Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1891: Dead By Jumperlight Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1PIrsaF_QfxcdPAHRtRCpb_yNcpqS-jDlJDRLXN30aSw/edit?usp=sharing
dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/tome-and-blood-a-guidebook-to-wizards-and-sorcerers--51/familiar-pocket--3429/index.html
egscomics.com/?date=2009-11-13.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dragon-jumper looking for suggestions for his first jump here. 3 slots left.

Sure, that could get interesting.

Going to keep Dark Souls 3 in reserve until after Dark Souls 1 though.

Ha, I'm sure nothing will go wrong with that.

Hm, alright? Don't know too much of those, but I'll add them in.

1 - Dark Souls
2 - Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor Gauntlet
3 - Cardfight! Vanguard
4 - Mad Men
5 - Black Dynamite
6 - ?
7 - ?
8 - ?

As someone who knows nothing of Madoka, how do I get rid of Kyubey?

have you been in a time loop /jc/?

just dont make eye contract and it will go away

The Great Game and/or other dragon focused D&D jump when?

Round it out with Bioshock Infinite and Strike Witches (Mandatory Little Girl Mode)

Set on fire, there are more of him but the one currently bothering you won't be anymore.

Soon, hopefully.

Seems good.

1 - Dark Souls
3 - Cardfight! Vanguard (on Earth)
4 - Mad Men
5 - Black Dynamite
6 - Bioshock Infinite
7 - Strike Witches (Mandatory Little Girl Mode)
8 - ?

You should make it. It could be interesting. I remember the game rules for The Great Game having a lot of wiggle room in it, so you could always make an adventure out of it. Get inventive, like the Princess Rescue Gauntlet or Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs

Here's the X-Men evolution update.

Still a WIP but its getting to completion.

docs.google.com/document/d/1PIrsaF_QfxcdPAHRtRCpb_yNcpqS-jDlJDRLXN30aSw/edit?usp=sharing

Use Umineko magic and meme magic him right in the quantum foam.

Here's the daily progress update on the EGS jump.

Version 0.2 Changelog:
Added a primer on how EGS magic works
Added a lab junkie perk tree to represent Tedd
Started fleshing out the drawback section
Nose Beep is way cheaper, comes free with the Dewitchery Diamond
More stuff in general

As usual, input is welcome, as this is an in-progress document.

The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage has the Off To the Operas perk.

Kill all of Kyubey by killing one of him hard enough.

How about Fallout?

What IS an Aberration anyway? I only remember Magus was in debt to one and it seemed a bit shifty.

> As someone who knows nothing of Madoka
Kyubey's a collective of emotionless aliens attempting to stave off the entropy of the universe via harvesting the emotional grief of little girls. He's pretty fixated on this, because apparently emotional grief is an extremely powerful source of energy.
Kyubeys do not have emotions, and consider Kyubeys who do have them to have a form of mental illness.

Your options are:
1) Fix universal entropy in such a way that Kyubey no longer has any reason to bother fighting it.
2) Find the Kyubey homeworld and kill all the Kyubeys.
3) Give all the Kyubeys emotions and then make them feel really bad about what they're doing.

Sure... But which of the three?

Koyabachi's Maid Dragon! Become both a dragon AND a little girl!

Aberration is a catchall term, referring to anybody that used magic to extend their lives by turning into a parasitic monster. The 'vampire' that Susan killed was one, as was the bodysnatcher that Magus was in debt to, and the weird spider guy.

>have you been in a time loop /jc/?
But some of us are time loops user

>docs.google.com/document/d/1PIrsaF_QfxcdPAHRtRCpb_yNcpqS-jDlJDRLXN30aSw/edit?usp=sharing
Gnarly

The answer is always New Vegas.

It feels like you ignored every single bit of criticism you got the last time you posted this. I can't see any changes from the stuff pointed out in thread.

I'm not even sure if they HAVE a homeworld. From the movie, I got the impression they're sort of like quantum energy beings that coexist at multiple points of space and time because there were lots of Kyuubeys swirling around when Akuma Homura decided to mindrape him. Like the Monolith aliens from 2001: A Space Odyssey, except weasels instead of black slabs.

