>had been cursed by a wizard to look like a skeleton
>constantly raping other players, because I was an edgy teenager
>asked literally everyone he met about their profession
>died
>consciousness uploaded into a space van
>ended up being used as the party's vehicle until he died

>>constantly raping other players
>players

He was an old dwarf mercenary with severed PTSD who couldn't sleep because of the night terrors.

whoops, other PCs
It wasn't graphic or anything, I just went "lol i rape the pilot" whenever they went to sleep

silver dragonborn general (i know)
was going to be an alcoholic, but it never came up, was a man of honour and quite chivalrous. shame, i liked him. Gelthon was his name, kinda doughnut steel but he was mine.

>What was your very first PC like?

Werepenguin.

>tabletop game in a high-school setting
>dm is a super gay ultra weeb who’s still going through a late-onset cringe phase
>high school has moved onto a cruise ship for some reason
>have been watching retsupurae, especially their series on Dead to Rights
>get the perfect character concept
>session begins after chargen
>I come into my first class
>I AM LOGSHOREMAN X
>17 years old and already have a full-length beard
>musclebound as fuck (pic related)
>wears a yellow raincoat and wields fishing spears and a pole
>prays to the sea gods every night before bed
>go to theatre class
>it’s a production of the little mermaid
>see a mechanical shark, the urge to fish consumes me
>casts line, the dude in the mechanical shark suit panics and books it
>hang on tight, trying to reel him in
>catch him after a long and arduous chase
>sock him for being an imposter
>”HOW DARE YOU TRICK I, LONGSHOREMAN X”
>eventually towards the end of the first campaign/edition Longshoreman X literally becomes a god through his sheer awesome and command of the sea
>tfw a few years later I learn what a longshoreman actually is

A half-elf ranger. It was at the time the LoTR trilogy movies came out I thought Aragorn was the tightest shit and I wanted to be cool like Legolas. I played with little cunts and my PC ended up drowning because the DM had enough of our shit or something/the school year was nearly over. Good times.

my first PC was a boring 3.0 Ranger that was made with the help of the table vets

I had hunter's mercy and got big crits tho so that was cool

A very important surgeon by day, serial murderer by night. That's until he became a Malkavian.

Gnome barbarian, except I thought DnD gnomes were like Dragonlance gnomes. So he had a ridiculously long name no one ever bothered to learn, talked too fast/much, and liked tinkering with shit, when he wasn't berserk. Combat involved him flying into a frothing rage and then being bodily hurled at enemies by the other PCs.

A cross dressing guardsmen in dark heresy

He has a half blind seer for Talabheim, who rolled bone dice to interpret fortunes. He adopted stray animals, and had a talent for tearing away at loose mortar, and for bribery.

He made a mean nettle soup, until a Lizardman hacked into his skull and sent him into a coma, killing his dog in the process. He wound up with a chest full of coins and a servant to care for him once the magic holding his skull together fizzled out. Not bad, all in all.

Thanks Mr.Strange.

Derple the Gnome Ranger with his best bro being Ronald Reagan the Elf Druid.
>Specialize in slings
>Eventually make magic item to count sling feats to just throwing rocks
>Kill dragons and demons by throwing pebbles at them
>Meanwhile Ronald Reagan was always a bear
>Even had the ability to talk as a bear
>Derple and Ronald Reagan teamed up
>Eventually convince DM that Ronald Reagan was my animal companion
>A town named Powderkeg catches on fire
>Gotta save grandma from falling
>Ronald Reagan picks up the old woman and throws her out the window
>Derple comes in to catch her with his 25 Str
>Campaign slowly dissolves due to school
It was fun while it lasted.

He was an elf cleric of St. Cuthbert, which would later inform many of my habits as a player, as I've played more than my fair share of elf clerics in the great many years since. He wasn't very elf-like in that he was overly lawful and tended to side with humans, even over other elves, but I was also eleven and twelve at the time, so it's no big mystery why. In retrospect, he acted more like a paladin than a cleric in many ways, making himself out to be a crusader of sorts, smashing helms and skulls alike with his meticulously cleaned morningstar.

