>Unearthed Arcana: ANGRY ABOUT ELVES
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-ElfSubraces.pdf

>Trove (yes, Xanathar PDF included)
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously on /5eg/:How much art do you use at the table? As a player, do you have art of your characters? As a DM, do you have art of NPCs, settings, and equipment? Elaborate and share your arts with the group if you're so inclined.

Angry about elf and raven queen ua. Next ua when?

It annoys me to no end that no one else in my group uses custom character art. I always find the perfect thing for mine.

Pic related is my Half-Elf (Drow) Land Druid.

Should I use a tile mat for my first game or just use theatre of mind? Around 4 players.

the december UA has been delayed to january because of christmas

also, the january UA has been delayed to february because of new year

Exciting encounters of the Feykind.

I've seen/heard/experienced none. Are they even real? I think the Fey and the Feywild is just a meme. Nobody has actually used them in their campaign.

For the first session I'd stick to just a rough map with no actual distances and use theatre of the mind, so combining the two. Essentially, the map is just to help players get their bearings and understand things. They won't have any abilities that really care about exact distances and space at low levels.

After a couple of sessions introduce them to proper battle map shit.

theatre of the mind with paper for a player to map things out as you describe them and for-DM-eyes-only graph paper sketches of complex locations

Grid makes things easier for new people imo, gives a clear idea of where things are and what abilities will do.

Personally I use some generic looking hexgrids I have from the Arena of the Planeswalker's game for most battles. I prefer the tactical options of hexes but it makes cube spells funky as hell.

In 4e I played a campaign set in the Feywild. I was a Satyr Sorcerer which was fun as fuck.

You attack the darkness, a grue eats you.

Eagerly awaiting for user's saturday report.

What makes, to you personally, Curse of Strahd, Storm King's Thunder or Tomb of Annihilation great?

Xanathar bookmarked pdf yet?

oh my word, the arrogance.

Is there any way to increase the damage of Magic Stone?

Increase your spellcasting ability modifier

Ask your DM to allow overplay with Archery Fighting Style

I have one, but I haven't cared enough to share it.

Only took like an hour too.

Share it please

have the Unearthed Arcana subclasses been tweaked/changed in any significant ways in Xanathars Guide to Everything?

mostly made worse

Dragonborn, dwarf, or half-orc battlemaster fighter?

Dwarf. Go full meme for the 20 STR and CON at level 6.

megadotnz/#!L41AVAzK!tVSqfUC6daQVv2vO8cgSCVWA48JXAfYxJN8T88MWqm4

Dorf

>How much art do you use at the table?
only props like drawing a scale wagon or making a trap in grayscale for darkvision fags

As a player, do you have art of your characters?
always draw my characters if I'm a player. never as DM

>As a DM, do you have art of NPCs,
no
> settings, and
no
>equipment?
no

>Elaborate
D&D is not a fucking visual game, it's imagi-fucking-nation and if you cannot describe a 6'6" burly leather clad roughneck, with greasy hair and a five oclock shadow that more or less looks hacked off by the giant chipped battle axe he carries like a toothpick, and who has the nose of a pig orc and smells worse, despite apparently being human under the dirt, then you shouldn't be DMing.

> and share your arts with the group if you're so inclined.
I'm not inclined, ever. DMing is not a place to grandstand and pull your drawing dick out for anons to croon over. There are drawthreads and deviant for strokes, as a DM you should be DMing not making everyone look at your latest furfinity fan art.

How is that even possible with point buy. Most you can get is 20/18

>dat manbun

>Dwarf. Go full meme for the 20 STR and CON at level 6.

>Be user.
>Think: there's no way that's possible.
>Read dorf stats.
How the fuck are the stats on dwarves that high? How in the triple fuck do they have parity with Goliaths and have more CON to boot?

I'm half erect just waiting

welcome to the magical world of reading the book

Sorry, level 8. Still it's really fun having two maxed stats when most people won't even have one if they grabbed a feat until level 12.

Because Dwarves are awesome.

>Here we have Duthy Ironshield, a level 8 Dwarf who is literally the strongest and toughest humanoid in the world aside from that one level 20 Barbarian
This is awesome.

this better be cats

>I'm almost disappointed it's the real thing

You can already use magic stone with archery fighting style with a sling.

If you're a rogue with 10 dex, a 20 wis druid giving a magic stone to you to use with a sling is like having a +5 weapon.

Based user

I don't have that PDF so the best fakeout I could probably do is

-5 movement and most of their racials are situational

I used to draw a bunch, then got out of practice, but my stagnant skills are just enough to make simple illustrated item cards for important stuff. I also tend to sketch out custom monsters for my benefit, to better flesh things out.

>rolling your orientation

also
>hetro 65%
>homo 25%

>fetishes
>floor tiles

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmtiles

So I'm confused about the Ability checks in the Tool Proficiency stuff with Xanathar. If an alchemist wants to start a fire, its a DC of 15. But what do you calculate? Do you just throw a D20? What do you add?

