Hola, muchachos. It has been quite some time

Hola, muchachos. It has been quite some time.

Far be it from me to be an annoying tripfag and fanwanker, but I thought I'd make a special visit. And the only reason I'm using the secure tripcode (which is for jerks) is to prove that it's me. Just as Waffle House Millionaire (Old Man Henderson) has come and graced us all with his presence, I shed the mask of anonymity and post among you. I've lurked among you all for many years now and occasionally shown my face here and offered my sincerest thanks for how popular this story has become.

This is not some AMA, but I would like to give perhaps a "director's cut" of the story, and maybe hang out with elegan/tg/entlemen as in days of yore.

At the absolute least, we can have ourselves a good old fashioned "greentext/best of Veeky Forums thread".

So, hermanos! Come! Recant your tales of triumph and victories! Of losses and sorrows! Los Tiburon stands in awe of you all, and eagerly awaits your stories!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7KPVC77FwYA
youtu.be/7KPVC77FwYA
discord.gg/jWkr7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Seven years. It has been seven years to the day since I made this little scribbled shitpost. I'd had no idea that this story would have reached as far and as wide as it has, and it both humbles and baffles me. I've seen the Los TIburon screencap on iFunny, 9gag, FunnyJunk, Reddit, and I've seen it of course here on Veeky Forums. On just about every board. /b/, /v/, /tv/, even /pol/ and /r9k/.

That I have been even a small part of your lives fills me with pride and joy. That I have inspired others to take up tabletop games and write stories fills me with confidence and to be completely honest, it brings me to manly tears.

I'm so happy that Los TIburon is also part of the Veeky Forums football team. I've fallen out of watching them lately, but I was cheering THE EMPEROR PROTECTS among you all during the final when we won the cup.

I'll remain among you, contributing what few screencaps and stories I have, but I'm more interested in hearing what you're all doing these days.

Tell me of your characters! What wonderful beasts you have fought! What terrible villains you have vanquished! What beautiful maidens you have rescued!

Show me, hermanos, that here are still righteous souls among you!

Teehee Maccaroni is the bane of my fucking existence.

Every fucking campaign that my GM runs inevitably at some point involves running into an NPC named "Teehee Maccaroni," who the GM affectionately describes as "an epic level sorcerer who's also a retarded nudist gnome."

Teehee Maccaroni wander the countryside with a unique Rod of Wonders powered by "retard magic" shoved up his anus, and he casts the Rod of Wonders by diddling his penis. He says nothing but his own name in different inflections and the phrase "I like-a the goodberry, gimme gimme the goodberry." The GM thinks it's hilarious to have this character show up during the middle of encounters we're struggling at and start jerking off magic everywhere.

But the worst part is his chant. He wanders around chanting his name, so when he's about to show up the GM will start low;
>Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
>Tee-hee-hee, Maccaroni Maccaroni
And then get louder and louder until he's fucking shouting
>TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!
>TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI!

And the table loves it! The other guys I play with think this is the best shit! Teehee Maccaroni has been our table's de-facto inside joke, our signature "running gag" for six years now. When that chant starts up, everyone else joins in like a ritual; the whole table is expected to start chanting "TEE HEE HEE, MACCARONI MACCARONI" by the end, and every fucking time I refuse because this is some embarrassing circa-2002 Penguin of Doom shit, it's always the same thing; "There goes user again! No fun allowed around user! user's just a big grouch who's getting angry because we're making him touch Teehee Maccaroni's penis again! Why won't you just let us have fun with this character, he's just here for dumb fun, you stick-in-the mud!"

These motherfuckers are all over 25 years old.

Teehee Maccaroni is going to be the death of me.

Find a different group, brother. I actually haven't really sat down with a group for a long time, more or less for reasons like this. I just grew tired of some of the people I was playing with.

If this is some new Veeky Forums meme, then I don't know it. If it isn't, I offer you my sincerest apologies and enthusiastically encourage you to find an online group.

This one always chokes me up.

We did good, didn't we? I'm still happy to have entertained you all, even for a moment.

If you would let me op, I would like to tell you the tale of my very first time playing D&D and how an unlikely being saved the world, if you don't too bad I'm writing it anyways.
>Be me
>High school
>Introduced to D&D by some of my fiends and instantly hooked
>join friend's ongoing Curse of Strahd campaign as a lvl 7 beastmaster ranger
>For luls, my animal companion is a corgi but with the stats of a wolf named Mr.Scrumples
>Other party members are halfling rogue, human rogue, human wizard, and dragonborn fighter
>DM informs me that he has put in a twist in the form of one of the PCs being a traitor working for Strahd
>Final session and we still haven't found the traitor
>Fight Strahd and get him down to single-digit hp so he flees further into the castle
>halfling rogue finds green potions and we take them all, turns out to be strength potions
>walk in the room and are immediately paralyzed
>the potions make your muscles super tense and dense to the point where you are paralyzed by the strain
>halfling took a fake potion to dupe us all, steps forward and kneels to Strahd
>DM: "Strahd puts his hand on your shoulder and says 'You have done well my faithful servant and you shall be rewarded handsomely' please hand be 12d8s"
>the look on his face was priceless
>Strahd casts blight on the halfling rogue, killing him instantly
>Strahd begins to coup de gras us on the floor as we continually fail our saves to break free from the paralysis
>Turn to the DM as he says this and say "Mr. Scrumples attacks Strahd"
>Dm's fw he forgot about my shitty corgi
>Mr.Scrumples just barely manages to get past Strahd's AC and tears his throat out
>Mr.Scrumples is given dukedom of Barovia for slaying Strahd
>mfw a corgi saved the world

