Historical Wargames General

Landships Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/gdvadj7t6l5w6/Aero_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mediafire.com/folder/j962ws6h50bqj/Victory_Games
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wnd7jpcdw1qe36d/Landships!.pdf
mediafire.com/download/r38j470bp7hjrsj/Osprey - CAM 187 - Cambrai 1917.pdf
mediafire.com/file/h3wu87l14anhosb/Osprey - ELI 084 - Trench Warfare WWI (2) 1916-18.pdf
mediafire.com/file/yl6242w3so4k8q3/Osprey - NVA 133 - British Mark IV Tank.pdf
mediafire.com/file/qx8eesh8gs7iycq/Napoleons Last Battles.rar
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4230/napoleons-last-battles
gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=zeal and bayonet&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=0&column=def
toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=7135
plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Wargaming Magazines
mega.nz/#F!O1cUGTRL!4FSvbQTXjmRTz1TfVXqxLw
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead

November the 20th in military history:

762 – During the An Shi Rebellion, the Tang dynasty, with the help of Huihe tribe, recaptures Luoyang from the rebels.
1194 – Palermo is conquered by Henry VI, Holy Roman Emperor.
1695 – Zumbi, the last of the leaders of Quilombo dos Palmares in early Brazil, is executed by the Portuguese.
1739 – Start of the Battle of Porto Bello between British and Spanish forces during the War of Jenkins' Ear.
1776 – American Revolutionary War: British forces land at the Palisades and then attack Fort Lee. The Continental Army starts to retreat across New Jersey.
1845 – Anglo-French blockade of the Río de la Plata: Battle of Vuelta de Obligado.
1910 – Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosí, denouncing Mexican President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
1917 – World War I: Battle of Cambrai begins: British forces make early progress in an attack on German positions but are later pushed back.
1936 – José Antonio Primo de Rivera, founder of the Falange, is killed by a republican execution squad.
1940 – World War II: Hungary becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis powers.
1943 – World War II: Battle of Tarawa (Operation Galvanic) begins: United States Marines land on Tarawa Atoll in the Gilbert Islands and suffer heavy fire from Japanese defenses.
1969 – Occupation of Alcatraz: Native American activists seize control of Alcatraz Island until being ousted by the U.S. Government in June 1971.
1979 – Grand Mosque Seizure: About 200 Sunni Muslims revolt in Saudi Arabia at the site of the Kaaba in Mecca during the pilgrimage and take about 6000 hostages. The Saudi government receives help from Pakistani special forces to put down the uprising.

Today marks the centenary of the First Battle of Cambrai, a British attack followed by the biggest German counter-attack against the BEF since 1914, during the First World War. Cambrai was an important supply point for the German Siegfriedstellung (known to the British as the Hindenburg Line) and capture of the town and the nearby Bourlon Ridge would threaten the rear of the German line to the north. Major General Henry Tudor, Commander, Royal Artillery (CRA) of the 9th (Scottish) Division, advocated the use of new artillery-infantry techniques on his sector of the front. During preparations, J. F. C. Fuller, a staff officer with the Tank Corps, looked for places to use tanks for raids. General Julian Byng, commander of the British Third Army, decided to combine both plans.

After a big British success on the first day, mechanical unreliability, German artillery and infantry defences exposed the frailties of the Mark IV tank. On the second day, only about half of the tanks were still operational. Subsequent British progress was limited. In the History of the Great War the British official historian, Wilfrid Miles and modern scholars do not place exclusive credit for the first day on tanks but discuss the concurrent evolution of artillery, infantry and tank methods. Numerous developments since 1915 matured at Cambrai, such as predicted artillery fire, sound ranging, infantry infiltration tactics, infantry-tank co-ordination and close air support. The techniques of industrial warfare continued to develop and played a vital part during the Hundred Days Offensive in 1918, along with replacement of the Mark IV tank with improved types. The rapid reinforcement and defence of Bourlon Ridge by the Germans, as well as the subsequent counter-stroke were also notable achievements, which gave the Germans hope that an offensive strategy could end the war before American mobilisation became overwhelming.

