Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA! Edition

>Crossthread:

>Warhammer Community news, new chapter approved leaks for factions!: warhammer-community.com/2017/11/21/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-new-faction-rules-nov-21gw-homepage-post-3/

>Done Canned Peaches
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Aurora Pattern Power Armour. (embed)

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for will Chapter Approved factions still get codexes? Will factions not in Chapter Approved get a codex too if so?

First for Inquisition not in CA so codex in January confirmed

Yes.
Daemons in January.

Stupid question, you think they don’t want money for mandatory book from all SW Tau and other spergs? Too big factions

Nth for all obligatories
>obligatory belecuck
>obligatory hivemind tasted death
>obligatory rocks
>obligatory great rift
>obligatory hive fleet Kronos
>obligatory chaos already won
>obligatory hive fleet tiamet
>obligatory BL wank
>obligatory BL isnt canon
What did i miss?

What did Horus have against Perturabo's Tallarn campaign exactly?

I read he apparently killed a Pysker to manifest before Perturabo and talk trash about it.

And what was he planning to do with the Cursus on Tallarn's surface anyway?

A max unit of 30 boys will roll 10 6s on average when shooting all 30 shootas twice. These 10 extra attacks will generate 3-4 extra hits.

3-4 Extra hits, not wounds, hits = 1 command point.

Do Orks have any units where this is worth using? Maybe lootas?

8th for the 8th legion

Primaris marines BA = Ultramarines in red paint

Can't wait to see what they gave Necrons in the Chapter Approved. The space egyptian terminators really need some love! (Pic related)

Bit peeved that it doesn't apply to vehicles but could be useful for like you said Lootas, but also other very dakka-y units like bikers.

Does any of you have a comprehensive image with ALL the factions and their respective sub-factions and symbols?

Mfw scions gets it army wide for free

I miss the Second legion

Spotted someone who doesn't play Orks.

True Ork players don't care about min-maxing mathhammer shit, they want to have fun and roll loads of rice shouing dakka,dakka, dakka and hope they get lots of 6s.

This feels kinda underwhelming. It's not worse than the literally zero impact "shoot twice at BS6" by definition, but how much of an impact is that even going to have? What, if you have 30 Shootaboyz going at it get about 10 6es, of which about 3 are converted to additional hits?

What do you think about these swordmorph arms? Is this what peak performance looks like?

I bet they will not tease anything more for T'au before the release

Think of your most and least favourite faction. Got it? Good

Say something nice about the one you don't like, and criticise your favourite.

It’s basically same that Militarum tempestus gets for free for being Militarum tempestus. For some reason precise spec ops have same bonus as orks. Of course orcs must pay 1cp and only for one unit.

How about you

shut the fuck up

because this doesn't even let you roll

that many additional dice

Loyalists blow up real good.
Chaos is too bad ass. Too much.

Little tyranids as part of his arms... That's a really neat addition lol.

Tau have Kroot and Firewarriors which are pretty cool.
Ork players can sometimes be pretty autistic.

Marines have plenty of options to choose from, the stormraven is extremely efficient.

Dark Eldar models are spindly and prone to breakage and are limited in their army building choices.

Not worth it.

Dude from the last thread asking about dreads here for some list critique

Space Marines - White Scars - Mantis Warriors 993pts
Captain w/ combi-plamsa - 89
Tacticals (10) w/ combi-plasma, plasma & ML - 183
Bike Squad (3) w/ 2 melta - 141
Company Vets (5) w/ plasma - 145
Scouts (5) w/ cloaks & Snipers - 90
Ven. Dread w/ twin las & heavy flamer- 197
Rhino (2) w/ double storm bolters - 148

And just to carry on my webm tradition, this is WIP Evolved (tm)

>Ork players
All of Wh40k playerbase is. Make another critique

How hard would it be to recast this?

I play orks and im tired of getting shitty, poorly thought out rules

Me too

except other armies get stratagems to flat out shoot twice, whereas orks, who have shitty shooting, get a gimped version because ORKS

We already get enough dice throwing quantity, we need more quality of rerolls. This just adds more stuff to keep track of for not much payoff.

Actually it lets you roll a potential 60 extra dice, which means a unit of boyz can get a 120 hits on a unit , which is both hilariously cool and kinda broken.

But muh mathhammer. NO

MOAR DAKKA is all that matters

When I'm playing with orks I use blue dices. It's easier to get 6s.

Hey man, don't get me wrong: Of course a primarch can solo a Bloodthirster, Chapter Masters pull off that kind of thing plenty.

