Old-timers

Who else was around for the release of DOGE? Who else mined Bitcoin in 2009 and 2010, or bought DOGE in 2013?

Share your stories.

>mining bitcoin in 2010
>my mum complains about electricity costs
>delete my wallet because it's only like 30 dollars and too much work to cash out and give up :(

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H3oiThw2RxE
youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM
cryptsysettlement.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I bought doge and shorted pran back in the day. Veeky Forums is always right, or at least they used to be

mommy mommy
>spent millions in current rate of BTC on stupid ass online bets and deepweb items

I bought BTC for secret uses in 2011-2012 while I was in college...but I doubt there is more than 10 btc leftover and the computer got trashed anyways in 2012 (graduated, bought new comp).

I have a good amount of btc now so it is funny to me thinking there is 100k sitting in a dumpster somewhere.

When did Veeky Forums start? I'm trying to remember when I first started coming here. Didn't Veeky Forums add it in 2013 when bitcoin went to 1k? That's when I first started, but I was here the most around the summer of 2014 but I remember very little other than the random penny stock pumps we tried to chase. I don't remember crypto being that important. I had a half a bitcoin I bought ATH like an idiot but I also remember just not being interested in crypto back then and ignoring the threads about it

Have about .5 btc sitting in some online wallet somewhere. Forgot the name of it but if I could find it I might remember my password

I've popped in and out of Veeky Forums since creation but I didn't get into crypto until recently. I liked the other threads on the board, and crypto was mostly confined to a general at the time.

I got 1000 free doge right when it released from someone here on Veeky Forums. I recently sold it for scrap sats

heard about btc when it was .5
took 10 k out of bank to by btc thinking banks will crash next week
banks dont crash
bitcoin goes to 5 and decide to wait
drive drunk, hit car, flea from cops get felony conviction, forget about btc.
Hear about btc again at $ 70 with Cypress Bank
crisis.
Watch it moon ever since
Please kill me.

I mined DOGE day one solo on my GPU. I got a couple of blocks and sold my gains on Reddit at $1 per 1000. I still have some on the old hard drive. Time to see what it's worth.

Yeah DUI fucked my life up pretty good too. I'm just glad I didn't nail any cars/people.

I mined doge on a self built mining farm specifically built for mining Scrypt coins.

That was the time when Veeky Forums was created.

I sold my 2,2 million doge this year for 2.4 btc when it was pumped to 1500 sats.

Sitting in BTC since then.

nice desu

>2010
>here about bitcoin
>join the piratebay irc
>dude you can only mine like 1 every week and it trades only for like $0.5
>fuck that
so I did what everyone did in the early days and started hacking people lol hahahah easy money

I have a BTC wallet on my old HDD that's totally fucked. I think I had around 30 BTC left there.

thx mate. It's awesome because I was like "If this shit coin thingy is going to be big and I miss it I am going to kill myself."

I spend 1200 bucks and a month worth of time. Pretty comfy now.

Old memes from that time:
youtube.com/watch?v=H3oiThw2RxE
youtube.com/watch?v=avaSdC0QOUM

Mined 300k doge when Veeky Forums hyped about it. Were fun times and now it has some value. Haven't touched wallet.dat for years, can anybody tell me if I will need to download terabytes of blockchain info to be able to use them?

>What is Forensic Hard Drive Imaging

>bought first coins in 2012. On the end of the year, so pretty high.
>bought miners, get ripped off by butterfly labs, lose 2.5 btc.
>bought more miners.
>bitcoin crashes
>during crash i bought more miners
>electricity costs through the roof, not profitable anymore due to bitcoin collapse
>eventually give up
>wait 6 months. bitcoin does a flatline
>sell at a loss
do a year nothing
>buy back in in may 2017
>x10 my money

moral of the story: don't drive drunk faggots

Dude I only had like 20 beers I'm good

Yea you will... I have 10k Doge in my wallet just sitting there and I cannot be arsed to update the wallet data

>Btc deflationary
>Most of it in landfills

Export private key and use a sweeping website too send it too an exchange

>mined litecoin early 2014
>left it all on cryptsy like a doofus
>worth over 100k now

At least I got an email that my case has been accepted in the lawsuit and I'm on the payout list of Vern's liquidated assets

>be me
>1 million btc in a single wallet
>get drunk one night
> decide divide them into multiple wallets
>different passwords
>hahahaa now nobody can steal all my gains
>drink more
>next day
>can't remember any of the new fucking passwords
>all that fortune just sitting there
Life is pain.

here is my early years, pls don't bully.

yes I sold 560k DGB for $140 in profit and 273 ETH for $432 in profit. yes I sold over 5k VTC at an almost $3k loss. luckily my current blockfolio is around $200k. I wouldn't be where I am today without the mistakes of the past.

u know how much data actually is it?
Basically according to my notes I also have some BTC, LTC, Potcoin, and several others, if I'm reactivating them all now, Do I need a new hard drive.

>missed out on the mining boom
Totally paid off!
Imagine the greener futures anons. There will be coins for greener incentives, based off of solar and wind power. This is just the beginning of the crypto space my friend.

I still have 6 Litecoins frozen on Vircurex. They're just sitting there, looking a me, mocking me.

If you were actually seriously in the space in the early 2010s are you're still on Veeky Forums, implying you haven't made it yet, aren't you just a fucking idiot and/or loser?

top kek

No senpai, all you need are the private keys.

oh. I've been missing out years of crypto craze and knowledge, feel like noob again.