I later emulated and expanded upon these characteristics, making his zealously Lawful Neutral alignment, ties with humans, and obsessively cleanly nature sticking points for similar characters that I would play in other games.

>Be about 8 years old.
>Invited to a game where my older sister is a player.
>Game is a furry homebrewed system. Knowing what I do now about the community, I sometimes wonder if I was there to put a damper on anything too weird and overly sexual. At the time, I had no idea.
>It's kind of a fantasy equivalent to the immediate post French Revolution; for time out of mind, certain highly magical races were in charge of everything, but now the much more numerous less magical former underlcass seized control of one nation and is engaging in a continent wide war to purge the rest of us.
>Played a dispossessed shapeshifting nobleman.
>Kind of a jack of all trades sort, mostly because I couldn't make a decision as to what I wanted to specialize him as.
>Was somewhat effective, but not hugely.
>Campaign dispersed due to real life issues.
>Probably his best moment was luring a guy out of a bar that we needed to get alone, by starting a fight with him, and then shapeshifting my bones to make a literally unbreakable grip. The bouncers eventually gave up trying to separate us and just threw the both of us out.

An ex city guard captain who got caught taking bribes and became a sword for hire following his exile to provide for his wife and child. Ended up dying at 6th level to a necromancer after leaping through a wall of flame to kill him and defeat the swarm of zombies threatening the party. He managed to wound the necromancer but the wounds he took from the fire as well as from the necromancer were too much and he fell. He's now been risen as a mid tier boss zombie by the BBEG as the first generation of zombie super soldiers.

2eAD&D halfling thief in a dungeon crawl my uncle ran when i was a kid.
>tfw your character only lives long enough to be used by your cousins to bait out enemies
>tfw your uncle reintroduces a clone of your character so that you can keep playing, only for you to die by wizard

Lawful Evil Cleric in 2e

Was really fun

>A half-dragon boy that fought with a weaponized shovel who freed an enslaved half-cat girl and taught her how to fight. 'Twas cool.

Male paladin with blue hair
I wasn't very creative.

>2e
>Human in Dark Earth Setting
>Created an Arcane/Scientific Archer
>Was the only practical PC
>Was slowly turned into Hawkeye who made marskman puns
>Died to a Mage with Windwall

My first npc was a generic whitemage/ pocket cleric. They put on a perfect cheery face, but were into some pretty messed up shit behind the scenes.

>3rd ed
>half elf rogue with punch dagger
>chaotic neutral
>stole loot
>caused tpk
>I am now the gm

It was a shitty bad thing I didn't know was shitty and bad. I am now sorry.

A half cat half human mutant raised to be a ninja by none other than Takeshi Kitano.

>3.5e Homebrew my friend made, trying to capture the magic mechanics of LoTR. It wasn't very good.
>Decided to make a Kobold Sorcerer, asked him if it was okay.
>End up making a three foot tall megalomaniac who's this horrific combination of accidentally edgy and painfully earnest.
>Starting in an underground goblin town, go around getting odd jobs.
>Get hired to go explore a dungeon.
>Walk in the door, there are skeletons.
>Remember I'm a 3.5e sorcerer at first level, and have like 9 CON besides. 4 hp is a hell of a drug.
>Get knocked unconscious in the first hit.
>Get dragged back to town by some goblins that find my bleeding out ass.
>Run back to the dungeon, get repeatedly murdered by skeletons.

All in all, a fine start for what would become a tradition of getting horribly murdered by skeletons in RPGs.

>Dwarven bard
>His schtick was that he was an awful comedian
>After years of failure and disappointing his dad with his career choices, he decides to achieve fame as an adventurer instead
>Had an inordinate amount of strength for a bard and did some heavy lifting in the campaign

The first I played was a Human Paladin (Served a hedonistic fire god, so basically a Fire Barbarian) who roamed the land looking for challenges to bring glory to his clan. That campaign died within 3 sessions.
The first character I finished a campaign with was a Human Wizard in search of knowledge. Throughout the campaign, he slipped from a tired, aggravated young man to a narcissistic psychopath, then finally came back to his senses and returned to the path of enlightenment. He was plenty of fun to play.

Kill yourself.