Carried out by the Third Army under General Sir Julian Byng in order to relieve pressure on the French front, the offensive consisted of an assault against the Germans’ Hindenburg Line along a 10-mile (16-kilometre) front some 8 miles (13 km) west of Cambrai in northern France. The chosen terrain, rolling chalk downland, was especially suitable for tank movement. Nineteen British divisions were assembled for the offensive, supported by tanks (476 in all, of which about 324 were fighting tanks; the rest were supply and service vehicles) and five horsed cavalry divisions. For the initial attack, eight British divisions were launched against three German divisions.

Attacking by complete surprise on the morning of November 20, 1,000 guns simultaneously opened fire on the unsuspecting Germans and 378 tanks rolled through the mist. The British tanks ripped through German defenses in depth and took some 7,500 prisoners at low cost in casualties. By midday the British had advanced 4 miles (6.5 km) through the formidable defenses of the Hindenburg Line. Bad weather intervened, however, so that the cavalry could not exploit the breakthrough, and adequate infantry reinforcements were not available. More significantly, half the tanks were out of action at the end of the first day’s fighting, mainly due to mechanical failure. The battle degenerated into a brutal trench struggle.

By November 29 the offensive had been halted after an advance of about 6 miles (10 km). On November 30 the Germans surprisingly counterattacked with 20 divisions, spearheaded by stormtroopers. These specially trained groups used the tactics of infiltration to find and exploit weak points in the British line. and by December 5 the British had been driven back almost to their original positions. The British were caught off balance by the brilliantly executed German attack and fell back in disarray.

Casualties on both sides were about equal—45,000 each. 11,105 German and 9,000 British prisoners were taken.

The first day success was greeted in Britain by the ringing of church bells. The massed use of tanks, despite being a further increase on previous deployments, was not entirely new but the success of the attack and the resulting Allied press enthusiasm were unprecedented. The particular effectiveness of the tanks at Cambrai was the initial passage through barbed wire defences, which had been previously "supposed by the Germans to be impregnable." The initial success showed that even the strongest trench defences could be overcome by a surprise attack using new methods and equipment, reflecting a general increase in the British capacity for combined arms.

The German counter-attack confirmed the effectiveness of artillery, trench mortars and evolving stormtrooper tactics. From the German perspective, questions arose regarding logistics forward of the railhead infrastructure, as well as the offensive suitability of the MG 08 machine gun. By the end of the battle, gains and losses by the opposing forces were largely proportionate, the British having advanced modestly in the north and the Germans in the south. British disquiet concerning the German counter-offensive gains led to several investigations, including convening a Court of Enquiry.

Cambrai was yet another of the futile bloodbaths that distinguished 1917, but the seeds of modern warfare that it contained make a fascinating subject for the tabletop. Gearheads will find a lot to amuse themselves here.

mediafire.com/download/wnd7jpcdw1qe36d/Landships!.pdf
mediafire.com/download/r38j470bp7hjrsj/Osprey - CAM 187 - Cambrai 1917.pdf
mediafire.com/file/h3wu87l14anhosb/Osprey - ELI 084 - Trench Warfare WWI (2) 1916-18.pdf
mediafire.com/file/yl6242w3so4k8q3/Osprey - NVA 133 - British Mark IV Tank.pdf

Any new ideas for the next community project?

Napoleon's Last Battles (1976)

Originally released by SPI with 2nd release by TSR. Thereafter 3rd release by Decision Games. Game on the Waterloo Campaign. Actually Napoleon's Last Battles are 5 games in 1. There are 4 individual battles: Quatre Bras, Ligny, Wavre and La Belle Alliance (Waterloo) with the campaign game linking all 4 maps. The DG edition adds three more scenarios, including a Grand Waterloo battle scenario.

Napoleon's Last Battles uses the Napoleon at Waterloo system with modifications for command control and Line of Communication. Campaign game starts from Quatre Bras and Ligny and lasts 3 days. Units are mainly brigades, 480m/hex.

