High Quality World Maps

Post em
I'll start

Other urls found in this thread:

gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow-full.html
media.wizards.com/2015/images/dnd/resources/Sword-Coast-Map_HighRes.jpg
reddit.com/r/mapmaking/comments/4rjn8k/the_globe_of_elyden/
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Locations_(Bloodmoon)
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Zelron/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Dragonborn_rumors_(Imbedded_deep_the_secrets_sleep)
vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/7/76/Soltsheim_Map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120527092345
ancient.eu/city/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is this, a map for ants?

>high-quality
>posts a tiny 736x595 map for ants

I now want to run a campaign where all the characters are bugs. The entire playable area is less than a square mile.

Only full-worlds or continents / islands / countries etc OK too?

but also OP's map is tiny

What do you guys think of this map im making for my novel?

>no island labeled Canada

Young adult dystopia/10
What are you waiting for, publish it! I've seen worse.

well, it's gotten less funny since you've posted it a few times, but other wise you're still going strong user!

>still no Palestine

also saw it in different threads, make new map lazy-user

Also Mike Schley makes epics map and they're up for a few bucks online in ExtraHiSizes, Im seriously tempted

...unless anyone here has them and is willing to share?

That map might as well have been copy protection with how hard it was to navigate to quests without it. I miss having to follow landmarks etc rather than following an arrow in the hud.

I didnt have net back then and the cheapest version I bought didnt have a map so yeah, I got lost s many times there XD

Good times tho QwQ

Anyone has HiSize of this version of Soltsheim? I wanna print it and put it on wall

Yes yes, very good
HOWEVER

gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow-full.html

>dem quads
>there will never be a palestine

quads says you're gay

Yaaas. Love BG 1 & 2

Fund it!

I adore this map. Its everything you could ever want from a worldmap and its so well made.
>tfw when you will never make something this good
>tfw I have no face

Same

I would love to have HiRes of these maps. This is the biggest Sword Coast I could find so far, cant find it on sale anywhere. Might be able to get MS maps for Xmas but this is the nicest SwordCoast you can get and I had no luck finding it anywhere :C

What is Elyden? Is it from a book series?

Not that I know of. I just really like the design. I've tried to replicate with GIMP, but I've never been able to get it right.

media.wizards.com/2015/images/dnd/resources/Sword-Coast-Map_HighRes.jpg

reddit.com/r/mapmaking/comments/4rjn8k/the_globe_of_elyden/

I did a quick search and got a reddit, its way pat late night here so Ill read into it tomorrow but damn. Dude made it for worldbuilding project of his. Im impressed as fuck

*saves*
Thanks man :D

Meant this map I posted tho shows places I really liked in-games, but cant find it in HiRes

Love this game

that's fucking ancient

that map + the OST = awesome

I just saved it from another one of these threads.

Where is it from?

I didnt recognize this at first but holy fuck, Black Company map :D

Got more from that universe?

it's mine, still a fairly early WIP

Nope sorry, pretty sure Glen Cook didn't make anymore.

Which game is this?

Damn. Just been to reddit and note says Cook is against those so, welp.

Kinda sad, wanted to make myself a set of props to go with my books, but pretty sure I can get that one working as a double A4 or something

Banner saga

what a fucking wasted potential, da2 and 3 should have never happened

Oh shit thanks dude!

Is there any software that lets you make cool maps?

"The Great Gatsby" was shit.

The short and sad answer is no.

The long answer is that...After years looking on google and asking on forums and things like that, I came to the conclusion that mapping softwares fall in three categories:

-Weak free tools
-Good tools with insufficient scale and no way to increase it
-Paid tools that aren't really that great, and thus nor worth the money.

Choose two between Size/Scale, Versatility, Modularity and Looks.
Inkarnate looks good, but isn't versatile and had cant make modular maps. Hexcrafter tool is very versatile but is ugly as balls. Using civ map creator gives you modularity and a good looks, but is not versatile and not a lot of scale options.

>XD
>QwQ
jesus christ stop

also
>soltscheim
it says the name right on the fucking map you stupid nigger, how are you spelling it wrong?

lol triggered

Actually this got me curious as I could swear I saw that spelling somewhere so I checked my filenames too and... ha. Wiki has those typos up too. Too lazy to go thru uesp pages
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Locations_(Bloodmoon)

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Zelron/The_Elder_Scrolls_V:_Dragonborn_rumors_(Imbedded_deep_the_secrets_sleep)

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/7/76/Soltsheim_Map.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120527092345

Anyone know a good map scale bar generator?

In the process. Small part of a bigger world.

Been going through this thread hoping to find this.

