No Warmachine general anymore

>no Warmachine general anymore
Haha get fucked separatists, I knew your shit company wouldn't be able to outlast GW

Good, now that GW has no competition again, THey can continue to raise prices lower quality on their products.

Dead game, dead general

I cannot find any reference online to Privateer Press, the publisher of Warmachine, being in any sort of financial trouble, let alone bankrupt or otherwise "out of business."

I'm glad you're so invested in being a corporate slave that this sort of thing matters to you.

I guess people stopped given a fuck because Privateer Press stopped giving a fuck. You make the game now, Mk 3.

Will Pastrami, never forgetti.

Warmachine only took off because it was the game for people who really didn't want to play a GW game now that infinity has taken that crown

Warmachine is a game for all the funless, WAAC powergamers who couldn't handle the fact people played 40k for fun.

they migrated over to Warmachine and jerk themselves off constantly with lines like "40k isnt even a real game" and "Warmachine has the best and most polished rules" (lolno).

Meanwhile - Massive community of warhammer players enjoy themselves with the game while warmachine dies in the background. Turns out new players don't enjoy getting curb stomped forever by the cheesiest list possible

Privateer press is having some issues with community engagement. Probably because they killed their community and the only people left are powergamers who don't paint their miniatures.

not to invoke the SJW boogeyman, but not only is there community filled with powergamers most seem to be soyboys as well.

>Unironically using soyboy
t. soyboy

Would a company that's doing good not offer Christmas bonuses for 3 years after giving them every year before?

t. angry soyboy warmahorde player

Sauce?

Talk to employees that have quit. There's a lot of them. PP doesn't have stock data like GW so everything will be purely anecdotal. I live in the area so I've heard more than I cared to

>Turns out new players don't enjoy getting curb stomped forever by the cheesiest list possible
This, basically.
A game made for waac where newbie stomping itself is not "fun" by default, unless you have margin to get better with always equal starting point and where the skill dictates it and not the sheer cheesiness of your list.
But that kind of thing doesnt generate money, I guess.

Also they probably stopped to completely care.

Maybe they'll die and someone cool will dust off Monsterpocalypse?

40k really isn't a game. It's a dice escalation event.

It's actually amusing how much of mkiii warmahordes reflect 7th ed 40k GW days

The sad thing is that PP basically overly marketed their game to WAAC players.

Not to say that 40k isn't filled to the brim with WAACfags. But there is also alot of Casualfags.

>40k really isn't a game. It's a dice escalation event.
40k was supposed to be a rolpelaying/dice game where you can put up shit with your plastic soldier.
The meaning was lost among the way as people took it for competition trying to force winning as the sole purpose of a game, while, as any rpg, the concept of fun is a delicate balance of simply enjoying the experience and killing(therefore "winning").
It was a fault from players before even Gw began trashing the game like it did.
They indeed did. I liked warmachine because, for a while, it diverted some cancer from 40k away. Not enough to.
Too bad, I really liked a lot of miniatures from PP. Really wish the game was enjoyable without the need of beign a olossal faggot.

I liked warmahordes at the start of MK2, it was pretty fun and balanced. Then they just kept adding shit and that fucking just ruined shit.

Warmachine General (I made this because some guy just made a thread complaining about how there's no War Machine general)

Riveting start

Ex employee there. Left the year after they stopped giving bonuses and the people I've kept in touch with have said there's a freeze on pay increases, no bonuses, and possibly no Christmas party at all this year.

Maybe they're too busy actually playing the game to post?

You're right, that whole group of 3 people are probably the store now

>40k for fun.
Not something that I have seen happen once.

Damn, that blows. Glad you got away then. Tesla is looking for people to work on the assembly line if you want to move down to CA.
Those were some pretty good days. I miss them.

It's sad how much I 180'd on the game.

There's still quite a few WMH players around Australia, although there's certainly been a bit of an exodus since the start of Mk3.

A lot of players, myself included, were burnt out a bit by the end of Mk2, and the mediocrity that was Mk3 didn't really help.

Yeah, and my uncle works for nintendo.

As a former industry insider I really enjoy Veeky Forums because jack shit could have been traced back to me unless I was overly specific.

ok

>loyalty to a corporate brand to the point of delighting in their competition failing

Why? No matter how loyal you are to a corporate brand, they will never, ever be loyal to you.

That’s too bad. What do you attribute their issues to? As a complete noob to the game, I genuinely think the game has the best ruleset. But at PAX Unplugged, they couldn’t get 16 people to run Boarsgate. Why do they continue to decline when tabletop is booming.

the game caters to the absolute worst, most cancerous parts of tabletop gaming. The community is therefore absolute shit.

the new player experience is god awful because of this. So most new players get upset and leave before really buying in. Even the most dedicated WMH groups will tell you about how high their "new player attrition rate" is.

Combine those factors with the fact PP has been going downhill rapidly and as has the game as a whole and surprise surprise, the games dying.

What you guys describe was my "new player experience" to a tee.

I was looking for a replacement to 40k because fuck 40k and fuck GW. So I took a look at War Machine. To somebody's credit, they were nice enough to let me borrow their army for a day. Unfortunately, ALL the other guys who I played against were just nice enough to teach me the basics, but then were absolutely shameless at taking advantage of my ignorance of advanced tactics and rules and general inexperience to completely ROFLstomp my ass every game I played with tailor-made armies to specifically counter the army I was borrowing and couldn't change.

So after that event, I never spent I dime on Warmahorde or even looked twice at any other demo event.

>expecting to do well from start and not expecting instant losses

Why are you people such fucking pussies?

Even if I were to look at it from your perspective, War Machine is still not the game for me. What it would mean is that everybody who is still playing it is at a skill level I can't hope to achieve without literally over a year of dedicate play and study. In the meantime, it would just be a string of back-to-back losses until then. And that's not fun.

Whereas I can at least credit 40k with enough casuals (mostly in the form of little kids) who play at a skill level that's more new-player friendly so I can at least get the occasional win amongst all my losses. That's a little bit more fun.

So feel free to call me a pussy all you like. You're not the first one who did that, believe me. In the mean time, this game of yours dies out while you jeer at potential newcomers walking out the door. Enjoy your game.

There's also still more than enough "Beer and pretzels" type players in both GW games to find a good casual game with adults. There's also plenty of people who dig fluffy lists, or just plain fun ones. Anyone got the WHFB8e fanatic list?

Kicking a puppy is only fun for so long and then you find yourself without people to game with. I never understood people that like crushing newbies. They're the perfect opponent to try to pull ridiculous and dumb moves that you would never normally do because it'd be punished hard by any regular player, but in this instance its just fun for you and learning for them.

I think they kinda just assume that GW is going to be constantly shedding players forever so they'll have a never ending stream of newbies to crush. When in reality, PP is shedding players and GW's doing better than it has in ages

>GW's doing better than it has in ages

GW making the latest edition a bit more newb-friendly helped with that, in spite of the cries of anguish from many grognards who mastered previous editions.

I don't play mkiii. I fucking hate it. I'm just saying that expecting competence from a game that you are new to is fucking idiotic.

Even if you practiced, even if you read all the guides and watched all the videos, you should be expecting 50 straight losses in everything you venture into. Faster you lose, the takeaway is that you should not do the thing that got you lost. Opponent must be observed.