> 1e AD&D
> Human Cleric
> Got level drained by a Wight twice in the same adventure so he had to reach 4th level like 3 times.
> Reached 8th level before retiring after getting a lot of giant treasure
> Had him die of old age and leave behind some minor magic items and a plot hook for a campaign i ran years later

>2e Forgotten Realms
>Literally Drizz't but just a regular Elf.

Good god I was an enormous faggot when I was 10.

>human fighter
>sent to go slay a dragon
>at level 1
>instead befriend dragon
>go on adventures with dragon
>become renowned dragoon
>people loved us
>major villian struck dragon down in aerial combat
>i plummeted to the ground and died
>dm didnt know what to do after that
>game just kinda fizzled and died
i have never played a player since then.

>pretty typical high-fantasy world made by my buddy for a big first time game with a lot of our friends.
>played a down on his luck old wizard who earned a living doing sideshow tricks, also the only magic user in the group
>immediately laughed at by everyone in the party when i fail a strength test to lift some hammer to pledge my oath to our quest to the local lord
>during a carriage ambush by goblins, wizardman kills the leader with a swing of his staff, and i claim his trident
>for many encounters for the rest of the game my trident strikes true and kills me some hefty foes, and i try every chance to use it reasonably over magic
>late into the adventure we take a pit-stop at our barbarian bro's fishing village
>giant amphibian seabeast drawn to the artifact we carry
>wizardbro sacrifices himself by diving off into the monster's mouth riding the trident like a pogo-stick

after that i made a paladin but the elf player got butthurt over something and the game died out not long after

No. Don't make me do this.
You can't hold me responsible.

She was a human from the human village in Gensokyo who started off hating youkai, but ended up becoming a vampire within like a couple months so she could date one.

I was like 14 at the time.

>over specialized social dude
>31 in social skills, 13 in combat skills
>uses a magnum .357
>talks his way out of 57% of problems
>making big money because job is based on skill and I autistically maxed that
>group has to carry my dude through combat

And to top it all off, his name was Jim Davis.

Oh god, my first character was teenage lolrandom cancer.
>Human bard in 3rd ed
>6 foot Transexual Prostitute who'd screw anything for the right price
>Screwed an entire village of deformed mutants so id have enough money to afford a ring of protection at level 2
>Used whips as my main weapon
>Weird obsession with unicorns
>Desecrated as many corpses as I cold
>Splashed around in demon demon blood
>Tried to feed a corpse a severed leg because I thought the corpse was a unicorn and the leg was a carrot
>Constantly tried to ride on the lizardman's back in the heat of battle.
>Somehow only character to not die.

>realize how much money I have
>realize how useless I am in combat
>read through high tech book
>realize I can legally buy a WW2 Russian tank
>fix the tank up (18 int, 8 wis)
>im_a_tank.jpg
>at this point I’m basically just drowning my enemies in gold

My first Character was Oskar, Half-orc Paladin
>Team mum
>constantly reigning in (and playing the straight man to) sister’s halfling bard
>adopted a little shit of a teenager
>trying to teach him to be good, or at least competent
>freakishly good AC due to build and magic shield
>spends a lot of time on fire
>DM is super flaky so still waiting on him to finish his story

>kurgan barbarian in a setting that combines Howard and Moorcock
>still ongoing game, where he's trying to earn renown so he can return to the tribe for claiming its chieftainship
Not a particularly deep character, but the group and I do make some smart moves to avoid lethal combat every now and then

I was a cleric trapped in an underground labrynth and looking for a way to escape alive. There was no escape. It was still fun.

Chaotic Good Minotaur barbarian who wanted to redeem himself after killing his father.

>It's 1991
>I'm enamored of mandarin's rings
>buddy is starting a D&D campaign
>tell him I want mandarin's rings
>we look up the information together.
>I didn't know this at the time, but in D&D you can only equip 2 rings
>ten fuckin' rings
>they're loaded with cantrips- shocking grasp, burning hands, etc
>adventure around for a bit
>get some levels
>get upgrades for the rings
>the game was basically just running around and killing shit (we were 11 or 12) and getting stronger rings

It was pretty fun... but simple.