Maybe it's the wrong time of day, but I remember you Bro, yours was one of the first screencaps I read when I started browsing Veeky Forums.

Have one of my all time favourites.

Sure thing, Brother. This one is my personal favourite greentext story. I have a thing for weak or noncombat oriented characters triumphing over far more powerful opponents.

You did it anyways! I admire your tenacity, muchacho!

Your story is wonderful. Reminds me of Tony Chopper. I love it. You never forget your first story, either.

I suppose so. Seems like shitposters are more frequent around this time. Again, I don't want to come across as a faggot, but I do love how my character has inspired others.

I'll keep monitoring the thread, and for anyone interested, the guys who made this:youtube.com/watch?v=7KPVC77FwYA are going to be conducting an interview with me so I can catalog more of the story and set the record straight on a few things. Namely that yes, I am aware that Los Tiburon is improper spanish. The character was made at 3 in the morning.

Thanks for the laughs user
Helped me see the fun in tabletop

Good, I'm glad. I like that people have seen how much fun d&d can be, and that you can break free of the Tolkien mold, which I've never been a personal fan of. I respect the classics for what they are, but why be a generic elf ranger when you could be a warforged bard with ranks in Perform (Dance)?

That story is always a gas to read. I'm glad you're still here. There needs to be some good left around this place.

THE MAN
THE MYTH
THE LEGEND

Absolute shock aside, I do have a handful of stories I know of, on both sides of the DM screen. I'll write out one and list options after the first tale if anyone else is interest in hearing more.

==The First D&D game I ever played==
> Seven years ago, I watched The Gamers, fell in love with it , and was curious about what the source material was, never followed up on it.
> until two years later in college, I watched Counter Monkey and was inspired to play DND.
>Had no idea where to start, so I googled rpg stores. Found one near my college, drove over a day later.
>Store was a tiny hole in the wall, imagine about the size of a studio apartment
>Now imagine that studio apartment sized store is filled to the brim with unsold boardgames, and books
>Wander in, ask the storehand at the counter about any 3.5 DND games going on, and she says not any currently in the store, but someone is wrangling up people for a 4e one.
>I'm wary at the time about 4e, heard nothing but bad things about it then,but I think "Fuck it, I drove over here"
> So I inquire and she asks to leave name and some contact information, I do.
>one week later, get a random text, mentions my name and the game itself, and we decide to meet at the store
>Get there and look around, nobody sans the storehand is there.
>wait around, until a woman with a black trenchcoat walks in, and looks around.
>I sit there thumbing through books until the trenchcoat woman walks up to me, asking if I'm here for the game
> I nod, mentioning that I'm waiting for the DM.
>Surprise surprise, she's the DM. I apologize for the faux pas, introduce myself, and we get talking.
>She runs down the basics of the game, and helps me make a character (A human bard, original, I know).
>Three other players file in, one is a pixie warlord, one is an elf sorcerer, and the other is a human rogue.
>Adventure begins with us being tasked to pick up some explosives from one city and deliver them
Cont

Thanks for the time spent typing these out. You rock.

>On the way there, we get jumped by goblins in the woods. It's the first combat, so I'm a bit nervous (especially since making the character earlier took a long ass time)
>Battle turns into a bit of a miss fest, everyone rolled low constantly
>Goblin archer critfails trying to hit the sorcerer, fires bow itself, leaves arrow in it's hands
>Sorcerer hits it, but shits out on damage
>My turn, I use Vicious Mockery
>Roll a fucking 20 after so many prior misses.
>I shame the goblin for missing the black clad pin cushion 10 feet away from it
>Goblin out of despair, commits hari kiri with the arrow
> Felt like a god

And that's how I got addicted to DND. Pic related was the adventure

Many more shenanigans occurred, including, but not limited to:
=Cart jacking a merchant of his explosives because someone accidentally dropped a potion
we nabbed from some warty merchant that unleashed an Eldritch abomination.
=Ran over some undead at break neck speed
=Car bombed a fortress (which the pixie warlord sacrificed herself to accomplish)

Hope the story wasn't too longwinded, here are other options for stories I remember off the top of my head
>The first game I ever ran (or How I learned my friends are possible sociopaths)
> The most batshit and amazing campaign (A game that has the second worst TPK I've ever been in)
> The sequel to the batshit amazing campaign ( Sidetracked: The Campaign, also, worst TPK I've ever been in)

Also, I'm now curious, what are you up to BROther Laughing Man? How has life treated you since we last heard of you 7 years ago?