I'm drawing attention to bodily picking it up and snapping it over his knee as an unfeasible feat. Like, even just trying to imagine the mechanics of that.

It would be cool if they would not limit extra attack. Potentially infinite dakka would be fluffy nice and still balanced, cause statistically not effective

Yeah wtf, Guard get double shooting on their Russes without even having to spend cp (and with their insane CP capabilities, it's not like they needed it for free) and other factions have stratagems that apply to every type of unit, not just infantry and bikes. Color me naive for thinking this stratagem looked cool at first.

>YOU GUYS
>HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS
>Orks have 6+ Save! Holy shit!
>That means with just a +1 on their save, they can potentially survive an infinite amount of hits with -1 to saves!
>That's so fucking good
Reece, go the fuck away. This Stratagem is complete shit.

>i wondered what would break first
>your body
>or your spirit

Necrons get increasingly more boring to play with every edition.
Ultramarines have some nice models

An army shouldnt have to rely on extreme luck to perform on par with other armies, that is why mathhammer exists. Consistency is what wins games

And they get 100% copy paste of it for scions for free. Lazy bastards just copy paste and add it as 1cp for 1 unit beacause orks.

Comparing to similar stratagems like GK Bolter boost it’s garbage.

Tyranids have some cool models

Night Lords can be pretty edgy sometimes

Do marine Captains outside of the first company wear Terminator armour if it's available?

Maybe if it was an extra HIT on a 6+ it might be worth a shit

Fuck me for thinking orks would get anything nice

Tau has gotten too battlesuit-y and even more weeby.
Chaos models are often well painted.

Anyone else getting tired of this autism meme? If you're a fan of collecting and assembling little toy figurines and then perfecting lists and having battles with them, you're on the spectrum. Stop throwing that word around like it only belongs to fans of a certain army.

Oops, missed new bread.

#
In a Black Crusade? Yes, I'd hope they'd obey orders for that long or come up with such a plan on their own. You don't even really need a cyclonic, a big regular nuke would work fine, or a warp bomb, or a sufficiently fuckheug regular explosive, it's just a Cyclonic Torpedo or a few has a much larger margin of Fuck Your Assault Force, AKA This Continent. You don't need every single Chaos Marine to be agreed on this secret tactic, you could have a single warband pull it off with resources they should completely have if they are running even a small fighting fleet.

"But our enemies are underequipped tactical incompetents to a man" is an odd justification. Hell, Abaddon in FoCadia even acknowledged outright he should have just held himself back or gibbed the planet rather than going down himself. More sensible than Guilliman.

Are you seriously suggesting that Guilliman is protected from nuclear missiles or other WMDs because he has a few thousand heavy infantry bodyguards at best?

Id use the fuck out of this on Tankbustas, but thats it

Jesus christ, how horrifying

His head horn is far too big. It looks weird and out of proportion.

Aren't we playing with characters that should be dead now after the time-skip? Have they told us anything of how this is possible?

>Playing Orks
>Wanting your army to be consistent

Play bland marines if you want that shit son.

Orks are for fun players who don't care for brutally min-maxing their army and working out what 0.84736 chance per shot you have to kill your opponents meq infantry or whatever the fuck.

They'll just say they were put in stasis as commanders are want to do.

Warriors need a 6++, immortals 5++, HQs 4++

Crypteks should buff the given invulns and they need wargear options that will allow rerolls of failed reanimation rolls or 1 or some shit.

Farsight's one old sword extends his life
Shadowsun is put on ice when she isn't fighting

The whole "Necromancer" aspect of Ynnarii is pretty dope.
Grey Knights are Mary Sue's, and my Nids "adaptability" is the 40k version of "nuthin personell, kid"

Orkz
Their rules are trash, and lots of players half-ass conversions.
Tau:
Their infantry's really cool.

>kinda broken
BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
is the noise i made when i read that. i cant even articulate how dumb you are

Stop making excuses for shitty rules, youre the reason orks have been garbage for 5 editions

I guess you're right. Would be awesome if Commander Shadowsun, Darkstrider and Longstrike turned into generic options without sept requirements though.

The fuck is wrong with you? How does having good rules stop you having fun?

That head horn is way too big. Cut it back to about 40% of its current size and it'd look better

>that new ork stratagem
FUCKING UNF MUST GET MORE FLASH GITS
MORE
FUCKING
DAKA

Tau have too high an opinion off themselves.

Dark Angels have a nice color scheme.

