Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Greater Good edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/19/coming-soon-new-battleforces-christmas-chapter-approved-new-varnish/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=tVRLFjchU9Y

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/tzaangors
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my dudes > your dudes

would the recon squad from FW make a good proxy for scouts, I want a unit of scouts but hate the GW models

Anvil Industries Exo Lord snipers are good. I've never used the FW recon guys

Kinda. They have sniper rifles which most people don't like as a scout weapon and the power armor is bit weird considering scout armor.

What fucking ever, fuck'em.

How can forgefiends be made good?

Recon Squad wears power armour, so no.

I had a moment of autistic optimisim and inspiration... The reveal trailer for the Imperial Agents codex and accompanying plastic range(that'll never fucking happen).

>cue baritone/tenor Gregorian(or similar style) chanting on a black screen
>"Dominae libra nos"
>DRUM BEAT/frame change
>Female voice: Heretic...
>slowly pan up the buzz saw arm of a Penitent Engine
>Black
>"A plaga, a bellum..."
>DRUM BEAT/frame change
>Female voice: Daemon...
>Panning down the blade of an activated power sword
>Black
>"a libidine, et tenebra fata"
>DRUM BEAT/frame change
>Female voice: Alien...
>Pan across the barrels and arms of a multi-melta wielding Sister
>Black
>"A spiritu Dominatus, et Deus Imperator"
>DRUM BEAT/frame change
>Female voice: We are his judgement made manifest. We are the arbiters of his will. Not even the darkest corners of the galaxy are out of reach. The crimes of those who defy Him will not go unpunished and we will light our path to righteousness with the pyres of burning heretics.
>As she begins speaking, zoom out from an icon shaped like the Inquisition's =][= to reveal the army of plastic miniatures posed in a combat formation
>drum beat/black frame with "Codex: Imperial Agents"
>"libera nos"
>fade text
>lighter drum beat
>text "Coming Soon"
>softer, somber chanting "a nostris"...

The chanting is "gothic"(read:butchered latin translating) for: Emperor save us/from plague, from war/ from lust, from a dark fate/
Spirit of the Emperor, God-Emperor/ save us/ from ourselves...

Idea time:

I'm thinking of a Death Guard vectorum called "The Hemorrhage" with dark shaded khaki armor and pink, profusely bleeding zombie/gross parts.

The story is that they're a vectorum cursed to bleed profusely even in death, which makes their skulls profoundly valuable trophies to any follower of Khorne, so they're constantly hunted across the galaxy.

However, any blood of theirs can infect any marine and make them part of the Hemorrhage.

The marines themselves take this all in good sport and are thankful to Nurgle for the opportunity to annoy the shit out of other chaos warbands.

Should every list building start with Battalion detachment? How many detachment people bring to a 2000pt game anyway?

I'm just noticing that I'm burning through almost all of my CP by end of 3rd turn.

So I have an idea for a guard regiment, and point it out if it doesn't work, is to have them originally be Frateris Templar that were reorganized after the Age of Apostasy into a guard regiment due to the need for manpower, and since their reorganization have served closely with the Sisters of Battle. I'm thinking to have them modeled like Maccabian Janissaries, though I'd like advice on two things:
1 What can I use to achieve the look of Pic Related with a Cadian kit?
2 What regiment would fit best? I'm conflicting between Cadians, Catachans and Mordians.

>multi-tracker for a head

oh shit nigger what are you doing?

>oldmarines model quality is shit and lots of models look bad no matter what
>chadmarines model quality is good but the designes of the numarines leave a lot to be desired

aggressors look disgusting for example, really destroys any hype to build a primaris army

I like anything nurgle that involves something terrible and gross that the marines themselves have fun with

tracking multiple things, presumably.

Aggressors look awesome fite me

I don't know those guys seem pretty fabulous to me, must be something in the geneseed.

Asked last thread but didn't get a response. Would it be too on the nose to get a squad of aggressors and call call them firebats?

you can clip the hoods off of aggressors really easily, it just makes them look like slightly more armored normal primaris with power fists

Does anyone anyone even know what those are, anymore?

>no scythe weapon in the codex

Literally have the same idea

They're in SC2 so probably. Remastered too

Damn straight.

It's only acceptable if you go full Starcraft. with them.

