: 1 Destructive Revelry
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Dispel

// 1 Planeswalker
SB: 1 Tamiyo, Field Researcher

// 2 Sorcery
SB: 2 Pyroclasm

explain

Why ?

>Temur Energy
>Grixis Death's Shadow
>4c Control
Anyone who doesn't think GDS is the best deck is a bandwagoning faggot who follows trends instead of playing the game.

>GDS won this event so it's the best!
>if you don't agree you're bandwagoning!
Geenus.

It's been the best for a long time; what happened is it stopped being the FOTM. What's changed since the times when people were talking about a Death's Shadow banning? Nothing. "Muh metagame muhfuggah" is basically a non-argument at this point.

Okay buddy

>What's changed since the times when people were talking about a Death's Shadow banning?
all the mediocre pilots jumped ship to tron variants

I play magic but I don't really post here all that often. How're people feeling about Unstable?

If you don't need the volocity then by this logic you should be playing the theros temples

I need SOME velocity just not the velocity that fetches and shocks provide.

Enabled you to play a worse splinter twin??

>types "play cat delver" in post
>expects people to know what the hell hes talking about

He obviously a retard playing an old counter cat deck, or a list based off counter cat. Have you been playing for so little time that you don't know what that list is probably running?

>Buhuu i want dwlver blah blah shit
I don't understand why people want delver when death shadow does exactly the same but better.

What advantages am I trading in and getting in return by going Bant CoCo with UW Spirits? Do you recommend any alternative color combinations?

When you're right you're right senpai

You get more value from the spirits and a turn 2 geist. And you get to do stupid shit like "exile the CoCo if you flip a spell queller" then if the queller dies, you get to CoCo again.

And possible chance of getting 2 Drogskul with a CoCo.

What am I supposed to feel? It's a product I can't play actual magic with so it's the same to me as Pokémon cards.

How do I exile the CoCo? Doesn't CoCo go to the graveyard as it resolves or before state-based actions take place?

The only volucity that fectches and shocks provide are that for a cost they don't enter tapped. If u don't need you lands to be untapped then my point still remains valid.

Oh no I could assume what he meant by this. But i would be hard pressed looking for a deck list by typing "cat delver" into any search engine where the same can't be said of even the most obscure decks such as hulk footprints or the like

Your correct Has no idea what he's on about

Anyone play BUG Midrange? Looks fun, but it also looks like it has a harder time closing games than Jund.

Tried bug traverse. It was just a shitter version of 4c traverse for sure

Anyone else? I am considering Bant CoCo, but I'm afraid of Storm and Blood Moon. Consistency brings me comfort.

i already posted the list. also i didn't expect many to be interested who hadn't already looked into this kind of thing. also, as evidenced by the first response, it takes less keystrokes to ask what i meant than to complain about it being unclear and i figured if anyone cared enough to complain for two posts they could muster the effort to ask for a formal name

mtggoldfish.com/articles/modern-prices-masters-sets-and-reprint-equity

What do you guys think, is Wizards reprinting too much, too often?

Print it all, let god sort it out.

Lads is IM really as bad as everyone says?

What do they say friend??

Only if you try to flip it.

I think the idea that if modern and standard were equally affordable, people would pick modern over standard implies that standard is the problem, not the reprints. Wizards has spent years lowering the power level, removing complexity, and targeting new players. If after all that new players flock to modern the first chance they get, maybe standard is destined to fail because it's just garbage. If the only way to make people want your product is to remove all competition, maybe your product is actually bad?
Seth warns about magic entering a death spiral where wizards increases reprints of valuable cards to offset declining profits from standard, but we're already in it. Wizards is increasing reprints because standard is already declining, not the other way around.

>playing
A shitbrew based around knowledge pool
>hating
I dread blood moon
>card from legacy
Urza's baubles, I guess?

Is sorcerous spyglass a sleeper or am I just really crazy thinking a pithing needle that looks at their hand amazing?

>What card would you like to see in legacy/vintage brought into modern?
Counterspell.

I'm still waiting for my Brightstone Ritual and Goblin Strike.

Wtf...there's no way this is good...r-right?

I miss the days when I could Imprint a Counterspell or a Brainstorm on my Isochron Scepter.

Right

You're crazy. Spyglass is nowhere near as good as Pithing Needle.

No, you're not
The only downside is that you can't play it on turn 1 and will most likely not play it before turn 4
But it let you get a better idea of what to name

Just play peek if you want to pay 1 to look at opponent's hand.(protip even peek is bad) on a needle effect you need to be able to dump it as soon as possible, not having to waste your second turn like that.

define good
i think it's one of the better delver decks around at the moment. take that as you will.
it might be the closest you can get to a legacy-style RUG delver deck in modern

>legacy/vintage brought into modern
cabal therapy

So we won't be getting any old cards that we want into modern because it has to go through Standard first any good cards are not allowed there. But why did they not add the rule that cards released through Master sets are Modern legal?

