Dinosaurs & Caves

Ug. greetums anons.

What am favorite class in Dinosaurs & Caves.

it strong caveman with club for smashing?
it strange caveman with magic 'fire'?
it healing caveman with healing leaves?
it sneaky caveman with bone knife?

You am try no play D&C?

CAVE-BROTHERS I Carry bad words.
The spirit realm is in turmoil! Predators of many teeth and claw stalk through it's forests.

And now I sense they move their gaze to us!

What will we do?!

ME FAV CLASS IS TALKY TALK MAN. HE AM USE WORDS. MUCH RESPEC VERU SMART.

Fav class be cunning caveman with spear for throwing. Am strong like smashing man, am sneaky like knife man.
Every other class is berry picker

Flute man who make many babies

MY MONKEY BROTHER

It am just he-who-talks-with-spirits again. he am crazy.

he am no sense of right or wrong

Why not use actual reconstructed Proto-Indo-European culture?

Gods:

- Gods: Deiwos
- Supreme God, Sky Father: Dyeus Phator (probably had an earth mother consort)
- Dawn Goddess: Hausos (dawn/east/shining one), also known as Wenhos (loveliness)
- Chaoskampf: The abduction and imprisonment of Hausos and her liberation by a heroic god slaying the dragon who imprisons her.
- Sehul (a sun goddess) and Mehno (a moon god) are twins and eyes of Dyeus Phator.
- The Horse Twins.
- First people: two male twins, Manu (man) and Yemo (twin) and a cow. Either Yemo or the cow are the first ritual sacrifice to occur.
- Perkwunos (the striker) is the god of lightening and storms.
- Neptonus or Hepom Nepots (grandson of the waters) is the god of waters.
- Pehuson: pastoral goat god.
- Three fates who spun the destinies of mankind.
- A smith god
- A psychopomp Gerhont that led one across the river to the underworld.
- A world tree of some kind.

Culture:

Patriarchal, patrilocal and patrilineal.

The tribal chief=high priest

Warriors identified themselves with wolves or dogs.

They had villages (weiks) divided by households (domos) headed by patriarchs (dems-potis) with a chief (hregs.)

There was bronze (heyos) tools. They had wheels (kwekwlos), swords or daggers (nsis), spears (ikmos), and axes (hegwish and peleku.)

They raised animals: cattle (peku), sheep (howis), goats (ghaidos) and horses (hekuos). Cattle were extremely prize

Humans and animals were sacrificed to the gods. They buried people in burials in barrows or tomb chambers and powerful people would have been buried along with members of their households and wives.

Names would have been two-word compounds like:

- King of the world
- Tamer of horses
- Good ruler
- Ruler of the world
- Gift of God

Patrynomics were also common.

Ghosti concerned obligations between people, guest and host, worshippers and gods.
Hrtu is an expression of cosmic and social order and ethics.

that's really cool but i think the point of the thread was pretending to be cavemen

Git gud. Pigs were domesticated in Mesopotamia around 15,000 years ago. Rice and a bunch of other crops were domesticated 10,000 years ago.

By the sun-god, stop pretending to be australopiteks and talk like homo sapiens sapiens. We're not even idaltus anymore!
Now let's go and pick some tubers, shaman Allegh will lend us some of the holy fire to bake them.
Goddamn youths, they never want to work, just play Adventures and Australopiteks or watch the cave painting.

>Dinosaurs & Caves
Do you mean Wolf-Packs & Winter Snow?

Expansion suck. Dwindle all tribes to only few.

>holy fire*
Holy fire from the sacred ash struck by the divine hammer of perkwunos

Oh, they actually reconstructed all that? Neat.

What am difficulty class for make sun rise again in morning?

You am play God

Shoot fire arrows at the night sky to rekindle the sun.

What race good, Homo Sapiens or Neanderthal?

unga. bunga. dinosaurs & caves no fun. only for berry picker who care about counting. real ungas am play ghost the hiding. more funga. more fire.

Forever CM here. Me players want cross Bering landbridge and hunt mammoth. Me am tell them nothing on other side of Bering strait. Am they wrong or am me?