I would do it myself but I really don't know a good Siege tank equivalent in marines.

a buddy of mine has a small nid army because he's really into starcraft and mains zerg. he legit thought those were firebat models. I've brought it up at my local geedubs, but have mostly gotten wierd looks. it's safe to assume that most people don't know, but for that few that might would get a chuckle out of it

That's just a relic blade bro

>Starcraft
Why the fuck was I thinking Tribes?

That's why I only have Intercessors and Hellblasters at the moment.

I'm sure there will be plenty of new units when GW decides to Stormcast the shit out of them.

There's a 40mm siege tank model on Shapeways. No idea what it'd look like standing next to other models or what rules to use

you could probably get away with naming one squad gui and a second montag

Because you are old school or not Korean.

Because Tribes is infinitely cooler than StarCraft.

So to move a question over a thread: is Pilgrym 'canon'? The site mentions how two Ordos' were destroyed, and I was wondering if it's offical or just elevated fan-fic.

BS +3

Maybe Razorbacks? I mean, it's the only 40k spess muhreen tank that I can think of that both has a turret, heavy anti tank capacity, and no sponsons. Sure transport capacity's weird, but we a shoehorning shit in anyway.

Alright I've tried to make a casual 1500 list for templars that won't involve me being stomped every game:

Battalion Detachment:
HQ:
> The Emperor's Champion
> Lieutenant
Troops:
> 20 man crusader squad, power sword on sword brother
> 5 man crusader squad, plasma gun, lascannon
> 5 man crusader squad, plasma gun, lascannon
Dedicated Transport:
> Razorback w/ twin lascannon
> Razorback w/ twin lascannon
Vanguard Detachment:
HQ:
> Terminator Chaplain
Elites:
> Chapter Ancient
> 5x Assault terminators w/ TH/SS
> 5x Assault terminators w/ TH/SS

Terminators push first turn with chaplain, the rest push up except the lascannon units which blast armour post-haste.
I'm using all the CPs for deny the witch or first turn charges (reroll + single dice reroll is badass for them).

Or non-degrading BS.

Aggressors look almost exactly like Calgar

>non-degrading BS.

I'd say a Vindicator actually

Maulerfiend doesn't have degrading BS.

Because it's not a shooting platform.

Spotted on eBay.

Gulliman's seen some shit.

Yeah, too bad it doesn't have a turret. Terran siege tanks are really an oddball design.

Neither is the Forgefiend given it's capabilities.

"pro painted"

Oh you

Thoughts on my HQ choices here?

>spends hours painting the model
>mails it in on the eyes

Why even use the head if your not gonna put the effort in, especially when the helmet looks better even when painted well.

>9th edition ushers in a brand new astartes civil war
>It's all that technoslug's fault

I don't know, looks kind a thick to me, and the gold is just all over the place, it's like he don't even bother clean up.

jesus christ there is so much fucking paint just glopped onto this poor model.It looks like icing.

My favorite are the purity seals, especially the one going from the chest to the shoulder

106 points for a 5 man jump pack unit with two plasma guns worth it?

Thinking it could be good as an harassment unit

It looks like he used them to wipe his golden asshole

I don't think it will happen there are lots of road blocks put in place to stop it like the lack of legions and the codex astartes.

"Sons of the phoenix"
Totally not Emperor's Children primaris

Are daemons going to be the last codex this year?

>undermining the imperial religion and still believe seperate things
>majority defectors to the archtraitor
>doesn't share with us despite being """greatest ally""""
>doesn't "remember" how to make some of our most weapons but yet the dark admech do for the archenemy
>"Cannot" save the emperor
>never offers military aid like the marines
I wonder whose behind this?

please use the ask a question feature to tell them "THIN YOUR PAINTS"

Daemons will be the first codex of 2018

First codex of 2018.

Whats his endgame?

does anyone have the "Hand of Darkness" Audio drama

>Whats his endgame?
he has only lacks as much as you know and less than you think but truly nobody doesn't understand it.

To serve the emperor

Ah, thanks!

Who cares?

I'm sick of seeing Alpha Legion and Iron Warriors regarded as anything more than memes.

At least they are not the Night Lords.

I really want to use the 30k Admech stuff as a Heretek army. FW stop fucking around and release Fires already

True. I don't see their appeal either.