>sometimes

>Favorite
>Tyranids
I'm kinda disappointed with some of the color schemes for the new fleets. Seems they really favor dark colors, especially black skin. Looks off compared to the very vibrant differences between Behemoth, Kraken, and Leviathan

>Least Favorite
>Chaos Daemons
Khorne and Tzeentch Daemons have a great aesthetic.

i like the concept of the eldar shrines
For all of orks obsession with dakka and guns, they dont have nearly enough options for guns, or rapid fire

T'au do have nice armors
Space marines are all over the fucking place

Gray Knights aren't as ridiculous as they used to be

Tau has gotten too battlesuit-y and even more weeby.

>Seems they really favor dark colors, especially black skin.

Very progressive, wouldn't you say?

Hmph, Yeah, what a Baka gaijin huh takeshi

>Faeit was right
Well, enjoy reroll deny TS

Thousand Sons are dull to play

I would rather die than to say anything good about Space Wolves.

I'm not disagreeing that him going full big guy on it would be retarded, but like I said, in his fight it isn't nearly as easy as it's depicted to be in 3rd. K'banda or however you spell it gives him quite a struggle

Stasis, and maybe the Great Rift fucked with time so only 30 years passed in the Tau Empire or whatever.

Yesterday's thread said that some BL writers talked about Kais being awake through 300 years of stasis, though. That might be the angle they'll take.

T.Aaron

Blood Angels
They get too many story write offs and way too many special characters.
Ynnari
The idea of getting rid of one of the chaos gods is cool.

I enjoy the concept of battle suits

I think Bobby G is too cheap for what he does

He's either Reece or a Redshirt.
He's also this guy

Fuck off weeb boy

>Tau suits are really cool and fun to paint.
>Admech is really boring to play unless you soup it.

I actually do have an Ork army but I never use it because it's a pain in the ass to move so many models every turn

>thinking of running a Tau army wothout any suits other than stealth suits

Would this be possible? Would it be fun to both play and play against?

Best one can say about SW is that they used to be cool.

But that time is far behind us.

True. I think the general idea is that you drop out of FTL a way out from the actual closest possible and take your time accelerating over a few days, which isn't terribly feasible against an enemy fleet that will logically be jinking about as a matter of procedure even if it is a "fuck your planet" button. Best use one of the other methods for assassinating Primarchs unless you have good intelligence he'll be there a while.

>6++
What's the point of such low inv saves with how AP works in this edition ? Unless you mean 6+++, in which case fuck you if you're suggesting their HQ should have 4+++.

imagine instead if the dakka dakka rule just gave orks the ability to infinitely generate additional attacks using shooting weapons for 2 CP.

like, rolls to hit, gets 20 hits, rolls an additional 20 hits, gets 6 hits, rolls an additional 6 hits, gets 2 hits, rolls up and gets nothing.

that would be a cool rule, being LOL randum and fun at the SAME TIME.

revolutionary right?

I'd rather orks get that.

Space Marines have a lot of cool models and potential for conversion.

Tyranids are really fucking samey model-wise. It's maybe not obvious if you don't play them but fuck me painting them js repetitive.

first days of 8th were fun because people tought they were overpowered.
IMHO they are still good, unless you usually face waacing retards. Mathammer is for faggots.

>He can't see I'm taking the piss out of a weeb anime girl poster

The absolute state

I used to feel absolute apathy but man, they just up the ante on them every time

Once upon a time that is what a lot of Tau armies looked like. Firewarriors, hover tanks, and some stealth suits.

Orks are "Never tell me the odds": the faction.
I've seen Ork players lay out 20 shots from a squad of shoota boys and get 12 hits / 7 wounds to wipe out a 5 man squad of tacticals. Base math has them killing 1.1 marine.
This strategem is not about math-hammer. This strategem is about gambling with risk/reward and hoping to hit the jackpot.
A better option for the math-hammer crowd would have been 2cp to reroll all failed hit rolls for a unit for the player turn.

>What's the point of such low inv saves with how AP works in this edition ?

Yeah, as a SOB player the only time my Inv saves come up is on my tanks as people actually shoot them with -4 pen weapons. Shield of Faith really could do with a retool (Like how the 'Can try to negate powers on a single die' is basically worthless as you need the enemy to be using smite AND only rolled a 5 AND you to roll a 6 to use it)

>most favourite
T'au. The worst thing about them is they are shitposting magnets. You can not even play 500pts games with bunch of fire warriors and a fireblade because autists have PTSD and shit their pants about riptides even if you are not using them
>Least favourite
Generic marines. I don't like SM models but the faction has nice lore