Unstable spoilers

Where were you when Wizards exceeded all expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_number
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56478255
archive.is/DGj1S
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For a second I forgot about the planeswalker change and thought that because he's urza he must be legendary.

inb4
>muh DRM
>muh always online in a fucking irl card game
>heuheueh

>Academy Headmaster
>Head to AskUrza.com

it's a cheap joke that doesn't have legs to stand on

Don't mind me, im just here to ruin the set and demean the player base!

nothing personal, kid!

>the website will eventually go down for good
>urza will literally die at some point in the future
>deepest lore

I'm gonna write down as many results as I can then just make it a random roll

>and demean the player base!
>actually butthurt about this card
You can't really be this much of a faggot

it's amazing, isn't it?

This makes me smile

>disgusting tranny art
why must they fail at every step

t. soyboys

I woke up two hours ago to no less than 3 texts about this. I'm officially the happiest little fucker right now.

>THIS CARD WASN'T MADE TO MY WEIRD INCEL TASTES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY ISN'T IT A NECKEBARD WHERE IS THE FEDORA I CAN'T EVEN TALK TO SPIKE NOW REEEEEEEEEEE

You are coming across like a bleeding vagina and that's really hindering your point. Also

>demean the player base

Speak for yourself lad, they're fine with it on Reddit.

please be joking

Hey man, if you want to be a cuck thats fine. No need to be so triggered over it.

>product placement
>DRM
AAAAAAHHHH THE GAME IS RUINED
MAGIC IS OVER

Oh God, r/T_D has invaded.

t. soyboi

They even have their own board now.

I like women. This card makes me happy.

You must really think very little of MtG players if you think that card is enough to ruin the set for them and enough to make them feel 'demeaned.' Not all of them have paper-thin skin

Yeah because its high test and alpha to get upset over a cards art in a childrens card game

I would not have guessed that this is female if someone didn't tell me.

WHATS IN THE BOX WIZARDS

You are the one who is triggered.

itt a bunch of triggered snowflakes who don't like their safe spaces being invaded by women

>r/T_D has invaded.
The hell is that, and should I be scared?

You're not alone. It wasn't until a designer specifically came out and said it was meant to be a woman.

I liked it more when I thought it was a qt femboi

Tried going to website, got a filler site? Is it down already?

Here's a summary
r/The_Donald is a subreddit dedicated to supporting Donald Trump. The subreddit is very popular, but also very controversial. Many criticisms leveled against the subreddit include banning dissent (not unlike many left-winged safe space subreddits), perpetuating misinformation and unwarranted disdain, and shitposting on /pol/ and /v/, which some redditors admitted to making unsolicited propaganda of Trump in those boards.
In short, no, you shouldn't be scared, but you should probably be annoyed, and it isn't fair that they get to shitpost here but we don't there.

All the right really want is a safe space of their own, but because they're currently the minority, they're in that fun oxymoronic position where they have to demand the freedom of speech to demand their opponent's censorship.
inb4 "muh horseshoe theory"

Infinite power.

It is up now, but it won't let you see anything until 8th December.

So how big is this infinity?
No, seriously, infinity isn't a number, it's a trend. What if somebody had a lop where they could get infinite health infinite times? That's a second-order infinity, so would one hit from this infinity kill them?
H O W W O R K ?

Consult your nearest foil copy of MaRo.

I find it funny how SJWs are now not only being intolerant towards civil liberties, but also being openly racist, sexist, and in some cases even homophobic. The alt-right are now being anti-free speech triggered snowflakes that want to impose their politics on everything.
It's not even a horseshoe, it's a fucking loop.

We really ought to be using aleph numbers at this point
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_number

There are no other ways to make something truly infinite in Magic, you eventually need to settle on a number(Or, if you can't break a loop, tie the game).

(Why do we have two threads?)

>t. I don't even play magic

UNLIMITED POWAAAAH

So this is the vanilla creature?

Yep.

We won't know exactly how funny it is until AskUrza.com works
Also in some years this card won't even work anymore which is a weird feeling.

MTG player base is down 40% since Theros, so he isn't wrong.

You're quoting numbers that didn't have an accompanying source. When did MaRo ever say that MtG has 20 million active players, which was precisely the claim that started the whole "40%" thing?

I thought SJWs were meant to be the ones that purposefully peddled misinformation.

Hey man, you just keep on cucking.

It's a sad day when the people fighting the good fight are forced to rely on petty insults rather than facts.