>Party is teifling alchemist, Orc bezerker, a naga rogue, a cleric and me, a Paladin
>So they walk down the stairs, and the lobby is right around the corner
>Rogue hears something
>someone creeping up the stairs behind them
>giant cultist cube out for our souls
>Run from the murder cube
>Nobody says shit about the cleric
>He also didn't get the hint
>Rogue just shrugs at me
>DM gives me a weird look
>NEar total party wipe, due to bad rolls. My Paladin is only one left, and on low health.
>Everyone else is bleeding out
>BBEG "Stand down, stop fighting me, and I shall let you live. Join with me, and serve me, and I shall bring back your beloved, gifted with life so she never has to leave you again."
>The rest of the players are silent
>Deal with glares
>Phew
>The dick-ass DM ain't having any of that
>I look at him
>I calmly point his "mistake"
>he becomes visibly upset, draws attention from everyone else
>Won't show it to anyone due to it being shiny.
>silence in the room
>spots the squishy members of the party
>Cleric puts up shields to defend them
>Mishap temporarily averted.
>HOWEVER, not the fallen will ragequit
>Cleric opens a door
>Call bullshit
>DM claims the cleric cast the spell
>Call bullshit on that
>DM's face is anus-red

First half of this thread gave me Vietnam flashbacks. I did something similar myself and the lack of replies is like being given an internet wedgie.
I remember you, buddy! One of the first Veeky Forums stories I ever read. If you get any shit for making this thread,, just remember that Los Tiburon will probably keep getting posted for years to come. People are temporary, storytime is for life.

Sympathy bump

Oh holy shit the legend lives!
Now all we need is the rebirth of Scriptarius and the second coming of Wasteland Warrior and the triumvirate is complete.

Joking aside, I hope the thread's still kicking about when I get off work. I'd love to swap stories and shenanigans.

Return of the king.

I have no idea what any of that means...

>Teehee Macaroni

I don’t have a lot to share, but I have this from an Age of Sigmar general a few weeks back, it’s not much but it’s all I got to share with you guys

Just out of curiosity what level did Los Tiburon end up making it to? Did he reach epic?

Sad thing is that in 3.5/PF this is literally impossible for the monk to do without the GM just hand waving the rules for the lulz.

We've got time if you've got stories

Seconded

Is thread kill?

Lemme regale you a tale, it was maybe a month ago.....I don't quite know.

>be me
>Be playin DnD 5e
>DM have inconsistent Schedule
>Sessions are fun but far and few in between
>Decide to jump to another DM
>Consistent, shit is hard but fun, But it takes so long for everyone to make a decision and a bit of prick.
>Decide to say FUCK IT I'LL DM MYSELF!!!
>Start writing up campaign
>simple Storyline to boot
>goblins for first encounter
>Roomie comes home with a shit ton of booze.
>Roomie is a bro so I drink profusely.
>After the after the second bottle of vodka it was all a blur.
>wake up the next day
>slight headache, no pants, on the table in front of my Notebook
>briefly read over first encounter
300 hp
4d6+2d6 damage
AC 18
Movement 60
4 legendary resistance
5 attacks per turn
a shield that made it immune to magic.

The players are level 1

>Decide to keep it for shits and giggles, turn claw attack into a spear that the players can loot, let them have the shield too.
>add 9 mercs and a Rouge DMPC with a shit ton of hp to drag their knocked out bodies away
>Day of my session begins.
>PCs make it unscathe, made the mercs too powerful.
>forget to use it's multi attack.
>gave it a lot of EXP reward figured they wouldn't be able to kill it
>PCs suddenly at level 2 or 3 I can't remember
>thrown into a shadow prison which I later turned into a dead god to make the campaign more metal
>oddly enough Players liked it
>that or they were being nice as to not hurt my feelings or something
>maybe to prevent me from throwing a tantrum either way they asked for another session.
>throw caution to the wind, most encounters enemies have a three digit hp, or 6th level spells or something.
>Accidentally made the bard useless.
>Had to change a boss mid-encounter as I made him invincible for two turns.
>After campaign left group, never looked back
the end

I'm amazed this thread is up still, would been a disappointment if it got pruned

As for stories, I got a few, I'll go down the line

==The first game I ever ran (or How I learned my friends are possible sociopaths)==

This happened about 3 months after the end of the previous story, about knee deep into my first semester of college, about to take my tests.

