Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Phone posting, edition.

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/19/coming-soon-new-battleforces-christmas-chapter-approved-new-varnish/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=pHBiANRAsy4 [Open]

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

rate/criticize my list faggots

2k brigade+SHA
Vostroyans doctrine
2 company commanders, 1 with kurovs aquila
1 primaris psyker

4 Infantry squads with heavy bolters
2 infantry squads with lascannons

2 platoon commanders
1 salamander command vehicle
1 tech priest enginseer
2 squads of shotty veterans with 3 meltas

3 lascannon scout sentinels

2 defense searchlights
2 Wyverns with heavy stubbers

Hellhammer with 4 heavy Bolter lascannon sponsons

3 Gryphonne Chimeras(Heavy bolters+storm bolter)

>Chaos shows up and shits up the place
>Tau develop some Anti Warp Chaoscontrol Wunderwaffe
>Use it to repel Chaos and then start a new Sphere Expansion that takes worlds that are caught up in the rifts or something
I'm guessing this is how it'll go

posting a link to my list since I got no replies last thread while people argued about that one black library author who loves multilasers or something

also is there anything else I need to play Dark Angels in 8th aside from the core rules and the Imperium 1 index? They don't have a codex yet right?

dark angel codex is out in like 2 weeks

Don't forget the convenient 4th sphere plot thread

You know, technically Admech already have one of those, a bomb that can shuffle warp storms around to wherever the carrying fleet or other fleets in the system came from and can be built on ships. Torquora destroyed the one STC copy he knew of because he was an idiot who thought it was too dangerous (because a Forge World accidentally warpstormed themselves to death thinking it was a pure Warp-b-gone bomb) but if you could find another copy you could conceivably shuffle and overlap areas of the Great Rift to open valid travel paths of perfectly calm warp and drop warpstorms on enemy worlds.

That would actually make for a cool Your Dudes Admech fleet, a nomadic Ordo Reductor War Covenant stitching the ravaged flesh of the Imperium back together with warp-canals, assailed by Chaos during the course of their duties. Use Agripinaa tactics for fluffy Deny strat.

I’ve been reading the tyranid codex, in perticular spore mine stuff and am I mistaken but are spores really overpowered now?

Reading it, you don’t actually need to charge to explode, just get within 3”. They drop more than 12” behind los blockers and move 3” next turn, I play kraken so I double my roll so on a 4+ I get within explosion range.
Big spores can safely use metabolic overdrive to move 6+2d6 a turn and explode.

They have fly so they ignore terrain, flying over chaff units to get at valuable stuff.
10 points for an under powered smite and 20 points for a smite, all one use.

So my friend is building Greyknights, and stocking up on cheesy characters. How would I go about countering that? He has -

Voldus,
Crowe,
Draigo,
3x Grandmasters in Nemesis Dreadknights
a bunch of purifiers and assorted terminators.

I run Blood Angels, should I just overwhelm him with Melta / Plasma? Stormravens? Never fought Greyknights but the amount of psychic and smite spam kind of scares me.

You do need to succeed the charge to move.

Are Exarchs free?

Theres a reason people force their biovores to miss by putting them outside synapse.

The deny strat is Graia. Agripinaa is the servitor strat.

Does nurgles gift stack.
Like you have two units fighting the same dudes.

That’s what I’m saying, you can just use stratagems to advance them in to range.

GKs are among the games weakest armies.
Use your regular list you would use to take on big things.

the wording on Brood Brothers is confusing me. Am I allowed to take a GENESTEALER CULT detachment, ASTRA MILITARUM detachment, and TYRANID detachment together?

Oh yeah that'll work, if you want to spend the CP.

Yes but their wargear isn't if you want it.
Also they cost the unit and normal gear price.

Oh, yeah. I assumed that the Forge World fighting Chaos in the Eye of Terror would be the anti-Chaos one, but that works too. You also get that sweet, sweet +1CP relic.

Rate my Eldar Soup NOT YNARRI list.

Craftworld Battalion Detachment +3CP

Warlord Trait: +2 Movement.

HQ

Farseer; Witchblade, Shuriken Pistol, Faolchu's Wing [Doom + Executioner] - 100pts WARLORD

Shadowseer; Shuriken Pistol [Twilight Pathways] - 134pts

Troupe Master; Caress, Shuriken Pistol - 68pts

Troops

5 Troupe; 3 Fusion Pistol + Embrace, 2 Shuriken Pistol + Blade - 122pts

Elites

Solitaire - 117pts

5 Mandrake - 95pts

Heavy Support

Ravager; 3 Disintegrator Cannon - 185pts

Fast Attack

5 Scourge; 4 Blaster, 1 Agoniser - 134pts

5 Scourge; 4 Blaster, 1 Agoniser - 134pts

Dedicated Transport

Starweaver - 99pts

Starweaver - 99pts

Starweaver - 99pts

Honestly they're pretty useless, just like most sources of mortal wounds. Their main use is creating tiny chaff units that your opponent overreacts to.

