Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Kor'Vattra edition

>Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/19/coming-soon-new-battleforces-christmas-chapter-approved-new-varnish/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=pHBiANRAsy4

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1hq4B5Apm8IVic-xu_VE8rgF2vSrwIJTmz2rmqtzwxrw/edit#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>See! This means Machine Spirits CAN'T be explained away as simply a incompetent and deified interpretation of poorly programmed or deteriorating AI! It's simply impossible!

Second for best legion

Blood Angels are the best Chapter and will never, ever, be red Ultramarines.

Did "The Devastation of Baal" show up via epub format?

I have some orks left i want to ebay off.
Should i wait for the codex to come out? So the waacfags bid it high or do you think it will no make no difference

Are deathspitting, swordwielding, adrenal glands warriors worth it?
I like the warrior model and I want to run a couple of units of maybe 4-5 warriors.

Will I just piss away the points when I could've had stealers of fexes?

The lore straight up says AdMech don't use AI anymore, they know exactly what it is and avoid and prosecute it because it destroyed human civilization.

Machine spirits are the answer to that, an even more advanced solution that blends sorcery with science, something the T'au don't know how to do because they're still a bluepilled young race that thinks that "magic and superstition" are fake and the universe is logical and scientific, in a setting where literal gods and daemons and sorcery OBJECTIVELY exists.

They are still created a different way than standard, and are half organic and may or may not have a soul depending on the priest you ask.

I always thought machine spirit were just a mechanicum myth to explain thing that they didn't really knew.
I mean, considering that even weapons are supposed to have machine spirits, I thought the whole idea of appeasing the machine spirit was just a ritual of maintenance that the admech took way too seriously.

They will. It's just a time before the black rage and red thirst dissapear when all normal marines are replace with primaris.
Guilliman is not going to allow chapters with strong cultures to stay in his way towards dominance

I always thought the machine spirits started as simple automatic systems but the imperium's belief in them caused them to begin manifesting as actual spirits due to the warp

How can a power armour be half organic?

>Great Shame in the Past
>Still not so retarded that they had to nuke their own planet
>Penal Legion that consists of the favored, ie. first sons instead of breeding-tube rejects
>Accomplish as much if not more than the endless suicide marchers of Krieg
>Seek out the Emperor's foes on the most gruelling and dangerous battlefields, read: Cities, Tundra and cities in the winter instead of shitting in a trench and dying like a cyкa
>Handcrafted, lovingly maintained equip instead of loveless handmedowns
>Bitching facial hair instead of radiationsick smoothchins
Literally you but better

Firstborn children, not first born sons

The power armor isn't the machine spirit is though as the cpu is literally a chunk human brain.

Giv Plastic Noise Marines.

A computer with organic components is still a computer, Excel running on it is still Excel.
Machine Spirits are just shackled, more controlled AI and most of the rites surrounding them do have a purpose, like everything in 40k.

Our girls are cuter

>56534260

If you get into the Vostroyan Firstborn, you grow a moustache and become a son, no matter if you have a cunt or not. What are you, some slackjawed Elysian?

>Slavs
No, Krieg is better

"Machine spirit" is a theological concept that every machine has it's own soul. In practice it refers to everthing from superstition that your gun has it's own personality, through simple automated processes all the way up to machines with bits of vat grown or convict-farmed brain tissue in them, and even low level AI that is excused as just a particularly active machine spirit.

Well, thats the first good reply I've gotten so I'll take it

Wait until you see her in a tracksuit

In Thousand Sons they explain that even the simple bolter develops a machime spirit over time. It's just a warp signiture that attaches it's self to any contraption that been in use for a period of time. Sometimes they literally gain sentience or turn evil.

There are better slavs too.

Wouldn't taking the strongest humans out of the gene pool by making them Astartes cause natural selection to gradually select for weaker humans on recruiting worlds?

Being strong is only half of it sometime you don't meet the genetic requirements.

Tfw no slag gf

They have children before becoming marine.

Alternatively, they only pull the best specimans from the ones with an autismal retard strength.

A simple bolter is still the life's work of a master artisan with his own bunch of Servitors and Serfs taking care of it and god fucking knows what kind of auxiliary systems implemented. Knowing GW, it's basically the Lawgiver but on skulls

docs.google.com/document/d/1hq4B5Apm8IVic-xu_VE8rgF2vSrwIJTmz2rmqtzwxrw/edit#

drafting some campaign rules

Females in a Krieg regiment is hard to swallow.
I don't know, it's hard to think in skinny armed girls fighting in trenches.

