Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Do Space Marines sneeze? Edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/19/coming-soon-new-battleforces-christmas-chapter-approved-new-varnish/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=tVRLFjchU9Y [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/11/20/new-heroes-warhammer-40000-coming-soon/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my your > dudes dudes

Chapter Approved leaks W H E N

So because I'm a giant idiot, running vanilla marines means I need to do cheap characters for reroll spam correct?

BEST LEGION COMING THRU.

nth for tank commander waifus

I wish they looked that cool in the game

how can she fit her tits through the hatch?

Less interesting question: What Chapter Tactic is best for representing the Bhlud Raevens

More interesting question: Let’s say Geedubs has asked you to make one up, what would you go for?

She looks pretty flat actually.

>SJW's asked for more realistic females
>instead of "big is beautiful" hamplanets they got flat-chested normies
>GW engages trollface

I don't know what else but they should have "characters can use any relic, even those belonging to other chapters".

>Meme answer
Pick the one most appropriate to your opponent because of borrowed relics
>non-meme answer
Ultramarines

>OC rules
+1 to cast

OC donut steel (Leviathan Adaptations)
>HQ
Swarmlord - 300
Flying Tyrant: 2x Rending Claws, Deathspitter Maggots - 177

>Troops
30x Hormagaunts - 150
30x Hormagaunts - 150
6x Rippers - 66
5x Warriors - 10x Boneswords, 4x Deathspitters, Venomcannon - 160

>Elite
6x Hive Guard: Impaler cannons - 288
3x Tyrant Guard: Crushing Claws - 147

>Heavy
Exocrine: Bio-Plasma Cannon, Limbs - 216
3x Screamerkillers: Cysts - 345
1999/2000

Should i forgo the ~500 points of dedicated ranged units and just go fully into aggressive melee? And if i do i should change to Behemoth?

>flat-chested normies
The most attractive desu
I'm more amazed by how ADB isn't the author

Probably Salamanders to represent their hoarding of chapter relics.

A better one would be 'may take a chapter relic from any Adeptus Astartes codex instead of their own.'

my waifus > your white cis males

Each day at 17 GMT on the Warhammer Community Site

ADB is love

Change the Screamer-killers for normal 'fex with 2XST + tusks, they are cheaper and better on the whole

>official previews
>leaks

>weebposter
Genetic filth.

Raven Guard are the most similar to their old CT.

Where do you think we are?

Give new Chaos undivided marines

based giv poster

>Do Space Marines sneeze?
Yes, they sneeze acid.
And whenever they sneeze on a Xeno or Heretic, they shout "EMPEROR BLESS YOU"

Sorry user,but you're still weeb trash

What’s the story behind this?
I’m interested

>GW will never make new generic CSM kits

I think so. You can also use a command point to upgrade one of your guys to something right?

Holy fucking Based

Yes.

My manly dick > Your feminine penis

> Next is Angron

Keep suffering.

>For Warhammer 40,000, there are battleforces for the Orks, Genestealer Cults, Astra Militarum and T’au Empire. Each of these armies is known for its high model-count, and these battleforces make collecting them that much simpler

>Orks only have 22 models in their box set.

WHY CAN'T I FIND ANY BULK BUYS FOR MORE BOYZ. Only idiots carry boyz in squads less than 30. They also give you two vehicles that are useless since they cost so many goddamn points.
There really isn't anything worth buying from that box set already. The Big Mek is only useful if you have a shitload of vehicles but the vehicles cost too much to use anyways. There's only 10 boyz so they're useless since they'll just get popped on turn one. The Trukk costs way too much for what it does and gets popped on turn one too. The battlewagon costs way too much to even test it out in this edition.

Only thing that might be useful here is the lootas.

My feminine penis is in a cage

So basically show manly dick already and let me suck it you fag

>tfw still have 60 more boyz to assemble
oh zog

> hanging out with a skull, staring at guillimans crotch

>T'''a'u''
>high model count

Holy shit do GW even play the game?