Hunter: The Gathering am way better than D&C

homo sapiens bad, weak, stupid
neatrar good, strong and smart
you homo sapiens you dont know?

Me like comfy hide tents

user, how get magic big knife?

Can use cavebrew? Am want to play half mammoth/half sabre cat/half man. Uses sharp stick made from fallen sky-rock.

Best thread

user who want big knife like men who lay with women for joy not baby

be good and use small knife any knife bigger than hand too heavy to swing or too brittle to stay big

also lay with boy for joy not woman

Homo Sapians huge Chr bonus though.

Is three halves, no good. Need one more.

>Ug.
BBE

PLOT Twist: The God’s arrive on a column of fire and smoke. The select the greatest warriors of your tribe to compete in a great trial. The winners will go to live with the gods in paradise.

The Gods are Space Marines (40K or otherwise).

I really did this a GURPS Faded Suns game the players were initially pissed!

looks like ungas miss point of caveboard. ungas no talk like us, no think like us. ungas bad.

Me no know what you talking about

Not many-think-much-of wall-painting.

me am play half-neanderthal club smasher!

if cave master say yes?

D&C run by (((cro magnons)))

play real game like THAGS, ooking degenerate

>wanting to play tiny cave people

>not playing cro-mag master race

>not wanting to be able to throw pointy sticks

No, it's almost entirely speculation.
In about 100 years, it'll seem as silly as the belief that most of Europe are descended from the Aryan tribe of ancient Mongolia.

I figure it's like trying to draw your great grandfather based on pictures of his descendants.

Am club-man. Am best class. Fire am dumb. Fire no kill. Make animal run or other club-man cry like not-club-female. Club female best female. Am make loincloth smaller.

Romans had a god named Ious-pater.
The Vedic period had a god named Dyaus Pitar.
A bunch of other gods had similar names.
I wonder what could have caused that?

Actually it seems like IE came from Mesopotamia, believe it or not. Genetics and shit.

That being said that "reconstruction" seems bullshit. There is no wind-god, and THAT was important as hell (Lug if you use that reconstructed name, friggin' Odin); the lighting god is probably an artifact (Zeus had that thing coming to him from semtic gods). I don't have any idea what shit we should assume the "twin gods" are, I can remember only Ianus.

There's a reason it's called Indo-European, though I don't know if Latin is Indo-European.

Another good one, old Norse and Germanic languages referred to gods as Aesir, and India had the Asuras.

Man of fire with no smoke, man who wear skin of many beasts, and man who talk with big man of sky make me, man of many sharp stones, feel like am no good man of stories. What can me do to feel like am good hunter?

best class iz strange, but strange play gods too much if you no pay attenshun

First chipped stone
Then fire
Now talk about plants and "taming" like litte kid

Cavemankind must obey nature!

Far Cry Primal is a great source for ideas.

origin painter need play general universal dinosaur painting system

share that man stories
>be me
>"that man" try throw bones to kill shaman
>he say "my spirit do that"
>cave master do nothing
>me am mad
>all die because gods mad
>cm laugh

Fire story man bring feel good baby woman to fire story place. Woman tell bad story about fox that walk on two legs and is good hunter and talk to many spirits. Am think that fire story man is let woman make bad hunter story to have good time in cave at night. Me am no great hunter, but collect many tuber with mother. Why me no have feel good baby woman?

Me am think that rat tribe in next valley may have thing to do with am be sad.

>am me
>"that man" tell cm he make "spear" from long stick, flint, and vine for binding
>cm okays it
>me am angry
>flip stone table we play on, storm out of cave
>cm crushed under stone
>tribe of cm start war with tribe of my fathers
>"that man" comes with him "spear"
>takes many men of the tribe of my fathers

Feel good baby woman no belong in story place

share times you am play gods
>two strange and one strong cavemen
>strange cavemen get idea
>strong caveman bash rocks
>he make round stones
>strange cavemen lash wood to it
>strong caveman pull large animal back from hunt
>entire tribe make them
>easy to hunt animal
>hunt all animal to death
>all tribe around die

>cave master story have many sabertooth woman
>he get very excited when tell us about pelt and size

Me think he want to unga bunga with animals. No feel safe in his cave. How I find new tribe?

