/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Russ vs Horus edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Burning-of-Prospero-ENG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for old memes.

FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!

Third for the Third Legion

Fifth for the Firstborn, bringer of wolf comas.

>Firstborn
While about as traitorous, that's not the Lion.

Firstfound would be more accurate I suppose. Technically they would all be born around the same time.

Given warp fuckery they might all be different ages

old memes you say

If you take Molech, Horus was the oldest by far. Funny how the first to be found and the first legion both put Russ into a coma.

they got zapped around simultaneously. How would they be different ages?

Time isn't linear or constant in the warp.

>tfw Primarch #11 just wound up in the past and was an Old Manarch by time the crusade reached him.

>tfw Primarch #11 just wound up in the past and was an Old Manarch by time the crusade reached him.

Only if Primarch #2 fell to chaos and became Be'lakor

Primarch 11 is Malal.

I want to make some homebrew for post-molech Horus. Anyone got some suggestions?

Yeh, don't ask other people to do your work for you.

I choose to believe the Rangdan were Thing-style shapeshifters, and the two erased Primarchs turned out to have been killed and replaced by them years before the Emperor showed up. They were erased from history because they never really got a chance to exist in the first place. This is my headcanon and I feed it regularly.

I'm doing all the work, just wondering if anyone had an interesting idea. No need to be a dick about it.

Based on what little we know about the Rangdan Xenocides, it seemed like the Slaugth are involved in the war, though that was all I could get out of it. Beyond that, I could easily see the fallen primarchs having either fallen years before the arrival of the Emperor, or perhaps being corrupted (Chaos or Xenos).

I just completed the novel Ruinstorm. I'd give it a 7/10. A lot of shit goes down in it so I'll summarize the events if asked.

Please do.

Where can I buy the pre-heresy Ahriman model?

Ebay

fuck

k.

-Curze is still prisoner on Invincible Reason and Lion occasionally chats with him
-Imperium Secundus is abolished due to the info the Emperor is alive from Angels of Caliban and due to all the infighting of the Primarchs
-Lion, Sangy, Girlyman try to move through the Ruinstorm to reach Terra
-Guilliman is ambushed by a word bearers fleet and he kills 2 word bearers armed with athame blades. He takes them as he thinks he can learn more about the enemy studying it
-The capture of several chaos-corrupted word bearers navigators helps them finally navigate the ruinstorm to a degree
-Come across all sorts of horrors in the Ruinstorm and worlds terrorized by "The Pilgrim"
-In the ruinstorm they run into a solar system-sized daemonic fortress (yes, solar system sized, its walls are millions of miles thick and billions of miles long. Its war horns are the size of gas giants)
-It's obviously impossible to be made by mortals so it's from the Warp, they figure out the world near the jupiter-sized "gate" has these daemon forges on it that act as an anchor to keep it in the materium. Lion wants to destroy it with cyclonic torpedoes but sangy refuses saying there might be civilians on it still.
>Destroy the forges in a huge battle led by all 3 primarchs. During it sangy gets a vision that he needs to go to davin (planet where horus first fell) to meet his destiny
>They go to davin, the population has long since left and the entire planet is surrounded by a shell made of trillions of skeletons
>When they get to Davin Lion again wants to cyclonic torpedo it, but Sangy instead sneaks aboard Lion's flagship, takes Curze, knocks out all the dark angels guards trying to stop him, and journeys down to Davin's surface
>Lion is really mad and nearly orders the exterminatus of davin even with sanguinius on it. When he backs down he's immediately horrified and tells Guilliman that "some" power is trying to corrupt them and destroy them mentally
pt2 incoming

That book is almost total dogshit.