>The store game ends, and I had some fun with 4e, but I want to play 3.5 with some friends of mine
>These were online friends I knew for a few years, met them via an MMO I used to play a long time ago, talked via skype often.
>One day, I bring up idea of us playing DND, and after I explain the concept of it to them (some were familiar with it, via popular culture, some just read OOTS)
>Ask if any of them want to DM
>silence.jpg
> I then volunteer to DM, and we arranging things, which went smoothly at first
>Around that time, Roll20 came out, and we used that to host the games
>Problem, trying to build characters.
>Major dick move I did at the outset was just link the player's handbook pdf to them and assumed that they'd be able to work things out
>Regret that choice every day of my life, they had some trouble with the process since I just essentially pushed them into the deep end without help
>Google for a 3.5 builder, find a javascript one that looked awful
>Decide to go to piratebay for a better character builder, only find a 4e one.
>Fuck it, we 4e now.
>Character building goes by much faster
>remembering the advice from Counter Monkey, I decide to begin with a module, slightly altered
>After arranging all the maps from the book (which took a lot longer than you'd think, the res for the game maps was insane) we begin
>The cast of the party
>Dwarf Paladin, Shardmind Paladin (both of the raven queen), Goblin Fighter, Changeling Warlock, Deva Cleric, Shadar Kai Invoker, Revenant Barbarian
>And yes, I was an absolute madman for having these many players at once then for a 4e game
cont

>Party awakens in the middle of a swamp, not recollecting how they got there
>After some quick introductions, they decide to work together to find out how the hell they got here
>They look around for clues to help, then a faint blue motes of light are seen off to the north
>Quick fleeting snippets of their memories of this place flash by as they look to it
>Decide to go further
>They come out of the swamp to spot a ruined fortress, surrounded by a marshy moat
>Cross the bridge, get jumped by a giant gator
>They deal with that, but then the children of the gator come by
>Second verse, same as the first, although some of the party feels bad about the gator children
>I would like to note, that with this being my first game, I was a bit loony with the critical successes, and a bit much for the failures
>This relevant because the Deva Cleric had asked after the battle about what happens when you roll a 20
>Explained that for a skill, it produces an incredibly helpful result to you in relation to the action
>He then proceeds to go to one of the bases of the fort's aging cobblestone spire, and point his crossbow at one of the wide gapped holes in it
>Rolls the first ever crit of the campaign (same player had a habit of always being the first to roll crits in any new game)
>I say he pointed it at a crucial fulcrum of the building, causing a small hole via the collapse that could be navigated
>Problem is, a family of giant frogs lived in the base of the spire
>Killing, followed by light salad ensues. Deva Cleric makes molotov cocktail and burns the flammable frogs nest, party almost gets smoked out, escape out in time.
>Party decides to rest to recover HP
>They hear some activity the night following their rest, over the hill next to the spire they were in,, I noticed it was late,and decide to end on a cliffhanger after their rest, them about to discover what was over the ridge
>Everyone is absolutely hyped, they fell in love with the game, want to play soon
cont

>Next week, other persons in the skype group hear of the game,want to join
>Two more players: Orc Warlord and Human Swordmage
>the both were present in game yet, but for a good reason later why
>Party looks over the hill, spot a frenzied festival of half naked cultists swarming around a plinth in the center of the ruined fortress, with a ragged hunched cloaked figure, standing above helpless Orc with sacrificial knife
>This was the earlier Orc Warlord, in the original module, the strapped captive was supposed to be a damsel in distress, but I used this to introduce the Warlord
>Group proceeds to bust the ceremony, during which the Warlord yells at them to help get his sword
>Witch overhears this, and nabs the sword
>Warlord realizes this is an entire new ballgame with the fact the NPCs can hear him
>Manage to help free the Warlord, Barbarian almost goes down via the witch critting with warlord's sword
>Intros are made, and a dagger sized golden key inscribed in Giant are found, with a mysterious eye sigil in the key loop
>Warlord knows giant, reads aloud
>I do not remember the riddle fully, but I know I made two riddles that had the same answer so it wasn't a game of "try to read the DM's mind", and if they said the answer in conversation, it would activate
>It was optional, as I motion that they spot the open entrance into the fortress proper, and no locks for the entrance on it.
>Here's the riddle, and put the answer for it in the next post, have a go at it.
>On one side of the key "I look but don't blink, but with others of my kind I can take you to new heights",and the other side was the variation I am having trouble with remembering.
>Invoker tried to look it up online, I laugh
>Party accidentally mentions the answer whilst holding the key, it lights up, guides via ground light to a nook of fort walls, a secret door unlocked leads into a shortcut into the ruin (I did this because I wanted to skip parts of the dungeon I felt were unfair)
cont