All three games bundled together:

mediafire.com/file/qx8eesh8gs7iycq/Napoleons Last Battles.rar
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4230/napoleons-last-battles

Support vehicle? Ambulance, wreck recovery vehicles, corpse/loot wagon?

are they're any new scans for the new Konflict 47 Resurgence book? i really need to see it.

I think /awg/ would probably get that before us

Looking for Two Hour Wargames pdfs. I know I can get Chain Reaction and Nuts fairly easily, but any help tracking down some others?

I know its not historical gaming, but I would love to pick up the first edition of All Things Zombie.

Hey /hwg/, last thread we had some book recommendations for the Napoleonic Wars. It was great, I picked up Zamoyski's Moscow 1812 and am getting into it.

My question is, do you have any good recommendations for the AWI? So far I've only read McCulloug's 1776 and Benson Bobrick's "Angel in the Whirlwind." I thought both were engaging overviews and introductions to the subject and my desire to know more intensifies.

Toofatlardies Specials?

Anyone care to share?

Thank you.

>McCulloug's 1776
That one is on my shelf. Was it any good?

It's not very deep, but I found it to be quite engaging. It was a pretty quick read.

What've the last few been?

What about a centrepiece. Something big, majestic and/or pretty that's the first thing someone looks at when they see your army on the board.

My suggestion, something personal or local. Perhaps a unit that a relative served in (or a ship he served on), or just something or somegroup from your neck of the woods.

I have:

Summer 2013 - /file/rnkp81v7uilro5s/summerspecial2013.pdf

Summer 2016 - /file/bi5yzqc67f6h2jg/summer2016special.pdf

Summer 2017 - /file/fgc56z5q47cf6yr/TFLSummerSpecial2017.pdf

All on flaming media, naturally.

I like this idea.

Thats a cool idea.

One great grandpa was a stretcher-bearer in WW1 - another was a conscientious objector. So I could do an allied stretcher team or a guy receiving field punishment No. 1...

I've actually lost track now, but if anons want to post what they've done over time it would be a great reminder/inspiration

This is a really cool idea, I do like it a lot
For example I could do the HMNZS Achilles which my granduncle served on, or the 1832 battle of Otaka Pa, which took place a short distance away from where I live
We could have all sorts of different things

I've had something of a fascination with Cambrai these last few months. It's a really interesting battle - if anything, it's the beginning of combined arms as we know them, and that's worth looking into. The Germans were so confident the tanks would do zilch until the minute they started crossing over the trench. They were scared shitless, between the artillery barrage out of fucking nowhere, the creeping barrage, the air-to-ground attacks, the tanks crossing through the trenches and the subsequent infantry push, they lost a shitload of defence lines due to just fear and surprise.

That said, if the Brit way of breaking through trenchlines was the use of combined arms to an extent never before seen, the Germans employed infiltration tactics. Send men to encircle the enemy after bombarding them with an incredible precision thanks to German artillery, using surprise attacks as well. It was a tuning of the standard German doctrine that worked brilliantly well. Nevertheless, there's a logistical problem involved in it - manpower. Lose enough of your elite troops, and suddenly the feared stormtroopers are considerably not nearly as skilled, and that's worrisome as they were part of the crux. The Brits needed the machines and fuel, sure, which takes a bloody long time, but the bright side is that it's theoretically "endless" - training and skill aren't needed nearly as much.

II'm trying to upload the Summer SpecaSpecial. 2014 but it bumps me an error message due it's larger than 8MB.

>tfw none of my family members ever served in a war
Actually, kind of a lie, one was a cook in the Italian army. But that's really the furthest connection we have.

Be glad, man. Be glad.

How do I get the files on Flaming Media?

I've Googled and can't find anything remotely associated with that name.

Cheers

mediafire my dude.

Thanks that works.

I can recomend 'With Zeal and Bayonets only' by Matthew H. Spring. it takes an interesting look into the functioning of the British army during the AWI, and is a very nice read from a wargames perspective.

if interested:
gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=zeal and bayonet&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=0&column=def

Decent idea but excludes many of us from entering. My grandfathers were both RAF during WW2, but I can't really use that in the games I play; nor are there models to represent that.

