Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The one true undivided prince edition

Crossthread: >Warhammer Community news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/21/get-ready-for-chapter-approved-new-faction-rules-nov-21gw-homepage-post-3/

>Done Canned Peaches
youtube.com/watch?v=2qpT7bWSgwg&t=

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary (up to 1.3):
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Angron when?

First for TALOS are one of the worst units in the game. Cronos too, and grotesque

Will chapter approved change rules in existing codices? I'm hoping for a Gorillaman nerf or tweak

Fourth for Tau getting shit in Chapter approved

First for Necrons literally the worst faction by any standard.

Only point costs as far as we know but Im still hoping to see Vows return for the Emperor's Champion.

>Forgetting about Orkz

It's okay, we're used to it

You CAN play the superheavy Pylon with immortals Ctan and wraiths

but you dont wanna

We don't even got hordes anymore since everyone is already prepaired to kill 999 conscripts

Tell me about the victories of your dudes.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

8th for Blood Angels becoming Red Ultramarines

What is Cypher even doing now after breaking out of Terra?

>tfw I sit down to assemble my other box of wyches despite knowing they'll only bring double the disappointment and both my points and money should be spent elsewhere

> Space Marines have started looting their own tanks

You know, same old Cypher things.

If Labour get in, taxes are gonna go up and GW will get cucked.

Also they'll probably let in 3 million refugees and I'm gonna get stabbed to death.

Mysterious Stuff
I.E being in his default state until the writers can think of something for him to do

Rolled 16, 66, 67 = 149 (3d100)

Gonna make a renegade chapter.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table

Origins:

>be Carmine Blades
>descended from Guilliman or something, idk
>Gary Oldman shows up in M41 and says we're Sanguinius' stock
>alrightcouldbeworse.gif
>Leviathan nearly wipes us out on Baal
>new guys taking our jerbs
>some bigwigs are worried we'll be smurfs again
>still flay people though

What are the alternatives for the man whos bored as fuck of Kabalites, Ravagers, Venoms and Razorwing jetfighters doc?

You are so wrong about Grotesques. With a Haemy, they literally shrug off all standard infantry weapons.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Origins: Ultramarine successors. 39th Millennium Founding. Emperor's Light: These Marines saw the Imperium as a perversion of the Emperor's will, deemed its festering bureaucracy beyond redemption, and rebelled in order to try and stay true to the Emperor.

Geneseed mutation roll:

Do you guys think Guilliman has ever laughed?

Is he capable of telling a joke? Does he laugh from one?

Leman Russ Demolisher “Nevermore”, named for single-handedly shooting a StormRaven out of the sky.

Makes me sick.

A different army

Jokes on you bitch my local meta is close range assault armies

The only gunline is thousand sons that don't run ahriman, Magnus, princes, or any daemon bigger than a horror

Rolled 9 (1d10)

Origins: Ultramarine successors. 39th Millennium Founding. Emperor's Light: These Marines saw the Imperium as a perversion of the Emperor's will, deemed its festering bureaucracy beyond redemption, and rebelled in order to try and stay true to the Emperor.

Flaws: Geneseed takes a new form from its predecessor's.

Chapter Flaw:

How are you going to flay people? Most Priamaris marines are outfitted with longer range guns.

Rolled 37, 82 = 119 (2d100)

Flaws: Geneseed takes a new form from its predecessor's. Doomed - the Chapter has either lost the ability to generate Progenoids or the Black Carapace, stopping future neophytes from being created. Unless they fix this fast, they're fucked.

Legends and deeds:

I think that was the argument in may yes. GW did okay last time round though so I doubt it'll affect them greatly

>Ritual scarification and the flaying of captured foes are still widespread problems. -Codex Blood Angels

You got your hands on a copy of the new codex and didnt tell us?

Rolled 8, 5, 8, 3 = 24 (4d10)

Flaws: Geneseed takes a new form from its predecessor's. Doomed - the Chapter has either lost the ability to generate Progenoids or the Black Carapace, stopping future neophytes from being created. Unless they fix this fast, they're fucked.

Legends and deeds: A chapter master is their legend, he led an action against an Eldar craftworld, boarding it and inflicting grievous casualties before withdrawing. He and his Chapter are especially hated by the pernicious Eldar, for whom the event is still fresh and raw.

Home sector and combat doctrines:

Nope, I'm not a quitter on my army. I'd sooner try Coven units (that I already own from before so no loss there) even if they're sub standard. Also if you're the cunt who suggested Hellions and Succubus you're a fucking idiot. They're both trash and that's from experience not your poxy math hammer.

>tfw just sitting around waiting for your next game night because warhammer is the only joy in your life
>didn’t even take nice pictures of my last game to remember it by

Raiders with Wyches, Incubi, Succubuss, Helions, Blasterborn, Scourges, beasts, voidbomber.

Anything but Talos, Grotesque and Homunculus really. Those are awful choices that do no damage. Literally ignored units that no one bothers with.