>Party finds an intersection of routes, pick one, and discover an empty barracks with a pile of gold at the way end, the room worn with age with skeleton bits everywhere
>Warlord goes cowboy and runs in
>Almost gets downed first round when skeletons appear
>Cue the Swordmage, as I introduced him finding a small hole on top of the ruin, he jumped down and saved the day.
>More quick intros,pile into the next room
>After illusions, they find the throne room of the fort, and more cultists surrounding a blue cloaked figure near a neon sickly green portal, with treasure at the foot of the throne, Paladins notice he is using a crude holy symbol to channel something bad, something of great evil
>They down him, but not before the ritual completes, and a lich appears. Party shits pants
>The Lich's appearance triggers the collapse of the ruin, as the portal starts to flux and cause damage to the supports.
>Group nabs some loot from the throne, next to the lich, only surviving its turn because it critfailed attacks to them.
>escape out of the ruin as it collapses behind them
> Go back to the sacrificial plinth, when, sans the swordmage, all their memories come flooding back, the local swamp village they rested at here knocked them out and dumped them here as a sacrifice, possibly as sacrifices since they were non-humans
>After this, leader of the swamp village appears as they came to investigate the noise.
>Shardmind paladin snaps and proceeds to crit intimidate them into obeying him, threatening to kill them after kidnapping them earlier. They become leaders of the swamp platform village, with wooden ruts and straw houses
> After going to village to rest, Shardmind decides to look around the village, spots a shop and tries to vouch his position to get free items. Merchant is reluctant.
>Tries to steal something, fails. Shopkeep warns him. Fails again. He pulls a bow with a oiled arrow that he lights, warns once more.
>Fails again
cont, almost done

>Shopkeep fires a warning shot, aiming for the water outside, to scare him off
>Critfail, hits the straw shack
>oh no.jpg
Upon further recollection when writing this out, I do realize I did make a misnomer earlier with the title, that the party were not possible sociopaths (at least not all of them), because you see, they weren't that, but that they were literal typhoons of destruction and chaos wherever they went, and sometimes it wasn't of their own volition that this happened.
>Housing catches ablaze, and the platforms thereof
>Shardmind paladin runs to the group, who recouping after the ordeal of the ruin at the nicest house on the village platform
>Shardmind paladin busts in, saying they have to go, doesn't explain when asked
>armed men with bows rush out to try arrest them
>Party scrams and jacks a rowboat, Deva Cleric fires potshots back as they row away(he was the only person with a ranged weapon)
>party rows away as the village burns behind them

For brevity, I will list the carnage they did thereafter in the careers, ones where they did or were just in the presence of:
>Accidentally lead a blue dragon to the port city, burns down a library, they kill it
>After slaying a demonic lord at a port city, and miraculously killing a dreadnought, they ollied out of it once they heard the people of the swamp village were coming here as refugees. Political power vacuum occurs due to arguments over the refugees, later a religious uprising occurs with a crazed extremist.
>Accidentally lead a horrid monster back to a sanctuary village for monsterous races (think driders,pixies, minotaurs, destroys the place, they ollie out. Most survivors get hunted down by greedy adventurers, lucky more human-like ones survive in the sewers of other nearby cities
>Via wild magic, cause a meteor to cripple a city already being plagued by vampires.
and much more.

Thank you for reading this far, here's the answer to the riddle earlier
Stares/Stairs

I'm curious about what percentage of Veeky Forums is oldfags.

Not three or four year old fags, but "First day of Veeky Forums" oldfags.

It can't be more than 2%.

cap worthy.

>Be me
>Hanging out with da boyz
>Brother's haning out with us, brought my nephew
>no kids for him to play with
>he's just watching TV with us
>nephew's bored
>Suddenly, our DM in his narrator voice
>"You're all in a tavern, celebrating with the riches you've won from the goblins' camp."
>Diceless bullshitting about how much fun we're having
>DM asks nephew
>"What are you doing?"
>He thinks for a second, then says "I'm a dragon!"
>DM rolls with it
>Suddenly young white dragon bursts from the tavern floor
>We fight with lota PC kid friendly bants and "Have at you!"s
>Kid gets bored fighting, then insists he's a good dragon and we should team up
>Uncle user is a Cleric
"I cast Detect Evil!"
>Sure enough, dragonling is good
>The bartender is evil
"Fiend! You would kidnap a defenseless child?!"
>righteous fury.png
>DM rolls with it
>Bartender has a nasally rat voice and says he was using the dragon to chill his drinks
>Nephew is rolling with the giggles
>We kill the bartender and let the dragon go free

He's a bit young for the real game, but he wants to do it again next time he comes over.

>Old Man Henderson
We're never gonna get the full Eli Burning story...

Oh well. Here's one of my favorite caps.

Who are you? You seem pretty cool?

He's just the trip who posted Los Tiburon. Cool guy, not a BIG guy.

4u.

Los Tiburon was used in a series of one offs, and of varying levels. Mostly because we were switching systems at the time and I wanted to create some new characters. He never truly made it to epic, but he never needed to. His maximum level was 13 when he wrestled a vampire lord who may or may not have been Strahd.
Thread is not kill, muchacho! Life has kept me very busy as of late, and I'm gearing up for a productive holiday season of working, sleeping in my car, and getting married. Los Tiburon did acquire a love, both in and out of character.
I'm just a man in this world. A man who shared a story a very long time ago about heroes and what it means to be one.