>Freshman year
>3.5 D&D
>CG Cleric, 64 years old, swears all the time
>Constantly tries to get ladies
>We're 14 and don't understand CHA so he totally does
I physically recoil in anguish when I think about those sessions late at night.

>tfw you will never play D&D as the blingmaster

>Half elf cleric named after a Japanese power metal band

>A pleasant fellow who would take lots of risks to save his allies

>Worshiped a sun goddess who gave him the power to protect others

>Walked around in full plate armor with a helmet that always has his faced covered in shadow
>Took near fatal damage after a serious battle. Winds up going missing after the party takes a long rest, leaving his helmet behind.

>Party member eventually finds him and sees his true face

>He's a zombie

>It is then revealed that he was revived by the goddess out of pity for being one of her last remaining disciples.

Galneryus was a good boy

>first game of any sort of dice-rolling RPG
>online, some Veeky Forums horror light brew being tested
>decided to just roll the character
>only good stat was them physical educations
>paperphobe
>did not take class seriously
>Decided to play her as an idiot.

Game was short, pretty sure it collapsed due to some sort of misunderstanding on IRC.

Later after the game collapsed, decided to expand the backstory to her being the byproduct of a caring single mom and her papyrophobia being due to mother's ex-boyfriend papercutting her as a form of discipline.

>Magical Girl game
>Bullied computer nerd with a heart of gold turned magical girl
>Uses her magical powers of manifesting barriers to protect her friends, sort of like Green Lantern if Green Lantern just made big walls and shields and stuff
>Sort of intended it to parallel her personality as an introvert in that she "walls herself off" from people but kind of never came up because discovered pretty quick that being the quiet pc in p&p games just means you are ignored

It was p tight, she had some fun adventures

having been a dragonlance fan and the Dm wanted a sleeper traitor character I was given a few notes before his creation

>human fighter that cross leveled in sorcerer

>goes by the name Whitehelm because his helmet is painted white

>was an orphan nomad child before being bought to be made a footsoldier of the "Legion of Vass"

>was raised by the Legion and made my way to captain

>when our post was attacked by the good guys my guy murdered the other officers for trying to loot and run, leaving our troops to die alone

>party finds him standing over their corpses and covered in blood, he panics and waves saying "your'e welcome!"

>can't believe he got away with bullshitting his way out of being mass-merced, he joins the team and helps 'em out,planning to betray them down the line

>travels with 'em, waiting for that right moment...he's starting to have fun with these guys...

>starts actually caring enough to go out of his way to save some of the npc's, sharing potions, etc

>eventually fight the big bad, a shadow dragon in a level 20 sorcerer's body,we've all become legends at this point, feeling good

>we barely survive the first half, lose a few players in the second but we prevail!

>fists high and cheering I'm told to roll a wisdom test...

>I fail...

>the dragon possessed him and the others don't know

>8 years later (real years) in the revival campaign, the party has to stop a madman with a white helmet from reviving the Legion of Vass

Fallen paladin with severe ptsd. Was held for nearly a year in what amounted to a viet cong POW camp. Became disillusioned when his order cast him out to hide their shame after not rescuing him.
Ended up horrifically scarred from being the party tank, nose cut off, lost an eye, most of his teeth knocked out. Had to be put down by the party after being mind controlled by a cursed sword. Was convinced he was reliving the fight where he was captured and would have rather died than be taken alive again.
Shit i still feel bad about this guy