20 million was the most common number being pushed around at the time, now the head designer slipped its 12 million.

its not looking good. SJWs are ruining mtg like it has ruined comics, movies, and video games.

why bother arguing online when you can just insult people and achieve the same effect as a well thought out argument

its not like an sjw will actually listen.

Nice try but the claim was that 20 million was a number that had come from MaRo's mouth. There wasn't ever any evidence of this given. Not to mention he specifically said 12 million active players, with active players being very different from just 'players.'

And 'players' is exactly what is said by the countless different unofficial sources that make the claim of 20 million.

>The Guardian
July 2015, 20 million.
>Nerdist
March 2016, 20 million.
>Hipsters of the Coast
May 2016, 20 million.
>Wired
September 2016, 20 million.
>Lad Bible
August 2017, 20 million.

It's almost as if unofficial sources provide incorrect information. Or did Magic lose 40% of its player base in the last three months? Was Ixalan that bad?

Provide a source that validates the original claim of MaRo saying that MtG has 20 million active players three years ago and I'll admit defeat. Until you can do that, this looks like misinformation.

i honestly can't tell if you are pretending or not

bravo

Just trying to make sure that other people don't take information for granted when that information isn't founded on cited fact.

So it was 20 million in 2015 and we didn't get an update untill last week.

The way you are writing seems like damage control, so it might have the opposite effect then the one you want.

Cite an official source stating that it was 20 million active players in 2015. Do you really count the Guardian as a reliable source of news? Provide a source of MaRo saying that MtG had 20 million active players. That's the original claim after all, the source of this information:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/56478255
>So apparently Magic lost 40% of its customers in the past three years, down to 12 million players from 20 million (both numbers from Maro's mouth).
>down to 12 million players from 20 million (both numbers from Maro's mouth).
>(both numbers from Maro's mouth).
>from
>Maro's
>mouth

Prove it comes from MaRo's mouth, from the mouth of an official source. The way you are writing seems evasive. Just provide an official source that validates your claim and victory's yours.

Or is the Guardian the best you got, the source of articles like this:
archive.is/DGj1S

did u just assume xis gender?

She is a woman, as stated by the lead designer.. Her pronouns are she and her.

Maro basically flubbed and shouldn't have given a number. The only recourse he can take is stating there is "different metrics" but you would only publicly state the most inflated one. Unless he is legit retarded, which he might be.

In 2013 the official number for 2012 was 12 million via NBC. So we are left with two scenarios either the reported figures from hasbro of 35% every year brought us to 20millio in 2014, to which we see a decline of 40% or there was 5 years of stagnation which is equally bad.

calm your autism i don't have to prove anything, you can choose not to believe if you want. But the 40% drop, real or not, will most likely survive past your attempts to discredit it.

But they are significantly different metrics. There's a huge difference between just a generic statement of 'players,' which I don't know how they define, and the more specific definition of 'active players.'

Provide a source of 12 million active players during 2012. You're the one making the claim so you need to provide the evidence to support it. I'm not being unreasonable, I'm just holding people accountable for the information they spread.

>You're the one making the claim so you need to provide the evidence to support it.

This is only true in a debate. in a discussion an audience is free to accept or ignore it.

>(((Rosewater))) wants (((diversity)))

person of color me surprised

Then I gotta say, this whole "40%" thing comes across as a combination of bad research and purposeful falsehoods.

>4RRR
>Infinite/5

Not worth 7. Dies to doomblade. Below the power curve for sure.

Maybe, but the general player base has felt the game has become stagnet. So a claim of 40% loss of player base isn't too hard to believe.

This plus wizards pushing diversity pretty hard lately at the very least is a perfect storm to justify players leaving.

Wizards needs to learn how to keep their customers happy if they want to slip in some blue bills.

What evidence do you have for the worsening opinions of the general player base and the 'pushing of diversity' having an impact on the opinions of the general player base? Is it just anecdotal or do you have infographics?

I see these broad, sweeping claims all the time without anything backing them up aside from personal anecdotes.

You are starting to see more and more people take the initiative to complain about mtg. Not only that but you have huge communities of players following youtube personalities who are gaining views and subscribers while speaking their opinion.

You won't get an infograph, you'll have to go out to all these different communities and feel the way the wind is blowing.

Plus you can see the prices of cards in top8 decks plummet, which is most alarming in instances where they haven't received reprints and are still falling in price.

If you are an investor, now would be a good time to jump out of non-reserved list cards.

There's such a thing as loud minorities which aren't representative of the majority of the player base at all. See Tumblr.

Can you point out any specific cards for me to have a look at?