It's still very late, but I can do a Director's Cut of Los Tiburon if you like.

a personal and heartfelt that is go out to anyone who has ever drawn Los Tiburon. Drawfriends are the best, and if you have ever drawn fanart know you brought me to joyous, MANLY tears.

Holy shit, it really is you.

I will not lie, my heart did sink, and I'm sorry it took me so long to reply.

I will say this as a relatively true oldfag veteran of both Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general: this board moves a lot slower than it used to. Which isn't a bad thing. I'm both happy and sad for the /qst/ split. On one hand, quest threads were ruining the board, and the split was needed. On the other hand, it is the quanitiy that bothers me. Quest threads were special, few and far between, but maybe I'm being too critical. The variety is amazing and it's still nice to see a community like this form around them.

You can also still come to Veeky Forums and discuss the weirdest shit, like a swarm of hornets vs plate armor. Though you probably can't find western giantess porn like you used to. The mods cracking down on NSFW did kill the spirit a little bit, but I suppose that it's unavoidable.

In your hearts, and on your back, muchacho.

I kind of know how you feel on this. One of my posts is in that cap I posted. Seeing my words immortalized...

Are you one of the old fags?

It's amazing, isn't it? This feeling that you've touched so many people. I've heard stories of how Los Tiburon was a god in some people's campaign and his mask is an artifact macguffin in others.

Los Tiburon is flattered, amigos! But I never set out to raise myself above other men. I seek to stand beside others and raise us all! One for all, and all for one!
I'm an oldfag. I've been here all summer.

Nah, I'm kidding. I used to not consider myself one, since I started browsing around '08, didn't really post outside much out of /b/ or so, but I did branch and found boards I enjoyed.

It may be but a fraction of what you feel, but it's still wonderful.

I need to restrain myself but this is really cool. You've done good work from what I've seen.

I haven't really done any work outside the original thread where Los Tiburon wrestled the monsters of old horror films. I did wrestle a vampire once! I'll greentext the story.

You know, I'm actually a little unsettled. Where's the people calling you shit? This is fucking Veeky Forums, this is extremely odd. You're pretty cool, but you can't be that universally beloved.

Nonsense.

Nonsense, this site is dying and old anons are a rarity. I'm just thankful there isn't more shitposts.

>level 13
>continue to wrestle across the land as a champion of justice, retribution, and joyousness
>fought several big names and genuinely begun changing the world for the better
>draw the ire of several members of organized crime
>publicly shame them
>learn more about their connections, local vampire lord has been running this racket for centuries
>local vampire lord uses sheer gold to control people
>literally spendevery gold piece I find on counter funding
>buy expensive property, pay workers to turn the buildings into art studios and schools
>generously donate to orphanage (I'm a sucker for that.)
>vampire lord becomes upset, kidnaps the kind headmistress to rile us up
>THIS WILL NOT STAND
>wrestle our way through undead hordes
>vampire lord has bought a small army of mercenaries
>proceed to sunder and disarm every single one of them with the promise I will pay them back tenfold
>continue uo to castle rooftop
>full moon, fight werewolf elite guards
>wolves hunt in packs
>they begin dropping my HP to critical levels
>may not be able to take this
>brilliance strikes me
>challenge the vampire lord to a mask on mask fight, a 1 on 1 duel
>if I win, he leaves this land in peace
>if he wins, he can unmask me in front of the whole town
>swear by the honor of my mask

Cont'd

Fair enough. I've been here about four years, I think, you?

Awesome.

>Nonsense, this site is dying
Well, what're you going to do about it?

A year now I think.

Try to lurk less and post more while retaining a neutral tone and trying not to spread cancerous content?

Newfag.

It was literally done in 3.5, brother. The actual argument at the table more or less was one of those "unusual usage of the rules"

The table had pretty much universally agreed that thus was my moment and to take it as far as I could go. I didn't actually want to at first, I didn't want to take away the fun of everyone else at the table.

So, I latch on and the dragon begins to drag me away. The DM was one who played the monsters as they would, and this was a Young Black Dragon. It didn't play fair.

I thought I was clever because I knew I could hold my breath for an extended period of time. In my haste, I completely forget that dragons are known for flying. DM tells me I can let go as a free action as it begins to break the surface.

By then, I was committed. Thus was my moment.

I trade blows with it back and forth, but it starts to mess me up with it's bite and breath, which the DM was ruling I couldn't evasion through because I didn't have the room while grappling it's back. I knew I wasn't going to make it any more than a few rounds, so it came to me to come up with an idea. I thought, "What would a true lucha do at this point? Finish the match as quickly as possible and go for the pin. But how?"

And that's when it hit me.

I leaned back and looked the DM dead in the eyes and said, "I roll to pin."