Sons are conscripted, daughters can opt-out because they need to breed the next generation of Vostroyans.

I'm not sure if opting out means that your younger brother is conscripted? Probably, it's more Grimdark that way.

Am i being stupid, thinking this would be fun to play?
>HQ
Swarmlord - 300

>Troops
30x Hormagaunts - 150
30x Hormagaunts - 150
3x Rippers - 33

>Elite
3x Tyrant Guard: Crushing Claws - 147

>Heavy
2x Carnifex: Thresher Scythe, Tusks, Cysts - 214
994/1000

Well since GW is a family friendly business they cant make it public knowledge that before a candidate is chemically castrated as part of the process they get to fuck a hundred women pregnant to strengthen the planet.

>They have children before becoming marine.
>common recruiting age is around 10-12

Back in 30k they were the cheaper alternitive standard marine weapon. Don't know if Black Library accepts that as cannon however.

You werent busting nuts at 10 years old user?

>wear armor so long it gains a soul
Thats honestly pretty cool

>daughters can opt-out
Considering how much of an honer it is to be conscripted for them why would they?

>They have children before becoming marine.
Recruits are generally selected pre puberty.

Astartes have several recruitment worlds and generally only show up every few generations and only take some. Some chapters also take from worlds they fight on, instead of having regular recruitment worlds.
Either way, the impact is negligible. Consider that on most worlds, there are millions to billions of humans and recruitment will, at most, take a few hundred and that's staking it really high. A few hundred every fifty to hundred years is nothing.

Because only Vostroyan women can make Vostroyan warriors.

Will I get branded as a meme Pepe alt-right maga Alex Jones shill pol kekistan shitposter if I ask what you guys think of the 40kfeminism Facebook group ?

I live in a European country far removed from the 40k "scene" and it's even being brought up here along other similar topics.

Are we under "attack" is newGW going to succumb to progressive pressure?

I'm hoping you have more insight than my omega3 starved potato brained countrymen

Thank you

Hard to do when you are at the gym 24/7 to get the gains necessary to become a marine.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I like this setting. Even thoigh it's a scifi, there's room for dungeon crawling and magic items.

Used to be that girls just volunteered, new lore states that everyone's firstborn child is straight up conscripted

Not really. Astartes recruit from many different worlds and since most them follow the Codex Astartes it means that only a handful of recruits are taken.
500 children taken to replenish the loses of a chapter are rarely much relevant. Even in death worlds it's not really that much

It's more fantasy is space that sci-fi.

There is a lot of women on a hive world and getting rid of the firtborn ones will do nothing to that.

Women dont care enough about little plastic toys for it to be an issue. It's just a meme and will blowover eventually

It's fantasy in space, not sci fi.

Ynnari is dead?

The lore straight up says a lot of shit that doesn't add up. At one point Squats were common, then they were gone, then they were nommed, then they were Tau client races, then they were slightly nommed. Tau has a story about how Longstrike headshot a titan at Taros, but the Taros campaign had 4 titans, and only one was lost to enemy action, and it wasn't killed by a hammerhead, but by a tigershark.

AdMech have a history of reclaiming old technology AND defying the Imperium's many other mandates as well as deifying technology that they don't understand through the Machine God religion. Their order and the AI of the men of iron are both old enough that no sane individual has survived from then to actually know what the MoI were. They are integrated with their technology, and their technology also canonically goes insane. You point at Tau not having psykers, but forget that AdMech has no psykers, either.

There's a canon story where a Magos straight up decides that Tau rail rifles have tortured machine spirits literally because the weapons make a high-pitched noise when fired.

You can call it what you want, but a piece of software or wetware that performs computational, control, and decision making tasks is an AI. This is all basic Asimov. The fact that you can't put 2 and 2 together and take shit at literal face value doesn't make you a lore expert, but rather an idiot.

Sci Fa.

It's definitely a hybrid but it does push a lot of the same tropes other scifi's push.

Dont start with this, you'll only make /pol/aks shit up the thread

Probably, women don't care about warhammer, but beta soyboys who try to impress them by acting gallantly do.

Well that is canon.

>You point at Tau not having psykers, but forget that AdMech has no psykers, either.
What? AdMech is part of the Imperium, they have a fuckton of psykers. Just because the tabletop forces don't have a Psyker unit yet because they're a relatively new addition doesn't mean they don't have them in the lore.

