Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Why don't you like psionics' fluff vs. arcane/divine/psychic magic? Why don't you like the highlord and voyager?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/YLikTing

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22585707&postcount=801
txti.es/puppeteer-ooze
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94678/from-gallows-to-gridlock
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower
docs.google.com/document/d/18oKDiLc6uz5OhwhEfYnamriOIaZMKWgs789oD3ZGmq8/edit
pastebin.com/XLNeqky5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More and more, I find myself believing that kitsuneOP is a worried DSP employee. He probably just wants us to like their products.

literally no one gives a shit about les voyageurs but touhoufag; fuck off

>Why don't you like psionics' fluff vs. arcane/divine/psychic magic?

I do like it, though. I use to hate Psychic magic fluff but I've warmed up to it. Ironically Psionic magic fluff is a lot of the "crystal energy" and "power of the mind" stuff that makes up new age quack I hate, but in an RPG it seems fun. Maybe that means I just wish that stuff could be real? I do love crystals.

>Why don't you like the highlord and voyager?
I haven't looked at either class, so I have no opinion on them.

>Why don't you like the highlord and voyager?
Highlord is redundant with Tactician and Voyager is far too complicated even for Pathfinder.

Ssalarn just now got pissy when someone questioned his motives about sphere-drawbacks in Spheres of Might. Just in-case anyone was interested. giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=22585707&postcount=801

>Why don't you like psionics' fluff vs. arcane/divine/psychic magic?
I do like it, in fact I honestly prefer it to Arcane/Divine/Psychic stuff honestly.

> Maybe that means I just wish that stuff could be real? I do love crystals.
Probably because no uses Psionics in games as a way to convince you to shave your head and live on a commune with your star brothers and sisters. Or as a way to get you to jack them off. It's just good, wholesome blowing bitches up with your brain.

Now I want to stat up JO Crystals as Psionic items

Why am I not surprised? I bet they don't have more drawbacks because they felt constrained by the system SoP had, where most of the standard drawbacks altered the base effect. SoM should have had things that limit your ability to use a sphere, like "gotta be unarmored" or "need to hold a shield/open hand/other weapon/torch/whatever" or "unable to use on the same target more than 1/day or 1/encounter"

Voyagers aren't any more complicated than initiators you dunce.

txti.es/puppeteer-ooze

Criticize me, sempai.

quoted the wrong person, ya dunce

Have we ever gotten greentext from Intrigue game.

It got canceled due to the party fighting with itself months ago

We haven't gotten greentext from a bunch of games.

For some GMs it's just a matter of being busy.
For most GMs, it's actually that /pfg/ goes fucking nuclear whenever greentexts get posted, so nobody wants to create that kind of toxic environment just to gush about their own game.

Let's be honest. What doesn't make /pfg/ go nuclear?

No, but PvP might happen next week initiated by DHB.

How many nuclear bombs can we set off in one thread?

I don't know and I'd rather not find out.

What are your opinions on one of the players breaking off from the main quest to take on a sidequest alone?

If you should ever leave me, life would still go on, believe me...

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93553/a-wizard-tower
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94678/from-gallows-to-gridlock
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/93719/welcome-to-north-high
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/94913/pointy-hats-or-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-tower

Posting again so I can get some more feedback.

So made a new dumb homebrew thing: the Genealogist Fighter, who channels the power of his heritage to fight. Allowing whoever takes it to become a half-human half-elf half-orc half-dwarf half-goblin half-troll half-triaxian half-kobold half-drow.

docs.google.com/document/d/18oKDiLc6uz5OhwhEfYnamriOIaZMKWgs789oD3ZGmq8/edit

Can't we talk about how horrendously shit the iconics are, or what to do with shifter?

Shifter needs to get a rewrite and some actual playtesting. Simple as that.

>In addition, at first level the genealogist gains Racial Heritage as a bonus feat and may select one racial trait belonging to a race he counts as which he does not have access to. He may choose one sense, form of movement, or special ability. Any special abilities selected must be ones that can be recreated using the race creation rules (Paizo Advanced Race Guide).