My argument was that since I'm not allowed to evade, I could turn the tables on the dragon. And since I was technically the one doing the grapple, I was still entitle to a pin roll. I wagered that if I succeeded, I would pin the dragon's wings in a rear naked choke, and if I failed, I would loosen my grip.

The DM agreed. And we rolled.

Totals were written, and it turns out I beat the dragon by one point and would be able to pin it for a full round, six seconds. We would decide after the fact that it was totally canon that our cleric, being a man of the law and rule, totally also gave Los Tiburon a three count on his way down.

Guilt as charged.

That's awesome.

Guilty*
I'll try.

Don't "try" to post to post more user, do post more.

I'm completely talking out of my ass here, but I think the reason this site and hell, even the world is way it is due to the fact that a lot of people want to do good things or change things for the better, but they don't.

What I'm trying to say here is that if you've got a thread that you to post on whatever board, post it. Worst case it dies with 3 responses but hey, least you tried and thats a lot more than a lotta people can say.

>vampire snootily agrees, welcoming the chance to kill Los Tiburon not only in body, but in spirit as well
>The party only consists of one of Los Tiburon's original companions, my brother, still playing a warforged fighter named Bell
>party encourages me to fight above table, and I withdraw The Dice, unused until this moment
>I nod to the DM, and tell him not to hold anything back
>he nods back
>The fight begins
>Los Tiburon fronts and taunts, sending kicks and lunges
>vampire withdraws a rapier and casts spells
>Los Tiburon dodges them
>vampire gets agitated, starts using vampire abilities
>take some damage, but am otherwise alright
>vampire plays dirty and hurled a poisoned knife at the kind headmistress
>Dios Mio!
>take the knife to the shoulder for her, fail poison save
>knees become weaker, Los Tiburon begins moving slower
>vampire taunts me, and begins striking me
>defend valiantly, manage to disarm and sunder
>"Your honor will be your downfall, hero!"
>have to come up with yet another plan
>make single unarmed strike when he gets within melee range
>NATURAL. FUCKING. TWENTY.
>Falcon Punch with righteous fury, gain free grapple, easily make grapple attempt
>vampire bites me and drains blood
>"You will die, Los Tiburon. If not today, then perhaps tomorrow. Perhaps in a year, perhaps in a decade, but you will die. Time will take you where I cannot. And what will you be, then? A corpse. A memory. A speck."
>all or nothing now
>bloody, battered, poisoned, and dying
>"I am Los Tiburon... And I am... A LUCHADOR!!!"
>roll to pin
>magic armbands take effect, nullifying spell like abilities on whatever I'm grappling with
>hold vampire in rear naked choke
>"The world is the judge to our fight! Tonight, I pin you to not the count of the judge, but to the sun itself!"
>even with his gaseous form blocked, sunrise is not for several hours
>tell the party to go, take the girl with them
>"Come back with the children. Let then see this sunrise."

cont'd

Hey man, just wanted to say thank you. It was because of your story and ones like it that I convinced some old friends to try out D&D, and it led to a few great years of nearly weekly gaming with a wide variety of people and systems. It revitalized my interest in the format, and has been a net positive impact on my life, in my opinion. Tons of great memories and terrific stories, and it's at least partially thanks to you! I wish you all the best, my friend.

f5ing like the fist of the north star
also glad to see another one of the old posters.

>Los Tiburon still browses Veeky Forums
>mfw I've probably called the man who inspired my orc boner a cuck
>mfw no face ashamed enough to post

>proceed to make several rolls for grappling, endurance, as the poison slowly takes effects
>Endurance kicks in
>wrestle for hours, trading insults and taunts
>I'm beginning to fail some critical rolls, start losing more health
>diehard kicks in as party arrives with the entire town arrives
>entire table is losing their shit, even DM is on the edge of his seat
>sun begins to rise
>Los Tiburon smiles widely as the sun's beams shine on a new day, free of just a little more tyranny
>vampire turns to ash, bringing Los Tiburon to lay back, and close his eyes for a long deserved rest, just as party scrambles to the to the top
>
>
>
>HP: -9
>Bell bangs his shield twice, and a cleric bring a me back to positive HP
>Our wizard casts prestidigitation to create some special effects and a spell to amplify his voice
>"And the winner, by knockout! LOS TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
>high fives all around
>Our party's player from Mexico removes a dollar from his wallet and slaps it on the table

And that was how I made it to level 14.

I still have that dollar to this day, per lucha tradition.

Nice to see the thread picked up a bit.
You could always visit the Veeky Forums discord server too.

Thank you. I mean it. It's so awesome I've impacted people this much. I say it a lot, but I'm happy to have really done some good.

