MTG spoilers

Unstable + Rivals

Other urls found in this thread:

markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/167581950463/hi-mark-thanks-for-all-the-great-unstable-cards
markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/calcutron
markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/killbot
markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/modular monstrocity
magiccards.info/query?q=l:en "hand "&v=card&s=cname
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/167612387803/what-happens-if-an-effect-forces-you-to-discard-a
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Immortal Sun
legendary artifact
players cannot activate loyalty abilities
during your draw step draw an additional card
spells you cast cost (1) less
creatures you control get +1/+1

deathtouch

(B), reveal him from your hand, put a prey counter on target creature.

When he ETB's destroy all creatures with prey counters on them.

>players cannot activate loyalty abilities
looks like they heard the complaints about Solemnity and Overwhelming Splendor
and the other abilities are pure value. this is going to be an EDH staple.

It does everything I want it to do!

time to get some severed hands I guess

does that mean the name, or do you need to get hands to represent them?

i assumed it litterally means you need hands.

So like Though I was looking into getting some doll hands, or something similarly small and handy.

I thought the art and the text would make it pretty clear regarding how you're meant to represent it.

I thought represented meant the name of the token. one token is named "left hand, pinkie and ring" another "left hand ring and middle" etc. having actual hands nearby seems really inconvenient.

>"it's a feature"

If it meant named, it would have said named.

No, you need to physically represent it with a hand, most likely your own or that of friends or other participants. It's silly and dumb but it's an unset and they're meant to have silly and dumb cards.

What kind of set do you think this is

Is this just going to be auto-included in 75% of edh decks? Draw, discount, buff and walker hate all on one card. I'm buying six.

wtf am I reading

Sure, but you can go to the dollar store, get some plastic hands, snap extra fingers off, and fulfill the requirements.
>Unique hand
Check.
>Two fingers
Check.

it seems iffy. you'd need a lot of mana to actually make X work. I love his ability though.

Your dollar store sells plastic hands with snap-offable fingers?

A-are you a serial killer?

Doesn't yours?

All plastic hands have snap-offable fingers. Technically all things with fingers have snap-offable fingers. It's just a matter of effort

That seems actually super fitting effect for a master spy. I like it, though it seems like it's a bit mana and time heavy to get going.

Notice how the hand/fingers don't have to be your fingers. You can talk third party (friends, spectators, moms etc.) to help out.

Imagine three people using their hands as creatures.

I love this

It works like:
Cast X
Next turn tap him for his first ability and put him in another hand.
Now you can see your opponent's hand, play any of his cards with the second ability and maybe use the first to swap to another opponent(not sure if you can tap him even if he's not in play)

No, actually, but that's a reasonable point.

>Technically all things with fingers have snap-offable fingers. It's just a matter of effort
Jesus christ user. But what about chicken fingers?

Once again, Esper is proven to be the color combination for complete assholes.

Is it me, or is this really good?

But those are both fun cards.

what in the fuck

>Troll Ninja
That's good.

The dick move is that once X hits the front spot in their program they cant play anything else, and you can pick things out from their set to screw with their order

I literally have no idea what the fuck these things are supposed to do. What do they even say?

Read the words, user

You pay X's ability to put him in your opponent's hand. Your opponent can't play X, and plays with their hand revealed. You can play any of those card without paying mana.

Calcutron makes you put your hand on the table and put your cards in order. YOu must cast the first card in that order, and when you add cards to your hand, you can insert it in any part of the line

I did. Like, four times. I'm still not understanding. Clearly, I must be retarded.

"If a card would be put into a players hand from anywhere, that player reveals it and places it anywhere within his or her program instead"

If X is already in your hand when Calcutron hits, you just put it at the back, if it's added later, you put it at the back, and when you draw cards you just put them in front of X.

You can mess with some cards, but at 3UB a pop you're not going to be able to mess the plays up substantially

Fucking yes As much as it pains me to imagine, I coukd see it eating an almost immediate commander ban. Heavens I hope it doesn't.