Broken as fuck senpai, now you're cherry picking the best racials no matter how strong they are.

>GM didn't change the premise like he said he would
>People keep apping with characters who have reasons to stay in the labyrinth because there's literally nothing in the roll20 page that suggests it isn't going to be a megadungeon
Gallows has trainwreck written all over it, apper beware.

Do you really think that paizo will do either of those?

Sadly no. Shifter might be irreversibly fucked.

>captcha: south no exit

Hmm true, so leaving it until level 9 to get that would be a fair tradeoff?

Why are most of these seeking only 4 players? Do they not realize that someone's going to flake, and not everyone can make it to every session?

It's Mede, the general's biggest fuckboy. He was only ever going to pick apps that were friends from the cabal or apps that he could typefuck.

So Vult is guaranteed in then?

B-but what will I do if there's another person? How could ANYONE ever cope with something as monumental as that?

It's still three weeks too early to say.

Cabal hates Vult. Get with the times, old man.

I don't usually trust the thread's shitposting but Gallows has a lot of instability and i'm unsure how to feel about it. I like the prompt but that doesn't seem enough to justify apping.

I was talking it over with friends earlier, and you know what Shifter needs to make it stand out?

Give it iteratives with its claws by level 2. Bam. Literally half of your problems are done just like that and it even gives a neat 2-level dip for people that do that sort of thing for their builds.

I don't like smacktalking people but the DM is unstable and I have very little faith that the game will even play out.

Because Broodie booted him?

Maybe Wizard Tower is a safer bet?

None of the other games appeal. I'll probably just sit this season out.

I genuinely want the game to succeed and for the GM to do well, but the instability with the premise maybe changing, and the current lack of direction beyond the party's occupation at the start, make the game seem really shaky.

How did Gallows become such a meme game despite the level 1 start, the no PoW, and the boring and limited premise?

Is it really all because Discord wants to fuck with Mede?

Probably just the fact that a good number of people are acquainted with the GM, if not actually friends with them. It's a better insurance against bamboozling than some of the others. Don't underestimate people just wanting to see those around them have fun and succeed. There's also been a push back against PoW recently, one that I don't entirely understand yet, so no PoW isn't a major issue.

I was gonna post a response, but summed it up best.

Is it really a meme game at this point? I don't even know any of the apps. Is high bamboozle potential a prerequisite for meme status?

I mean, look at the meme games we've had. Almost all of them are from people who were accepted into other games previously, with the exception of Ensoulment, whose GM was very friendly and offered to do reviews for their applicants, as well as reviews for applicants during Overlewd's run. People trusted him, and it showed.

R8 my homebrew, just don't h8 :D

pastebin.com/XLNeqky5

memes games require tons of shelf shilling. Celebs are all full on games, they are celebs because they self shilled. No shilling in threads, no hype, no apps.

ur homebrew is shit, m8 :DDD

Seriously though, I like the idea of a disease-focused antipaladin. Keep at it.

There's some shilling, though I don't think it's all self shilling. I'd bet that people talk about other apps that they like to increase the chances they get people in together. And I'd also bet that those shillers are fairly full on their schedules, so the discussion is killed from multiple points. Nobody shilling their own app, and nobody shilling apps they want to fuck.

>He was only ever going to pick apps that were friends from the cabal or apps that he could typefuck.

Fortunately those are the only applicants.

Ehh...not really. There's plenty of randos and apps that don't fit any of the two categories.

Well I wasn't including the "here's a paragraph that barely describes anything, let alone my character" stuff.

The chaff and the wheat

>Probably just the fact that a good number of people are acquainted with the GM, if not actually friends with them.
Don't they just want to screw with him for being so mopey?

Didn't Mede dick over that Wrath of the Raunchy game or whatever it was?

>with the exception of Ensoulment
That's weird considering he just let all of his friends and Succula in the game.