I think one of the most amazing things is that the RPG Imaginarium guys who did this: youtu.be/7KPVC77FwYA also translated it to Spanish, so it can be told in its native language. With any luck, an aspiring wrestler will hear the take and take up the mantle as El Tiburon. and then I will ascend to a heavenly form, having breached the veil into reality and memes myself into existence
Don't be ashamed, I've shitposted alongside you as well. It's part of the fun. What I love the most about Veeky Forums is that you are judged by the content of your post. You post good shit, we post shit you might like. You post bullshit, we call you a faggot and use reaction images. My secret weakness is Loss Edits. I laugh every fucking time, especially if they're good.
This man speaks truth. Shitposting is fine, but always do what you do for the benefit of the community. I think Hiroyuki is doing a good job, at least as good as king shit of TURD MOUNTAIN he can

I've needed a wonderful excuse to use discord more often and I can think of several worse reasons. What's the channel?

Not them, but here you go.
discord.gg/jWkr7U

If I can give you a word of warning, everything containing users from Veeky Forums other than Veeky Forums itself is almost always shit.

>Just as Waffle House Millionaire (Old Man Henderson) has come and graced us all with his presence
He has?

Whatever you say anons, this is the most I've posted in months.

Glorious

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

If you wish to see positive discussion take place, you must create it. Veeky Forums is a haven, but it one we must constantly protect and upkeep on.

Just remember, internet is not srs bzns. Have fun. As long as there is still fun to be had in Veeky Forums, thus place will thrive for years to come.

Is the Hero of the Spiderwoods coming back?

Did you ever finish your Katawa Shoujo writefag stuff on /a/? Did it have an actual ending, or did it just peter out? This is Captain Niggawatts, by the way.

This thread gave me a serious case of the feels. I've missed out on so much.

what's your id nigga

>It was literally done in 3.5, brother.

With house rules/dm fiat. Which is fine. But it's worth acknowledging that this isn't possible by RAW.

This is pretty much true of every lulzy D&D story. Which again is fine, though I do prefer stories where players managed to do awesome things while following the game rules rather than mother may I.

I remember my first DnD game I ever DM'd. The cast of the game was pretty memorable, even if the plot was not. We had a merry band of reprobates including the following:
>Father Furin Sten
Dwarven cleric, exiled from his homelands. Player was a shifty bastard who usually played rogues, and decided early on he didn't actually want to play a cleric anymore, but refused to just leave until Father Sten died. Problem is, Father Sten was virtually indestructible. Between his battle plate, bigass tower shield, and the ludicrous buffs he amassed in the form of cleric spells, he became progressively more and more invulnerable.
>Eben
Pretty bog standard desert dwelling half elf fighter. Planned to rejoin his old mercenary crew and tame a sandworm for the worm rider prestige class from the desert splatbook. Played by a good natured man with a pitch black sense of humor, and it showed.
>Elvira
Elven wizard...necromancy focused. Did it for the science, not the evil, and was constantly at "good natured" odds with the cleric. Chick played by a slightly weird androgynous dude, but was the party's magical support so what can you do?
>Maurisius Flameblight
This motherfucker right here. Human warmage, pyromancy focused. LG, the driving motivator behind the early plot, played by a guy with tourettes. During chargen, I made the joke to him that he should give his warmage tourettes as well. He thought it was a funny idea, and the rest of the party ran with it. I warned him that since his tics were physical as well as verbal, he'd have a small (~1%) chance to cast a random spell when it happened, and all his tics out of character were also in character. The fools agreed.

It was all fun and games. They started in a city, a building burned down and it was discovered it was an automaton that did it. So the party gets tasked with finding the source and dealing with it. Some basic investigations happen, and they find they need to leave town to head to a trading post a couple days away where reports of strange noises and smoke are coming from. They ride out, and while they're in town warmage buddy has a couple spaz moments where he starts flapping his hands around screeching. I roll the miscast chance, everybody gets a chuckle, it's all cool.

So they hit the road in high spirits, encounter some other travelers, have a scuffle with a petty thief, nothing serious. Then the warmage starts twitching. Its like watching a volcano about to erupt, really. You can see when his brain is going haywire. He starts vomiting out nonsense in this high pitched, squeaky voice we've come to associate with his tourettes, and I make my roll.

>Miscast chance - 1%
>Roll on d% - 1

"Warmage, lemme see your spell list"

I start thumbing through, figuring out how I'm gonna do this. End up rando-rolling spell level, and the rolling spell. Meanwhile the warmage player starts to realize what's about to happen, but the rest of the party is oblivious.

One flame burst later everyone is screaming and on fire. The horses are ready for the glue factory, and everybody now knows the error of their ways. Only person not really bothered is the cleric, who has more HP than even the fighter.

Nobody laughed at the tourettes mage anymore. The cleric stood next to him for the rest of the game, ready to flying jesus onto him like he were a fuckin grenade every time he got twitchy. Damn near got killed a couple times to it, along with half a village when he nearly gassed them like the jews with cloudkill.

Once I'm back from work I might throw out a little more. For now I gotta bail.

Did you have a stroke, my dude?
That post makes no sense.