Let's see..
>Fighter, level 2. D&D 3.5
>Wanted to be a 'knight' so I had my yes set on Cavalier prestige class.
>There was an actual Knight class in another martial supplement but it wasn't good.
>Buy horse, lance, heaviest armor i can start with (breastplate).
>Not super good damage compared to parties resident barbarian with huge sword
>First session town we are in is attacked by pirates
>Goes into burning building to rescue baby, it's something supernatural, rolls 3 in a will test and it makes my character dazed or something, falls downstairs, have to be rescue by another player
>Tries to grab my horse to fight pirates, town is burning so someone cut horse loose, almost got ran over by own horse. Roll a 2 in a ride test to grab the saddle as it passes to mount it on the go.
>Decide to fuck it, pick sword, go fight pirates on foot
>Before i reach one, D&D narrates that a ship shows up, bombard the town and pirates gather in the square.
>Big pirate boss makes flowery speech and crew embark, players not allowed to ask
>First time playing so i'm ok with this
>Next session goes to a city and get a quest to fight things in sewers
>Unremarkable crawl in sewers fighting kobolds and crazy people who happened to live there because this city banished the crazy to the sewers rather than asylums
>Sewers, so let to tie my horse outside
>Barbarian crit miss an attack, DM rolls a dice. Decides it hits me instead. Kills me.
>DM decides maybe it doesnt kill me.
>Go out of sewers for meager reward
>Someone stole my horse
>Session 3 never happens

Yup.

>Players not allowed to act
fixd

>Gnome Illusionist with a dragon fetish

>Elf Rogue noble who ran away to experience the life of a desert airship pirate
>Expected life to be cool
>Thinks he is better than everyone due to his noble status
>Second encounter
>Is completely unable to damage a skeleton
>The GM never showed up for another session

3.5 DnD, It was a Halfling thief who would steal EVERYTHING.
Honestly, I was pretty much playing a Kender, complete with stealing other players shit and then defending myself with 'I was just holding it for safe keeping. Honest.'

>Cat Witch
>Skilled completely on mind alteration and mental force
>Learned the settings mass rape spell/curse
>Eventually murder a small town with massive disgusting forced orgy
>Do it again later
God I loved that system.

Kobold Bard
Used trickery to make goblins believe he was a dragon, wasn’t very good at it

Only was used two weeks before game stopped.

>human ranger
>bounty hunter background
>grity bitter personality
he was esentially fantasy ranger frank castle,i still use that pc from time to time,but a little less frank

> Playing classic AD&D in the early 80's
> I'm 11 or 12 years old and a complete newb who knew nothing about the game.
> GM and couple of experienced players teaching myself and 3 - 4 other newbs how to play.
> I'm running a pre-made 5th level cleric...
> DM: "You see a group of Goblins ahead."
> Me: "Can I throw holy water on them?"
> DM: "You can, but you'll just have wet pissed off Goblins and waste your holy water."
> Me: "Oh, OK..."
> Repeat 4 or 5 more times with random monster encounters...
> DM: "You see half a dozen skeletons approaching the party with weapons in hand."
> Everyone looks expectantly at me...
> Me: "Unnnnn, I ready my Mace?"
> Everyone in unison: "Throw holy water on them!"

Fortunately, none of my current gaming group was around for my 'early days' of gaming.

>Just wanted to play DnD 3.5 as a fighter.
>They need a healer.
>Halfbreeds campaign.
>Half Sun Elf, Half Nymph
>Become pure healer elf with a whooping 26 CHA, and no real method of defending herself.
>Must wear a concealing rope so every merchant does not rape me.
>First time playing, so I don't abuse the 34-35 Diplomacy.
>Eventually start enjoying the game and taking notes.
>They feel I'm not having fun, so This Guy (He was pretty based despite this) captures my character and "defiles her" to the point she was a stain on the floor.
>why.jpg
> Reroll as a stoner satyr with a bow.

Half orc Fighter following rumors of a society of half-breeds in an attempt to find a place where he could belong

My dude

Epic

I went with bronze for lightning breath, exclusively so I could name him Nikola. Was a pally devoted to Bahamut, but I worry that me and the group were in two different directions cause when he got AP 22 armor the DM thought it was a gift, despite the fact that Nikola got it cause his AP 21 shat was a relic of Bahamut that got stolen

>Half-Elf cleric of Bahamut
>Raised by a single human father on a farm
>Town ended up forced into slavery in copper mines
>Escaped, learned clericin'
>Came back and rained down smites on the slavers
>Couldn't go back to a boring farm life, started adventuring

3.5 Human Ranger who met the party in the wilderness and offered his camp to them. Showed his usefulness when in the middle of the night, he managed to get an insane Spot check amidst a sea of negative modifiers to locale a monster creeping up on the party and then got a critical hit on his attack against it.