I mined 15 million doge on 2 graphics cards in 1 week. was worth $30k usd only days after i mined it. I remember 2-3 days after doge was released 1 million coins were already going for 20 bucks (which you mined like 3 million a day so it was already profitable and people started switching over). Then the whole bobsled team news hit and it mooned hard as hell to where 1 million doge was worth $1.5k and I started selling and buying guitars and shit lol.

Also remember when LTC rose from 5 cents to $5 in 4 days and I saw namecoin go from being almost worthless to being worth like 10 million overnight. tonz of memories i could go on for days.

I was underage b& and browsed /g/ when doge was first ever posted there and on bitcoin talk. Shit sucks when you're 12 and don't know anything about it.
>yfw 1999 posters are 18 years old now

On the chans since 08. Remember first shilling of BTC on /b/. Kinda interested but no idea what it is and feel it's gonna be a scam or some shit so leave it well alone. Watch it bubbling away, see something on fox news about hipster coffee shops in Brooklyn accepting it as payment. Damn maybe I should get in. Then Doge comes out, think ffs this shit isn't even serious. I'm out. This whole crypto thing is garbage.

Later in 2014, speak with friend
> Told him 'ive decided im gonna put $500 on BTC because why the fuck not'
> He says, 'idiot, it's dodgy af, you might as well throw your money in the gutter, only a fool would invest'
> Really.? Why?
> Oh I dunno, just stuff I heard
> Lol, ok man. Decided to go ahead and never mention it to him again
> This month started cashing out. Have $NZ350k. Going on a holiday to the States next month.
> Don't wanna be a dick about it, no skill involved on my part. Also most that money was made in the last couple months.
Still nice to know I made the right choice while he's still poor.
But now it's all consuming me. It's becoming my job, my life almost.
Trying to figure out strategies, do I get into XLM, ADA, TRX? Do I hodl my BTC and ETH? I can't ask my friends or family, they havent got a clue about cryptos. I've tried to get some into it but all I get is a thousand yard stare. Or a comment like, 'oh yeah, I've heard of the bitcoins, I reckon it's gonna crash'. Yeah cool, thx Einstein.
Yesterday I was visiting my parents for lunch, in the two hours I was there I made about $6k on XRP. I couldnt even share that with them. I think they thought I was on fb, or something, but I couldn't really say 'hold on dad, I'll check out why you can't download that app in a minute, ive just gotta pump more fiat into xrp, ffs no it can't wait, price is going up about a cent minute, I'm losing money here.'

So yeah I'm rambling but no one knows I've made this decent amount of money in the last cpl months. Don't even want to tell anyone how

this meme coin paid off

Well done

>had ~65k DOGE I got from mining and random games on /g/ (Veeky Forums did not exist).
>daytrade like a motherfucker, down to 45
>lol
>leave it on cryptsy, think maybe this will be worth something someday
CRYPTSY OH NO

Thanks man. Appreciate it. If it wasn't for Veeky Forums, I would never have gotten into cryptos. Strange that coming here is the sole reason I'm going to buy a house next year. Of course I'll tell my parents and friends I got in from btc, but I don't even want to talk about it with them. They didn't want to know 3 years ago, I don't feel I need to share how much I made or my plans to possibly stop work and trade full time from home. Also I'm afraid when they see ive done ok, they'll all want help getting into it, and I dont want to be involved in that. Can see my dad putting his retirement into it and losing everything in about two weeks lol..

Thank fuck for Veeky Forums taught me lots, and good to talk everything from strategies, mistakes, or just shitpost with you guys. Wish you all well, hope you all make it. We are the people who deserve it.

> 2009. read crypto mailing list. bitcoin huh, finally some possible use from spam prevention mechanism of PoW/hashcash.
> download from source-forge. wait, what the fuck, is this only for windows? what a total waste. delet.
> 2010. slashdot says its still going, look they have a linux port. I should mine it now.
> oh no, now you are too late can not mine significant numbers. what an unfair premine coin. why are linux users left out, so this means all the 1 million BTC mined in 2009 was given to Windows, those people!? unfair, fuck this.
> many years pass.

> 2016, fine Ill buy 1BTC its still lower than when it was priced 1000 per coin, $800 some suckers must have payed more for mining it.

> here now, with $120K worth of shitcoins in my portfolio, shitcoins including both bitcoins.

They will probably assume you are a hidden millionaire and will have plenty left after your house... be careful

Been in Bitcoin since 2012, bought doge for 5 sats on IRC before it was listed on any exchange. Was one of the first posters on Veeky Forums

I can help you recover those coins, email me at [email protected] if you're interested

Or you can share your discord if that's more convenient

>tfw you lost 100k Doge to cryptsy

WHY IS LIFE FUCKING SUFFERING

I CAN'T EVEN ENTER THE LAWSUIT NOW

FUCK MY LIFE

OH MY GOD

FUCK

NOTHING GOES RIGHT FOR ME FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK REEEE
MOMMY MOMMYOYMOMMY

you HAVE to be joking.

Lmao the shitpost in the pic unironically made me hold doge for 3 yrs

What lawsuit? All the crypto is gone and Vern is fucking yellow qts in China. It's all gone user, move on.

cryptsysettlement.com/

"The deadline to make a claim in the Cryptsy Class Action Settlement has passed. The Court has given final approval to the settlement, including the notice and claims administration process"

Never thought of that. I think with family I will be honest and show them my accounts.
With friends I'll take a zero off. Tell them I made $35k. They'll be impressed with that but probably still a small enough amount of money they won't ask for a loan or want me to get them stuff.

Biz started as a daily thread on pol iirc.

I miss the stocks threads. Then it became Robin Hood and now it’s just coins, which is a shame because it’s clearly a bubble market just now.