Fucking ableists.

I see you're a brainlet, so let me help you out.

X is a blue-black legendary creature with 2 power and 2 toughness that costs UB to cast. X has an activated ability that costs UB to activate and requires him to tap (so you can't activate it the same turn you play him unless you give him haste) which puts him in your opponent's hand. As long as he is in your opponent's hand your opponent plays with his hand revealed and he can't cast X. X also has a second activated ability that costs 3UB to activate which you can use while he is in your opponent's hand which lets you cast other cards from your opponent's hand without paying their mana costs.

The Grand Calcutron is a legendary artifact that costs WU to cast. It says that when it enters the battlefield both players lay their hands out in a sequence and cards must then be played in the sequenced order. It also says that if a card would be put into either player's hand, that player places it anywhere he wants in the sequence. And finally it says that at the end of each players turn, if that player has less than five cards in his or her hand, that player draws cards equal to the difference.

clearly.

X can be put into your opponents hand. He can't play it and you can pay 3UB to cast any of his cards.
The Grand Calcutron puts all cards on hand in order and allows only the first card to be played.

Play TGC, put X in your opponents hand and he can't play shit.

A whole deck of mana rocks and symmetrical draw effects, I can dig it.

reminder that they can discard X, so if at any point they go to discard phase, he is done for.

I said things WITH fingers, not fingers standalone. Dammit Powdered toast man

I think the best way of doing that is to put X in hand and then play calcutron- try and place X as far to the left as possible, then slam calcutron down same turn.

> hand when Calcutron hits, you just put it at the back
Why would you assume you decide the order? The only real problem is when the opponents hand goes under five if it ever does.

>Play TGC, put X in your opponents hand and he can't play shit.
Except your opponent can just place him at the end of the sequence and put any new cards he draws before him in the sequence. Unless you have Mindslavered your opponent the turn you put X in his hand it's not doing much to locking him out.

>Why would you assume you decide the order?
Because Maro clarified that you do.
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/167581950463/hi-mark-thanks-for-all-the-great-unstable-cards

because I played Kindslaver and my buddy I picked knows what's up

Okay? So the real result is that your opponent puts X at the rear, and you spent three turns (assuming you're playing everything on curve) to make your opponent play with one less card and you be able to play his cards. I don't really see much benefit to that.

There is none. See, the people who claim the cards combo with each other are also brainlets so you don't have to feel alone.

Once he's in an opponent's hand, you'll need to play him, wait a turn, then use his first ability to change him to another hand.

I have no earthly idea how this is supposed to work. Since it's still in your hand, can't you just keep revealing it to get infinite copies on the battlefield? If it gets hit with removal does it get discarded from your hand?

Time to go hit up the mothership to see if they have an article on it, I guess.

>ceases to exist

Does that mean that it isn't even sacrificed or removed from play? So you can't create specific triggers with it? Dang.

ib4 spree of mtg related amputee killers croconaw

>Since it's still in your hand, can't you just keep revealing it to get infinite copies on the battlefield?
You must be one of those retards who thought you create copies of Scythe of the Wretched if multiple creatures were killed

So even though it's on the field, hand-removal can still affect it. Even though it's in your hand, field-removal also affects it. As long as it happens in that turn.

actually, you wouldn't be able to play your opponent's cards, because you can play cards in their hand, not their program

Will there be a full lists of MaRo erratas and clarifications somewhere?
Because I know for sure my LGS mates will ask the questions he already answered and none will believe me when I tell them the answer (even less when I tell them "MaRo said it on Blogatog since half of them don't know him and none knows about Blogatog)

Now I get why it's 216-ish cards. With the hosts and augments, you can make a shitload of combos
Yeah.
Also, it can't be bounced, can't activate etb effects,

Just show them the Blogatog entry? Maro is the Head Un-Rules Manager and only un-judge so what he says goes. If you can't find an answer to your specific query the answer is 99% of times "you know damn well what's meant."