I like classic faerie lore a lot and just made stuff up. Still one of my favorite things I've ran.

Thanks my guy

Proficiency bonus and an attribute which the DM and player deems appropriate. Tools aren't tied to a single attribute.

If, at all, anyone wants to be even a little bit strategic or have their bearings on the battlefield, go mat. It's like night and day. I can't keep that shit in my head only.

I draw almost the entirety of my token art for enemies and NPCs for my game. Not full-body or reference stuff.

Best feats for sword and board eldritch knight?

Got it. I guess in most cases it'll be an obvious choice at least. Thanks.

I went with the Guild Artisan background and chose Potter's Tools as my set. I guess it'll work great for archaeology and hunting in ruins.

Warcaster

>I can't keep that shit in my head only.

your problem is you're trying to keep a GRID in your head. you don't need to. to do it in your mind
>there are 2 orcs and 3 goblins in the room, the orcs are on either side and the goblins are two in the middle one at a table sitting in a chair
>ranger I target the goblin in the chair
>fighter I step to the orc on the left and swing my ask
>cleric OK I guess I'll take the orc on the right
>the two goblins in the middle rush the cleric surrounding him
>fighter can I reach the goblins?
>dm: not without stepping away from the orc
etc.

it's not hard unless you count fucking squares and counting fucking squares should not be a thing in the first place whiteboardmasterrace
>the two goblins in the middle rush

>compatibility by race

is this even possible

So I was hanging with my DM today just shooting the shit and was reading through the monster manual, and thought out loud I could probably take a tarrasque with a team of 6 level 9 characters.

He decided to challenge me to it, so we're doing it next week. I have till then to prepare 6 characters (rolled for stats, HP will be fixed values). Not sure on if I get time to prepare the battlefield or will get any magic items.

My idea is using a cleric with contagion to burn it's legendary resistances, then another cleric with contagion to use it again and get 4 monks to constantly punch it to death.

Is this viable? Any thoughts on different strats? I feel like I can maybe win.

The stats I rolled:

1: 16, 5, 14, 13, 15, 13
2: 13, 16, 12, 9 ,12, 17
3: 11, 10, 12, 18, 15, 15
4: 13, 14, 16, 13, 13, 9
5: 15, 16, 15, 17, 16, 14
6: 9, 15, 9, 14, 8, 17

Open mat and inch measurements>>battlemat>>ToTM

Really you just want something which tracks relative positioning and TotM gets really unwieldy with more than a few enemies at once.

Carpet of Flying and magic bows are all you need. Fly spells and Magic Weapon is a substitute if you don't get magic items.

My sister and I started playing dnd about a year ago. During our first runs I was dming while managing my own character because it was only 4 us counting my sister and me. Now I'm forever dming but my sister helps me and plays with her character from time to time. She's a graphic designer and she makes the portraits of every PC and some important NPCs. Every portrait features some kind of feat related to the character. Her elf ranger features the perfectly cutted balls (ballsack and all) of a certain necromancer.

Also...
Where can I get a full map of the forgotten realms?

Get 6 Sorcerer's with Fly and Ray of Frost with spell sniper. Literally just sit up there throwing Ray of Frost out of it's reach.

Did any race in particular worship bhaal more than other races did? Like did dwarves or whatever have a certain inclination for bhaal?

Dorfs are even more extreme than you think. Ability to ignore Str limits on heavy armor. This obviously makes them the absolute best at being Cleric, but it actually supports all class options.

Take 1st level Fighter, maybe Cleric for heavy armor proficiency and you have an incredible caster with loads of HP who also wears plate and shield despite 8 Str. Primary stat lags behind but primary stat is half as important for casters as it is a martial.

>Ranged spell attack rolls vs the Tarresque

Ray of Frost slow effect doesn't stack with itself.

3 Kensai and 3 Divine Soul Sorcerers with twinned Fly. Kensai can sit up there with free magic longbows and the Sorcerers can do nothing but heal them if they somehow get hurt.

>ray
>tarrasque
>nonstacking penalty
>hurf durf Veeky Forums are smahrt

That's right up there with 'drowning the tarrasque makes it harmless, what do you mean how am I going to get it in a lake?'

Is the speed of Tenser's Floating Disk always as fast as you are?

If you're running 120 feet per turn, is the Disk also moving that fast?

]
haha, aww man, these seem actually really straight forward and I was thinking of all sorts of crazy cheese strats
those are all great ideas tho, thanks fellas

You can do it with one level 11 character easy.

4 Elements Monk with Mobile feat and the option to cast fly on themselves for 4 ki. A party of level 9's can do it easy with a bit of cheese.

Fact of the matter is the Tarrasque isn't strong at all, it's more of a plot device then a creature you should challenge people to beat. It works best as a giant monster a very powerful cult is trying to harness the power of, so that they can support the creature in any final battle against it. Also as a Siege Engine it's awesome.

Can someone help me optimize / minmax the best Tortle build?