>t. incel

It's a pride thing dude, how do you not get that?

If Gulliman had instead said "Once a marine chapter reaches 2000 men it must divide into two chapters" would there be a lot more marines in the galaxy today?

>Women dont care enough about little plastic toys
Okay, ill go look for another hobby then...

Name one AdMech psyker.

And Psykers kidnapped so that their brains could be sewn into a navigation system don't count.

he can tell that to russ when he returns, see what the emperors executioner thinks about robot gorrilamans homogenisation of his chapter

Before you go, what army did you play?

Man, can't wait for Lion to returns and calls him out on his shit. Sanguinius is just too nice for that.

>but forget that AdMech has no psykers, either.
There is nothing to suggest that they don't, whether or not they do depends on if the black ships have jurisdiction on forge worlds. If they don't then that means the Admech has them and probably uses them for their own unique unit that will come out next year from GW.

Yeah, fuck off.

kys

there's more to life than pride. These women would make good broodmothers, you need breeders so they'd be dissuaded from joining

True.

No. There's no cap on how many Chapters are allowed to be made, only how many Battle-Brothers are allowed in a Chapter, and even that is completely impossible to enforce and there are multitudes of Chapters that just ignore it entirely. It's a guideline, not a law.

obviously Tau, since I post anime girls ._.

I think Japan had a belief similar

there are always exceptions to the rules and I also bet you aren't a crazy feminazi

>poor babby incels feefees are hurt

It sounds similar to various gremlin myths, yes.

No see, chapters are strongly discouraged from recruiting over 1000. Oh sure, you can intentionally found a new chapter, but that's a very different beast from being forced to by your agressive recruiting practices.

There aren't many named AdMech characters to begin with. That doesn't mean they don't have Psykers. Humanity is a psychic race, without an actual hard piece of evidence written down that says, inarguably, AdMech don't have Psykers, then they do.

Nobody gives a shit about 40kfeminism.

the dark angels contacted guiliman and said they were gonna keep their ravenwing and deathwing organisation, guilimans response was essentially "kay"

The Imperium is the weebiest army in the fiction, followed by Eldar, and then Tau, in that order.

The user I first addressed said that
>Considering how much of an honor it is to be conscripted for them why would they?

In reference them to opting out of conscription. I'm pointing out there's pride and honor to be had in making more warriors.

If Russ got a problem with that then he should had stay and lead his chapter instead of fuck off to some hellscape shithole.

yet, that's what we said about other feminist movements, but they goow like a cancer if left unchecked. gotta nip this shit in the bud

>These women would make good broodmothers, you need breeders so they'd be dissuaded from joining
Considering that vostroya is an industrial world with a sparce population already in order to meet need multiple kids would be encouraged thus odds are most families has at least 3 kids thus losing one daughter to conscription is fine if you got 2 more on the way.

>Are we under "attack"
Yes.
> is newGW going to succumb to progressive pressure?
Presumably no. Since 95% of their customer base and employees are white men who don't really give a shit. However do expect to see GW make a greater effort to represent female and non-white characters in places which they should logically be present in the future.

seems to me he is the potato brained one if he thinks people care about a fucking facebook group anyway

t. Incel

Why would I?
If I wanted female minis, i'd just greenstuff on some tits and swap the head.

>Not a single documented case
>Pfffft I don't need to read between the lines it's totally possible!

At yet we're all here.

>No see, chapters are strongly discouraged from recruiting over 1000.
Yes. But it's not enforced. The Codexes even say it would be impossible to enforce even if the High Lords wanted to, they kind of just assume most Chapter Masters stick to the honour system and do what the Codex Astartes says because they're uncreative indoctrinated killing machines who trust religiously in written doctrine - but there are plenty of exceptions. Space Wolves, Salamanders, Black Templars, Iron Hands, etc.

Exactly, you're one of the smart/reasonable ones. Most of these people making the most noise don't even play/collect the hobby.

>Russ returns
>Brofists Robot and sanctions everything he has done
>Lion shows up
>Stands with his back to everyone and silently nods his agreement
>Clouds part
>Sanguinius gives a big, golden thumbs up
Imagine the butthurt of the traditionalists

>greenstuff on some tits
Honestly, slimming down the shoulderwidth and a headswap is probably easier.

yeah fuck off with that

Flopping to the polar opposite of an annoying extreme view doesn't do shit to weaken it, it just spawns a second group of annoying extreme-viewed morons feeding off one another.