> Personal OR LOCAL

just pick a regiment or something that was stationed/based near where you live.

None that are relevant in any way shape or form. I live in an area that was almost completely uninvolved in the war, barring the aftermath.

mega dot nz/ #F!9R8G2aQb!g-dZXkyCmkrljzH60tZEhQ
Have fun!
Btw, you don't happen to have a copy of Morale Napoleon and/or 2-hour Dungeon Crawl on you, by any chance?

You could start some WW2 air combat for the hell of it
You can get 6 Spitfires and 6 Bf 109s for £4 for the lot from Tumbling Dice...

If you're English, you could look at your county regiment and see what they got up to, or look into Dark Age stuff

New thread, new post.

We need more participants.

What are my options for German pioneers in 20mm? I’ve seen the Revell set on PSR and it’s not very exciting. Anything else out there?

Make a terrain piece. Surely you could use a tree or wall

Has hwg done a ss before? I'm doing wip's for the first time this year, but I could do two.

Anyone know any decent literary sources for Anglo-Saxon England? Particularly in regards to tactics and weaponry?

We did one last year and it was great.

this sounds great! how many people have signed up so far?

Meant to do it last year. Though it was, what, £15 wasn't it? Is it possible to ask to be matched with someone from your country so you don't have to faff about with international postage (not to mention the cost)

I also assume this isn't like /k/ where I get to post a wish list is it? I wouldn't want to give anyone something they'd have to start a new project for in order to use. I mean the only stuff I've got is entirely 15mm so if I were to get a pack or two of 28mm I'd be grateful but well out of my comfort zone.

I don't mean to whine, I just need an assuring nudge to sign up.

Last year I had loads of faff sending packages to the Netherlands (from the UK) but I believe the user running it did try to keep people posting locally where possible.

Not sure I'll do it this year, but I might.

Pic related; what I got last year after I painted it.

>shipping to NA will cost a fuckton
>shipping to EU will cost a fuckton
>shipping from either of those countries to SA will cost a fuckton
God fucking damnit, this is one of those things I'd like to join but I'm 100% sure I wouldn't manage.

Anyone know anything about Matrix wargames? (Not too be confused with Matrix Games the video game company)
This crazy ass kit is like 250 bucks. Too rich for my blood but it looks interesting.

You'd have to ask to be segregated with other isolated anons and get each other pdfs, steam games, online vouchers. Stuff that doesn't require shipping. That sort if thing.

If you are far away just don't send, just order sth for the other ones address.

Yes, I'd thought that. Especially if you order from a provider from their country. It's just a shame you can't include a letter, explain what you're gifting and why, or other personal touches if you do it like that.

Not that user, but you'd still have to contend with shipping potentially being more expensive to the recipient's address.

I just mentioned the scales I play in when I signed up. Beyond that I didn't specify anything, otherwise I'd just as soon go out and buy it for myself.

>It's just a shame you can't include a letter, explain what you're gifting and why, or other personal touches if you do it like that.
you sure? I'd get in touch with the company. They sometimes do stuff like that.

>I just mentioned the scales I play in when I signed up
Did it work? What did you get?

>otherwise I'd just as soon go out and buy it for myself
What? You mean you weren't specific because you wanted a surprise. The stuff on your actual 'wish list' is just stuff you'd rather buy for yourself. Right?

Well this will be my first year participating, so I haven't got anything yet. As for stuff on my wishlist, you're right. One of the reasons I'm taking part is because I'm curious to see what another user comes up with on his own. It also feels more fun that way, too.

Ahh. Read it the wrong way.
I feel the same way, scale's quite literally the only thing I care about.

What ruleset would you guys suggest for the later 19th Century? You know, with cyclists, balloons, and machine guns, but before WW1.

I've heard BBB works for wars like the FPW and APW.

Thanks, man. I'll check it out.

I'm painting me Villa lads!

I have the book but no access to a scanner.

I'm looking for :
The Road to Berlin (Bolt Action supplement)
Thanks for helping me

I´m after the scan of "The Face of Battle", which has been a god damned hard pearl to find.