Have the version with place names.

Map is shit.

>Scale is just 250 miles.
>mess of land and see with any geographically coherent distribution.
>huge ass forest in the bottom that extends for 500 miles ???

Don't post crap like this again

Looks like a giant and a dragon playing football.

>forests can't be 500 miles across

What is Tongrass National Forest?
What is Chugach National Forest?
What is Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest?

user, I...

Fookin' 'ell what a map!

A question: How often do people use Faerun as their setting/map instead of creating their own? Because I find it kind of weird that there is no full Faerun map in 5e, just the Sword Coast map. (Are they planning to release more maps at the Sword Coast scale, or...?)

>tfw sitting on my ass grinding dungeon treasures as the reds
>elves, humies and sauron beat each other to a pulp and I win sneakily

Map I'm in the middle of drawing, currently about 60% done. I'm really not happy with how I drew the old cities victoria and vanity though, they don't look as stylised as everything else, but I'm not sure how you're "supposed" to draw 50mile wide abandoned medieval megacities on a map. Does anyone have any examples?

no examples but I can tell this is lookin' pretty epic right now, keep doing these man!
(the only thing that comes to mind is the Maya and Aztec stuff in south america)

Just grey splotches with the rough outline of the city borders.

From the thumbnail, I thought the eastmost continent was a guy running with a wheel.

Thanks! I couldn't find any maps of maya or aztec stuff though.

Thanks for the suggestion, after messing around a bit I came up with this. It looks better than it did at least.

>Literally a ketchup stain
>Every continent is a dragon
>One of them is literally a dragon fucking a kangaroo in the ass.
>QUALITY

I'm stupid. What am I looking at? Broken planet with parts missing? World inside a moon or shell?

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that, but it's a flat discworld (viewed from above) floating in a sphere. The disc has been fractured in multiple places and fragments have drifted away. There are two smaller discs to the north and south west. The sun and moon are chained to the ceiling of the sphere and their locations are noted on the map (Solar and Lunar).

I want to know more about this setting do you have a wiki or something?

Interested to see how this will turn out. Keep us updated.

What the fuck why is this map literally gigabytes

Dangit, I could swear I saw some in a book in a library once, BUT aerial/satelite photos might help?

I think you're doing pretty well, what you may wanna think about is level of decay and plant growth vs how thickly the buildings were in your city, so more green / fragmented at edges?

Here's sat-pic of South American ruins + aerial

And yeah, absolutely keep us posted, that stuff looks like its gonna be really neat. Do you have a worldbuilding blog or something with other works or this is just a one-off?

Am I seeing this right?
Old City Victoria as a diameter of 50-fucking miles?

Now we can see where Harry Dresden threw down in detail.

bump

if the user who made this sees it, mind giving your fan an update?

wait, what?
Was there a wargame in the Points of Light setting? I know very little about it other than being able to recognize the map, so I don't quite get the reference.

bump

What in the balls happened here?

There is a reason that civilised beings, even the gods, use coasters.

Someone did a fucking Kamehameha here

That's one way to control immigration.

It's a lot for a single city but there are areas of settlement IRL that easily beat that. DFW metroplex in Texas would fit in a 96x96 square and it's pretty much completely contiguous.

DFW has food shipped in by trains and trucks.

It would take an extremely magical infrastructure to have a city that big.

ancient.eu/city/

The population of ancient cities, depending upon which definition of `city’ one uses, differed sharply from what one might consider proper for a city in the modern day. Professor Smith claims, “Many ancient cities had only modest populations, often under 5,000 persons” (26) while other scholars, such as Modelski, cite higher population possibilities in the range of 10,000 to 80,000 depending upon the period under consideration. Modelski, for example, cites the population of Uruk at 14,000 in the year 3700 BCE but 80,000 by the year 2800 BCE (12). By comparison, the population of the city of Edinburgh, Scotland was 495,360 in 2011 CE, the population of London, England 8.174 million in 2011 CE, and the population of New York City in the United States of America was 8.337 million in 2012 CE. The historian Lewis Mumford, however, notes that, “Probably no city in antiquity had a population of much more than a million inhabitants, not even Rome; and, except for China, there were no later `Romes’ until the nineteenth century”

>It would take an extremely magical infrastructure to have a city that big.
Well you're talking about a potential port city on a discworld. So that really isn't out of the question.

How would you worldbuild a birch planet?

You could put the Grailstones from Riverworld in the ruins, some might still work

That's so lazy. They used Africa Twice, I can still recognize the Americas, Australlia, and Eurasia, and Finall they have the always lame island on an islad trope.

I have always wanted to create a campaign setting based on Pangea Proxima.