As woman, am think that fire stories am about hunting too much. Talk many moons with man who wear berry juice in hair and not eat animals that am no longer welcome in tribe. Berry man have many good thought on fire stories about tuber gathering and tribe talking.

Am thinking about calling stories "Cave Place".

learn to ride beasts.

cm could mean woman wearing sabertooth. maybe not mean sabertooth that is female.

Hyena woman have bad nono place. Am thinking is CM spirit fetish.

>as woman
Stopped listen. Woman never talk good. Make cave painting of tits or leave cave.

This good advice. Man who ride big beasts always cool. He hunt with beast that others fear hunt and go faster than foots.

CM make forest of whizz whizz. Tell us only way past canyon is to whizz whizz in grundle mouth. Crog punch for being berry picker.

look at 'beastmaster' who lay with horse
what berry picker.

man who tries to ride beast lies with beast

lie with beast means to lie under beast

might as well pick berries

Me am drink cave brew at rock hut. How come when try to zug zug bar woman always end in many death?

Funny man wearing white dress and sandals say wood spirit no longer belong with fire, stone, wind and river spirit. I talk to shaman from east, he say that grok turd.

Stupid Crug say he want to play bone spirit of sun god. Why not understand all bone spirit evil?

Ug say he ride fire lizard in new edition. Me think that OP

Why not ride blue lizard. blue lizard shoot lightning and live in dry lands. Not like stupid red lizard who live on top mountain and be always in stories forever.

I'm going to talk like this forever now.

Not remember grand story of little man with hairy feet?? Is greatest story of all time. Sun god brightest when no star shine in sky.

Sun god no exist.
Only evil spirit.

We am all have hairy feet though

Why New Sky Mans Battles with star boats so berry picker? Am thinking new storyteller is cromagnun. His hair smell nice and not laugh when fart into campfire.

Horse not worth lay with. Me am get fire lizard.

Then you say thing at face on hunt and not in cave. See what happen then, berry picker.

You little too. Maybe great story about you?

He collect many tribute from all tribe. Hear collect more tribute from all other tribe than Freedom Tribe, even though Freedom Tribe biggest and strongest.

Not little where sun don't shine.
At least that what your mom say.

His momo also his popo.
Have man spirit and woman spirit, like fat chiefs son from south cave.

screw you guys, i go to cave!

just busting your man berries, tribeling.

Help.
Tribe bored of C&D. Want story of beyond-sky, with sky-rafts and little green not-mans. Me think tribe poisoned by evil spirit.
What do?

Play Clever Star Mechant. Have many tribes throw rock across sky raft, destroy all tribes not have same tan.

Warclub: Many Moons stupid. Why i use rock when can use arrow? Is outdated technology.

>not wanting to crush demon skull with bare club
look at this neanderthal

Using arrows bad. How string make go faster than throw? Why not throw bigger? Worse, if works, you am play god!

Shame original Warclub dead though. Was better than Many Moons.

Arrow such dumb idea

it just spear thrown by string

string cannot throw, spirit chief told me so

string is for tie spear not throw spear

That what crash sky raft for.

No way! Many moons has fire, and stoneworking! Original just have clubs and sticks.

In future, we use shiny stuff to make club not so heavy.

Spear thrower am chief good man of weapons. If Sky Man want earth man to use animal flesh to throw spears at food and bad man, Sky Man not make animal flesh rot away. Bones and tree flesh am only good use for make right tools. Any other is tool of bad shaman that talk to spirits of dead and speak night words.

That berry picker talk! What point of club if not big and heavy?

Is true! Shiny stuff is more hard than rock but weigh less! It grow red when put in campfire!

This true. Arrow am anger tool-spirits. Only worse is try use live animal as tool instead of hunt animal.

Shiny stuff not exist. You talk out mammoth butt.

Me no like new club.
Is made of bone and hollow wood, not stone and oak.
Why all club suck now?

Point of club? Club no have point. Is lumpy, but not have point like spear.

Who here play time-log?
Me want go back when first man was killed by betrayer.