>3) Give all the Kyubeys emotions and then make them feel really bad about what they're doing.
>Monkeypaw the white rat's wish for an entropyless universe by making their entire species cellectively feel enough greif over their past actions to fuel the universe for eternity.
Glorious

He did change some things based on the suggestions in the doc but I don't think he is even reading replies in the thread.

>ever evolving self-power
Sounds kinda awkward.

Rolled 6 (1d8)

I like this idea. I'll keep it in reserve for the next roll?

Fair point. Let's go jingle, jangle, jingle then.

Final list, let's roll:

1 - Dark Souls
3 - Cardfight! Vanguard (on Earth)
4 - Mad Men
5 - Black Dynamite
6 - Bioshock Infinite
7 - Strike Witches (Mandatory Little Girl Mode)
8 - Fallout New Vegas

You know I am surprised that hasn't happened yet. Like a wish can only be made when a magical girl really wants something why has one not wished for the Kyubey population to feel emotion out of spite.

It's like Entities. The whole system is pure brute force computation and crunching numbers, running like a well oiled machine until it gets jammed by one of the most perfect expression of chaos in existence: A spiteful, determined woman.

You know each time someone tries using something on that scale on the Medaka-verse ends up creating a multiversal deity? You don't want a suddenly emotional Kyubey hivemind god becoming that. That's how multiversal tyranids are born.

At least partly because magical girls only get their wish when they first become a magical girl, and Kyubey is pretty good about disguising what a little shit he is until the contract gets made. If a potential magical girl were to become antagonistic towards Kyubey, in most cases it's easier just to find a different potential magical girl -- Madoka is the exception because she has such a ridiculously high magical potential that Kyubey is willing to sacrifice all future gains from the earth to get at that sweet sweet emotional energy.

After that, it's probably just a case of most of the characters being dumb children.
In addition, I don't think Kyubey lets on that he's a collective most of the time, unless he actually dies in front of one of the girls. There's no reason to.

Far more hilariously, I like the idea of a potential magical girl, unknowing of the greater implications, actually wishes for the Kyubey she knows to have emotions as a form of pity. Imagine some little girl buying into the whole thing and wishing for Kyubey to have emotions because she feels BAD for him and wants him to be able to feel things.

>Medaka-verse
>Kyubey

Hey, speaking of native jumper, what are the jumps with good minotaur options?

What? Kyubey's just a hivemind who has a shitload of bodies around and HomoHomu dragged them all into her barrier to fuck around with.

Wow, it's been ages since i've read EGS.
What you have so far looks interesting to me. I couldn't see any glaring issues.
I'll have to reread the comic to offer any meaningful suggestions. Which i just might do, though it'll take a while.

Madoka Box and Medaka Magica.

This is the future if we allow people who don't check names to live

Dragonlance/other D&D settings are the only ones that come to mind at the moment. Jumps that let you customize your own alt-forms would also work, as would ones with free form "choose your race" options like Generic Isekai.

If you don't mind a bit of shilling; Hellboy could get you a Minotaur form pretty easily, and there are a few labyrinthine property options there as well.

>it still makes me a mutie whether I want to be or not
0/10

>Far more hilariously, I like the idea of a potential magical girl, unknowing of the greater implications, actually wishes for the Kyubey she knows to have emotions as a form of pity. Imagine some little girl buying into the whole thing and wishing for Kyubey to have emotions because she feels BAD for him and wants him to be able to feel things.
This would be even better than someone doing it out of spite.

It's not getting on the drive if you don't actually answer stuff in thread XAnon. Just posting a link and then leaving won't work.

Awwww you got my hopes up for a dead by daylight jump op.

>Kyubey unwisely tried to get the girl who does nothing but draw sparkledogs to make a contract and she wishes Kyubey was her boyfriend
I want this spin-off

>Jumps mutant jump
>Doesn't want to be a mutant

This almost sounds like what would happen if you shoved Mabel from Gravity Falls in the direction of Kyubey.

