Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

AAARRRGHHHHH edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/19/coming-soon-new-battleforces-christmas-chapter-approved-new-varnish/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=EFtd1MGt4xc

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HOlld57YNZI
youtube.com/watch?v=-MQTcV8pcZo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Khorne Picture makes no sense with this attributes. They don't use Psychic powers.

SISTERS CONFIRMED GETTING SQUATTED

HINTS IN THE NID CODEX

Post troopers.

>Advance stops there

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Finally, Now can the Sisterfags fuck off?

>tfw all the new nids adopt big titties

2/10 nice try

>post yfw Chaos BTFO's the nids

Really stupid but hopefully easy question.
Lets say i want to play tyranids. What "books" do i need nowadays to play? Is only the tyranid codex required?

It's only a matter of time until the GW Facebook team starts responding to requests for plastic Sisters with cheeky replies like this one

>obligatory rocks

I'd welcome it.

>same Hive Fleet that wiped out around 50,000 Blood Angels
>being stopped by jobsters after already fucking the bitches raw in the Shield of Baal campaign

Codex, main rulebook for matched play, and MAYBE the forgeworld index if you want to run malanthropes or biotitans

hey to people who've already painted a bunch and aren't dogshit

did painting something this small look daunting to you when you first started? it seems to me like the smaller the mini, the harder it is to paint it well

youtu.be/HOlld57YNZI

I have no face for that because nids are BTFOing Chaos super hard right now

Yes, the index is dead to you

Fuck off Sister Shitters. Seriously, I'm so angry.

Sisters were never relevant or interesting, the only people who want them back are SJWs who don't play the game or trolling retards who post that they want them ironically, of course real retards think they're in good company and think that people actually want such a terrible faction re released.

GW should spend its time designing stuff with new Guard models, new Tau models or new Chaos models... guys who need it much more than shitty sisters.

You also need a copy of the rules, which in their base form are available in pdf on the website.

The rulebook also contain mission and advanced rules but those are probably being contained also in Chapter Approved, that come out next week with all the updates to those.

Hive Fleets split up, and the Hive Mind accidentally got raped to death by Chaos anyway.

*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHA

I actually preferred it, its harder to see imperfections when theyre the size of pencil lead, meanwhile brush strokes on a land raider are ugly as fuck

>wiped out 50,000 Blood Angels
Nigga wat? MUH CHAPTER LIMITS

Yes, unless you want FW or Shrikes.

>someone customized a land raider with head lights, workable hatch and interior lighting

impressive

Thanks guys. Really appreciated. And i assume its the 8th edition codex, except i can't find any sources beyond 6th online. Really confused about it.

Successor Chapters.

>nids are BTFOing Chaos super hard
>literally screaming

>tfw will have some Tau and Thousand Sons stuff for christmas while I finish painting my Renegade CSM.
Feels comfy, lads.

Well the confirmed destroyed 8 chapters and pretty much wiped out a majority of the other Blood Angels.

i want an arbites/witch hunter party van model

>obligatory belecuck jobbing to imperial fists

Dante said come help us. Every successor besides the Lamenters showed up. Even the Knights of Blood.

No, because washes are your friend and this was before nuln oil and agrax earthshade.

Big flat shit was always my nightmare because I don't have an airbrush

>designing stuff that actually sells

Good idea.

Holy shit throwback, reminds me of this brilliant rendition from 7th

youtube.com/watch?v=-MQTcV8pcZo

Are the The Horusian Wars series set post gathering storm?

Query: You are allowed one relic per detachment, correct?

If your army is a soup list, say Death Guard detachment and chaos detachment, can the DG detachment take a DGt relic and the chaos one take one from their Dex?

If I saw that shit on the field I'd light it up too, with missiles. Looks like some Tau tech-heresy to me.

>autism
>impressive

Oh-Ophelia!
You just got eaten by a buncha bugs!
Oh Ophelia!
Emperor help our power-armored weifu loves!

>Query: You are allowed one relic per detachment, correct?
Not correct, read the Codex faggot.

>Hey bro! Wanna play Apoc? It'll be fun!

It seems like it'll be really hard at first, but it really isn't. It just comes down to being patient, applying paints in thin coats, and then using washes+highlights. Sure, small things can be tricky (I still have some difficulty with faces+eyes), but as long as you're patient and steady you can do it.

As far as I know, only the detachment that holds your warlord can be given relics. So if you have a DG detachment and a CSM one and Typhus is your Warlord, you can only take DG relics in that detachment.

>Hive Mind jobbing to Ka'bandha.

