MTG Unstable Spoilers

Unplaneswalker edition

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14448513/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's cool I guess, but it kinda sucks that the card will become unusable as soon as WotC overhauls their servers again.

oh lord.

I wish the website was up.

>Head to AskUrza.com
>Head

Finally an Urza planeswalker. Now these stupid fucks will shut up.

>404 page does not exist
Deepest lore

Every token in Unstable, including both sides of the full art ones

Kinda bummed they just reprinted art for some of them, I would've loved some goofy elemental tokens

I totally want that construct now, fuck. I loved Howl's Moving Castle

>that storm crow
I chuckled.

the point was that those tokens are gettig printed with full-art backs just to be pretty for black border folks, like the lands.

rip

Couldn't have asked for a crazier planeswalker.

?

>howl's moving castle
get out

How expensive will the singles be for this set?

Like, I want to buy a single copy of everything and cube it, but will it be better to just buy a booster box for multiple copies of full-art lands and tokens? Sell off the tokens and lands for the missing singles afterwards

Not counting the lands, barely anything will get higher than 5 bucks since none of the cards are tournament legal

this is heading straight into my urza theme deck

not much, the value shall be in lands and tokens mostly.
1 of everything is probably gonna cost you less than you would expect.

The bottom part of the construct is a reference to Howl's Moving Castle

card kingdom is taking preorders and everything is less than 2$ except for lands.

>Urza is Powering up. Check back December 8th!

Cool, so I can bring along a pouch of lego heads for this to go with my lego arms for Handy Dandy Clone Machine.

honestly I wish magic art made goofy common in black-border, modern magic art is so fucking boring

>lego arms
That doesn't work. Read the card.

any idea what the lands will be going for? Considering buying a box just for them if the boxes are cheap

I just checked conspiracy-type cards for comparison. No conspiracy cards go higher than 0.50$.

I really hope unstable doesn't catch on as a legitimate format so I can scoop up everything cheap but at the same time, I really want to give un-commander a shot

>the point was that those tokens are gettig printed with full-art backs just to be pretty for black border folks, like the lands.

Yah I get that, but I wanna play grixis in legacy with a bunch of goofy full art elemental tokens. That goat one is hilarious

it specifies your head and MaRo specified that you need live attached hands for the other card (not necessarily yours)

preorder on card kingdom is 2.5 to 3.5 depending on which one

this card is going to expire like when urzashottub was taken down, good job wizards

You can just write down all the potential effects for each ability and make a die roll or something for each potential outcome

Conspiracy-typed cards aren't used in Casual Commander
I expect some Unstable Legendaries to get relatively high for illegal cards because of Uncommander

(Captcha: Library Extra)

The RAW card just says unique hand with two fingers, so a toy hand with two fingers works. Maro clarified RAI yesterday that it's supposed to be living, human hands. Like, I get it, but I think he made the wrong call there.

Very likely, it will pull random effects, and someone would be able to just keep clicking enough times to produce a table that people can later roll on.

No, he didn't autismo. Get some friends and try to have fun.

>I think he made the wrong call there.
while the idea of churning out tiny hand tokens is cute, i think the goal of the design was to be more in line with spirit mirror than volrath's laboratory or something, and from that perspective it makes sense.

I'm expecting this as well, but I'll wait and see.
Cards like Mary O'Kill maybe not so much since it would be 1-trick-pony changelings.dek but picrelated will get a cult following in edh, 100%

Vanla mythiv is sppiled today.

Any guesses?

From the wizards article spoiling him:
>Urza—mastermind, foe of Phyrexia, not really a good guy in the big scheme of things, definitely a bossy jerk—finally has his own planeswalker card.
I'll give you bossy jerk, but not really a good guy wtf it's like they don't even read there own lore. Yes some of the greatest disasters ever were urzas fault but he didn't mean to and he spent the entire ice age in mourning for causing it. Yes he was very Machiavellian at times but if he wasn't then dominaria whould have ended up like Serra's Realm. Urza wasn't jace but he was the best protagonist in mtg history.

The "Destroy target player" one will probably be high as well

>play this card
>Bring a bag full of dog shit to the game
>Stick my hand in the bag before after playing this
>Always get haste
It's the perfect plan

I know I'm sure as fuck building her. She looks fun as fuck.
Any ideas for spicy tech?

That’s some phoneposting right there. I got nothing for the vanilla mythic. It will fail to meet expectations though.