That's why you put the leg work in to investigate different communities.

That's something I'll do then.

In the meantime, no need to continue the conversation. Thanks for being a little more civil towards the end and dropping the 'autism/damage control' angle.

I came here for this
and i wasn't disappointed

fucking go back to plebbit, you cuck. lol

I think she looks cute.

If you're going to represent it with 4 characters, 22/7 is much closer.

>Literally no tits
>Colored hair
>Man hands
Remove the makeup, add pointy ears and you got the average male elf from Shadowrun

I don't things like pushing for diversity is the cause for people to leave Magic but it could be a bit of a catalyst to make people look at the game as a whole and see all the glaring problems its suffering from right now. Things like a very fucked Standard that has been in poor shape for a very long time, a skyrocketing cost of Standard despite the newer sets barely contributing to Modern and Legacy and how the Masters sets do next to nothing in helping newer players get into Modern and Legacy.

FUKKK YYYEEEEEHHHH NIGGGAS

I'd say it's the wane in quality combined with the increase in singles prices (mostly due to speculators) and there being too MANY products a year now leading to burnout.
That said, they were up front about the drop in players when Mirrodin happened, and while I wasn't paying attention then (I'd JUST started) I assume people knew the effects of Combo Winter. They wouldn't be trying to hide it when it's an even larger drop.
That said, even assuming there's no drop, if there were only 12 million actual active players two years ago and now and the 20 million is People Who Buy Magic At All or whatever the fuck 'player adjacency' means then and now, that's STILL not good. That's two years of stagnation. Not as bad as a loss, but it means they stopped growing, despite their recent attempts to get more new players in that very timeframe.

>implying 99% of mtg players look like this
Ignoring the gender, I have yet to meet someone in three game stores with hair as faggy as that.

the increase in prices of singles is due less to investors and more due to the fact that WOTC artificially restric the pool of good cards to make the game more acessible

>Oh God, PLEBBIT has invaded.
fucking hell nigger get it right

>want to talk about the new card
>Nothing but /pol/ shitposting

This might help. Or not.
youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3_KqkI9Zo

>A unstable card isnt competitive
woah

>fine with it on reddit

the absolute state of this post

>The joke
>Your head

>Plus you can see the prices of cards in top8 decks plummet, which is most alarming in instances where they haven't received reprints and are still falling in price.

I'll gladly take this. Please keep hamfisting diversity wizards if this is the result.

Mark Rosewater makes me ashamed to be Jewish.

>not needing any other board means we have /pol/ here too
the greatest power of Veeky Forums is also its curse.

>He thinks playerbase stagnation is because of dumbass diversity quota shit that no one mentally over the age of 13 would care about and not because digital tcgs are taking its place

is the arena beta out yet?
i blame wotc for hearthstone's existence, if mtgo and duels weren't laughing stocks there would have been less of a niche for digital tcgs

I wouldn't be so quick to call /pol/ influence a curse.

Consider: political discussion on /pol/ sucks. No one there can take the banter, and it's so cancerous that the discourse actually IMPROVED while /mlpol/ was a thing. While on Veeky Forums, you can actually get semi-engaging politcal discussion.
In short, Veeky Forums does /pol/ better than /pol/.

Hearthstone likely would have existed in general, but if they hadn't made their digital department their dumping ground for people they didn't like but didn't want to fire and instead actually invested in things they could've had MODO be an actually respectable game, and figured out a phone port that connects with your actual account to not just let a competitor rise unchallenged.
Maybe a mode that lets you play vs actual cards with your digital ones as a feature to entice people over.
>DISCOUNT Rugby

I don't remember if they still do it but for a few sets they had "Do you play hearthstone" and "do you play hearthstone more than magic" as survey questions.

whatever the case may be, Magic has lost 8 million players and continues on its death spiral.

no one gives a fuck about standard and its been shit since Khans of Tarkir rotated.

WoTC is in freefall due to irrevocably changing R&D from bottom up with nearly everything changing drastically.

stop with those false claims and doomposting

the thread where they were discussing this doesn't even have a proper source and just said "maro said that" and they just got a lot of interpretation.

Magic was actually in costant growth for all these years and there are plenty of sources confirming that.

But if you want to fucking doompost because your ass it too much arsed by something magic-related you must use something more plausible

plenty of lies, the real numbers is 40% loss over 3 years.

sales growth is meaningless gibber thrown at you, WoTC doesn't sell you, assflap, they sell to distributor's and LGS's.

actual PLAYER RETENTION has been dropping since before Khans even came out, and nothing is stopping it.