pt.2

-Sangy brings Curze in chains along to Davin because he wants his prophetic powers to try and tell him what he should do or something. Also his original vision of davin told him 4 primarchs had to be there
-Curze is somewhat friendly to Sangy and doesn't try to escape, he's in a depression because he hasn't foreseen any of this and is uncertain about what action to take (which bugs him)
-Back in space Guilliman gets shaken by Lion's warning that "something" is trying to break and corrupt the primarchs mentally. He immediately goes to his room and shatters his captured athame's with his power fist and declares he won't be corrupted so easily
-Lion/Guilliman lead their forces to davin where they follow sangy/curze to the temple where horus fell
-Implied the 4 primarchs there are mirrors of the 4 gods: Sangy is rage/Khorne, Curze despair/Nurgle, Lion is pride/slaanesh, Guilliman ambition/tzeentch
-Their presence at the temple causes sangy to be sucked into a portal right in front of the other 3 primarchs. Girlyman/Lion/sanguinary guard try to penetrate the portal while curze breaks down from uncertainty and starts screaming
-The Iron Hands cruiser Veritas Ferrum (from the novel Damnation of Pythos) appears over Davin but far larger than it used to be. Is transformed into this daemon-ship-monster with tentacles, eyes, jaws, etc.. It leads a huge fleet, all loyalist ships that had been declared missing in the warp over the years. Giant battle in space erupts. Veritas Ferrum destroys Guilliman's flagship (not Macragge's Honor)
-Inside the portal on davin sangy finds himself in a garden on terra with the emperor. He finds out that the heresy is over and he killed lorgar and horus while the rest of the traitor primarchs are chained prisoners
-The Emperor thanks him for following his visions and says as soon as he reaches Terra he'll kill horus for him and become the new regent of the imperium, constantly says how great sangy is etc

>Be Lion
>Only man in the Imperium smart enough to nuke freaky shit from orbit
That's why he's the strategic genius.

>He immediately goes to his room and shatters his captured athame's with his power fist and declares he won't be corrupted so easily
All according to keikaku... *preens feathers 5 dimensionally*

pt.3

-Sangy gets suspicious and cuts emperors head off, it's the daemon madail from damnation of pythos. He says sangy will serve chaos or die. Urges sangy to kill horus and become the new warmaster of chaos. If not he'll die at the battle of terra and the blood angels will be consumed by the black rage
-Sangy refuses and has a huge dbz battle with madail that ends with them stuck between the portal, sangy's upper half sticking out on davin
-Sangy decides to sacrifice himself to kill madail but his herald of the sanguinary guard appears and says it's his destiny to take sangy's place. He tackles madail back into the portal and before it shuts he turns into a golden angel thing (the sanguinor)
-In space even cyclonic torpedoes won't work on the veritas ferrum, every loyalist ship killed by it is respawned as a daemon ship
-after everyone evacuates davin which is now flooded by daemon armies they cyclonic torpedo it. The whole daemon fleet vanishes
-In the place of davin is a straight path to terra but a bigass traitor fleet sent by horus who foresaw this somehow is blocking it
-Lion and Guilliman (who are now friends and bro-tier with each other) say they'll distract the blockade while blood angels race to terra
-Book ends with that happening but sangy takes curze with him. He puts curze in a stasis coffin and shoots him into space, saying that it may take millennia but the assassin that will one day kill curze will find him eventually

can you at least tell me how they BS sangi to terra but not lion and big G?

The Ruinstorm drops
The Big G forces open a hole in the traitor blockade for the BA fleet to fly through because the author has no idea of actual military tactics
Lion decides to go an exterminatus traitor base worlds because that'll distract them from the BA fleet because jesus christ this book is bad

What is the most flexible super-heavy?

Sokar Pattern Stormbird

HAHA no really

IMO, probably that Ulator the Mechanicum gets.

What makes you say that? It seems like a 1 dimensional unit to me.

because it can target and kill anything you point it at. fliers, MCs, primarchs, hordes or tanks it doesn't matter.

>shooting a spaceship with a weapon meant to destroy the atmosphere of a planet does not work
Really? Who would have thought?

Thanks for the summary.
That being said, half of that sounds awful, particularly the space battles.

> this is now canon

>this is somehow surprising

>Urges sangy to kill horus and become the new warmaster of chaos.

What? How was he supposed to kill Horus?

REEEEEEEE Scoria wasn’t released from prison until after the Xana Incursion
0/10

Keep his normal rules but increase all stats by one, give him ML3/4 psyker. Can't really think of anything terribly inspiring right now.