I hear there's a company online that can supply pdfs/books of it
Er... War...lord, or something like that?

I'm not gonna scan it but if you have any questions, shoot.

Man, a spagetti pot boiling out in the desert would be great.

Aviators having a brew?

Depending on which ones you're buying, some of them are extremely in depth, and meant for a solid dozen people to participate in. Some are meant for understanding the complex weave of counter-terrorism in a country, civil war, or just how different factions deal with the same conflict. Some are a lot easier to play with a couple people. It's a broad genre.

Ground crew and radio operator. I suppose if I could find some models for something along those lines...

Is there a way to get into this and not destroy your wallet? My dad tried to get me into these when I was younger but at the time I wasn't interested. He passed away recently and I decided to give it a try. I was looking into clash of empires (I'm interested in ancient warfare) but making armies seems a bit pricey. Is this just a patrician hobby meant to keep out the serfs, or am I missing something?

What are people's thoughts on Lassalle? I've thoroughly enjoyed it, what do other rulesets bring to the table?

>Man, a spagetti pot boiling out in the desert would be great.
WWI, actually, not WWII. And I'm sure some user did that.

it depends on what you want. Hundreds of 28mm figures? sure that CAN be pretty pricey but it doesn't have to be and other scales are often far cheaper.

It all depends on what you want. You say you like ancient warfare, what specifically and the type of battle you'd like to fight. Give us a budget as well, we'll find something.

Thanks, user.
Also for anyone that cares, it seems the average for around then would be about 60% Infantry, 10% Cavalry, 15% Artillery, and 15% Other.

how balanced is lasalle vs blucher vs others senpai? are austrians and large units op?

Villa painted! It's pretty basic stuff at the moment. The tiled roofs need some love and a base needs creating but for the moment it'll do.

The kit was pretty quick and easy to build I was quite happy with it!

Of course I forget to upload the photograph

Please forgive my stupidity, but BBB?

I'd love to run some APW and FPW scenarios.

More importantly Lasalle and Blucher are COMPLETELY different scales. Balance aside, whether you want to command a division or an army is more important in deciding which of those to use.

Sweet! Please share some pics, user. What sorts of games will you be using it with?

D'oh! You posted while I was writing!

Who makes the kit user?

Warbases

toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=7135
>an actual Chain of Command FAQ
>comprehensive army lists still coming CONFIRMED
Also until you've tried to release an army list for a game it's hard to grasp how staggeringly tedious it is. I am not even at the playtesting step yet because most of the tables for a certain army have never been translated and English summaries are rife with errors. I get the feeling that most games die at this stage.

I'd probably start on Carthaginian wars (such as Punic or Syracusan) and Naval warfare. That or Peloponnesian + naval. For budget, could anything be done worthwhile with $100 to start? Could probably set aside a certain amount a year to grow it.

Thanks!

Anyone play saga? I want to show a friend wargames and it looks dumbed down enough for a nonautist.

It's a fine system. Easy to learn, too. My biggest complaint is just when you simply don't get the right symbols you need on your saga dice to do an ability that would be useful.

Would something like 10mm using Impetus make sense?

I think he means Big Bloody Battles.
I know that there is also Horse, Guns and Foot (maybe not in that order though) it's free but a bit of a mess. It was written by Phil Barker the guy who did De Bellis Antiquitatis, so barkerese (his peculiar writing style) is somewhat of a problem.

Thank you, user. I'm familiar with DBM/DBA and so can translate from Bakerese into English.

1/72 plastics are quite cheap.
Modern acrylic paints don’t chip off as easily as older enamel and you can seal it all with a coat of clear plastidip if you’re worried. You probably will want to replace long narrow things like spears with wire for the best look though

Forgot to paste the link
plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=3

Drybrush some dirt and grime around the base of the walls and add a thin wash to the roof tiles

Not my request, but thanks for the new one

>Face of Battle

I knew it wouldn´t be easy, and more than likely no one had it OR want to scan it, but one has to try. I´ve got "The Modern Face of Battle" but needed the gear, weapon and tanks charts and tables, plus any unique table, to be able to play during WW2.