Oh boy here we go.

ADB's posts and Laurie Goulding's recent interview.

>with things like the Tyranid dex vs recent books

That's just in your head.

That’s why I’m asking.
I spend 40 points and 1cp to zoom two spores past the other guys lines and do 2d3 mortal wounds to, let’s say a predator, without giving him any real way to counter this.
is it worth it?

Isn't awful but it does rely on the spores being safe on the drop turn.

Yes, but it takes three detachments to do it.

That might seem weird considering you already have some imperial guard units (leman russ etc) but those units keep both genestealer cult and tyranid faction words, which means they can be targeted by certain Tyranid-only effects like Catalyst at the cost of not being targeted by guard regiment effects.

Of course, both guard and nids can make very small cheap detachments if necessary.

How is it just in my head? Do you not remember anything? Are you an amnesiac when it's convenient for you?

Make separate detachments. You're shooting yourself in the foot by missing out on all the Craftworld traits/stratagems.

Yeah, because the dex doesn't go against what's in the new book that just came out.

Put your seer on a bike, then he doesnt need the +2 movment trait, and he gets +1 T and W

Both of you fuck off and come back when you aren't salty autists

>multi-tactics cancer
Take your vile WAACery and go

Surely a stupid question, but you can't bring a titan with IG if they are allied to GSC, right?

You cant no. shame really
>genestealer knight
>genestealer warhound

Geedubs put a Christmas card in my order and now I feel special.

You ignore the IMPERIAL keyword on the IG detachment when bringing them as Brood Brothers.

Carnac's always going to be a salty autist because people don't want to accept his shitty fluff that ruins settings.

I dont own any other craftworld models, hes there purely for the Doom. Also I should have said the parent detachment is Craftworld, so I still get the traits.

Id have to lose 35 points somewhere, not sure the sacrifice would be worth it to gain a bit of toughness on him when hes just an aggressive psyker.

I only ask because it would have been an amazing addition to my army that salvages whatever equipment they can pick up from the battlefield and re-purpose it

And ofcourse, by still get the traits, i mean i still get the Stratagems.

If you have any non craftworld units it's not a craftworld detachment.

What do Craftworld Eldar do about missing limbs?Wraithbone Prosthetics?

i know
no more knight house mortimer armies.

There is no such thing as a parent detachment. It's either all or nothing.

>Wraithbone Prosthetics

Exactly.

I see! Learn something new every day. I take it an auxiliary detachment wouldnt provide the stratagems either? or that the Farseer being in there cant be a Warlord.

Kinda uproots my Doom Disintegrator strategy completely, which sucks because i fucking hate randomised damage.

Easiest way is a supreme command with a farseer and some warlocks.

Yeah, i've got a bonesinger, warlock and autarch form the Made to Order coming Soon i guess so ill have to free up space for them. Does mean I can run another troupe Master in the battallion i guess but i'll definitely have to drop my Mandrakes.

Hes you warlord so hes worth at least 1vp, and possibly multiple depending on your malestrom draws. Protect him

Wait til you see the sporocyst

anyone got a link for Tallarn epub?

What is this from?

It's funny how they didn't bother to fix the gun and just let it spawn mines.

Why do you play /yourdudes/ tg

How Do you mean?

What happened to everyone saying that Nids were going to be overpowered? They still absolutely suck.

Totally BTFO some nidcuck I played with my chads. His swarmlord failed to kill even 1 thunder hammer terminator in 3 rounds of combat and they slowly killed all his tyrant guard, a broodlord that charged in and failed to help as well as the swarmlord himself.

He deep struck his trygon , I used the intercept stratagem and killed it with 5 hellblasters. His devourer gaunts then failed miserably to even kill one chad and were picked apart by interceptors.

His two blobs of catalyst gene stealers charged me first turn, but just ate overwatch , killed a few aggressors then died to return fire.

His mawloc killed like a couple of models then died to hellblasters..

It was really a joke. I tabled him with 75% of my army left.

Did cruddace write this codex too? When will nids get the love they need?

Cuz their better than your dudes.

epic I believe.

Instead of making its spore node actually have a range in which it can actually use it they let it spawn mines.

I JUST REALIZED
SYMBOL OF NURGLE

IS A FIDGET SPINNER

SYMBOL OF NURGLE = FIDGET SPINNER

>1 battle means the dex iscrap
This is bait

Alright, in that case is it worth taking

Farseer Skyrunner
Warlock Skyrunner
Warlock Skyrunner

for 275pts? Not sure what Warlock powers are decent or if i need them on jetbikes to keep up with the rest of the army or whether they can just chill. Also im guessing its not worth going Alaitoc as theyre characters, so whats the best Trait to take in the supreme command?

The gun has an 8 inch range though? You can only target things within your guns range

How would you go about making Arbites for Necromunda?