It doesn't make a copy of itself.

No, the card on the battlefield and the one in your hand are one and the same

>Just show them the Blogatog entry?
How do I find the entry? Tumblr has a Reddit-level shitty UI
>Maro is the Head Un-Rules Manager and only un-judge so what he says goes.
I know he is but they don't. And I'm just that guy who plays Tron and is really good at English. I hope the owner likes me enough to make me Un-judge for the night.

>How do I find the entry? Tumblr has a Reddit-level shitty UI
Just go onto blogatog and write part of the card name in the search field?

Kira Yoshikage just wants a quiet life

No search field on mobile

markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/calcutron
markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/killbot
markrosewater.tumblr.com/search/modular monstrocity

So the most you can have if you're a friendless fuck is 3, right?

>unique hand
Two at most, since that presumably means you can't have one hand represent two tokens.

Locks you out of casting from their hand but you should still probably be able to win off of it

it just forces topdeck mode, as you can put any new draws in front of X in your program.

Each of your physical hands, plus your hand of cards with two of you fingers touching it

Hey, it really is a steampunk setting!

Your hand of cards is not a hand and it doesn't have fingers.

If you're creative, you can have at least 9, if you don't mind tying both your anatomical hands up.
magiccards.info/query?q=l:en "hand "&v=card&s=cname
Possibly more if multiple physical copies of a "Hand" card count as unique, and/or if you have variant printings (one foil and one regular, different languages, different printings of Hand of Death, etc.)
>What about the fingers?
It doesn't say the fingers need to be unique, so you can put two fingers on a stack of unique Hands.

Maybe stretching a bit, but I mean, it's an Un-set.

It only says a unique hand and two fingers. It does not say that the hand has to be attached to the fingers.

>hand of cards is not a hand
What is wrong with you?

> it doesn't have fingers.
Isn't specified that the fingers need to be part of the hand, they just need to be present.

Uncards aren't nearly as literal as you guys think they are. The intention is clearly that you use human hands.

>Locks you out of casting from their hand
It actually doesn't, MaRo confirmed that anything that affects a person's hand affects their program with Calcutron out.
markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/167612387803/what-happens-if-an-effect-forces-you-to-discard-a

What if I keep a figure in my car with a dozen posable hands and just bring the lot in as makeshit tokens

They have a like 20 page faq thay goes live on full release.

Thanks
I know they do it for new sets but I didn't know if it was also the case for new un-sets

Yeah they knew in advance they would need a massive one for this one.

>Another legend that barely works.
Can wizards just admit the command zone exists in a standard set a already? It won't confuse people so badly they stop buying packs.

I can't wait to see the inevitable apology on Tumblr

easy

this is my new commander

A thumb isn't a finger, one of those is a thumb.

A thumb is a finger. Whoever made up this arbitrary distinction is a dumbass.

>A thumb isn't a finger
I bet this debate will come up a LOT when this card is involved.

>A thumb isn't a finger

Thumbs are fingers, it's just that not all fingers are thumbs. It's like how the sky is blue but not all blue things are the sky.

man this card deliberately fucks with you on the wording in so many ways on the first read. you get to play opponents things and dip out, or can cheat out big things even out of color for cheaper.

move over scarab god, theres a new dimur general in town and no zombie tribal brainlets allowed.

If I say, "All of your fingers," you absolutely envision your thumb.

A thumb is a finger, eat shit.

>I bet this debate will come up a LOT when this card is involved.
Why? Thumbs not being fingers can't be a widespread belief, is it?
At least, it's completely inexistent in my country.

No, he’s right. You have four fingers and one thumb on each hand. Each of these are digits. Fingers are digits, thumbs are digits, but thumbs are not fingers. You have 5 digits, but not 5 fingers, on each hand.