You'll just make Dipper live worse somehow

You could just not spend your 300 CP mutation stipend.

>not wanting to join Trask to stop the mutant menace
Away from me you mutie loving pederast
That just leaves me with a latent x-gene, not an active one.

Val, is the Demonbane Vortex that we get from the scenario also missing an arm or when he repairs he gets both again?

He'll have both.

I now kind of want to watch Medaka go into Madoka Magica and somehow learn to make her soul so powerful that her soulgem bursts opens and rejoins her body allowing her to keep all benefits and just watch Kyubey lose his shit.

Thanks for the answer. I was already thinking of what other Mecha arm should I stick in that place

I've got a paranoid Jumper going through a gauntlet of D&D jumps early in the chain. Is there an in-universe way for a Wizard to do something like bind their spell book to their soul or put it in a tiny pocket dimension so they can store or recall it at will?

Kyubey's lost shit face is dumb though. He just kinda shuts down, we see this at the end of the devil's movies.

Probably by Mabel using her wish to make Dipper a magical girl too.

Have an eidetic memory, there's a variant for such a case.

Hey Val, can Round and Round from Angry Day be used with Sealed Master?

Will there be a perk for everyone taking your name seriously no matter what it is?

Yeah that's true. Shame that, maybe shapeshift them first or something

I can add something like that, sure. I'm coming up blank, though; who am I basing it on?

You've probably been asked this dozens of times before, but at what Rank would you put an NP that nullified the negative effects of Mad Enhancement?

Also, would Mad Enhancement inflict its usual effects on a Demi-Servant?

It's okay, I've got you Paranoid Jumper.

Go and learn the spell Familiar Pocket. It's a Level 2 spell found in Tome and Blood.
dnd.arkalseif.info/spells/tome-and-blood-a-guidebook-to-wizards-and-sorcerers--51/familiar-pocket--3429/index.html
Now, normally this spell would allow you to hide a familiar in a garment or container in a little bit of extradimensional space. So what you're going to want to do is tinker with the spell a bit until it allows you to store your book in that bit of space instead of a familiar. Shouldn't be too hard and it shouldn't even raise the level of the spell above 2. After that, cast it on your favorite shirt/cloak/pants pocket/garment and hit it with a Permanence spell.

BAM. Spellbook Pocket, copyright, you. Mages would probably fall all over themselves to learn the spell from you too.

Arguably, you don't even need to do that. There's an option for "item familiars", Familiar Pocket should work with those.

True, but I wasn't assuming he had gone that route. It's not something most wizards do, even if they know of the option.

Sure.

Egh, dunno. Don't really like the idea of it being directly altering other Skills, especially negative ones. Perhaps instead go for something that lets you retain control of your emotions or something like that?

It would.

Doesn't that require you to smoke the spell?

Oh huh. That's neat, thanks!

Actually, do you think it would be possible to create a version of the spell that could store the book in a runic tattoo or something like that?

I haven’t read El Goonish Shive myself, but I seem to recall one picture I saw of a character named Pandora whose full name was sufficiently ridiculous that I cannot bring myself to type it.

>filename
REEEEEEEE that is Aeon!

>Doesn't that require you to smoke the spell?
Depends. Though if the GM is RAW then at least once yeah.

Universe at war jump when?

We'll say it on 3. Ready? Pandora...Chaos...Raven!

Leave it to a fae to make a name like that after humans don't get why you called yourself "Box".

When you make it, user.

Oh, her. Nah, her name is ridiculous in-character, too. Immortals tend to be kind of chuuni in this setting, whether from waiting too long between resets and going crazy or doing the reset wrong and imprinting too strongly on pop culture in their naive state afterwards. But yeah, her calling herself "Pandora Raven Chaos" is because she's old and senile and keeps forgetting that she's not the villain of an anime. It's not something to take seriously.

There's several options.
One is to get a Possum Pouch - it's a pretty cheap magical bag that attaches to your stomach and then blends in with your skin and requires a pretty hard (DC 30) search check to find. Putting your spellbook into one is pretty decent.