If he was evil, living in a fantasy setting, and had sold his soul to the devil.

I didn't own one, to expensive. But a friend got one with 2 GB hard drive we thought would last a lifetime... .It didn't.

It was a random hobo with a Zweihander and he was so skilled in art he would carve beautiful landscapes into walls with his zweihander and he also was a huge party animal

He was a kind and gentle soul who just wanted to help people who could not help themselves.My current DM would have destroyed him.

3.5, level one Elven Wizard. DM told us to roll health at first level instead of taking max and I had a 10 in con so I literally started the game with 1 HP.

First roll of the first fight of the first session a goblin crit me in the face for 11 damage, killing me instantly.

>Racist elf monk/luchador
>Had a massive hateboner for gnomes on acount of one of them fucking up a sacred ritual that left him with the terrible name "Other Monk" and having to become litteraly the greatest monk ever or face his belief systems version of hell.

> Pathfinder
> 18 year old me, new town, no friends.
> Always wanted to try tabletops in my youth but never had the chance
> New job has coworkers around my age, turns out they do Pathfinder every weekend
> They offer me a spot at their table after a few weeks of hanging out

> After a brief runthrough of the rules and chargen. I am told that the party consists of goblins and right now they are assaulting a fort alongside a larger force.

> A weedy little goblin didn't fit to my liking so I opted for the larger, more imposing Hobgoblin. Situated myself as a mercenary of the allied force. A bold and loud fighter infamous among his peers of never playing dirty. Why hit a guy from behind when you can hit him harder from the front and he knows it was you?

> Suddenly the allied force turned on the party, it was a trap organized by a scheming npc.

> Que Gobber, my honorable fighter of greenish hue. He wasn't paid to be killin his own kin and these guys werent burning down houses like the others.

> I join into the battle with a greataxe and crit the first bugbear into clean halves.

Adventure continued for a fair bit after, turned out the party were "good" goblins and would have killed me if I didnt use a wish that I had earned earlier to atone my soul and shift to LN instead of LE.

I think Gobbers most memorable moment was tossing a burning skeleton (yeah it hurt, but the fucker was trying to burn out cart of oil) through the window of a nearby storage building. Ocourse it was filled with fireworks.

Basically a friendly version of Alex mercer in a purple wizards outfit

1'st game
> Hellsing RPG with bunch of other anime and non-anime insertions
> Play as basically a male biker version of Haruharu Haruko from FlCl with the powers of inserting cartoonish comedic tropes into reality.
> Crack open another PC's head and pull out a robot.
> Do some goofy stuff I don't remember

2'nd game
> A generic fantasy freeform RPG
> Be an elf warrior with some slight magic abilities
> Have some actually decent adventures
> Party includes elf bro, a pickpocket rogue girl, a wizard, and a gay orc (That guy), but game goes surprisingly well,

3'rd game
> An animesque magic school
> Be the local Severus Snape with powers of edgy-munchkin-killing (a pretty cool mirror spell and another one that turns a character's backstory and OP'ness against them - the edgier the harder)
> Nearly kill a 666 edgy 443556 you guy who sexually harrasses a shy student girl IC and offends her OOC
> The only reason I don't finish him is he gets banned
> Befriend the girl
> We're still best friends. After so many years. Always.

literally no personality, and the gm made his backstory for me.

my second pc was the son of a single father who kept pressing him into learning magic when he instead wanted to be an adventurer.
he trained in secrete, stole his dads money and ran away from home. daddy issues made him hate magic beyond convenience stuff like mage hand or mending.

one of the players in a game i'm running for 13 year olds is playing that exact character.

>Werewolf The Apocalypse game, 8+ years ago
>set in 1920's Boston, prohibition focused
>played a Nuwisha because I had to be a unique special snowflake
>the character was flatter than a piece of paper, its only defining features being that it was a werecoyote and also a guurrlll
>didn't even play to its strengths, just ran into combat willy nilly even though it wasn't built for it
>get wrecked by a Black Spiral Dancer at the very beginning of the final battle of the first arc
>get mad, storm out of Skype call and don't talk to DM/players for a week

I was a young angsty teenager. I got a lot better as years progressed and we started up more games. I still play with the same group to this day (mostly because it's my brother and his friends), I appreciate them putting up with a dumb kid for so long while I grew up.