> Better stats due to proper training
> Decent standard weapons but relatively mediocre special weapons due to them being government issue

No

The spore node is garbage as the opponent has to deliberately walk into range as it can't even deep strike and shoot.

model has a special rule saying you can fire at models within 1", so you can fire into combat after you get charged, even if you can't use it for overwatch

and it's a 2/3 chance of missing and making more mines

>Decent standard weapons but relatively mediocre special weapons due to them being government issue
Arbites are better armed than a lot of Guard regiments user.

>using a mawloc
>using a trygon

Many reasons.

Duke Sliscus is a boss, always included him in my lists even as basic archon, even when the archon is basically an expensive blaster caddy.
Best aesthetics of any army, raiders ravagers and kabalites are awesome looking, best looking flyers and 3 different flavours of models within the army of which i love all of them.
Every fucker else in my group of 12 has quit their xenos if they played them, now its just my poor dark eldar vs 11 flavours of Space Marine. Someone has to keep up the fight for the xenos.

Pls no.

Shotguns with special ammo, bolters and bolt pistols as standard issue, shock mauls, flamers, grenade launchers.

But that's dumb. All the enemy has to do is walk around it with its shit ranged gun. Why would they charge it?

Techincally it can't shoot at units that are within 1", it just isn't prevented from shooting other units.

Trygons are good if behemoth with glands. 7str 7 attacks , ap -3,dam3 is pretty good

Cyber Mastiffs, Carapace Armour, Personal Armoured Transports, Light Air Support (precinct dependent) PDF Requisitioning

Warlock have but one purpose - if he is within 9 he does his sub-smite and deals a mortal wound, if he is not then you use quicken to move someone.

And he wounds on 2s in melee with 1 attack... yea...

You deepstrike it onto a midfield objective before turn one, creating area denial for enemy deepstrikers. You deepstrike it onto a side objective where it won't be bothered. Either way you shit out spore mines every turn until it's killed.

It's a 104 point interference unit and it's good at that job

it b

I thought it would be cool to have a lot of options for customizing the lore and fluff of my army, so I went with Space Marines so I could design my own chapter.

You'll never use that gun, but the codex gave it a rule that allows it to spawn 3 spore mines or 1 mucolid each turn without limitations.

It's very good for causing trouble.

Because it it's been sitting on an objective since before turn 1. It doesn't have obsec so sometimes you want to go close. Also 5 deathspitters even at BS5+ are nothing to sneeze at.

>Swarmlord couldn't breach a 3++ in 3 rounds

Yeah that happens when you refuse to roll 1 or 2.

Considering the swarmlord also does mortal wounds it means an abysmal luck with not rolling a single 6 to wound

In my list the only craftworld stuff i have is the farseer and now 2 warlocks, only 1 can quicken so what do i do?

Because a small horde of cyborgs backed up by big guns appeals to me.

Give the other one Protect/Jinx

I'm not sure you know what Waac means.
But I'm sure you get angry when your friend wins a game.

Apparently the Nid player also forgot the Swarmlord (and Broodlord?) can cast Smite.

Enforcers are the ones that could be less equipped than a shitty PDF.

Technically the word Arbiters is used for both the space cops and the local planetary cops, but for understanding each other sake, call local cops Enforcers.

Revised Non Ynarri 2000pts List

Craftworld Supreme Command +1CP

Farseer Skyrunner - 135pts [Doom + Execute]
Warlock - 35pts
Warlock - 35pts

Deldar Spearhead +1CP

HQ

Haemonculus; Electro Whip, Crucible - 83pts

Fast Attack

5 Scourge; 4 Blaster, 1 Shardcarbine - 130pts
5 Scourge; 4 Blaster, 1 Shardcarbine - 130pts

Heavy Support

Harlequin Battallion +3CP

HQ

Troupe Master; Fusion Pistol, Caress - 77pts

Troops

5 Troupe; 3 Fusion Pistol + Embrace, 2 Shuriken + Blade - 122pts

Dedicated Transport

Starweaver - 99pts
Starweaver - 99pts
Starweaver - 99pts

100PL / 2000pts, 8CP

No idea what powers to take on the Warlocks for maximum effect, whom to have as Warlord or what Warlord trait to take or what craftworld the Detachment should be, or what relic to take. Sad to have lost my Solitaire and Mandrakes.

Advice welcome!

If you wanted to start a guard regiment that employed militarum tempestus and vehicles heavily, where would you start tee gee

I would too if I had a customer who bought a defensive line box instead of making one themselves

Probably a scion start collecting box.

>GSCB is Asian

chad knight with campaign banner vs virgin hawkwood squire

I kinda want to model an autarch with obvious wraithbone prosthetics now.

I love Scourges, but they seem to just be one unit. Would there be any decent way to do a small army as a scourge pack they way you could do a wych cult army?

Space Cop special rule: Tums Festival
Acid-based weapons have no effect on Space Cop

If I remember correctly, they were more powerful, but could only deploy 5 models at a time.