Huh?

I can't blame you for leaving them out honestly.

More like apps that are probably not "typefuckable" for the DM.

No? Most of the apps appear to be from people who genuinely want in.

The exception was that Protagonist wasn't picked for a previous game, not that he ended up picking friends+Succula. That's fairly standard.

Which ones sound like they all want to get in? They all seem like a fetish app of one sort or another.

Pretty much all of them aside from the joke apps.

Between Arcane, Divine, Psychic, Alchemical, Psionic, Initiator, and Akashic,we have room for about twenty different "hybrid" prestige classes ala Mystic Theurge.

Which combinations do you think offer the most interesting fluff? Which ones would you most be interested in seeing as playable options? Some of these combinations already exist as prestige classes or archetypes, do you think any of them have been executed especially well or so poorly as to be considered trap options?

What would an omni-theurge blending akashic, alchemical, arcane, avowed, divine, initiation, psionic, psychic, spherecasting, spheremighting, AND words of power look like?

A special snowflake.

>Continue to not include Asphodel, but keep the garbage anime school game shit.
Absolutely haram.

I think a Spherecaster + Psionics hybrid could be interesting, since they're both kind of takes on a mana pool type system. Psychic and Akashic too, like investing essence in Occultist foci or Medium spirits for new benefits.

I love all of those things, OP.
I love you!

Asphodel is being run by someone named Rand O.

There's 0% chance it's not a bamboozle.

That has never stopped other games being included in the "active game recruitment list" dump post.

>Enrolment

>ENROLMENT

I know it's a correct spelling, but for fuck's sake.

>dragonmaid poster
You don't have room to talk either, pedo.

Psychic + Initiator
Psychic + Divine (technically, the Faith discipline for Psychic counts)
Divine + Psionic
I wouldn't mind seeing a true Akashic/Psionic hybrid class

Relax; focus on your favourite colour, on remaining glamourous, on maintaining your luster, don't take offense, lest you be paralyzed.

If the stereotypical catgirl in tabletop played by a weeb is some hyperactive "I'm cute but also lewd, nya~ :3" nothing like most real cats, then what's the stereotypical foxgirl in tabletop played by a weeb?

I would imagine it'd be the same as the stereotypical catgirl without the whole "nya!~" shit

>Foxgirls
>Catgirls
>Not the superior Wolfgirls
If you want to slum it up, I guess.

Like how an actual cat would act like

Except foxes really are hyperactive spazzes, so the sterotype fits.

I feel like you niggas are exaggerating. Fucking Argentum, I.Drive, and Broodie have all run games, and they're not exactly the greatest.

>Annoyingly bugs people until they get what they want
>Utterly uninterested after they do
>Vomits shortly after eating
>Brings home random shit they find in your yard
>Get hair everywhere
>Sleep in shitty boxes
Why do people like foxgirls again?

>Disk
>having friends
Bullshit

No idea

They're all fuckboys, but Mede is the biggest.

Who needs to run a game next then? Is there even anyone left who has the potential?

>Argentum
Does he, though? Does he really?

Well, some of the doofy things they do have an actual purpose.

>I swear officer, she might look 12, but she's actually 1284 years old!

Begone, Rory!

>vanilla yōkai kitsune
>keen yōkai kitsune
>buda yōkai kitsune
>coyōtl yōkai kitsune
>huli jing yōkai kitsune
>kumiho yōkai kitsune
>tanuki yōkai kitsune
>zenko yōkai kitsune

Which is the best yōkai kitsune subrace?

>One shitter ruined an entire species of waifu for the thread
When will it end?

What's wrong with Argentum's games?

Yo I wanna PM some cute apps. Where the elf women at?

How is an unknown DM that isn't a /pfg/ regular player yet going to have friends before his first game? Protag couldn't have known those people.

Does he go on weird political rants or something?

Maybe, but it doesn't make them any less doofy.

Should be done in side sessions.

not ruined for me

And if that's not an option?