>I really want to use the 30k Admech stuff as a Heretek army. FW stop fucking around and release Fires already
i also know that feel.
also apparently they are throwing out castilianxes

Are there any good beastmen models to proxy as cultist or other chaos units, I'm looking for more to add flavor to my warband.

There's the kairic acolytes. A bonus being you get 20 in a box.

Id bring 2 squads like that. Try to deepstrike into cover for 2+ save.

>throwing out the best models in the FW Mech range from the new codex
Are they retarded?
No, wait

Do they hate money?

Well it's definitely not coming out before the Tau codex and with them delaying the updated HH ruleset it wouldn't surprise me if when they do announce FoC pre-orders they cancel them due to "print quality concerns" again.

They probably think they are too similar to Kastelans

>Are they retarded?
cannot confirm if it's completely true but apparenlt a lot of cybernetic in lore is getting shunted
>even then the fucker includes the red scorps like Marines didn't get enough FW love.
and maybe
>Do they hate money?
they do from what a store owner tells me
I think it's how it conflicts with the stupid robos and people might just use them for the cast stats if the cast is better or something

>inb4
>fishbowl

>a lot of cybernetic in lore is getting shunted
Isn't that like, half the 30k AdMech range?

What would be the best way to convert these guys as cultists?

What are you even basing this off of?

Jfc i hate GW - they do not know how to use a setting.
Well assuming i can use stuff from the ADMech dex, i'll be using them as proxies and should anyone bitch i'll just be "My Heretek found them from 10k years ago, but couldn't make them as good" Fishbowl bots

Never noticed the sleeping cron before

>Isn't that like, half the 30k AdMech range?
less than that maybe 1/3rd but reductors 21 guns in one kinda fucks that.
anyway i know thanatars might be coming back but i'm personally worried it's going to be d6 plas, theI'm also worried the cyngis might end up weak.
god help them if the mantis bots are not there or suck

the cabal of usual suspects
rumour mills and autists i know who actually pay more attention.
now the pictures are pretty cut and dry, and some other things relating to it
RS are there, getting some HH gear

Their hands look human enough. Just give em Auto pistols and your basically done. Alternatively you could just buy a box of Tzaangors.

>Well assuming i can use stuff from the ADMech dex,
you can, if not it wil be FAQ or we will march on GW together
at the very least it will have ADMECH and IMPERUIM
and you don't chaos right?

So nothing concrete
Anything else from these reliable sources?

>Are there any good beastmen models to proxy as cultist
games-workshop.com/en-US/tzaangors

Nigger you have that picture but somehow you missed these?

>oldmarines model quality is shit and lots of models look bad no matter what
this is objectively incorrect and youre retarded

OH SNAP

whoa another sycthes goi? Do you know of any good decals that dont have the white back print? I need some way to get the sexy scythes on my dreadnought but the white makes it hard

I'm so cynical with GW now, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if it takes 3-6 months for "Oh you can use FW Mech with Chaos/Imperium"

>So nothing concrete
which i said
i mean "cannot confirm" was not there to install confidence in the source.
>Anything else from these reliable sources?
apparently the story line has the SC stealing a bunch of shit out of a admech armoury, thus the pict of the mastodon you've likely seen about and the scorp tartarus.
and the lore explained that the big CXs were removed or mothballed for being to weird.
which means
>SC is in it
>tau is in it
>and admech
cluttered fucking book.
i just wonder how are they going to cram all the admech stuff I've been waiting to play in 40 for a year (because i hate Numech bar skit.) with a lot of marine wank and tau shittery up there

>if it takes 3-6 months for "Oh you can use FW Mech with Chaos/Imperium"
it might never happen

>Baneblade
>mightiest weapon of the astra militarum
>shittons of wounds, t8
>lord of war designation
>3+ armor save

>land raider
>variable heavy tank of the space marines and their chaos brothers
>shittons of wounds, t8
>heavy support designation
>2+ armor save

EXPLAIN THIS.

SC?
I know Red Scorps are supposed to be in there, but who are SC?

Then I'll take my pure FW Mech walker list and delete as many players in both GWs and FLGSs until the qq gets so bad that head office has to do something
That entire range is beautiful and i'm working my ass off to get my painting to a standard where i won't feel guilty dropping that much cash on a 2k list of them