What do you have do far?

All the while the Tyranids are slowly making their way to the galaxy to devour everybody.

What about daemon Fulgrim? What rules would u give him?

Can someone post FW painting guide for Death Guard scheme?

I don't have it but you can DL it from the forgeworld website.

Sanguinius keeps seeing his pre-destined death at Horus' hands, he's psychically tortured by it several times in the book by bad guys.
However, during these repeats he decides to TRY REALLY HARD and on one of the visions manages to land his single kill strike on Horus.

This gives him his central struggle in the book, is fate entirely destined and he's 100% going to die, or is there a chance to alter it and he's only 99% going to die.

So Sang doesn't actually let Horus kill him in order to avoid some "I would ultimately become far worst than this guy" bullshit prophecy ? Sounds like he simply refused a deal with the devil that would have saved him.

You forgot about Sanguinius getting black rage and almost killing Kano and Azkaellon. Sanguinor calmed Angel.

The Burning of Prospero box has Ahriman.
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Burning-of-Prospero-ENG

Buying him separately on ebay is probably easiest, unless you also need a pile of MkIII marines.

So Vulkan reached Terra and then got lost in webway?
Then Eldrad saved him?

>kyme
Also if he's fighting the daemons why is he facing away from them?

So it's treason

Vulcan is busy doing that Gundam lens glare thing.

Why did he decide to play an indefinite game of hide and seek with his legion while the galaxy is getting fucked?

>that gay salamander with green mohawk sticking his tongue out
Roberts has lost it

> Something about black fathers and jobs

No, in all the visions of the future except one Horus simply bodies him. It's made quite clear that Sanguinius has zero chance to survive the fight and empowered Horus will just kill him in moments.

Except...except there is one version of events in which Sanguinius pulls off some titanic ninja flip teleports behind you superhero landing do you bleed hail mary sword move that one-hits Horus.

Sanguinius' struggle against a greater daemon in the novel is the daemon trying to tempt him to actively pursue this 1% chance of success, for reasons that aren't especially clear or compelling. The daemon thinks Sang being an eventual pawn of chaos would be better for the warp than Horus ruling, basically.
He thinks about it quite positively for a bit, but eventually decides to consciously go with the 99% certainty of death and dooming all the Blood Angels to the psychic curse instead.

The book is super shit, you may have gathered. It makes all the Primarchs come out like dumbos. Curze probably gets the best treatment and he spends the whole book as a mewling baby being dragged around by his hair.

He knows it's a Kyme cover.

Because "upset warp tides disturbing travel" got dropped as a plot point so that everybody could run all around the galaxy having unique adventures rather than fighting a bitter and brutal war of attrition on a galactic scale.

Thanks user. Some retards were implying that Sanguinius believed he would become the vilain anyway if he succeeded in killing Horus, so dying was the only solution. Terrible idea, even from BL standards.

Who's painting tonight? Anyone making army progress or planning any new projects?

WIP Dark Angels moritat attached.

Presumably for the same reason he decided to play a big game of treasure hunt after the Heresy. Vulkan is the worst loyalist Primarch because he didn’t even bother dying. He just fucked off one day to live like a hermit. At least Corax committed suicide by Eye of Terror.

>hasn't read the book
>calls those that have retards
Stay classy m8.

>Playing Best Legion
Good
>Using Plasma Moritats
Whatever floats your boats.

>hasn't read the book
Yes I didn't, that's why I asked user about Sang's motivation instead of repeating some bullshit I read on the Internet. Sorry if it wasn't clear, let me explain it to you differently.

>Warp guy/visions/prophecy tells Sanguinius he will become worst than Horus if he eventually kill him (for whatever reason). In order to avoid such a thing, Sanguinius knows he must not kill Horus and survive the fight.
That's what I read at some point. Sounded like pure garbage even from BL, people were autistically screeching so I wanted to know the truth about this shit.
Then user nicely explained that :
>Sanguinius can't kill Horus because of Mathammer being something real, unless he makes a deal with the Gods. But he refuses because becoming Horus 2.0 isn't his thing. He will fight Horus and will die because the probabilities say so but could technically win without going full Chaos

If I understood well then yes, there are some retards on the Net that definitely can't read a book correctly or at least can't make sure they have understood a review before going full psycho and spreading shit all around.