I feel exactly the same about all of these bolter plague marines I’m finishing

>Chapter Approved leaks show land raider mods, probably chaos tank mods

>no experimental battlesuit mods

I just wanted railguns and/or Kroot mutation options(wings, blades, bigger jaws etc) Why the fuck wasn't chapter approved a continuing White Dwarf component or something, instead of a gay codex with half the shit becoming irrelevant as soon as the codexes drop

It's from the 7th edition book where they were introduced.

PLOT TWIST:

What if it only -appears- that the Primaris Blood Angels don't suffer from the rage/thirst? But then a few years down the line, it turns out that they do. And it's fucking worse than ever because when one Primaris starts suffering from it, every single Primaris in the area instantly gets it, too. Shit would hit the fan and make Cawl look bad, as he should.

Whats with GW and thinking abilities that only activate on a 6+ are good?

This plagued the 7th ed ork codex and it looks like not much is changing

Rolled 22, 34, 39, 2 = 97 (4d100)

Legends and deeds: A chapter master is their legend, he led an action against an Eldar craftworld, boarding it and inflicting grievous casualties before withdrawing. He and his Chapter are especially hated by the pernicious Eldar, for whom the event is still fresh and raw.

Home sector and combat doctrines: Imperial Held: This group must remain cautious, for they are not welcome here, but have no choice but to remain. The chapter raids in the sector. Focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles.

Equipment:

Sure you will, better get used to the little /pol/ star you're going to wear before the execution

>All Primaris BA get Lamenters tier luck

You mean they get synchronized?
Like women?

Don't be jealous. The land raider rules are for Open Play and no one plays that.

>Also if you're the cunt who suggested Hellions and Succubus you're a fucking idiot. They're both trash and that's from experience not your poxy math hammer.
I'm not that guy, but I didn't suggest it because I run a wych cult
>tfw you're 100% correct

The indomitus crusade has been going for 100 years

If they had the rage they would know by now. Bobby marines are perfect in every way

I assume something like that will happen. No way GW will just make the red thirst/black rage be cured instantly forever without repercussions.

what armybuilder are this?

Why wouldn't they? I mean Blood Angels wanted it cured and now its cured. It makes perfect sense to keep it that way.

Rolled 5 (1d10)

Home sector and combat doctrines: Imperial Held: This group must remain cautious, for they are not welcome here, but have no choice but to remain. The chapter raids in the sector. Focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles. Operates like a standard chapter.

Equipment: Cannot field Assault Marines. Missing Plasma Weaponry. Favours the traditional bolter.

Goals:

That would make seth so damn happy, instead all he get is to whine about "muh flaw"

the flaws and quirks are what made marines INTERESTING

Hey, all you shits from the last thread crying about scions rolling sixes for extra shots should realize that's only at half range. Also scions don't exactly have a plethora of units. The Ork strategems sucks for everything except maybe lootas, but don't start making shit up about other factions.

So a perturabo thread then?

user marines are the poster boys they cant have Flaws. That would ruin their goodness.

Rolled 11, 15, 91 = 117 (3d100)

Home sector and combat doctrines: Imperial Held: This group must remain cautious, for they are not welcome here, but have no choice but to remain. The chapter raids in the sector. Focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles. Operates like a standard chapter.

Equipment: Cannot field Assault Marines. Missing Plasma Weaponry. Favours the traditional bolter.

Goals: Chapter is at full strength with full companies.

Friends and Enemies:

It's also a trait not a strat.

i bet he'd laugh at this

It's okay. I've played 9 matches and won 5(I play tau so I'm happy) and didn't take one pic of any. I out melee'd Chaos one game, and brought down a Stormraven(I think? Giant box with wings and like 40+shots a turn, carried some spess mehreens in it) with fire warriors in another.. good times.

how to rolled?

Fuck off gabriel, sangy wanted the thirst and rage gone

Say, what are the flaws of the salamanders again ?
inb4 "muh skin color"

You mean how those "flaws" always ended up being tabletop bonuses?
The only time a SM flaw was a potential negative in play was Fists being Stubborn back in the day, because it could fuck you over at times.

Their over caring for civilian lives.

Just getting back into 40k after a long hiatus.

So let me get this straight: the IG can fire their LR tank guns TWICE now??? What kind of bullshit is this?

30k says hello

>post yfw Cawl and the primaris were just an asspull to fit all loyalist marines into a single 9th Ed. codex

Slower reaction times.

Goals: Chapter is at full strength with full companies. The renegades are intent on recruiting to bluster their ranks.

Friends and Enemies: Friends with an Eldar Craftworld. Main enemy is Dark Eldar.

So its an Ultramarine Chapter who want to serve the Emperor outside the Imperium. They have flawed geneseed which means their chapter is doomed, though their ultimate goal is to find a way to recruit. At the moment they are at full strength.They operate in and raid in an Imperium Held sector. They don't have any plasma weapons or assault marines and favour the bolter. They prefer to focus on fast attacks. Their legends involve an attack on an Eldar craftworld, though they have made allies with a different one and become enemies with a Dark Eldar kabal.

Pretty cool. Ideas for colour scheme? Name?

All “gun” models are getting the ability now (other than space marines because they got their codex before GW come up with the idea lololol).