I have a big tournament at my local store coming next month and I wanted to participate with my necrons. I know that I will fight against all kinds of armies so I wanted to hear your opinion on a list I could bring.
It has to be a 2k point all comers list able to at least compete. I have basically every unit and what I don't have I can buy. Forgeworld is allowed.
Let's see if any user can help me here because I just can't find a list that fully satisfies me :/

you're not supposed to spam commanders, I guess.

Here you go.

>All my death guard heavy support was obliterators
>can't wield them anymore
what is good heavy support option for DG?

>gloats that Angron is next
>calls Khorne a pussy

It's possible to not spam commanders?

Is there any reason to not take Markerlights on Strike teams?

yes, its just way worse then spamming commanders.

Hellbrutes seem to be the go to thing.

Even if you don't, at what point in recent history have Tau spammed models? 6th and 7th were all about suitspam and Riptide Wing, except for Shas'obama meme lists. Before then, the best lists were mech. In 8th, if you aren't spamming Commanders, you're playing a balanced combined arms list, or Shas'obama again.

The only model Tau spam is the gun drone.

>ork player
>whining

it checks out

>tfw painted 90 boyz and 30 grots
>Realized after building and painting 60 of them that I should be making them into shootas
>tfw I gotta now get another 60 boyz with shootas.

The pain never ends.

>Implying adb would write about flat chested normies
>Implying he would write anything but muh special snowflake chars

What units do Necrons use against tanks and monsters? Heavy destroyer ?

>Played against a T'au the other day who spammed fire warriors.

It was weird playing against that list.

What happened?

Ooh! Another IG tank book! But this one is written by a Chris Dows?

Is he any better or worse than Guy Haley?

Well first thing to do when building a list is to find a center point to hold it together.
From there we can see what it's strengths are and what's it's weaknesses are then figure ways to counter both of those.

Necrons have a really hard time against tanks and monsters.
Heavy destroyers, doomsday arks, triarch stalkers are our only non forgeworld options and are a combination of either grossly overpriced, easily wiped out or just extremely unreliable.

what amount of fw would you consider spam at 500/750/100/1500/2000 points?

>Turn one Da Jumped boyz behind the enemy line, dakka jet took out one squad and my shoota boyz took out two other squads.
>Boyz from behind the enemy line took out a third squad
>Boyz from behind enemy line charged his HQ

He still had a few fire warriors left but it was hopeless for him and he just gave up.

What the fuck do markerlights look like anyways?

Oops this was meant for When his entire army is just fire warriors.

>setting up a gunline but leaving enough room for a mob to jump in behind him
Frankly he deserved what he got.

why would you take an entire army of only 1 unit type?

what is the best hive fleet and why is it Behemoth?

>want to field Helbrute
>it doesn't have DS like every other model in my DG list
I guess I'll wait for the Blighthauler.

I used to go pretty élite on my Necrons back when we had the good rianimation protocols. I've tried élite now but I am bugged that I have to go full size squad to have some survivability. bykes for example are out of the question as 9 of them cost over than 400 points and any less just does not get to rianimate. Mele infantry is also very pricy and usually my night scythe get blown up before they can deploy. Maybe I should go full horde but I don't like to spend 2 CP every turn just to have the warriors not flee (assuming at least one survives). Maybe I have some bad habits from 7th that are holding me back.

The box is awful because big mek and bikes, the bikes bloat the price of the box too along with the mek

Because OG fleet will always be best fleet.

Acceptable arguments can be made for Kraken.

Leviathan would be equal if it hadn't been the spotlight fleet for the newfag editions that was ruined by the shitty newfag writers.

That's nice, source?

I hope the eventual 1ksons dex has psychic powers that need close to or above 12 to manifest, so that you need to use stratagems and bonuses to successfully cast them but theyre powerful

And make them never castable against Kronos? I see your game Nidfag.