My first easily 5 PC's were rogues that all died in the same GM's different games. So many fucking dead rogues.

Dwarf fighter.
I did it just to be a contrarian because they other players were all elves or half-elves.
Played him as straight-up stereotypical dwarf.

My first character in any RPG was an autistic Tech-priest.
I can't quite remember what became of that campaign. The first character I did play long term was an Elven Knight in a game of WHFRP. If I recall we ended up saving an important Gold Wizard after a protracted campaign and were rewarded in much riches.

All these clearly young people make me feel old, man. When I say I was eleven when I first played D&D, that means I've been playing for nearly thirty years, but for some here, that very obviously only means three to six years at most.

first PC: Acorn electron with the tape drive, later we upgrade to the CPC464 with built in tape drive,
first character was a halfling thief who was a bit stabby and a pervert (i was an edgelord kid)

Elf swordswoman who was relatively normal considering I was like 13 when I played her.
She joined the campaign by being fishing at the same lake the others stopped off at to refill their water flasks and she shared her catch with them and joined up.
She ended up in a sort-of relationship with anther player's not!avariel, which ended in heartbreak right at the end of the campaign.
The villain killed him in the final battle and his body was lost (because his player had intended for him to want to try and rebuild his race, so hooking up with a normal elf wasn't on the cards, much as he wanted to).
He actually survived and went on to be in another campaign someone else ran.
My fighter ended the campaign heartbroken but she adventured on with some of the other PCs, though that continuation story never really happened since the DM had real life stuff come up.

Jesus, that was like 16 years ago now.

Male Human Fighter 8 in a D&D 3.5 campaign. The 'new' edition had just come out and the GM said I should play an easy class to learn the system. He was also nice enough to give me a set of +2 Scale Mail and two +1 Shocking Longswords for my character to dual wield. I only played that character for one session, he died in the second battle when a blackguard crit him and knocked his 11 Constitution ass to -23 HP or something. I remember playing him as a boisterous friendly guy who would (and did) die to protect his team.

As an agent of the wyrm, I laugh at your suffering

I played a young female kitsune hengeyoukai monk. Pretty bad, but I was myself a 16 y/o girl so I guess it could have been worse.

I totally seduced the evil king. $$$

He was a dwarf exiled at the cusp of adulthood for fucking up big time. He followed a blind firbolg's teachings and became a socially inept druid trying to regain his lost honor.

The campaign fizzled out but he'll probably show up as a NPC in my game one of these days.

Here's a story about a newbie and his first time ever trying any D&D stuff at all.

>Be me
>Around 17
>Brother in law takes me and my younger brother, 11, to go try out D&D with him and his DM, we've been asking about the game for awhile
>DM is an old school Grognard, mid 40s, pretty chill and very kind hearted but lets the dice fall where they may
>DM's kids play with Brother in Law normally, 8 and 13 year old girls, they help me and bro understand all the rules
>We're playing AD&D 2e
>End up making a human monk, was in love with old kungfu movies at the time
>He turns out to be a glass cannon, 3d6 straight down, 17 STR but 5 CON, end up with only 1 HP
>We go talk with the locals and hear some wired rumors and are told to talk with the dock master of we need coin
>Our fist task is to go to an ocean side cave and find some fisherman that had gone missing
>The cave stinks of rotten fish and low tide
>The fisherman had been taken captive by crabmen
>Roll for initiative
>End up going first and rush the first crabman, trying to punch and kick it with my bare hands
>Miss
>Crabs go next
>Crit
>Crap
>Confirms
>Double crap
>Crit table
>Decapitated by claws
>Welp, oh well, don't get mad though, had heard this can happen and was told my character probably wouldn't last long
>DM says sorry about that and to start rolling up new character, sit of to the side with one of the daughters and get help making a new one
>No hard feelings either way, it's just a game anyways and still had fun

All and all was still fun even though I died an hour into the game, he was a great DM and inspired me to become one too. My bros character faired better, made it to 7th level palidin before we stoped playing, as did my second, a human sorcerer. A good way to be introduced to the game in my opinion and would happily punch a crabman again.