DIdn't the tarrasque used to regenerate health really fast? Is that gone?

It's gone, the 5e Tarresque sucks

yes it is gone, yes that's retarded.

So just any class?

I really want to run the Samurai archetype from the fighter's UA, but I don't want to come off as a weeb. So how does this sound:
Egyptian/Middle Eastern Samurai. Still fights for a master, has the general morals of loyalty, is trained in a great group of weapons, but all from ancient Middle Eastern/African combat.

This mainly came from my love for Glaives/polearms and Funky curved blades. Also having a Helmet in the shape of a Horus like pic related or Anubis.

I am sure I can relate this to some Desert society, his master died while the PC was out fighting on his behalf, now searches for something to stand for as his class is disposed.

Just asked him, I will need to take ammo into account. Will 60 shots total be enough you think?

Also will have standard equipment

Forgot to mention it would be based on using a cured long sword, a long bow, and a glaive.

That doesn't sounds weeb like user. I like your idea.

If you're going to refluff Samurai anyway, and are only after the weapon choices (which ALL Fighters have), then why play the subclass at all?

Not saying that your idea isn't a decent one, but what is it about the Samurai subclass you want to play?

That won't be enough ammo. The Tarresque is AC 25 and has 676 HP. Use Druids with Thorn Whip instead, as it's a Melee Spell Attack which bypasses Reflective Carapace.

Can a Wizard recover spells during a Long Rest if they're getting dicked down hard by the Chadbarian during it?

you should ask one of your crafty players to make a 3d wooden modular board so that you can make terrain and destroy it mid-combat

fucking saved. This is amazing.
Make sure the guy tells him how passive perception works, newbie DMs who think they can just auto-ambush players are snarky little shits when they encounter 18passive perception.

A long rest requires 6 hours of sleep and two hours of light activity. So yes, but not for more than 2 hours, and they might need to get dicked down softly to meet the "light activity" clause.

Unless they're an elf, as elves actually finish a long rest in 4 hours of trance and can spend the next 4 (or 2 if the Barbarian wants a long rest and isn't also an elf) getting dicked down hard.

>spoiler
If the elf is bred during the deep dicking session, she gains advantage on all physical and magical rolls and gets two additional spell slots per level. It isn't pure sluttiness that causes elves to become slaves.

Have you actually spoken to women?

>Have you actually spoken to women?
no one has, women are a myth

>fa/tg/uys interacting with womyn out of the very unlikely group of fat womanlets on their groups.

I think pure RAW answers to questions like that are funny, cool your jets

The abilities part. It says no where Samurai have to be the dnd Japanese equivalent.

>I really want to run the Samurai archetype from the fighter's UA, but I don't want to come off as a weeb.

Here's what I did, I just simply renamed "samurai" to "swordmaster" or something similar and then just play as a western "samurai" without all the weeb shit

But I really love your Egypt idea and you should just ignore me and go with that cause its great.

I visit my mother every Sunday. Does that count?
Don't judge, free lunch is a free lunch.

Have you actually ever laughed without a laugh tracks assistance?

>it's a the party has to go to a fancy ball session
what are some other tropes you love and try to put in every campaign

I hope you actually do user.

mine died this year. shit sucks

I'm working on a new build, is this too OP or will I be okay?

Yeah I'm not really saying that it has to be Jap, your Egyptian idea is good and you should do it.

I'm more puzzled at which abilities you find good about it?
From my (novice) point of view it seems like Battlemaster is just better, the best things the Samurai has to me is Wis save prof on 7th and the lv15+ features.

Why not just take 20 levels in every class with every archetype?

If you explicitly avoid kiting cheese, you can do shit like have a load of monks unload overwhelming numbers of stuns on the terrasque, or have casters use a ton of saves it's shit at on it, or so on and so forth.

Honestly I think just a well-optimized team could probably do it by standard if they arrange themselves properly, lock down its movement to force it to attack one extremely overbuffed guy and demolish it.
i.e. have one guy with a ton of AC buffs (warding bond, shield of faith, haste, etc) and find a way to force the terrasque to fight that guy, such as with cavalier features and sentinel as well as all the other guys staying out of its move+attack distance. If you did somehow get magic items, you'd want + AC items, obviously.

>Rolling for stats

Oh, it's funny alright, I'm laughing at them.

I'm not autistic so yes, but based on your reaction, you've yet to come out of your mom's basement and actually talk to women.

Is there any particular reason that Rangers got a kick in the balls for 5e? Why is the PHB Ranger so shit? I know they apologized with the UE article, but Christ who thought what we had was ok? Barbarians got the ability to resist almost everything and Fighters could have 19/20 crits, what is wrong with giving them a little extra non-flavor stuff at level 1 or 2? Pic related, running Revised Ranger Lizardfolk right now and appalled at PHB version.

I've held one of their hands. This is what they look like right?
The rogue tries to smuggle at least one of his 25 weapons past a weapons checkpoint.

chill

It's the hexblade, right? The hexblade is just too gimmicky.