Wolfsbane is going to be a hell of a ride.

That's such a stupid idea I'd rather the victory rights be given to the bloody Admech. At least they had a positive impact on the war effort rather than handing Horus another Legion and some target practice.

SoH players, how do you load out your Reavers?

The Admech split in two, more or less. The Schism of Mars.
They did both good and bad, just like the legions.

Mars being in traitor hands put a massive blow on the Loyalist war effort. They couldn't take it back and had to blockade it.

On the other hand it lead to the Ordinatus Mars being built which is like the coolest weapon ever made, so it wasn't all bad.

The Mechanicum split, the Admech was formed out of the loyalist factions. Although hell, even the DarkMech have more sensible warfighting strategies than Russ because they're actually able to put aside a grudge in favour of hitting the WMD switches and skipping the battle.

Jump Packs and Chainaxes are mandatory.
Combi-Weapons optional.

They need to perform a role that cannot just be substituted for more Veterans.

So what happens in that Russ fights Horus book? Damn that sounds dumb.......

The Lion was able to form an actual bond of friendship with someone.....shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Russ is just going to get smacked down. Anything else would be dumb.

Yes, jump packs seems to be the way to go.

A few power weapons might be good too right?

Russ will get rekt. Leman's brosquad will be rekt too.

I hope the SoH gal vorbak show up in that book.

It's supposed to include a prequel intro, when Leman is found on Fenris. Horus is there, Big E too I presume. I look forward to read about that.

>Anything else would be dumb

Yeah I hear you but BL...

I have this awful feeling that they're gonna talk Russ up big time here in preparation for his return to 40K.

>inb4 they talk Horus up for Horus' return to 40k

Wouldn't be a surprise.

He's more of a fluff character. Mainly making the model for fun.

>when Leman is found on Fenris. Horus is there, Big E too I presume. I look forward to read about that.
Stop rewriting shit that doesn't need to be changed, BL. Russ' origin story was fine.

I hope it has some worth. Normally I don't care about already knowing the end to a story, but we know going in that Lord Gunn and all the senior characters except Bjorn get murderised, and Russ ends up crippled and bedbound. Makes it kind of boring when the selling point of the book is what happens when Wolves vs Wolves.
Well, uh, the guys from Fenris get fucking rekt mate, you already told us.

Hopefully they pull a fast one and that all happens in the middle and more shit gets revealed.

I am just curious how Russ survives the encounter.

Maybe he haven't and Omegon will take his place.

Most of Black Library's stuff is almost total dogshit So status quo is maintained. .

Plot armour.

Just ordered a fire raptor.

How much will I hate it when I put it together??

I understand the concept of having to use the Ultras fleet to punch a hole for the BAs to get through.

But the biggest problem is they have to bend the plot to get to the known point of the end. The DAs and Ultras are NOT on Terra during the Siege. That was set in stone 25 years ago. There's no way around it.

So Bobby G and Lion go off on distraction missions and side raids to make somewhat plausible reasons they didn't follow the BAs through the warp tunnel to get to Terra. Because they CAN'T get to Terra without retconning most of the setting.

Yeah. I find that to be not very powerful or interesting. I think there could have been better reasons why the 3 fleets split up.

Gunn died in the Alaxxes Nebula battle against the Alpha Legion.

That requires more than two or three of the BL authors not being talentless hacks, Alan Bligh not being dead, and Laurie Golding having some degree of brains as an editor.

But since as every writer besides Wraight, Abnett, and ADB sucks ass to one extent or another, Bligh is dead, and Golding couldn't organize the junior prom, let alone a multi year fiction project, we are back to the point of GW loves money and hates their fans. They ain't gotta explain shit since they know people read it.

But the ending is fixed. That makes everything in between a hard sell.

Damn, the furries are retards

should label that "death of horus: FOR ANTS"