>human
>male
>fighter
>used a spear
>actually RPed to the best of my abilities even though I was 12
>didn't TK like That Guy did to me because I didn't want to murder the caravan who didn't want to pay us extra even though we fucked up the quest
All in all, better than it could have been.

His name was Mumba the Warrior. He was an african human fighter in a fantasy setting who was like the alpha negro. Rolls ended with ridiculous stats:

18 STR, 18 DEX, 18 CON, 15 INT, 16 WIS, 18 CHA.

He was a forager/hunter who fought with a shield, protecting his allies from harm, a mace and a spear and then had a longbow to MLG snipe people with his also good DEX. I also lucked out with the HP rolls, becoming hands down the strongest in the party.

His last fight was leading a few braves against the undead army of a Necromancer. When the battle was about to be over though, the Druid feared for his safety and turned tail, and our decimated troops also ran away.

Mumba was the first to enter the fray, and last to leave cursing the powers that be, and swearing revenge.

>DM tells me i can do anything in this game
>Decide to see how far he'll go before he says enough is enough
>Make a 12 year old who is 6' tall and is completely bald
>Make his god Shrek, the god of calligraphy
>Immediately forget my character is 12 and decide that his goal this game is to get some minotaur puss, just to see if the DM well tell me no
>He doesn't say no
>End up hiring a guy to find me a female minotaur, have to pay him 500 gold for his troubles
>First thing i tell the minotaur to do is to rip the mans face off
>I now have a new face
>Try hooking up with the minotaur, it brutally turns me down
>Decide i must teach the minotaur a lesson
>Go into town and find a group of 30 orphans in alley
>Convince them all to spank a minotaur
>See the minotaur, have them all run out and spank it
>DM counts it as a sneak attack, proceeds to explain to me how all players in a round take their turns within 6 seconds
>MFW 30 children just spanked an angry minotaur that had cleave

He never said enough was enough, so props to him for proving a point.

>githzerai monk
>acted like a horny bard
basically played a character sheet

Half-orc cleric/fighter worshipping Pelor (sue me, I didn't know about paladins at the time) who drank way too much, missed his wife and daughter, loved a good scrap, and adopted the myconid sprout we broke out of prison with.

That was a fun game.

Lolrandom half-orc gunslinger that died way too soon.

A smuggler bard with a magical sentient crossbow that would only work if he could make it laugh. Motherfucking crossbow never did until I crack a Drow Wizard's head open in a fit of rage by chucking it at her. We abandoned the scene as the underwater castle we were in began to submerge, and as we ran the crossbow was like "W-wait, aren't you gonna pick me up? I'm a powerful magical weapon!" I think I yelled "Yeah but you're a cunt" as the place collapsed

Bard himself died of a self induced explosion not long after.

He was me if I was an elf who could play a lute. He eventually grew into something greater. But at first it was just my ego personified.

>GMPC
>"Self insert" in the future, so descendant, because I didn't feel confident enough to roleplay anything yet.
>Few players, so tried to be a jack of all trades. Fucked at everything.
>Shot in the head and fell into a coma during the first fight.
>Went on to GM my GMPC myself through the campaign when it looked like my players weren't coming back after summer vacation but there was no way for me (That I knew of) to get my fix of the Mechwarior RPG or something Battletech based with a story.

In spite of being horrible in terms of a character concept, I still look back on it with nostalgia. Without any prior RPG experience, I had to learn all the Do's and Don'ts the hard way when I was fresh out of highschool. Also because I've to date never been able to catch that unicorn and join a Battletech RPG group IRL. Nothing else fully scratches the itch, whether D&D, CoC, L5R or Red Markets. Battletech Wargaming is only a minor difficulty, but RPG groups are probably 1/20, and of those, the ones where the GM hasn't bastardized the game with some retarded BS like badly rewritten lore, force powers, or some custom gary stu who pulls the strings for the entire universe? Still have yet to hear about one.

Kobold Cleric that was out adventuring because a group of adventurers came in and stole stuff from his home village and he was sent out to get an important religious artifact back.