Another is the spell Hoard Gullet. It basically grants a Bag of Holding in your stomach. Use Shrink Item on your spellbook, swallow it, done.
Drawback is that is has a limited duration (1 hour/level) and you need to "puke" your spellbook back up.

There's also the option to tattoo spells on your skin (though a limited number - basically a set of emergency spells if your book gets lost) or braid them into your hair.

It'd be much easier to just store it in your warehouse though. Get Portal, done.

Ah, right. This: egscomics.com/?date=2009-11-13. Yup, now I get it.

Where can i buy some castles?

Man, EGS has some surprisingly good worldbuilding even if I wish they hadn't sidelined Lord Ted. It's a pity the series focuses so much on crap like gender identity and young adult relationship drama that can't hold my attention for long.

Valkyrie crusade lets you get a small kingdom complete with castle

>Runic Tattoo
Oh yeah, sure. Pick up Craft Magic Tattoo. You'll have to be a 9th level caster (So some combination of spellcasting classes that add up to 9. Like Wizard 9 or Wizard 5/Sorcerer 4.) and have 5 ranks in Craft (Artist). So just pick up a pad of paper and spend a few months practicing sketching your tattoo designs. Then you craft it like a magical item, except directly onto your skin, so it's a little more expensive and you can only have one at a time.

So to make Spellbook Pocket into a magical tattoo it would take:
>4,000 gold
>160 exp points
>4 days of dedicated crafting.

Of course, when you're Jumping, paying exp points to craft items gets a little odd. So you'll have to figure out how you want to represent that. Or if you want to just handwave it away because really it's just a game mechanic.

Oh! A final note, if someone hits you with a Remove Curse spell, it'll wipe the spell out of the tattoo, so you would have to recraft it. But that's a minor thing.

>It's a pity the series focuses so much on crap like gender identity and young adult relationship drama that can't hold my attention for long.

I share this opinion.

>pic

I don't see where are my citizens.

Ah, I see. As I said, I haven’t read EGS, just seen here on tg that there was a character running around with a name that would make an Abyssal Exalted say they were overdoing it.

>You'll have to be a 9th level caster (So some combination of spellcasting classes that add up to 9. Like Wizard 9 or Wizard 5/Sorcerer 4.)
>or Wizard 5/Sorcerer 4.
Uh, no. You don't get a caster level of 9 if you dual class like that. You'd just have a caster level of 5 as a wizard and 4 as a sorcerer, they don't stack at all.

They're around. I think I saw some in the bar a while back.

That's all 11 of them on the streets

>Wizard 5/Sorcerer 4
Damn it fingers! I meant: Wizard 5/Sorcerer 3/Ultimate Magus 6

Sorry about that.

Time to recruit, I guess.

btw, any news in the Omamori Himari jump?

Hmmm... Acceptable. Carry on then.

That actually puts you at caster level 11 for both though, thanks to Arcane Spell Power. You'd only need Ultimate Magus 4.

Hey Ricrod, can you help me understand this analogy?

>Though in her case she’s less cute and more...well, it’s kind of like a speedbump with a surprise crash at the end.

I think it means she is hot but the specifics I don't understand (Like whether it is refering to breasts or ass or if it just means she is curvy)

No.

Those work, but aren't quite what I was looking for. Thanks, though.

This is pretty much perfect, thanks Yoro.

Perhaps he means that the ass was flat plane extending at a right angle

Sounds like futa

You do know that I suck at english, right?

But I think it's about she having a nice ass.

>3/3 posts
Maximum SBer density.

Futa, Trap or Big Ass. Where did you get this from anyway?

desu I wouldn't really call myself a SBer. I only ever post there if someone @s me.

>SBer

What did I ever do to you, that you should treat me this way?

Disgaea which I am rereading through in order to plan to take on Devourlord Revya.

That specific bit is in reference to Magical Girl Muffin who is as I understand Megumin the Magical Girl.

Does Medaka Sue allow you to improve abilities not tied to your biology?

In the case of actual abilities, like powers, yes.