>try to enjoy game
>play what I like
>get destroyed every time
>dont want to spend money on things I don't like
>more importantly I don't want to spend time on things I don't like
>cant find bring myself to buy, paint, and use models/units I don't like
>slowly start to dislike the game because the shit I like inevitably garbage and games are nothing but boring shitfests of -1 hit, superheroes, and spam
>come here for last ditch motivation
>endless shitposting from all sides
>dont know what I expected
I really enjoyed the game when 8th dropped, but something happened along the way.

So is Pilgrym canon?

This is literal autism, right?

Kek...

If you have to ask then no.

Go make friends with a noose, shitheel.

Thanks for clarifying.

>when Dante arrives in heaven, it'll be in a fucking wheelchair

If anybody has Devastation of Baal book, pls gib

I've seen versions of this done for many, many things, but that specific video is probably the best one I've seen by far.

Make non shit friends to play with, play your units in proportions that work.
Learn better tactics for your units.

If that doesn't work try playing more random game types.

You can use the 1-3cp stratagem that every faction has to bring additional relics, provided you've got a pure detachment, which is required to access strats.

>gives answer
>calls him shitheel
Stay in school

This works even if you do not have a Warlord, IIRC.

I'm on mobile and didn't change the filename but this is probably it

The strat is specific to the faction.

Realistically, if Emps finally kicks it, what happens to the Imperium? No astronomicon, no warp travel?

If he kicks it, another eye or terror opens up and fucks up even more shit, then every human bursts into a daemon.

yes, but you get the strats whether or not your warlord is from said faction

The warp bursts free and Chaos consumes the entire galaxy.

well he could ascend to true godhood and actually amplify all of his warp powers, no?

What's a solemnus aggressor?

From CA promo on GW normiebook.

If your warlord isn't from that faction the strat isn't much use as it only lets you take extra relics from that faction.

Consider for a moment how absolutely vital warp travel is to the Imperium. If the Astronomican dies the death toll will be in the trillions from starvation alone - hive worlds don't make their own food, they import from agri-worlds. The Imperium would have no way to enforce their law and order, chaos would literally run rampant amid hunger strikes and revolutions as each sector will fight for control of their own little slices of the galaxy.

Anime becomes real.

A land raider variant.

What's the best loadout for Assault Termies now? x3 THSS X2 LC or x2 THSS and x3 LC? Should the sarge have the LCs or the Thunderhammer now?

Not sure on the Astro, didn't it exist before he sat on the throne?

And iirc warp travel is possible but dangerous and shorter range without the navigation aide.

No.

>friend plays marines
>gets me into 40k
>crushes me 9 times in a row
>our 10th game we go even but he wins because first blood, throws a hiss how Alphas are unbalanced
>start regularly winning with him and he keeps complaining about diffrent units
I never complained about dice rolls or rules, even when he insisted to play codex when I had only access to index rules. Why is he such a sore loser?

I didn't play with anyone else in the store yet, is it common?

Anyone have the greater evil and willing to share?
If so please give

Well the Dark Imperium is doing okay (Read: Fucked, but still exists somehow)

don't think about that one too hard user

Fucking hell, forgot what thread I was in for a second.

Personally, I'd throw the hammer and shield on the Sarge as he gets an extra attack anyway

Sounds like your friend's a fucking pussy. Try playing with some other people when you get the chance.

Muh dick

Takes time to take that many worlds even if they have no co-ordinated defenses.

So how do you want to deck out your Land Raider?

>Hurricane bolters, full of berserkers.
>Blastmasters, doom sirens, overcharged engines

Dreadnought close combat weapons instead of sponsor.

With a Predator chassis with Hurricane Bolter Sponsons and whatever as a top turret.

I want cannons...

...That fire more Land Raiders...

>There are lot of 40k fans that actually prefer the SWs, BAs, IFs, SMs, and RGs characters because their genetically corrupt, prone to gene-seed defects, and somehow these flaws make them more appealing despite being a clear sign of degeneracy, and thus these Chapters are themselves full of degenerates.
>To the point that they abstain from other chapters that are pure, stable, and free from mutations because they are not flawed

You know what? Fuck you, fags. I'm glad Cawl cured all the gene-seed mutations and streamlined everything so all the new SM replacements are effectively the same. Fuck you, fuck your dudes, and fuck their special snowflake syndrome that you people have a Stockholm obsession over with. I'm glad all the new Special Super Space Marines will be Ultramarine-lite with different colors.

Onager crab legs and 3 twinlinked Neutron lazers.

I don't, anyone who ever suggests it is going off of poorly remembered or second or third hand starchild fluff knowledge.

A big 4-way 2000 point fight is coming up, and 3 other people are bringing land raiders.
What do I bring as CSM? I was thinking a Renegade Knight.

How are Castigator Knights in 8th? I need to repair him and the strip his paint, but It got me thinking on if I should use him or not. I'd be bringing him along with my Feudal World IG.

guns which fire black slaves

This user gets it

Pic related.