The amount of Eldar tears over Kronos will sustain me until 9th edition desu

2/3 of the Christmas shit doesn't even have a codex yet. You'd think they'd try and release those first.

It was a 1000 pt tournament and he figured that no one would have enough fire power to deal with roughly 100 FW. So he had 10 squads of them thinking that they would be able to deal with hoards and with their strength 5 weapons deal with vehicles.

He didn't expect to lose over 40% of his army in turn one though.

>fun cinematic option that requires careful deductions and combinations of bonuses to cast
>or you could just take Fagnus and cast them out the gate with maybe a stratagem to make sure you don't fail
Yeah I can see it happening.

>Almost destroy ultramar on it's first try without using any tactics beyond "send escalating waves of bugs at them until they're dead"
>Hive fleet of Old One Eye, the only good tyranid character
>Has had not one, but three official color schemes, all of which are good
>Chad 2nd edition models with beak-dicks, bannana claws, stinger tails and other assorted body parts

I see, thanks

>The most attractive
Excellent taste user

Can't you build the squads large enough that you don't need to deal with leadership?

I've seen most people run them as Ultramarines for Tigerius. Calgar also works well to represent Gabriel if anyone gives you the stink-eye over using FW.

I want my cow tits and chubby women.

So do the HH books ever explain why the Emperor didn't make female Custodes or Marines or is it left unexplored ? I heard something about him wanting the Legions to be only a temporary solution and didn't want to give them an option to reproduce and establish themselves as rulers over the unaugmented humans but I can't find the source for that.

>""""""almost""""""
>forgetting about Malan'tai
valid point
>non-ironically liking the 2nd edition models

Honestly my bugbrother you have too much good taste for Veeky Forums, what are you doing in this cursed place.

The entire enhancement system, from the very roots, is entirely based on the Y chromosome

Just 3. Small price to pay for not running UM, right?

Almost is accurate, Doom is complete shit kys, some of the 2nd edition Tyranid models are kino that are still better than any modern plastics.

he couldnt be fucked to, too much extra work for pointless pay off. could've made female marines, but why bother when it just werks with men. also, you still need women for homefront stuff during war time.

leviacuck detected

>Doom is complete shit
T-take that back
>some of the 2nd edition Tyranid models are kino
>some
>still better than any modern plastics
no

>implying I'm heterosexual enough to collect a force that uses official color schemes and lore

You need to figure out a goal for your list first. Worry about that stuff later.

Do you want to build a small model count list and go for tabelling everyone? Do you want to have a very aggressive list which bursts out the gates shooting and charging? Or do you want a really defensive list which holds the line and slowly advances to it's objectives?

Yeah or you could take Kantor, Shrike, Issodon or some other chapter master who's less overcosted than irrelevant Calgar. If you play UM you're playing them for Guilliman, but primarchwank is for fags and cannot be justified by the slap in the face that is the Chapter Master stratagem.

3cp for all rerolls to hit.

I figured, gonna need to retool my characters a bit

Doom getting squatted to make Neurothropes was the best thing that happened to Tyranids between 4th and the new Codex

God I hated all those annoying fuckers in 5th edition who no matter what any time you would post a list they would be like "HURRR NEEDS DOOM IN A SPORE POD"

If a marine reproduced (oh my) their children would at best kinda resemble them. The marine process is just a bunch of organs sewn on. There's not much to do with genetics.

> warhammer-community.com/2017/11/20/new-heroes-warhammer-40000-coming-soon/

Are you fucking kidding me ? Just fucking give me Leviathan Culln already.

Question for the learned. Can a person who has worshipped one Chaos god turn to another one, either willingly or unwillingly? Can a Khorne Berserker restore his sanity and become a servant of Tzeentch? Can one of Nurgle's children be made whole again, into an image of radiant Slaneeshi perfection?

>Marinefags finally as blueballed as Taucucks over FoC
Welcome brothers

Yes, all it costs is 1 CP in fact.