Here’s an idea
>change standard into what extended was
>give nu-standard some teeth back that it lost
>give it some interesting reprints so modern gets something out of it (like brainstorm)
Did I fix it?

I really want to play a BR stormish deck with Waste Not and Liliana's Caress.
Can it win ?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/br-tri-selectif/

Maybe if you make it public. Also probably not.

Oops excuse me I'm retarded.

Is Necromancer's stockpile still used or is it just replaced with Cryptbreaker? I have a set lying around but I feel like it's just 1cmc too high.

>read the comments section
>People actually arguing we need to expand the Reserve List

I wish I could kill each and every one of them.

>In case you havent seen it check the charts on reddit MTG. The falling prices on these rares is insane. I bought some of the previously 20-30$ rares and now feel sick seeing $10 or less. Im not even a big spender, and I have a bad taste in my mouth.
>"Wah! Wah! I (((invested))) in non-RL cards and want my money back!"

I don't get why anyone would invest in something where the supply is ever changing. Haven't these people ever had Economics in high school?

That's why they want to make more of the supply to not be changing. If they can expand the Reserve List, cards they own will have a cap on them, they can buy them up, hoard them, and force price spikes in Modern.

For the health of the game, you see. Nobody would play Magic if you could have access to all the cards! People only play because cards have collectible value!

Ah yes, I forgot how cockatrice and xmage have zero users total. These people are geniuses of economics, game design, and reasoning.

>I wish I could kill each and every one of them.

me too, a fucking cardboard game for kids has to have financial value for some fucking reason,

I've been gone for a few days, when did we drop the competetive part in the thread title? Did the shitflinging really get that bad?

>Live in small town
>Meta is so shit an illiterate southern retard somehow places Top 4 in Modern with a Standard Dinosaur deck
>Genuinely believes he's some god tier player when in reality it's because people keep playing Standard decks while the people who take 1st/2nd are always people with real Modern decks

Can't wait until I'm done with Affinity just so I can see him cry because I don't think he's ever seen Infect before.

These people are brain dead retards to ever """invest""" in Modern cards that only have value because they see play in Modern.

No players means no value. What these people want would result in the death of Modern and Frontier taking it's place and they'd repeat the cycle until people get fed up with it and quit Magic which would cause a complete and total implosion of all card's values. Those $300 Gaea's Cradles? Fucking coasters because no one cares anymore.

Investors are retards.

People will almost always want money in the short term, long term consequenses don't matter. Maybe Modern will die if they get what they wany, but they will get 15 dollars more per card right now so it doesn't matter.

>People will almost always want money in the short term

And this is what makes them retards. You don't shit where you eat.

Reprints are a necessary evil to keep new players entering the format so there's steady demand.

Non-ABUR/Arabian Nights/Antiquities/Legends cards will ever reach the same levels as those cards no matter how much people try because the supply even before reprints was already astronomically higher. These people aren't going to retire on a card game.

super secret tech

>What do you guys think, is Wizards reprinting too much, too often?

If the cards as valuable as these people claim than they should rubberband back to their original prices. If not than they weren't that sought after to begin with and only retained value due to supply.

>playing
Bloodghast Hollow One bullshit deck
channelfireball.com/articles/deck-of-the-day-rb-turbo-discard-modern/
>hating
Meh, it's all whatever

Could use some advice on good cards to put into my deck though, I've tried various shit and nothing has really stood out as golden yet

Babbies started crying, there were some very good points in the last couple of threads to keep it but I guess you can't keep the horde at bay indefinitely.

>Bloodghast Hollow One bullshit deck
I have faith in this one.

It's definitely fun to play, but I'm struggling with how I can improve it. I've tried adding Cathartic Reunions and it's working out alright, but wins feel like they're coming straight out of RNG's nutsack most of the time and RNG is pretty chintzy most of the time

mtggoldfish.com/articles/12-power-on-turn-two-gr-vengevine-modern-stream-highlights
This deck exists. Seth tried it and went 4-1. Maybe try to borrow from that.

I've looked into vengevine and I'm digging it but I like R/B more so far, thanks for think-fodder :)

So is Frontier just a meme or is there a real chance of it overtaking Modern?

Not overtaking, but there is a chance of it getting officially created after wotc runs out of reprints they can charge $10 a pack for.

I'm worried about that though. I've been playing since Mirrodin and Affinity is my all time favorite deck and I'm worried one day Modern will be as dead as Legacy. Years ago before Modern I remember trying to get Affinity to work in Legacy I was that desperate to keep playing it.

It's a retarded meme that literally nobody plays

Modern can’t be as dead as legacy because there is no reserve list acting as a barrier.

I've been gone for a bit.

Why is jeskai tempo and storm at the top of the meta game? Why is eldrazi tron and shadow falling off?

>all these butthurt (((investors))) in the comments

Spyglass isn't really good outside of chalice decks

>nobody plays
Excuse you sweetie, me and a friend play it.

i think there should be 1 masters set and only 1 bi-yearly

Paging UB Processor guy.