Only 5 mana? Not crazy enough.

they just mean he was an asshole even if he saved the multiverse

I find the idea of using toy hands more fun than having several other people crowded around my table while I'm trying to play.
You're right, and I 100% understand. It makes complete sense. I just think it's wrong, that's all, and I won't be playing with the card because of it.

>not being suspended by chains from the ceiling

Mildly disappointed.

100/-100
0/99
Something with many watermarks and a crazy name matters/flavor text matters thing and possibly changeling, or tribal. Potentially a fucked up enchantment/artifact/creature monster card.

Oh my god there was a whole big thing about this on Blogatog.

Urza was very clearly an asshole and far from a hero. He is an antihero at best and there is am argument for villian.

What he did to Serra's Realm for example.

Did I just see a 1980’s-fag clash with a 1600’s-fag?

I wonder if they can design it so that it synergizes with EVERY cardname, flavortext, art,watermark card in the set.

Give it 5 watermarks, a "?" for a name, put "Everything" in its typeline and flavor text with numbers 1-5 in it

All this love for rakdos edh is really nice. It needed some major shakeups else it becomes boros in terms of stagnation

They've said in the past that Urza would eagerly have been an even more dangerous Father of Machines if Yawgmoth hadn't gotten to it first. He ultimately only did good because he got into a pissing contest with someone who was very evil.

>tokens with watermarks

this gon be gud

Pretty strong. Also, not how monopoly works.

S.N.E.A.K. is good about plastering their logo on everything. Watermark matters is gonna be a big thing for them.

Yes, the lego head is my head. I own it, therefore it is my head.

DUBS?

When I saw that title I wasn't expecting it to be exactly what it reminded me of. Is Monopoly made by Hasbro? I can never remember who owns what these days. Still mad Grimlock isn't actually in the set.

>Also, not how monopoly works.

Close enough, idn't it?

Rolled 6, 6 = 12 (2d6)

rolling

nice

Fuck

gg

Eh. I never liked this argument. I mean, I get where it's coming from, that Irza was the type of person who could become something like Yawgmoth, but there are some problems with it.

If Yawgmoth never finds Phyrexia, there's a good chance the Brother's War never happens, and a good chance Urza never becomes a Planeswalker, and while that doesn't mean somebody doesn't find Phyrexia and becomes a Father of Machines, it wouldn't be Urza.

I kinda wish Creative would lighten the fuck up in general about Magic being "serious business."

Its like some high level Good Place level philsophy. Is a Bad Person who does good things(and the occasional horrible thing) for overall selfish goals still a good guy?

>Also, not how monopoly works.

Does anyone actually play monopoly how it works?

FEED ME DOTARD

Your idea of fun is wrong.

It's assuming Urza, by some contrivance, manages to make it to Phyrexia.

Basically, it's not saying that that's the way history would've played out, but that if Urza were given all the same opportunities as Yawgmoth had been, he'd have taken them gladly and probably done even worse things.

Urza very clearly had villainous tendencies, and that's also what makes him such a great and complex character (especially when compared to the level MtG lore usually reaches).

I hope someone makes it into an app. I'd download the app.

I completely agree and understand what you are saying, but I'm still can't help being a nit picky nerd about it.

Although an alternate timeline where instead of fighting after finding the Might and Weak Stones Urza and Mishra work together would be very interesting.

Uh... sauce?

Chances we get yawgy?

I mean, Urza found the Caves of Koilos before he even became a planeswalker. It's not really unthinkable to imagine a timeline where Yawgmoth didn't exist and Urza manages to figure out how to work the Phyrexian portal within them to become the Father of Machines even without his spark igniting before.

>Chances we get yawgy?
None

>as an additional cost to playing yawgmoth, tear up ten cards that you legally own

>five colors
>green
Did they even pay attention to their own lore?

Yawgmoth reduced to an adorable teddy bear form similar to Infernal Spawn of Evil.

CHECKED

Urza has been stated to be five-colored for years now.

Sounds like a suitable cost to me, considering I tear up a card out of a player's binder whenever they play an Uncommander.

Underrated.

>this faggot again

>Kozilek's Pili-Palanneler

No Yawgmoth, no portal to Phyrexia.

Of they played Yawgo as their commander, would you still insist on doing it or would you consider the gen cards they have to rip on their own to be sufficient?

Not if Dyfed was successful in stopping Yawgmoth.

I'm amused that some players are taking the gag MTG expansion and are trying to rule lawyer and munchkin things even further.

(you)

strawpoll.me/14448513/r

It's the spirit of the set, right?

Not really.

No, not at all