IG tanks fire the main gun twice.
Eldar fire prisms now fire twice.
Tyranid gun beasts like tyranofex now fire twice.

>Raiders with Wyches, Incubi, Succubuss, Helions, Blasterborn, Scourges, beasts, voidbomber.

Raiders are fine I guess.
Wych are TRASH. Worst unit in the dex.
Succubus kills 1-2 MEQ a turn, attacks less than a Haemonculus who can take the Electro Whip to have Better rend with more damage poisoned. He's tougher to boot.
Hellions are currently overpriced and in a weird place, what are you hunting with them except Primaris? Assuming they can make it in on the charge.
I should say I use scourges and would pick them over trueborn as they don't need a transport. That's my biggest issue with trueborn, the 95-125pts extra you pay.
Razorwing flocks are "alright now, Khymera are pointless chaff, Clawed fiends would be fine if they could get across the table but they die just as easy as the grots you dislike so much.
The Void bomber is an inferior flyer to the razorwing.

Name them
The Knights of Blood

Gaaaaaay

So, are any faction's getting anything worthwhile out of Chapter Approved? My Thousand Sons are getting fuck-all, and I can see that Orks and Drukhari are also getting crap.

and battlewagons will get an extra shot on 6's :^)

>Ideas for colour scheme? Name?

You generated everything else randomly, so why not just do that?

loyal chapter creation

Try again

loyal chapter creation (2)

40k tells you to fuck off back to your thread.

Put it in the options field, not the name field.

Jesus fuck I'm glad I wasn't getting hyped for CA.

>Each one of these groups will be getting a Warlord Trait, Relic, at least one Stratagem, and in some cases even more. These are designed to add some thematic character to your army and should put you on a more even footing with those armies that have codexes already.

>ONE warlord trait, ONE relic, at least ONE stratagem

And this might just be rumours, but it looks pretty fucking par for the course so far:

Orks
Warlord Trait- Add 1 to characters strength
Relic- Range and Type: Melee S: +2, AP2, D3 Wound rolls of 6+ inflict D3 mortal wounds instead of normal damage
Stratagems
1. 1CP 2 infantry units within 2" of each other and one contains more than 10 models and the other less than 10 models, you may combine them into a single unit for the rest of the game at the end of the movement phase
2. 1 CP select an Ork infantry or Biker unit before they shoot, each to hit roll of a 6+ gets to immediately shoot again. extra attacks cannot generate additional shots.

Absolute dogshit. Only the relic is worth considering because it avoids the -1 to hit penalty on power klaws.

As expected, looks like CA is just another rush job like the Indexes. Don't expect it to do anything much to help your army out if you haven't gotten a codex yet; GW have firmly signalled that CA isn't even a bandaid fix.

My GF wants to buy a Necrons start collecting this week and I thought it will be nice to buy something to expand her army as for Saint Nicholas' Day gift.
Will another start collecting do the trick? I also heard that ghost ark kit is pretty useful but I can not find any ark phalanx box in my country and shipping is too expensive - my budget is tight tho

No, I think giving an Ork heavy transport that excels in melee the ability to fire twice if it doesn’t move would be the perfect insult to add to injury.

My Inquisitor in Terminator armor and her pet Eversor went on a rampage together the other day. His tally was ~15 Marines and a Librarian, hers was 1 Rhino, 1 Dread, and about ~5 Marines in combat.

I need some good names for females in 40k. I have 2 female Inquisitors, a female Commissar and a female Commander, but none of them have names and I don't know how to come up with any names for them.

Sanguinary Guard or Death Company, what makes a better Alpha Strike for a Vanguard Detatchment?

I feel for you. I keep painting and building more Bullgryn. They are lovely, but just die horribly every game and I keep bringing more. Some of them will do something good dammit!

>the flaws and quirks are what made marines INTERESTING
Boring. We ended up with 30 factions of he's like an Ultramarine, but instead of being average he's a ____
>Emo
>Vampire
>Furry
>Nerd
>NEET
>Autistic
>Traitor

The more that can be done to condense Marines the more space there is for new armies.

in the old days they had I3 because they didn't have the same super speedy reactions as other marines

If you think its going to bet any better in the codex you are sadly mistaken

Orks are shaping up to be shit for a 4th consecutive edition. Either learn to accept that you will never have viable and fun rules like other armies, or sell everything and try a different army/hobby

Are you implying bullgryns aren’t OP bullshit?

Yeah, now we have

>We ended up with 30 factions of he's like an Ultramarine.

Tell me how that is better

Also I think its funny that you believe condensing marines will mean other armies will get more releases

This. I used to take pics, but then I stopped. I've painted more so I should do it again. 40k is the only thing that is nice in my life too. I play once a week at most and the rest of the time is filled with stress and heartache. But for those few hours and the hour after I come home, I'm on fire. I feel so good and happy and I pester everyone I know about what happened in game.

Dunecrawler didn't, because GW literally copy-pasted the index typos and all before tweaking a few things and handing us SM Chapter Tactics, Cawl: The Forge World and a selection of different axes in case we wanted a purely cosmetic relic.

You don't have to worry about being stabbed, your immense fat will protect you from all blades